All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Brooklyn

Re: Donald Trump’s Negligent Homicide Count = 37,611

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:03 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:56 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/opin ... Position=2

DocBarrister
The opening sentence—after referring to the insidious presidency

The politicization of everything corrodes social and constitutional life.

Then why are they the leading purveyors of the politicization of EVERYTHING.

No institution does that more than Fo卐.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

here's a way to stay home & stay safe:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:39 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:50 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:10 am When you ramp up death numbers by 3700 in one day with no data to back it up, like NY State did last week with “assumed deaths” you get those massive numbers.

Science is actually showing its much less deadly than we originally thought:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-data-s ... McOoBAI9Hj
Even those new numbers make the mortality rate ten to thirty times that of “ordinary flu.” That doesn’t even include the far greater transmissibility.

DocBarrister
We don’t know about the exact mortality rate yet. Impossible to know. We won’t know accurately for years.

The reckless incompetence of the leadership of the great state of California allowed the virus to arrive unknown and unchecked from China many months ago.

And it swept through... undetected... until now:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true
That’s right, February ... just when Trump should have been ramping up coronavirus testing, just like the South Koreans. Instead, Trump would stay in denial for nearly two months.

It was Gov. Newsom, and the Mayor of San Francisco, not Trump, who led the way with social distancing mandates.

Trump has blood on his hands.

DocBarrister
No. If you read the article, Doctors are saying it was here in December, and overlooked due to the bad flu season:
But Smith on Friday said data collected by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local health departments and others suggest it was “a lot longer than we first believed” — most likely since “back in December.”
6ftstick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

Again, when are you going to change the racist and xenophobic title of this thread?

DocBarrister
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... times.html

And from a liberal progressive icon

"Sorry, Americans. We're going to have to ask you to keep two ideas in your head at the same time: This has nothing to do with Asian Americans, and it has everything to do with China," Bill Maher concluded. "We can't afford the luxury anymore of nonjudginess towards a country with habits that kill millions of people everywhere because this isn't the first time. SARS came from China and the bird flu and the Hong Kong flu, the Asian flu. Viruses come from China just like shortstops come from the Dominican Republic. If they were selling nuclear suitcases at these wet markets, would we be so nonjudgmental?"
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:29 am
6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:03 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:56 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/opin ... Position=2

DocBarrister
The opening sentence—after referring to the insidious presidency

The politicization of everything corrodes social and constitutional life.

Then why are they the leading purveyors of the politicization of EVERYTHING.

No institution does that more than Fo卐.
What are you doing with your little Emoji there?

politicize[ puh-lit-uh-sahyz ]SHOW IPA
verb (used with object), po·lit·i·cized, po·lit·i·ciz·ing.
to bring a political character or flavor to; make political:
to politicize a private dispute.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:37 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:32 am As we all know, South Korea and the United States had their first confirmed coronavirus case on virtually the same day. South Korea actually had the larger hot spot initially, but then acted quickly and decisively to contain the pandemic. In contrast, Donald Trump willfully lied to the American people and downplayed the threat for nearly two months, and continues to downplay the pandemic and act indecisively ... costing tens of thousands of American lives.

For various reasons, Donald Trump probably cannot be held legally culpable for negligent homicide, but he can certainly be held morally culpable. Anyone who continues to support Trump shares in the moral culpability for all the excess deaths caused by his willful disregard of the safety and lives of Americans. Trump prioritized his own political career over the health of the American people.

The excess number of deaths can be estimated by multiplying the South Korean death total by six (to account for population) and subtracting that number from the American death total.

Donald Trump’s Negligent Homicide Count:

39,015 - (234x6) = 37,611

If it were not for Trump’s malignant narcissism and reckless incompetence, the United States could have been South Korea. Instead, we are well on our way to becoming the tragic exemplar of incompetence in this pandemic.

DocBarrister :|
Combined population=320 Million
Italy
Spain
France
Unted Kingdom
Germany

Covid deaths-83191
-----------------------------------------------
United States population=330 Million

Covid deaths=39,090

Take out NY and New Jersey we have fewer dead than Obama's FLU death total.

So you might want to take your own advice and STFU about criminally negligent homicide and moral culpability.

If it were not for The Chinese Communists and the WHO malignant narcissism and reckless incompetence tens of thousands of global citizens would still be alive.
ok, I'll play.
But only because you undercut your and Kram's argument 6ft.

Instead of "taking out" the NY and NJ hotspot, simply calculate the death count as a % of those two states' population. Then compare that death rate with the death rate of the seasonal flu.

