All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

SCLaxAttack

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Don't look now, Peter Brown, but sane decisions are migrating from Florida's east coast to its west - "Public beaches in Naples to close Sunday at 12:01 a.m., crowded conditions cited"

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/c ... 104366001/

Some people just can't have nice things.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:44 pm Don't look now, Peter Brown, but sane decisions are migrating from Florida's east coast to its west - "Public beaches in Naples to close Sunday at 12:01 a.m., crowded conditions cited"

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/c ... 104366001/

Some people just can't have nice things.

Oh I know this weekend's 'Naples beach situation' well...many of my buds live there and have been talking up this weekend's disaster.

Naples, for those who don't know, is about the best-kept semi-secret in America: great restaurants, great beaches, great neighborhoods, and most poignantly, very conservative people! The most patriotic 4th of July parade in the US. In fact about the most Republican big town! Dems would not like it, except for the fact Naples has practically no real crime, the streets are clean and lively, and the people are physically attractive, the arts scene is second to none, the town is all walkable, I mean, it really is a great place; Dems arrive in Naples moaning how many Republicans live there (which is what makes it good in the first place), then they would start voting Republican within a year once the realize that being Republican/conservative is what makes Naples so sweet.

Anyhoo, the yahoos of Miami-Dade and Broward (the only two FL counties which are Democratic) all came over Alligator Alley this weekend to pitch their boom boxes and Ed Hardy t-shirts, in essence invading a tiny slice of paradise; the houses along the beach in Naples are worth on average $50,000,000 (no exaggeration); you had these Miami-Dade/Broward wackos parking their fake Hummers on the grass of these estates.

Again, the people in Naples are really conservative. The crowd that arrived this weekend was wife-beater central casting. They basically invaded the public beaches which are normally utilized by very few but also rather pleasant human beings.

The Mayor, to her credit, issued a close order because there's no legal way to prevent the Miami-Dade and Broward moe-rons from coming over when their beaches are closed.

She'll re-open when the city council can figure out how only Naples residents can use those beaches again.

Democrats truly ruin everything.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PB, those wife-beater yahoos sure sound a lot like the "Red Neck" pals of yours.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:00 pm PB, those wife-beater yahoos sure sound a lot like the "Red Neck" pals of yours.

Nahhh, not southerners and not rednecks.

More like these guys:

Miami.jpg
Miami.jpg (182.9 KiB) Viewed 995 times
CU88

Post by CU88 »

o d has access to tests. Why don't you?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:32 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 am mdlax, this would seem to be a strange hill to die on. cuomo and ny missed this one. hopefully can right the ship.
jersey, cali and ny in march were mandating this, jersey and cali reversed course and cuomo defended this and was adamant throughout april.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... s-n1191811
Thanks, that article certainly makes it clear that it's a heck of a lot more complicated than the blanket statement either with or against Cuomo's decisions.

As I said, (and agree with you strongly) mistakes have undoubtedly been made.
I don't call him King Andy for no reason. ;)
fair 'nuff.

What do you call the fellow in the White House?

I call him Der Leader.
I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred. I still find it unusual that way before Trump became POTUS, the NYS Democrats loved the guy and loved cashing all of his checks. :roll:
He is the head of the Republican Party and enjoys a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans. You may be thinking of another Trump.

# a false equivalency is a choice
To the Washington DC establishment Republicans Trump is a horses rear end. Those establishment Rs resent having an interloper such as Trump moving in on their territory. If anyone is going to screw up the country, that is their job, not Trumps. When speaking of middle America type Republicans, IMO they love Trump because Democrats despise him. That may be a simplistic explanation, but i believe it is true.
It is hard to change a belief with facts.
I believe that DC establishment Republicans despise Trump. Kindly enlighten me as to your facts that prove otherwise. If all you have are statistics, I probably thought you were a more enlightened individual. Please, please, please don't tell me you are just suffering from a TDS hangover. If that is the case, take 2 Bidens and post again in the morning. :roll:
So Trump is or isn’t a Republican? He has a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans and he is the head of the Republican Party.
Defining what a Republican is sure ain't in my wheelhouse. I am willing to guess since establishment Republicans hate him with much passion that Trump has to reside as a fringe option for some Republicans. If you are trying to convince me that 90% of all Republicans love him... well then you have not been reading MDs opinion of the guy. MD is a lifelong member of the Republican party. Are there more than 1 Republican parties? I'm getting confused here.
Your words:
“I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred.”

