Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
uncfan1013

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by uncfan1013 »

The ACC is going to get rlly boring watching UNC & BC be top tier, Cuse & ND go through a down year, Clemson not being extremely good yet, Virginia going to be good but loses a lot of talent, VT going through a exodus of good players.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

Colgate is still looking for a coach. Any chance that soon for a new team?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

uncfan1013 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:10 pm The ACC is going to get rlly boring watching UNC & BC be top tier, Cuse & ND go through a down year, Clemson not being extremely good yet, Virginia going to be good but loses a lot of talent, VT going through a exodus of good players.
ND got some strong players coming. They're always gonna be a tough out. Cuse is done and will be replaced by Clemson. They've already stolen 2 of Syracuse's prized recruits. That will continue
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Clemson two years final four. 3 years beats UNC for the Natty. Go on Draftkings and lay it down. You’re welcome.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:06 pm
Fischer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:01 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:52 pm Was Joe Spallina in the mix for the Cuse job after Gary left? Not asking if he will be in the mix now, just curious if he was in the mix a few years ago. Anyone know?
Word is Spallina going to Clemson He’s for a year left at sb perfect timing Dad and daughter
lol Coach Kwolek may have a thing or two to say about that.
We shall see
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Fischer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:37 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:06 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:52 pm Was Joe Spallina in the mix for the Cuse job after Gary left? Not asking if he will be in the mix now, just curious if he was in the mix a few years ago. Anyone know?
Word is Spallina going to Clemson He’s for a year left at sb perfect timing Dad and daughter
lol Coach Kwolek may have a thing or two to say about that.
We shall see
You’re assuming it would be for HC. Carter just left and went to UConn. Could be for Asst. Not saying I think he would. Just saying. Also, Pay is probably comparable at Clemson. 🤷🏻‍♂️
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

NYS website says he made 314k in 2023, is Clemson paying more?
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Would Tumolo not be the number 1 pick for a replacement?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:57 am Would Tumolo not be the number 1 pick for a replacement?
I think she’s pretty happy at army and her wife just had a baby Not sure they make the move
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

Fischer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:41 am
lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:57 am Would Tumolo not be the number 1 pick for a replacement?
I think she’s pretty happy at army and her wife just had a baby Not sure they make the move
I think you call her & Katie Rowan and if they both say no then maybe promote Caitlin Defelise or call Regy Thorpe?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

CnyLax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:45 am
Fischer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:41 am
I think you call her & Katie Rowan and if they both say no then maybe promote Caitlin Defelise or call Regy Thorpe?
I remember hearing dowd was at a few practices back before kt for the job so I can see that
Defo not hc material Don’t think she has the presence She’s great at what she does on a quieter scale I don’t see Regy leaving gators I see him getting that hc job eventually
SU-LAXAHOLIC

Post by SU-LAXAHOLIC »

It would of been impossible for Dowd to be at a practice right before KT got hired since she was hired in June of 2021 there were no practices and the position was definitely not open until after Gary switched to the men’s team shortly after the national championship. With that said I think Katrina Dowd would be a good candidate
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Katrina Dowd would be the perfect solution for a bad situation. She would put the recruits at ease and make the Cuse offense even better.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

If KT is exiting now, a few things must have happened:

1. Syracuse actually didn’t know about this story until now. There is no way all that is alleged was known by the university months ago and NOW they are deciding to move on.
2. New information has been discovered by the university after an initial investigation previously.
3. KT is actually resigning because the situation is untenable. Recruits leaving. Cuse asking questions. Parents calling. IWLCA attorney is likely/has likely helped negotiate her exit.

My money would be #3.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

If even 1/3 of the rumors posted here are true, it is an easy dismissal for the Syracuse leadership.

When one of the 2 or 3 highest paid coaches of a non-revenue sport do anything to embarrass the school and leave it open to legal liability, you need to make a change.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

laxdadpat wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:51 am Katrina Dowd would be the perfect solution for a bad situation. She would put the recruits at ease and make the Cuse offense even better.
Given the budget problems all ACC schools will face post-settlement (having to pay out 20% of TV money without a bigger contract on the horizon), do we really think Cuse will pursue an experienced head coach with any type of track record?

They will likely need to pay off a decent settlement with the assistant, which was not budgeted.

My guess is they go after a Syracuse alum who is an assistant at a mid-tier program.

Though he may cost more than desired, if I had to guess on a future coach i'd say Regy Thorpe
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

If she leaves - what is the over / under of Syracuse girls who now enter the portal? I believe (not 100% sure) that if your coach leaves you can enter the portal even if it is not in official portal window. Isn't that how Rachel Clark entered the portal late and left Virginia for BC?

If that happens, do the rich get richer with the likes of BC or Northwestern or others scooping up players?

And if an existing head coach then takes the position, you could see more portal jumps from that school.
Laxparents

Post by Laxparents »

Zoom results: no accountability, no change in coaching staff, total zoom time 3:00 minutes.
SU-LAXAHOLIC

Post by SU-LAXAHOLIC »

Might be worse for the program then Kayla stepping down this cloud will linger it seems that the staff has already been been found guilty in them court of public opinion. Not sure how this moves forward
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Laxparents wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:12 am Zoom results: no accountability, no change in coaching staff, total zoom time 3:00 minutes.
what do you mean by no accountablity?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”