Then try that with the daily death rate of COVID-19 and the flu in those two states. Crushing health workers.

This is 1-2 orders of magnitude higher death rate than the seasonal flu. Period, no debate by any of the scientists. So, please stop suggesting otherwise. You're wrong.

Let's hope that the distancing sacrifices made all over the country, immense sacrifices, squelches this pandemic's impact, and for long enough that we can get in place the measures necessary to keep it checked and ultimately to resolve it altogether.
Brooklyn

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:58 am
Again, when are you going to change the racist and xenophobic title of this thread?

DocBarrister
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... times.html

A̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶

"Sorry, Americans. We're going to have to ask you to keep two ideas in your head at the same time: This has nothing to do with Asian Americans, and it has everything to do with China," Bill Maher concluded. "We can't afford the luxury anymore of nonjudginess towards a country with habits that kill millions of people everywhere because this isn't the first time. SARS came from China and the bird flu and the Hong Kong flu, the Asian flu. Viruses come from China just like shortstops come from the Dominican Republic. If they were selling nuclear suitcases at these wet markets, would we be so nonjudgmental?"

From an avowed libertarian.

corrected for you

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:02 am
What are you doing with your little Emoji there?

Posting the truth that so many hallucinating righties refuse to see.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone care to retract blaming Trump on the Test kit delay...and guess what it's not a fox news link, going to have to go to plan b or c this time?

Contamination at CDC lab delayed rollout of coronavirus tests
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/conta ... r-BB12Q90W

#OrangeManNotBad
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:45 am
Cooter wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:12 am I'm not. I need the other two things, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to value life.

A man thrown in prison has life, but lacks the other things - it is considered a punishment in this country.
We ALL need the other two things. There isn't a single person happy about losing their freedoms, not even Jeff Bezos.

You are temporarily sacrificing your hard earned freedoms and pursuit of happiness to save the lives of your fellow Americans.
- people are dying as it is. It is hard to know for sure whether we are really saving any lives.It might well be that the choice saves some lives, while others will die from it.
In particular, you're reducing the odds that our 1st responders and health care workers....cops, nurses, doctors, et. al......from being overwhelmed, and succumbing to this *hitty virus. Thats a noble thing. Take pride that our nation thinks that much of these selfless people for a change.
- First responders are mostly young and in good health and unlikely to succumb from the disease. I believe that most of us will end up having to deal with coronavirus

We're almost there. Yep, it sucks. Yep, I hate it too. But I'm willing to do this for the sake of those people.
Are we? A lot of people are saying it will be a lot longer.

And as I said before, even after the .gov says you're free to go...you're going to find out that the free market is going to limit you from your previous free movement more than the government will.

So even though the .gov says you can visit a elderly care home.....it's not unlikely that they'll still have their own lockdown procedures. Or, as I tried to wager with Pete Brown....that the NBA players and/or owners may be unwilling to play even though the .gov says they can play.

Just sayin'. Don't be surprised.
A sermon from the guy who works in a distillery. I had a cousin who died from alcoholism, and then there are all those who end up dead on the roadways from drunk drivers.
Live Free or Die!
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc wrote
No. If you read the article, Doctors are saying it was here in December, and overlooked due to the bad flu season:
But Smith on Friday said data collected by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local health departments and others suggest it was “a lot longer than we first believed” — most likely since “back in December.”
What do you figure the odds are that they're way off with December? I'm bettin' it was a whole lot earlier than that, and after all is said and done we'll find we were way off with our numbers. No way this first popped up when someone said, hey, we've got a problem with this carona virus. With the amount of world travel that goes on (thousands back and forth regularly from China in just SU students right here) our current situation has been brewing for a long time, IMO.
Am, and have been from the beginning of the shutting down, really concerned about what this is doing to the psyche of people. It's incredibly heavy and depressing when you go out and about, then you can get back in the house where you're unable to escape the constant doom and gloom pretty much regardless of what channel you put on. Of course you can always go to social media and argue with every aszhole in that cesspool as to what we should and shouldn't be doing and who is to blame for the whole ordeal. My buddy had been doing that for quite some time and finally had a little melt down the other day, including a little crying. Been telling him to shut the news off and get the phukk off social media....aint nobody cares what you think and I sure as hell don't give a phukk what Tommy Touchhole in Tulsa thinks or what Franny Phatasz in Freemont thinks. Just aint good for you to wallow in that cesspool, not good for the head. Doesn't help that we haven't been able to get out and toss the ball around (really is the Medicine Game, folks) because of the PHUKKIN SNOW in April the past few days but that's breaking so I'll get him back out there with the sticks....maybe a couple of beers at the picnic table too (might be able to scrounge up a joint or two too). Take care of your heads folks, that's equally important as the physical threat we're fighting. I don't watch the news (or much TV at all for that matter...YouTube is your friend), haven't for quite some time. Not burying my head in the sand, know as much as I need to but this schidt aint gonna drag me down like it is way too many people. Can always find a way to entertain yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3y8nAek3QI
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 am Anyone care to retract blaming Trump on the Test kit delay?