He is a Republican. He is he head of the Republican Party and he has a 90%+ approval rating. It should not be difficult to understand for most people.
MD is a lifelong Republican and if I remember correctly he is not a Trump supporter. I don't know where this 90% figure you keep touting even comes from. If you want to tell me that the ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS consider him the leader of the party I would politely tell you your crazy. I don't know how Trump could be considered the leader of anything politically. If you are convinced that Trump is the actual leader of the Republican party i would suggest to you the fact Trump could not get any legislation passed when his party controlled both houses tells me his fellow Republicans were sending him a message. IMO that message was he was not running anything in the Republican party except for his mouth.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:01 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 am mdlax, this would seem to be a strange hill to die on. cuomo and ny missed this one. hopefully can right the ship.
jersey, cali and ny in march were mandating this, jersey and cali reversed course and cuomo defended this and was adamant throughout april.
Thanks, that article certainly makes it clear that it's a heck of a lot more complicated than the blanket statement either with or against Cuomo's decisions.

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.
I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred. I still find it unusual that way before Trump became POTUS, the NYS Democrats loved the guy and loved cashing all of his checks. :roll:
He is the head of the Republican Party and enjoys a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans. You may be thinking of another Trump.

To the Washington DC establishment Republicans Trump is a horses rear end. Those establishment Rs resent having an interloper such as Trump moving in on their territory. If anyone is going to screw up the country, that is their job, not Trumps. When speaking of middle America type Republicans, IMO they love Trump because Democrats despise him. That may be a simplistic explanation, but i believe it is true.
I believe that DC establishment Republicans despise Trump. Kindly enlighten me as to your facts that prove otherwise. If all you have are statistics, I probably thought you were a more enlightened individual. Please, please, please don't tell me you are just suffering from a TDS hangover. If that is the case, take 2 Bidens and post again in the morning. :roll:
So Trump is or isn’t a Republican? He has a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans and he is the head of the Republican Party.
Defining what a Republican is sure ain't in my wheelhouse. I am willing to guess since establishment Republicans hate him with much passion that Trump has to reside as a fringe option for some Republicans. If you are trying to convince me that 90% of all Republicans love him... well then you have not been reading MDs opinion of the guy. MD is a lifelong member of the Republican party. Are there more than 1 Republican parties? I'm getting confused here.
Your words:
“I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred.”

He is a Republican. He is he head of the Republican Party and he has a 90%+ approval rating. It should not be difficult to understand for most people.
MD is a lifelong Republican and if I remember correctly he is not a Trump supporter. I don't know where this 90% figure you keep touting even comes from. If you want to tell me that the ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS consider him the leader of the party I would politely tell you your crazy. I don't know how Trump could be considered the leader of anything politically. If you are convinced that Trump is the actual leader of the Republican party i would suggest to you the fact Trump could not get any legislation passed when his party controlled both houses tells me his fellow Republicans were sending him a message. IMO that message was he was not running anything in the Republican party except for his mouth.
You’re right on the poll numbers, cradle. Trump’s ratings with Rs are high, but not 95% high. TLD must have had a sudden lapse of judgement saying 95%. For a second he must have fell for something Trump said, aka, a lie. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -rankings/

Make no mistake though, the top of the R party is loaded with Trump sycophants. How else to explain how only one R senator was left off the president’s committee to reopen the economy. Mitt was a baaad boy, and needs to be punished.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

If IMPOTUS is making daily testing and contact tracing available or required for his own staff at the White House, why is he still refusing to do it for the country?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:01 pm

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

Your words:

You can believe what you want. He is the head of the Republican Party and enjoys a 90+% approval rating amongst Republicans. You can’t break it down however you see fit. I pointed out the facts, like you asked.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:00 pm PB, those wife-beater yahoos sure sound a lot like the "Red Neck" pals of yours.

