Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:45 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:32 am GOP been trying to give Ukraine to Putin for years

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/56831079 ... ne-support
by "softer" does the author mean "less arms" will be sold to Ukraine?

So, your hero,trump, wanted LESS guns out on the street.........and you thinks less guns in the world is a bad thing?

what gives? are you ok? thought your types hated killing machines....or is that only for US citizens to own...unless guarding your pals with former Navy seals, heavily armed, whlle trasping up and into the private jet.

hypocrites. guns are bad, yes ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Ever heard of game theory? Unfortunately it exists as a necessary evil and doesn’t always lead to the butter battle book
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Hadn't seen much discussion about this. Media brainwashing is scary to see unfold these past few decades, and is only accelerating...

Man shoots five people, killing one as they were setting up a marching route for a protest. Luckily a good guy with a gun was there and shot him in the hip.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/22/us/b ... oting.html.

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/02/21/ ... min-smith/

Mr. Smith, a machinist, had become more and more radicalized in recent years, Ms. Christenson said.
“He talked about wanting to shoot people all the time, how much he hated Antifa and Black Lives Matter and ‘those damn commies,’” she said.
“He was just a sad angry dude. … He talked about wanting to do this for a while. He was angry at the mask mandates, he was angry at the ‘damned liberals.’”
Ms. Christenson said that Mr. Smith wore a shirt that said “Kyle Rittenhouse true patriot,”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Take a minute or two to listen to this from the "America First Political Action Conference," yesterday:

https://twitter.com/BenLorber8/status/1 ... 9587206144

This is today's GOP, you know, the folks calling Biden and Trudeau "fascists." Gosar, MTG and an Arizona State Senator appeared and gave full throated support for a White Nationalist movement.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:43 am Take a minute or two to listen to this from the "America First Political Action Conference," yesterday:

This is today's GOP, you know, the folks calling Biden and Trudeau "fascists." Gosar, MTG and an Arizona State Senator appeared and gave full throated support for a White Nationalist movement.
So you dig what Trudeau is doing with the WE charity scandal ? Or the missing billions of Trudea's white collar welfare giveaway ? Pretty sure you and yours never called the essential workers "hero's".........

Our government changed the definition of what a "vaccine" IS, in the fall of 2021...just months ago. Words mean nothing, apprently. Including the term "facist".

geez.......everyone can have pride, just not whites? Black student union is cool, but white student union is what? exactly

stay principled.......
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:43 am Take a minute or two to listen to this from the "America First Political Action Conference," yesterday:

‘This is today’s GOP’ :lol:

Tell me you don’t know today’s GOP in 4 words or less. :lol: :lol:

Today’s GOP is a guy called Ron Desantis. It’s not even Trump. It definitely isn’t a small fringe conference organized to grab easy money by being the remora to CPAC’s great white. AFPAC is as central to the Republican Party as a pro-small business group is to the DNC. :lol: :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Jackhole former cop abetted by synchophantic young fascist.

In closing arguments, defense attorney Richard Escobar said Oulson, 43, made Reeves, then 71, reasonably believe his life was in danger by turning, yelling and reaching toward him. He said Reeves made the decision to shoot based on nearly 30 years in law enforcement and hours of training on the justifiable use of deadly force.

Reeves didn’t have to wait until he was hit before defending himself, Escobar said.

Reeves “had more knowledge, more experience, more study in that area than anyone in this courtroom”, Escobar said. “It’s a dangerous world.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... orn-murder

Comply? What an a$$hat!

“ Reeves leaned over and told him to stop. Reeves says he spoke politely, Oulson’s widow and others say it sounded like an order. After Oulson bluntly refused, perhaps with profanity, Reeves went to complain to the manager. When Reeves returned, seeing Oulson had put his phone away, he told Oulson he wouldn’t have told the manager if he known he would comply.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:04 am

Today’s GOP is a guy called Ron Desantis. It’s not even Trump. It definitely isn’t a small fringe conference organized to grab easy money by being the remora to CPAC’s great white. AFPAC is as central to the Republican Party as a pro-small business group is to the DNC. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Today's GOP is named Tucker Carlson. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:00 pm

I thought today's GOP was being molded in the MD laxfan vision. They won't win many elections but they have awesome concession speeches... Like underdog.. humble and loveable.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=un ... ORM=VRDGAR
This clip includes a cameo appearance from Doc 72 as Sweet Polly Purebred...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradle, we've been through this dozens of times...the GOP has won the strong majority of presidential elections for 50 years. It's ok to lose sometimes and be gracious in the process.