on that delay, sure, mistakes made at CDC. Not a surprise, we've known this, good for this to be finally admitted. They're still not admitting the tragic error of not embracing the German test endorsed by WHO that others used so effectively, so fast, SK, Singapore, HK.

I don't think, however, that's the chief critique of Trump, that CDC flubbed it at the very beginning.
It's the not focusing attention and resources in February and March anywhere near strongly enough to have remotely the testing throughput necessary, then or now. It was not prioritized. It's the using the bully pulpit to send the message for 6 weeks that we didn't have a serious problem at all. That message went throughout the country. So, no emergency action necessary. Further, he blatantly lied (March 6) about 'anyone who wants a test can get a test'...ridiculously untrue. And he's continuing this lie.

But, yeah, even with the CDC issue, check the #'s of scientists at CDC pre and post Trump admin. Also who is running the org versus who was running it before.

But back to 'blaming Trump' right now for his actions right now...there's messaging coming out that there's adequate capacity to open the country...not remotely true in terms of throughput even for all those who present symptoms. Much less contact tracing.

And taking no responsibility.

This is why we have a federal government. To take on the national and international challenges as one nation.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I can picture this guy as a combination of afan and 6' rolled into one. Frankly, wouldn't be surprised if he posts in here somewhere. Passion, common sense, and logic. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/dwayne.miller. ... 963373027/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 am
I can picture this guy as a combination of afan and 6' rolled into one. Frankly, wouldn't be surprised if he posts in here somewhere. Passion, common sense, and logic. :lol:

I love this guy.

And he has to go outside when he "smokes"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

He's correct that the $ are not remotely enough for most families given their fixed costs.

The mortgage and other debt roll forward makes a ton of sense.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:30 am He's correct that the $ are not remotely enough for most families given their fixed costs.

The mortgage and other debt roll forward makes a ton of sense.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ho ... r-BB12uoKS

Over the past 40 years, we have rolled back the power of labor. Collective bargaining works. Just ask all those rich MLB, NFL, NBA and actors and actresses..... relying on ownership to be benevolent doesn’t work (in most cases).
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 am Anyone care to retract blaming Trump on the Test kit delay?

But back to 'blaming Trump' right now for his actions right now...there's messaging coming out that there's adequate capacity to open the country...not remotely true in terms of throughput even for all those who present symptoms. Much less contact tracing.

This is why we have a federal government. To take on the national and international challenges as one nation.
Easy for you to say...I'm certain with all of the people now out of work and scared sh*tless, you are well in the minority with your opinion.

"To take on the national and international challenges as one nation."

Unfortunately, this is a pipe dream. We're a very divided nation. Trump and his peops can't win for losing as usual. If he leaves the decisions to the state govs, he's "taking no responsibility." If he states it's his decision to make, he's being unconstitutional, and the authoritative strongman.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:42 am

Easy for you to say...I'm certain with all of the people now out of work and scared sh*tless, you are well in the minority with your opinion.

Unfortunately, this is a pipe dream. We're a very divided nation. Trump and his peops can't win for losing as usual. If he leaves the decisions to the state govs, he's "taking no responsibility." If he states it's his decision to make, he's being unconstitutional, and the authoritative strongman.
Just do his job.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 am

:D Excellent youth...thanks for posting
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:45 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:42 am

Just do his job.
Bill Bellicheat yells that, all the time.

Only difference is, he's yelling it, knowing FULL well, that they know what that job is ?

decades, and billions of dollars later, we are supposed to have a game plan in action. Grant after useless grant. Report, after useless report.

YOu think Bill Bellicheat is handing his new quarterback a "playbook", like the recommendations from Event 201, organized by Hopkins ? or, that pathetic 69 page junk, garbage report from the "fired" (LIE ) pandemic committee. Read them.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org ... tions.html

Just do his job?

I agree. Would it help, to have a job "description"? With, possibly, step by step, procedures.

Be specific. Any fool can yell, "do your job".

What should tRump, or ANY POTUSA, be doing right now?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”