Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan456

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by Laxfan456 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:39 pm https://x.com/wlaxnut
His “sources” are probably just the posts on this forum….
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Laxfan456 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:42 pm
Probably .

But if SU doesn't issue a statement by next Monday, I would assume her days are numbered.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:45 pm
Probably .

But if SU doesn't issue a statement by next Monday, I would assume her days are numbered.
Another Twitter account and an Instagram account had it as well--before I tweeted.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Social media today is little different than traditional publishing. Some random account saying the sky is falling is all but meaningless. A more well regarded account/profile is a different story. And, yes, even The New York Times sometimes gets it wrong. But much more often than not, when the NYT says, We heard from reliable sources, we believe them. Obviously wlaxnut isn't the NYT but wlaxnut also isn't some random, one-off account. We'll see...
Matt, you seriously don’t know who wlaxnut is? He’s ONW. In fact, wlaxnut is one of his many fan lax screen names, although he doesn’t use it here much anymore.

His “sources” are almost always posts on this forum.

I would take anything he says with less than a grain of salt.
Last edited by njbill on Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:55 pm ... you seriously, don’t know who wlaxnut is? He’s ONW...
Now that you're saying it, I'm remembering it. :) Though it/wlaxnut may be true/right, wlaxnut definitely is not the NY Times.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxfan456

Post by Laxfan456 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:47 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:45 pm
Probably .

Another Twitter account and an Instagram account had it as well--before I tweeted.
Oh ok. I saw both of those posts, I’m not convinced that they didn’t get their information from this forum either
Last edited by Laxfan456 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

This is hands down the worst these forums have ever been.
Graceland

Post by Graceland »

Interesting discussion about coaches being accountable. This is one profession where accountability is a moving target. There are so many stories about abusive coaches staying in place for years before they got fired. If any of us behaved like this in our jobs, we would get fired the same day. How many kids have left their sport because of coaches? There’s no way to track this but I bet every person on this forum knows at least one.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Graceland wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:27 pm Interesting discussion about coaches being accountable. This is one profession where accountability is a moving target. There are so many stories about abusive coaches staying in place for years before they got fired. If any of us behaved like this in our jobs, we would get fired the same day. How many kids have left their sport because of coaches? There’s no way to track this but I bet every person on this forum knows at least one.
This! If the Colgate coach held on to her job for as long as she did Which was ridiculous!!! I don’t know why this is such big news She had an affair Her team made it to the final four Did the affair affect her coaching ability bud say no But now it’s become sort of a circus and people want stability when their kids commit or stay So I think she will step down
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

SU-LAXAHOLIC wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:58 am Who do you hold accountable if Kayla is innocent the internet? This is the impossible part of this situation all we have is a bunch of accusations with no one showing or even claiming they have proof. Not one player not one coach nor any alumni have stepped up and claimed it to be true. I’m baffled by this entire situation
No one has stepped up publicly, but alumni and players have verified this.
cdb

Post by cdb »

If folks have verified, you should have no problem citing a source to quiet any doubters.
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

If the allegations are true, then man what a fall from grace for KT. Literally the greatest player in program history and now what she'll be remembered for is an affair. Obviously doesn't justify what she allegedly did but...
Hello

Post by Hello »

Is there indication that the players knew before she was "caught" and was the being "caught" done by players? This would seem to make it worse as it puts the players in a terrible position.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Laxparents wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:50 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:22 am
Laxparents wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:12 am Zoom results: no accountability, no change in coaching staff, total zoom time 3:00 minutes.
what do you mean by no accountablity?
That our daughters have been negatively impacted by these “rumors”. Individuals have been attempting to contact them through various social networks, lacrosse camps where they are employed, and tournaments they are attending. Our daughters enrolled in college to pursue an education and participate in a sport they love, to which they have dedicated a substantial portion of their lives. I urge everyone to recognize that, regardless of the scandal's specifics, there are unintended victims. Now, imagine those victims are your own children.
What accountability would you like to have seen? An apology? A resignation?

What would have been enough to satisfy you?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Hello wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:40 pm Is there indication that the players knew before she was "caught" and was the being "caught" done by players? This would seem to make it worse as it puts the players in a terrible position.
If the players were ever told to cover something else, then this is something else.
Graceland

Post by Graceland »

Not talking about Kayla rather the concept of accountability and coaching in general. The Kayla rumor is just that. A rumor. A reputation ruining rumor at that.
PlayNice

Post by PlayNice »

laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:44 pm
Laxparents wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:12 am Zoom results: no accountability, no change in coaching staff, total zoom time 3:00 minutes.
That our daughters have been negatively impacted by these “rumors”. Individuals have been attempting to contact them through various social networks, lacrosse camps where they are employed, and tournaments they are attending. Our daughters enrolled in college to pursue an education and participate in a sport they love, to which they have dedicated a substantial portion of their lives. I urge everyone to recognize that, regardless of the scandal's specifics, there are unintended victims. Now, imagine those victims are your own children.

Girls should be given the opportunity to go into the portal if they don’t choose to be a part of this circus.
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

PlayNice wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:18 pm

Girls should be given the opportunity to go into the portal if they don’t choose to be a part of this circus.
Agreed but Coach would need to be fired for resign for this to happen
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PlayNice wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:18 pm

the way the wind seems to be blowing, the team knew about this quite awhile ago. before the portal was even open for some undergrads. so they had their chance.

forget all of that. your proposal is that the nc$$ steps in and allows them to go into the portal as a special circumstance labeled as... what exactly?
thelastdraw

Post by thelastdraw »

[/quote]the way the wind seems to be blowing, the team knew about this quite awhile ago. before the portal was even open for some undergrads. so they had their chance.
[/quote]
This statement is not accurate. Blow that with your way of the wind.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”