It's not ok to try to win at any cost and/or to refuse to concede when beaten and whine and lie about it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:00 pm

I’ll take that. He’s a great dude with his head squarely on his shoulders. No preferred pronouns, no social justice lunacy. Solid American.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is Criticized by Some Republicans For Appearing at Far-Right Activist’s Conference

Georgia Republican defends speech, says she doesn’t support white nationalism

Alexa CorseFeb. 27, 2022 5:59 pm ET

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) also attended the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Fla., over the weekend.
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R., Ga.) is being criticized by some Republicans and other GOP officials for speaking at an event hosted by a far-right activist, but Mrs. Greene defended her appearance and said she doesn’t support white nationalism.

The controversy is the latest sign of divisions within the Republican Party. The party’s internal tensions are playing out ahead of midterm elections, where the party is hoping to gain control of one or both chambers of Congress.

Mrs. Greene spoke Friday at the America First Political Action Conference. The conference was hosted by a group founded by Nick Fuentes, a far-right personality who the FBI has called a white supremacist in a court document. The event was planned as an alternative to the Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual gathering of conservatives that separately took place in the same city, Orlando, Fla., over recent days. Mrs. Greene also participated in CPAC over the weekend.

Mr. Fuentes defended his group and said the event had been a success, according to posts on the messaging app Telegram. He couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

In her remarks at the event, Mrs. Greene said she doesn’t believe in canceling people based on their beliefs or identity, and she assailed the Democratic Party, according to videos posted online of the event.

“I reject identity politics because there’s one thing I know: It doesn’t matter what your skin color is or any of these choices and all of these things that are said. It matters who you are as a person,” Mrs. Greene said at the event, according to a video posted on her verified Twitter account.

Mrs. Greene in a statement Sunday defended her appearance at the event. “I won’t cancel others in the conservative movement, even if I find some of their statements tasteless, misguided or even repulsive at times,” she said. “I encourage them to seek wisdom, and apologize to those who have been hurt by their words, as I’ve had to do. Our faith calls for charity and forgiveness.”

She told CBS News that she didn’t know Mr. Fuentes and that she doesn’t endorse white nationalist views. “It was to talk about getting everyone together to save our country,” she said about why she went to the event. She also tweeted, “I am not going to play the guilt by association game in which you demand every conservative should justify anything ever said by anyone they’ve ever shared a room with.”

Over the weekend, some Republicans continued to criticize the gathering. Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said Sunday on CNN, “Anybody that would sit down with white nationalists and speak at their conference was certainly missing a few IQ points.”

Three other Republican elected officials participated virtually in the far-right conference by submitting taped remarks, according to the Anti-Defamation League. They were Arizona U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar, Janice McGeachin, the lieutenant governor of Idaho, and Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers.

Ms. McGeachin couldn’t be reached for comment. She said in a statement Saturday, “The media wants us to play a guilt-by-association game where conservatives (and only conservatives) are accused of believing everything ever said by anyone with whom they share a stage. Don’t tell me what I believe. Listen to my words.” She also said she doesn’t support discriminatory views.

Asked why she participated in the conference, Ms. Rogers told The Wall Street Journal: “Because the #FakeNews doesn’t want me to. It is like saying ‘Don’t park on the grass.’”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Gosar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement, “White supremacy, neo-Nazism, hate speech and bigotry are disgusting and do not have a home in the Republican Party.”

The Republican Jewish Coalition, a Washington, D.C.-based group, condemned lawmakers who participated in the event. “This has absolutely no place in the Republican Party,” the group said in a statement.

