OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

There are some genuinely humorous folks here at FanLax. Here's an oldie but goody:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:12 pm
hmmm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:50 pm Anyone else worried about ONW? He usually doesn't go 30 mins between posts and it's been 3 days.
Haha—very funny

Busy in other places though...

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=59

...plus I doubt you’d get many takers on “worried” 😉
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: More proof needed?

More proof that the outside world of women's lacrosse reads (and borrows from) FanLax.

The brief clip shown at the :08 mark of this Loyola video for Katie Detwiler is spliced from the YouTube video included in the post below.
https://twitter.com/LoyolaWLax/status/1 ... 8334042113

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=417425#p417425

I think it's cool that this website has a (I would say) prominent place in the women's lacrosse community. It's not the first time I've seen stuff from "in here" show up "out there".
Wheels,Wheels!

Re: Harvard's 2023 14 game schedule

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 am Image
Wow this line up is very weak OOC! 14 games is light at least one or two games. If you’re going to keep it local then you have to play UMASS and BC! This strength of schedule weakens all Ivy opponents. Devon feeling the heat to put up some wins?
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:34 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 am Image
Wow this line up is very weak OOC! 14 games is light at least one or two games. If you’re going to keep it local then you have to play UMASS and BC! This strength of schedule weakens all Ivy opponents. Devon feeling the heat to put up some wins?
Please enlighten me as to how it helps BC or UMASS to schedule Harvard? Would it help UMASS or BC's strength of schedule? Scheduling is a two way street
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:20 pm
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:34 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 am
Please enlighten me as to how it helps BC or UMASS to schedule Harvard? Would it help UMASS or BC's strength of schedule? Scheduling is a two way street
I thought 14 games was light, too.

Michigan and Georgetown aren't bad for OOC.

One of the possible reasons BC wasn't scheduled could be because the Eagles now have another mandatory opponent in Clemson so they dropped Hahvid to make room. It benefits BC to play Harvard because they could get on a school bus and drive there in about 20 minutes so that saves on travel expenses.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Joyful, joyful...

I kept coming back to this today. This winsome display of unrehearsed joy is so delightful to witness. It's obviously really fun to play this game. To play on a team and score a goal in a game that counts in the standings is a real blast. You see it over and over in every game. Whether playing for the Long Island University Sharks or the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers--this is a very enjoyable game to play. It only follows that the sport should be exploding across the country. And we, the fans, get to share in that joy. It really is a great game.

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Maddie Howe--All time favorite Fighting Irish

Rewatching the notable Notre Dame demolition job over bloated stats Duke in the '22 ACC tournament and I can't help but note how much I have appreciated watching Maddie Howe over the years. My kind of player--fiery and talented, with a (clearly heard) goosebump evoking war cry to boot.

OuttaNowhereWregget

2023 Xavier University Musketeers Women's Lacrosse Schedule

Always interested to see the inaugural teams first schedule. Tougher OOC than Clemson, though the Tigers have a much greater difficulty in conference, of course. Fancy shade of blue, there. I wish them well.

Feb 11 (Sat) 4 p.m. Away Oregon

Feb 19 (Sun) 2 p.m. Home Detroit Mercy

Feb 24 (Fri) 2 p.m. Away Radford

Feb 26 (Sun) 12 p.m. Away Longwood

Mar 4 (Sat) 12 p.m. Away Presbyterian

Mar 7 (Tue) 12 p.m. Away Wofford

Mar 12 (Sun) 2 p.m. Home Eastern Michigan

Mar 26 (Sun) 1 p.m. Away Michigan

Apr 1 (Sat) 1 p.m. Away Butler

Apr 5 (Wed) 12 p.m. Home Georgetown

Apr 8 (Sat) 3:30 p.m. Away Marquette

Apr 16 (Sun) 11 a.m. Home Denver

Apr 19 (Wed) 1 p.m. Home Villanova

Apr 29 (Sat) 12 p.m. Away Connecticut
OuttaNowhereWregget

Not a game for the faint of heart

Tomahawk chop to the biceps...Ouch...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Olivia Carner - All time favorite player from Duke University

Part Badass

Part Bashful

OuttaNowhereWregget

Alas! Northwestern

As I’m watching the beginning of the Northwestern/Carolina semifinal replay, I’m reminded of an old episode of the Honeymooners where Ralph comes home all excited because he scored two tickets to this great Broadway show for he and Alice to attend. The show has generated a lot of buzz most notably because it has a surprise ending that no one should divulge. She tells him she can’t go because her mother is coming over. Ralph of course resents it but he asks Norton to go instead. Alice’s mother does come over and blows the surprise ending. Ralph is ticked. Now he feels he can’t go to the show and blows the ending to Norton too. Norton is undaunted and still wants to go. Ralph, incredulous, asks him how he can possibly still want to go when he knows the ending. Ed explains that he’ll sit and watch the show till it’s almost over, and then simply get up and walk out.

That’s how I feel watching the replay of last seasons Northwestern/Carolina semifinal. I’ll re-watch it until halfway through the 4th quarter and then turn it off. It pains me too much to see them collapse after they played so well up to that point.

Alas! Northwestern. How close you were to an exultant victory. Instead you were crushed in humiliating defeat. Most assuredly your brave combatants will be haunted by your descent henceforth. Alas! Northwestern—a team near and dear to my heart. Were it not for beloved Boston College, you would hold the preeminent place. Mayhap I shall see you regain your ease on top of the lacrosse world yet again.

OuttaNowhereWregget

…wait for it…

OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget

The Wildcats will miss lightning quick Lauren Gilbert. She was a very special player.

OuttaNowhereWregget

There aren't a whole lot of times when I can wholeheartedly agree with a post from the Maryland women's lacrosse site but this is decidedly one of them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmEr5hNOI10 ... MyMTA2M2Y=
OuttaNowhereWregget

2023 USC Lacrosse Schedule

Feb 11 (Sat) 9:00 AM Away Boston College
Feb 19 (Sun) 1:00 PM Home Ohio State
Feb 24 (Fri) 3:00 PM Away San Diego State

Mar 3 (Fri) 3:00 PM Home High Point
Mar 5 (Sun) 1:00 PM Home Villanova
Mar 10 (Fri) 9:00 AM Away Princeton
Mar 12 (Sun) 9:00 AM Away Hofstra
Mar 17 (Fri) 3:00 PM Home Arizona State
Mar 24 (Fri) 3:00 PM Home Colorado
Mar 26 (Sun) 12:00 PM Home Oregon
Mar 31 (Fri) 5:00 PM Away California

Apr 2 (Sun) 1:00 PM Away Stanford
Apr 7 (Fri) 3:00 PM Home California
Apr 9 (Sun) 12:00 PM Home Stanford
Apr 14 (Fri) 3:00 PM Away Colorado
Apr 16 (Sun) 12:00 PM Away Oregon
Apr 28 (Fri) 2:00 PM Away Arizona State
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame - 2023 Schedule

Majority of cupcake OOC's in here that won't prove to be even close to a fight. SDSU; Central Michigan; Liberty; Brown; Butler; Robert Morris.

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Kleizaster's Favorite Team posts '23 schedule

Now THAT'S a tough OOC! Hey Duke! Hey Notre Dame! You watchin'??

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”