More like these guys:

Miami.jpg
Couldn’t find a photo of people on the Naples beaches that would correlate to your story so you had to delve deep into google images for Jersey Shore visits Miami? Lol

Sort of like your unsubstantiated statements that west coast restaurants are crowded. I have friends in Venice, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, and Naples, and they tell me they’re not. Or that you and your friends have 21 BMIs. Are you 5’ 9”, 142 lbs or 6’, 155? Either way I want to see photos of that, too.

I’m not disputing that the conservative rich folk of Naples might be ticked that people outside of Naples aren’t going to those beaches. That would make total sense. They don’t want the riff raff that normally just serves them food, cleans their homes, staffs their doctors’ offices, or cares for their parents ruining the beaches.

I am disputing that the people who crowded the beach are of a particular political party, or that it was just those not living in the $50M “houses along the beach” who were the only people not social distancing. That’s how you roll. Everyone gets pigeonholed into R or D. Haves and have nots.

By the way, what are people who live at $50M gulf-front homes doing at the public beaches anyway? Don’t they take their beach chairs out the front door? :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:38 pm

More like these guys:

Miami.jpg
Couldn’t find a photo of people on the Naples beaches that would correlate to your story so you had to delve deep into google images for Jersey Shore visits Miami? Lol

Sort of like your unsubstantiated statements that west coast restaurants are crowded. I have friends in Venice, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, and Naples, and they tell me they’re not. Or that you and your friends have 21 BMIs. Are you 5’ 9”, 142 lbs or 6’, 155? Either way I want to see photos of that, too.

I’m not disputing that the conservative rich folk of Naples might be ticked that people outside of Naples aren’t going to those beaches. That would make total sense. They don’t want the riff raff that normally just serves them food, cleans their homes, staffs their doctors’ offices, or cares for their parents ruining the beaches.

I am disputing that the people who crowded the beach are of a particular political party, or that it was just those not living in the $50M “houses along the beach” were the only people not social distancing. That’s how you roll. Everyone gets pigeonholed into R or D. Haves and have nots.

By the way, what are people who live at $50M gulf-front homes doing at the public beaches anyway? :roll:

All beaches in Naples are public, even the ones in front of $50M oceanfront manses. And the restaurants there on Saturday were packed according to one friend I just got off the phone with ('packed' being a relative adjective; only 25% of indoor tables are allowed to be filled).

Naples is very Republican...you boys couldn't handle that kind of conservatism. 9400 Republicans to 2500 Dems. Only where i live is the split even more pronounced.

https://www.colliervotes.com/Portals/Co ... 170550-993

Naples is a great place to live precisely because of that political split. I visit there about twice a month. It feels free, feels like America, no crime, friendly people, very comfortable feeling, and no income tax. You just don't get that sort of vibe in any Democratic area.

And the people who came to the beaches this weekend were not Naples residents at all. The photo in this link does it some justice; on a normal May weekend day, you might have ten persons on a 50 yard spit of sand. Total east coast dummies. We will probably set up a roadblack to keep the Democratic riff-raff from Miami Dade and Broward from violating the good part of the state again. Dems ruin everything. :lol:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/10/naples-b ... istancing/
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Okay, let's have the WHO test us every day. I wonder which one of you is related to a goat and which is related to a jack fruit? As for me, I am related to motor oil.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... g-results/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

CU88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:34 pm If IMPOTUS is making daily testing and contact tracing available or required for his own staff at the White House, why is he still refusing to do it for the country?
White House directs staff to wear masks, but Trump will be exempt

He’s not wearing a mask because he dolls himself up with Bronx Colors, the make up formulated for women of color. Al Jolson would have approved.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Association of Treatment With Hydroxychloroquine or Azithromycin With In-Hospital Mortality in Patients With COVID-19 in New York State
Eli S. Rosenberg, PhD1; Elizabeth M. Dufort, MD2; Tomoko Udo, PhD1; et al
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2766117

Largest study to date on hydroxychloriquine/Axothromycin - almost 1500 patients. Basically results are that the hydro or the combo is worthless, and has serious heart side effects.

