Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

Ah, so you're just starting to understand why Trump's willy-nilly, random approach to Chinese tariffs is stupid?

Levy across the board tariffs. Problem solved. Then you're not letting governments pick winners and losers. Something your party understood five minutes ago.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:15 pm 255,000 jobs in November, and all the networks are talking about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vojO4Hs_J/
Jim Cramer talking it up and negative nelly trying to bring it all down: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vmD9MHGCz/
Low paying jobs are better than no paying jobs.

Hope the kool aid takes good: https://www.epi.org/publication/labor-d ... ro-policy/
Because it has nothing to do with higher minimum wages in which cities again? and cutting full time employees hours and then hiring more part timers.....as fatty would say; zactley.

You asked for it, you got it.....Toyota.
We had a 1977 Corolla. Do you know how Toyota overtook GM / Ford? I do.
We had a new 1979 Datsun B-210 wagon. Rear wheel wells kept rusting out (design flaw, trapped water).
It was preceded by a used '74 Pinto wagon. Much better car, far better value.
My 8 Dodge Caravans (1997 - 2018) are/were far better value than their minivan competitors, foreign & domestic.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:06 pm Ah, so you're just starting to understand why Trump's willy-nilly, random approach to Chinese tariffs is stupid?

Levy across the board tariffs. Problem solved. Then you're not letting governments pick winners and losers. Something your party understood five minutes ago.
Nope, we can produce our own crap. Why bother with the chicom crap.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

So ban Chinese goods altogether?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:47 pm So ban Chinese goods altogether?
No need to ban. Just do what the EUroburgers do.
Use regs & tariffs to equalize the cost delta from slave wages & enviro scofflaw.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes. That's what I suggested----across the board tariffs. One set percentage.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Is Secretary Pompeo OK with Rudy's activities in Ukraine? Asking for a friend.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1202906889278889984
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

No greater ass-kisser in Washington. He won’t say boo here.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

David Frum in the Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ks/602965/

"The first House member to endorse Donald Trump, Chris Collins of New York, pleaded guilty to insider-trading charges on October 1, 2019.

The second House Trump endorser, Duncan Hunter of California, pleaded guilty to criminal misuse of campaign funds yesterday.

Is a pattern emerging? The third House member to endorse Donald Trump was Representative Tom Marino of Pennsylvania. Trump thanked Marino by nominating him in April 2017 to head the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Marino withdrew his name from consideration after four months of press reports like this one, from The Washington Post:

In April 2016, at the height of the deadliest drug epidemic in U.S. history, Congress effectively stripped the Drug Enforcement Administration of its most potent weapon against large drug companies suspected of spilling prescription narcotics onto the nation’s streets … The chief advocate of the law that hobbled the DEA was Rep. Tom Marino, a Pennsylvania Republican who is now President Trump’s nominee to become the nation’s next drug czar. Marino spent years trying to move the law through Congress … Political action committees representing the industry contributed at least $1.5 million to the 23 lawmakers who sponsored or co-sponsored four versions of the bill, including nearly $100,000 to Marino.

In January 2019, two weeks after being sworn in for a fifth term, Marino quit Congress for a job in the private sector.

So, um, who was the fourth House member to endorse Trump?

That would be Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee. Here’s how Politico reported the difficulties he faced as he sought reelection for a third term in 2014, in a story headlined, “The biggest hypocrite in Congress?”

Two abortions. Maybe three, if you count the one he pressured a girlfriend—who happened to be his patient—to get. Pulling out a gun during an argument with his first wife. Prescribing pills to another patient while they dated. Getting reprimanded by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners for dallying with patients, an ethics violation.

The fifth House member to endorse Trump, Tom Reed of New York, took more than two years to comply with House ethics rules and divest himself from the law firm that bore his name, a medical-debt-collection business, and commercial real-estate holdings after his election in 2010. Reed eventually sold the debt-collection business to one of his brothers. His attorney promised to release the correspondence with the Ethics Committee that he said would explain the delay, but when pressed by an opponent to follow through during the 2014 election, Reed demurred.

After the so-called Second Super Tuesday clutch of primaries on March 21, 2016, the movement of House members toward Trump accelerated into a stampede. By then, the tide was flowing decisively toward Trump. Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, and Rand Paul had withdrawn from the Republican contest in February. Christie and Huckabee endorsed Trump immediately; Fiorina and Paul would do so later. Ben Carson withdrew on March 4, and endorsed Trump. Marco Rubio surrendered on March 15, endorsing Trump in July.

Some of the late endorsers in the House would work extra hard to ingratiate themselves, such as Jim Jordan of Ohio, who said on May 26: “Look, he wasn’t my pick in the primary, everyone knows that. But I’ve said all along I’m going to support the nominee, and I’m going to work for him, because I know the alternative.” The late endorsers hesitated for many reasons: ideology, doubts about Trump’s electability, qualms about Trump’s character. The early endorsers belonged to a special category. They were not true believers in anything much. Trump’s first endorser, Collins, ranked as the 143rd most conservative member of the House in his first year in office, 2013. But something in Trump spoke to them.