In Georgia, Floyd County Republican Party Chairman Jamieson Palmer said in a statement that the group was aware of Mrs. Greene’s attendance at AFPAC and that it “denounces ALL radical and racist speech.” He said that its values are “those of inclusion of all like minded individuals regardless of race or religion” and that it stands with Ukraine against Russian aggression.

Mrs. Greene has repeatedly clashed with other members of Congress, including from her own party. Democrats and some Republicans voted to remove Mrs. Greene from her committee assignments last year over her past remarks embracing conspiracy theories. She said last year that she regretted those statements and that she had been receiving misinformation.

—Siobhan Hughes contributed to this article.

Write to Alexa Corse at [email protected]
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:29 pm Marjorie Taylor Greene Is Criticized by Some Republicans For Appearing at Far-Right Activist’s Conference

Georgia Republican defends speech, says she doesn’t support white nationalism

Alexa CorseFeb. 27, 2022 5:59 pm ET

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) also attended the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Fla., over the weekend.
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R., Ga.) is being criticized by some Republicans and other GOP officials for speaking at an event hosted by a far-right activist, but Mrs. Greene defended her appearance and said she doesn’t support white nationalism.

The controversy is the latest sign of divisions within the Republican Party. The party’s internal tensions are playing out ahead of midterm elections, where the party is hoping to gain control of one or both chambers of Congress.

Mrs. Greene spoke Friday at the America First Political Action Conference. The conference was hosted by a group founded by Nick Fuentes, a far-right personality who the FBI has called a white supremacist in a court document. The event was planned as an alternative to the Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual gathering of conservatives that separately took place in the same city, Orlando, Fla., over recent days. Mrs. Greene also participated in CPAC over the weekend.

Mr. Fuentes defended his group and said the event had been a success, according to posts on the messaging app Telegram. He couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

In her remarks at the event, Mrs. Greene said she doesn’t believe in canceling people based on their beliefs or identity, and she assailed the Democratic Party, according to videos posted online of the event.

“I reject identity politics because there’s one thing I know: It doesn’t matter what your skin color is or any of these choices and all of these things that are said. It matters who you are as a person,” Mrs. Greene said at the event, according to a video posted on her verified Twitter account.

Mrs. Greene in a statement Sunday defended her appearance at the event. “I won’t cancel others in the conservative movement, even if I find some of their statements tasteless, misguided or even repulsive at times,” she said. “I encourage them to seek wisdom, and apologize to those who have been hurt by their words, as I’ve had to do. Our faith calls for charity and forgiveness.”

She told CBS News that she didn’t know Mr. Fuentes and that she doesn’t endorse white nationalist views. “It was to talk about getting everyone together to save our country,” she said about why she went to the event. She also tweeted, “I am not going to play the guilt by association game in which you demand every conservative should justify anything ever said by anyone they’ve ever shared a room with.”

Over the weekend, some Republicans continued to criticize the gathering. Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said Sunday on CNN, “Anybody that would sit down with white nationalists and speak at their conference was certainly missing a few IQ points.”

Three other Republican elected officials participated virtually in the far-right conference by submitting taped remarks, according to the Anti-Defamation League. They were Arizona U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar, Janice McGeachin, the lieutenant governor of Idaho, and Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers.

Ms. McGeachin couldn’t be reached for comment. She said in a statement Saturday, “The media wants us to play a guilt-by-association game where conservatives (and only conservatives) are accused of believing everything ever said by anyone with whom they share a stage. Don’t tell me what I believe. Listen to my words.” She also said she doesn’t support discriminatory views.

Asked why she participated in the conference, Ms. Rogers told The Wall Street Journal: “Because the #FakeNews doesn’t want me to. It is like saying ‘Don’t park on the grass.’”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Gosar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement, “White supremacy, neo-Nazism, hate speech and bigotry are disgusting and do not have a home in the Republican Party.”

The Republican Jewish Coalition, a Washington, D.C.-based group, condemned lawmakers who participated in the event. “This has absolutely no place in the Republican Party,” the group said in a statement.

