I hate the PLL jerseys

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
hooligan88

I hate the PLL jerseys

Post by hooligan88 »

This isn't soccer. I love true Lacrosse uniforms, not this crap. While i am on my PLL rant.(I want it to do well, but i want it done right.) The in game interviews have got to go. its bush league. Paul Rabil arguing with refs, What the heck. But overall the play was good. For me its hard to see the soccer kits. What does everyone else think?
DQKing

Re: I hate the PLL jerseys

Post by DQKing »

Agreed about the jerseys: If I wanted to watch soccer I would watch soccer. My only surprise is that I'm not seeing Yokohama and Etihad advertised on them.

As far as the team names go I can't tell the difference between the PLL and WNBA.
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

Yea thats what your going to get from Adidas. I remember back when they first pushed their jerseys and UMass wore them. Man it was terrible. They dont fit over gear. Which may be another reason most the PLL guys arent wearing any. They would rather look cool.

Just another hiccup in the PLL. If we get a year 2 hopefully they correct some of these issues cause there is a ton of them.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

LaxManiax wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:04 am If we get a year 2
I may be wrong but "if" we get another year does appear to be the question at this point.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Have you heard something? I hope it stays around. I like having 2 leagues for the boys to play in. I would take the game back to lacrosse and less soccer but i want it to survive.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

hooligan88 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm Have you heard something? I hope it stays around. I like having 2 leagues for the boys to play in. I would take the game back to lacrosse and less soccer but i want it to survive.
No, just pure speculation on my end. They now are paying the players more along with health insurance. For most stops they are playing in gigantic stadiums that cost more. I don't think attendance is horrible but isn't great either. They do have some things going for them but at the end of the day investors are going to want to see a return on their investment. How long can they go with losing money or just breaking even? How is this any different than the LXM Pro Tour but with more expenses? How did that end up?

Two leagues is not the answer. The world isn't big enough for two pro leagues. One will ultimately fail unless they merge at some point. And, if both bury their heads in the sand and let the other side fail it will not be good for the sport. If the MLL fails it will show a pro league is unsustainable. If the PLL fails it will show that a pro league is not worth investing in.

All of this is simply my opinion though -- what do I know?

Maybe this should be started as a whole new thread?
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

You are making perfect sense. My disdain for most things the PLL does hampers me rooting for them but in the end i do not want them to fail. I like the MLL model. Pay is dependent on what they pull in.The players are of course going to follow the money. I do not blame them but lacrosse is a lot like women's soccer, even if your good understand what kind of money are you drawing.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

hooligan88 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:44 am You are making perfect sense. My disdain for most things the PLL does hampers me rooting for them but in the end i do not want them to fail. I like the MLL model. Pay is dependent on what they pull in.The players are of course going to follow the money. I do not blame them but lacrosse is a lot like women's soccer, even if your good understand what kind of money are you drawing.
Uppity and hooligan88, how old are you? Older or younger than 25? I am older.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

older
Typical Lax Dad

hooligan88 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:50 amolder
Thanks.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 am
hooligan88 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:44 am You are making perfect sense. My disdain for most things the PLL does hampers me rooting for them but in the end i do not want them to fail. I like the MLL model. Pay is dependent on what they pull in.The players are of course going to follow the money. I do not blame them but lacrosse is a lot like women's soccer, even if your good understand what kind of money are you drawing.
I don't mind answering but am curious what the relevance is first.
Typical Lax Dad

Uppity wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:19 pm
I am trying to see if the league resonates with an older or younger crowd. I like the games and I am older but most guys from my generation don't like a lot of the 'noise' around the league and young people seem to eat it up. I am not sure that the lacrosse purist is the intended audience? I don't think fans of the field game were initially into box. I also don't think fans of NBA basketball are necessarily fans of this 3 on 3 league that is popular? Just an unscientific study on my part.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Uppity wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:19 pm
I am trying to see if the league resonates with an older or younger crowd. I like the games and I am older but most guys from my generation don't like a lot of the 'noise' around the league and young people seem to eat it up. I am not sure that the lacrosse purist is the intended audience? I don't think fans of the field game were initially into box. I also don't think fans of NBA basketball are necessarily fans of this 3 on 3 league that is popular? Just an unscientific study on my part.
I assumed that was the motive but was just curious.
I am older as well but I disagree about the generalization on younger kids statement.
All my sons are under 25 and haven't shown any interest in the PLL.
I started another thread (PLL Catch All) as it seems we are getting beyond just the jersey theme here.
Typical Lax Dad

Thanks. I don’t like the jerseys on the field either. Soccer jerseys. Seems to be done for wearability off the field. I don’t like the jerseys or the team names. I was out wearing a hat a few times and young people recognized the LOGO.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

As you can see from the zero interest in this thread, nobody cares about the PLL or MLL unless your son or brother plays in it. The PLL actually hurt pro lacrosse by taking players from locally supported teams. Anybody really think jerseys make a difference ? Pro lacrosse as it is now benefits a very, very few and it might be less than that...
Typical Lax Dad

flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:06 pm As you can see from the zero interest in this thread, nobody cares about the PLL or MLL unless your son or brother plays in it. The PLL actually hurt pro lacrosse by taking players from locally supported teams. Anybody really think jerseys make a difference ? Pro lacrosse as it is now benefits a very, very few and it might be less than that...
Could you jump this to the other thread? I have a question about the Lizards and fan support.
Nereo12

Post by Nereo12 »

I don t think so

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”