Trump’s core supporters have proved again and again to be criminals: Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Roger Stone, have pleaded guilty to, or been convicted of, federal crimes. Now Collins and Hunter, Trump’s earliest supporters in the House, have joined them.

The attraction of such people—and so many like them—to Donald Trump tells us something important about who Trump is: a man who appeals to crooks because they recognize him as one of their own."
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Donald Trump is losing his Trade War with China, and is running out of economic time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... omic-time/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Serious question, has there ever been a point in time, in the digital age (~30 years), where the economy has performed ideally with no concerns for 8 plus years....other than the dot.com boom in 2000's?

IMO, we seem to get caught up in partisan scoreboards (myself included) when trying to identify US economical status.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:15 pm 255,000 jobs in November, and all the networks are talking about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vojO4Hs_J/
Jim Cramer talking it up and negative nelly trying to bring it all down: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vmD9MHGCz/

Hope the kool aid takes good: https://www.epi.org/publication/labor-d ... ro-policy/
Because it has nothing to do with higher minimum wages in which cities again? and cutting full time employees hours and then hiring more part timers.....as fatty would say; zactley.

You asked for it, you got it.....Toyota.
We had a 1977 Corolla. Do you know how Toyota overtook GM / Ford? I do.
We had a new 1979 Datsun B-210 wagon. Rear wheel wells kept rusting out (design flaw, trapped water).
It was preceded by a used '74 Pinto wagon. Much better car, far better value.
My 8 Dodge Caravans (1997 - 2018) are/were far better value than their minivan competitors, foreign & domestic.
Canada just had its worst month for job losses in a decade — So how bad was it?

Sounds like a good time to invest in manufacturing.....when your own manufacturing jobs are slipping away to china and the far east, and then all of a sudden you do not right the ship...in police work they call that a clue.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:24 am Serious question, has there ever been a point in time, in the digital age (~30 years), where the economy has performed ideally with no concerns for 8 plus years....other than the dot.com boom in 2000's?
No concerns? I've been telling you what the concerns are-----this economy is built on borrowed money----for two years now, and you don't want to hear it.

If this is all awesome, and there are no risks here, why wouldn't we simply cut corporate taxes again, and add $4 Trillion in new spending?

And then do it again in 2020. And 2021?

You evade these questions, because you know the answer.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:24 am Serious question, has there ever been a point in time, in the digital age (~30 years), where the economy has performed ideally with no concerns for 8 plus years....other than the dot.com boom in 2000's?
No concerns? I've been telling you what the concerns are-----this economy is built on borrowed money----for two years now, and you don't want to hear it.

If this is all awesome, and there are no risks here, why wouldn't we simply cut corporate taxes again, and add $4 Trillion in new spending?

You did not answer my question, only preached again. Help me here....name a point in time in recent history where our economy was performing beautifully and nobody was worried about anything.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Trump doesn't care. He said so. He will be out of office when it's someone else's problem. It is like maxing out debt and credit cards and dying and leaving your kids to deal with the fall out.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:27 am Is Secretary Pompeo OK with Rudy's activities in Ukraine? Asking for a friend.

OK. Has the FL Editorial Board established that the Kyiv Post is not Russian propaganda & is a reliable source, worthy of being cited here?
Asking for a friend.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I did answer your question, YA. At some point, you'll listen to me.

Your game here is that because "someone is always worried about the economy", that means that it's no big deal that some people are worried about the economy, and "therefore" everything is fine economically.

Two questions back to you: has our deficit ever been this high? And have our effective Federal income (and corporate) taxes ever been this low?

Add in the massive gap between rich and poor, and how half of Americans aren't enjoying this economy....and you'll know why I'm worried. Partisanship has nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'm doing fine economically. What you keep telling me is what I should be thinking is: screw everyone else. Who cares if my fellow Americans aren't doing as well as I am, and who cares if my kids have to pay for the economy we are enjoying today?

And just sit back, and enjoy the economic ride that is designed to help guys like me, at the expense of everyone else.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Canada just had its worst month for job losses in a decade — So how bad was it?
So bad that Trudeau's jaw drop hit the floor.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:59 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:27 am Is Secretary Pompeo OK with Rudy's activities in Ukraine? Asking for a friend.

OK. Has the FL Editorial Board established that the Kyiv Post is not Russian propaganda & is a reliable source, worthy of being cited here?
Asking for a friend.
Is that Lutsenko the replacement for the Prosecutor General who Biden demanded be fired ?
The Prosecutor General that Biden praised as being "solid" ?
https://www.nytimes.com › 2019/09/22 › politics › biden-ukraine-trump
Mr. Shokin was replaced by a prosecutor named Yuriy Lutsenko, whom former Vice President Biden later called “someone who was solid..."

Return to “POLITICS”