In Georgia, Floyd County Republican Party Chairman Jamieson Palmer said in a statement that the group was aware of Mrs. Greene’s attendance at AFPAC and that it “denounces ALL radical and racist speech.” He said that its values are “those of inclusion of all like minded individuals regardless of race or religion” and that it stands with Ukraine against Russian aggression.

Mrs. Greene has repeatedly clashed with other members of Congress, including from her own party. Democrats and some Republicans voted to remove Mrs. Greene from her committee assignments last year over her past remarks embracing conspiracy theories. She said last year that she regretted those statements and that she had been receiving misinformation.

—Siobhan Hughes contributed to this article.

Write to Alexa Corse at [email protected]

Please join us in donating to her Republican primary opponent, Jennifer Strahan. She’s awesome! And a Republican will win this district no problem.

https://strahanforcongress.com/

And here is Jennifer’s statement on MTG appearing at Fuentes’ carnival.

https://twitter.com/strahanjennifer/sta ... 94022?s=21
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Rome GA won’t be Dem for a long time. MTG was laughed out of her former district and moved there specifically because she couldn’t compete anywhere near a city with people in it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:59 pm Rome GA won’t be Dem for a long time. MTG was laughed out of her former district and moved there specifically because she couldn’t compete anywhere near a city with people in it.

I know you’ll disagree but here’s my take: MTG isn’t smart enough to realize two things: who Nick Fuentes is or what white nationalism is. I tend to give her a pass on so much because honestly, I just don’t think she’s all that bright. Democrats think MTG is some sort of evil woman who’s down with whatever the evil cause of the moment is, but bluntly speaking, she’s not really bright enough to have thoughts beyond her immediate present moment. She just isn’t; I doubt she had ever heard of Nick Fuentes.

That all said, I like a Jennifer a tremendous amount and hope she’s the Republican nominee. Check out her website and Twitter feed. Jennifer Strahan.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Couple of impeachments, and responsibility for a war?

https://twitter.com/madrid_mike/status/ ... 96/photo/1
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:59 pm Rome GA won’t be Dem for a long time. MTG was laughed out of her former district and moved there specifically because she couldn’t compete anywhere near a city with people in it.

I know you’ll disagree but here’s my take: MTG isn’t smart enough to realize two things: who Nick Fuentes is or what white nationalism is. I tend to give her a pass on so much because honestly, I just don’t think she’s all that bright. Democrats think MTG is some sort of evil woman who’s down with whatever the evil cause of the moment is, but bluntly speaking, she’s not really bright enough to have thoughts beyond her immediate present moment. She just isn’t; I doubt she had ever heard of Nick Fuentes.

That all said, I like a Jennifer a tremendous amount and hope she’s the Republican nominee. Check out her website and Twitter feed. Jennifer Strahan.
Nope I agree MTG is a moron. But her support for horrible people and horrible behavior should not get a pass. She holds a seat in Congress-absolute accountability. Same with Tuberville who’s equally mentally deficient. In general guilt by association is unfair. In circumstances like this it makes you a bad person even if it’s because she was born to be cannon fodder.

I don’t really care about Rome. It’s smaller than Binghamton, inconsequential and can’t be bigger than the 10-12th largest city in the state. It’s close to an overnight camp we started our kids at last summer on Lake Lanier but not even that close. More ideologically aligned with Centre AL than Atlanta/Savannah/Macon. Population is dying off, the closest industry is Dalton and carpet companies but that, like the furniture industry in Hickory-Lenoir/Triad part of NC or steel in SE Alabama is just about gone and there’s nothing to backfill it so it’s just land for Ted Turner or timber funds to buy at some point.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:11 am Couple of impeachments, and responsibility for a war?

That’s an actual paper over there? Nice. Shows they’re more intelligent than supporters of these guys on the page.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:32 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:11 am Couple of impeachments, and responsibility for a war?

That’s an actual paper over there? Nice. Shows they’re more intelligent than supporters of these guys on the page.
Another:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent?ref ... r%5Eauthor

Return to “POLITICS”