I hope Trump and/or Fox/OANN are not still pushing this one...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Association of Treatment With Hydroxychloroquine or Azithromycin With In-Hospital Mortality in Patients With COVID-19 in New York State

Largest study to date on hydroxychloriquine/Axothromycin - almost 1500 patients. Basically results are that the hydro or the combo is worthless, and has serious heart side effects.

You mean Trump wanting it to work wasn’t good enough? Science somehow exceeds just hoping it works?
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

14% of NYS is 65 and older compared to Florida at 20.5% and that doesn’t include some snowbirds and people that are lost. So if New York’s nursing homes and elderly were hit hard it would reasonable that Florida could have worse outcomes.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:14 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:24 pm Today's tweet of the day from actor, George Takei (Lt. Sulu from Starship Enterprise), American-born Japanese American citizen who makes an appropriate point on liberty and freedom having been interned in a camp during World War II

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
"I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco."

He has a point, don't ya think?
I wonder if George Takei understands that were it not for the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor he never would have been interred anywhere. I mean no disrespect to good ole George but outside of it being a good idea for all of us to wear masks, I could not care less about what George thinks about anything.
Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I think highly of FDR, but his decision to implement the internment of Japanese Americans was based solely on racism.

Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.

DocBarrister :roll:
Factually wrong, again, Doc. We did put Germans and Italians in camps. And Many others. And it was not at a limited number or based upon any one "reason" like racism. We also moved them further inland away from coasts.

Read Invisible Gulag.

https://www.si.edu/object/siris_sil_628575
The diverse makeup of Justice Department detainees classified by as "Germans" or "Italians" reveals that other factors trumped ethnicity, residency, and citizenship as grounds for internment. On the U.S. mainland, refugees and naturalized citizens from countries annexed or occupied by Nazi Germany also came under suspicion, resulting in the confinement of Austrians, Czechs, Hungarians, Romanians, and Bulgarians. [17] Those apprehended in the Territory of Hawai'i included a handful of Jewish refugees and people of Danish, Finnish, Irish, and Norwegian descent. Several of Hawai'i's Caucasian detainees had even served in the U.S. Armed Forces. [18] The scope of the American confinement program also extended overseas, with FBI agents compiling lists of allegedly dangerous individuals of German, Italian, and Japanese descent residing throughout Latin America. Pressure from the U.S. State Department resulted in the apprehension and deportation of 4,058 ethnic Germans and 288 ethnic Italians (along with 2,264 people of Japanese ancestry) from nineteen different Latin American countries to the United States for the purposes of prisoner exchanges with Axis nations or continued confinement on the U.S. mainland. [19] The ranks of these detainees included large numbers of Jewish refugees from Nazi-controlled Europe, with 250 Jews detained in the U.S.-administered Panama Canal Zone alone. [20]

Federal authorities concentrated this eclectic and multinational mix of enemy aliens in at least twenty-one different Justice Department and Army camps far removed from coastal areas, typically in facilities that also held Japanese detainees. [21] Population totals were extremely fluid as prisoners were transferred between camps or repatriated to their native countries. The Justice Department's Crystal City site, which served as a family camp, reached a peak population of 3,374 prisoners, including 997 ethnic Germans and six ethnic Italians–many coming from Latin America. [22] 2,150 ethnic Germans—both civilian residents and merchant seamen—passed through the Justice Department camp at Fort Lincoln, making this Bismarck, North Dakota, facility one of the chief confinement sites for German detainees. [23] Other camps featuring significant ethnic German or Italian populations included the aforementioned Ft. Stanton and Ft. Missoula sites, as well as Camp Kenedy , Texas, and Camp Forrest , Tennessee.
Just stop with the nonsense. You’re not actually comparing that to the racist mass internment of Japanese Americans, are you?

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:56 pm

yeah, that's not what that study says at all. you don't need to throw in the political angle at the end, we get why you're posting it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“Main Outcomes and Measures Primary outcome was in-hospital mortality. Secondary outcomes were cardiac arrest and abnormal electrocardiogram findings (arrhythmia or QT prolongation).”

??? What am I missing?

Return to “POLITICS”