Alex Trebek

General Chatter
cradleandshoot

Alex Trebek

Post by cradleandshoot »

One of my favorite people in the world of entertainment. I am heartbroken for his family but I am so impressed with his optimism. If anybody can beat this Alex you can do it. Classy people such as Mr Trebek are few and far between anymore. We still need him around. :(
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Re: Alex Trebek

Post by youthathletics »

Funny story. When I was younger and Jeopardy was in the first few years of tv, just at the onset of cable tv, Baltimore would air Jeopardy at 7pm, the local DC affiliate at 730pm. My parents loved the show, so I would watch the show in my room at 7 pm, then when it was over sit with my parents at 730 and answer all the questions during the 730 show.

It lasted a few weeks until I could no longer keep the laughing under control. They thought I was some type of prodigy :lol:

I still watch the show quite regularly.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:41 pm Funny story. When I was younger and Jeopardy was in the first few years of tv, just at the onset of cable tv, Baltimore would air Jeopardy at 7pm, the local DC affiliate at 730pm. My parents loved the show, so I would watch the show in my room at 7 pm, then when it was over sit with my parents at 730 and answer all the questions during the 730 show.

It lasted a few weeks until I could no longer keep the laughing under control. They thought I was some type of prodigy :lol:

Youth, that has to be the funniest thing I have heard in years! Hil-freaking-larious!!
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:41 pm Funny story. When I was younger and Jeopardy was in the first few years of tv, just at the onset of cable tv, Baltimore would air Jeopardy at 7pm, the local DC affiliate at 730pm. My parents loved the show, so I would watch the show in my room at 7 pm, then when it was over sit with my parents at 730 and answer all the questions during the 730 show.

same. it was on channel 55 (local, fuzzy reception) at 630 and then an hour later for real. as long as you could retain the info for an hour and a half, you were good.

but to really sell it- you had to get a few wrong here and there. :ugeek:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Always loved Jeopardy and still watch it semi regularly. Alex is about as pleasant as one can’t get as a host. Crushing to here the news. Interesting that his predecessor Art Fleming died of pancreatic cancer a few days before his 71st birthday.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”