MAC Freedom

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ergit

Re: MAC Freedom

Post by ergit »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:33 am Also record wise if Stevenson lost the AQ they would still have quality wins vs York and Stevens which would give them the better chance than York for an at large bid. So you are correct.
Good thing the committee doesn't uphold (o take away) style points.

Stevenson still has a (pretty) good shot at a Pool C bid but I am utterly SHOCKED by them being shut out and shut down on offense :shock:

I don't think I have seen a quality team (shut out or) dominated like this ever, too this extent, this late in the season :oops:
How does a good, nationally ranked team lose 11-0?
They didn’t score a single goal...
Stevenson is done. They have no chance at an at-large bid because style points do in fact count in a season like this.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Woot woot Spartans. Big win when they needed it most. And in a big way, 11-0. On to the tourney.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

That was the York team many of us know and expected. I was super critical of them in their last meeting, not because of their lack of talent, but knowing what Stevenson is/was. I’m fortunate that that I have friends that I’m close with who played at both institutions (who were my CAC rivals). Many of us called a 6 goal difference in favor of York, with the difference being Stevenson’s goalie not racking up 20 or so saves this time around. However, none of us called that beating. Comment of the night goes to a Stevenson alum who said they need to change their name back to VJC after that performance.

So now that the dust has settled, York is the obvious AQ, but does Stevenson still make the tourney? I know it’s a weird year with AQs, but I believe most conference leaders handled their business(OWU sticks out as an outlier). I just have a really difficult time considering Stevenson a top 15 team and tonight showed that. We’ll see if the committee slides them in our not. If they’re in, I have to think they are the last in.

Unfortunately for Stevenson, the years of an easy AQ are over haha :lol:
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

ergit wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:57 pm Stevenson is done. They have no chance at an at-large bid because style points do in fact count in a season like this.
I disagree as the NCAA may not want to set a precedent for years to come and it may be more "black and white" then we would like.

Stevenson still has a win over AQ teams Stevens and York , so they should be in based on the other pool of applicants
GrouchyOldLaxer

Post by GrouchyOldLaxer »

GrouchyOldLaxer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 pm Love the qualifiers out there and the "saltiness" and shade thrown towards a certain school in Hoboken. 8-)

With no bench guys, I guess Stevens only played 10 guys not 26 against Desales :?:

Ive got the old and laxer part. I guess grouchy is right around the corner for me. As Bart Scott once said, CANT WAIT! :D

No more rhetoric from me on this matter :twisted:

Stevens 19

Misericordia 9
I’ll look for you at our monthly meetings!

Regarding the 26, keep in mind Stevens mixes and matches 3 midfield lines, runs about 4-5 SSDMs, 2 FOGOs and 2 LSMs. There’s your 26. That leaves 25 on the bench.

I’d like to see Stevens win, but don’t want to jinks them with a prognostication. I still remember the last Empire 8 final when they got handled by St John Fisher after winning the regular season game……
Congratulations to the Ducks. After a slow first quarter things came together and handled Miseracoridia without trouble. I was also very happy to see them clear the bench with about 4 minutes left in the fourth (though with a 14 goal lead at the 8 minute mark I may have emptied it sooner...)
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

GrouchyOldLaxer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:24 am
GrouchyOldLaxer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 pm Love the qualifiers out there and the "saltiness" and shade thrown towards a certain school in Hoboken. 8-)

With no bench guys, I guess Stevens only played 10 guys not 26 against Desales :?:

Ive got the old and laxer part. I guess grouchy is right around the corner for me. As Bart Scott once said, CANT WAIT! :D

No more rhetoric from me on this matter :twisted:

Stevens 19

Misericordia 9
I’ll look for you at our monthly meetings!

Regarding the 26, keep in mind Stevens mixes and matches 3 midfield lines, runs about 4-5 SSDMs, 2 FOGOs and 2 LSMs. There’s your 26. That leaves 25 on the bench.

I’d like to see Stevens win, but don’t want to jinks them with a prognostication. I still remember the last Empire 8 final when they got handled by St John Fisher after winning the regular season game……
Congratulations to the Ducks. After a slow first quarter things came together and handled Miseracoridia without trouble. I was also very happy to see them clear the bench with about 4 minutes left in the fourth (though with a 14 goal lead at the 8 minute mark I may have emptied it sooner...)
As much fun as closer championship games are, I do enjoy seeing teams clear the bench for those next group of guys. Guys that worked hard all year get to do it in their conference championship...awesome stuff

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”