Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by GreyingHound »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:59 am Let’s go, fellas!!!!!!

Leave everything on the field!!!!
I want to see a second half just like the first!

Go Hounds! Firing on all cylinders.

BTW, looks like Kamish is out with ice on his knee.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:17 pm

The three best D1 lacrosse teams with (so far) tough-luck records are:

Loyola
Notre Dame
Towson
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:25 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:17 pm

The three best D1 lacrosse teams with (so far) tough-luck records are:

Loyola
Notre Dame
Towson

Are you not entertained?!?!
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Now that is how to play. Ball movement. Aggressive d. Savio at about 70%. And Shaffer seeing the ball.

Great win. Next up BU.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm Now that is how to play. Ball movement. Aggressive d. Savio at about 70%. And Shaffer seeing the ball.

Great win. Next up BU.
And 5-6 on EMO! I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the man-up unit now.

Great win!
Loyolalaxgrad

Post by Loyolalaxgrad »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:51 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm Now that is how to play. Ball movement. Aggressive d. Savio at about 70%. And Shaffer seeing the ball.

Great win. Next up BU.
And 5-6 on EMO! I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the man-up unit now.

Great win
Finally, moving the ball on EMO, get the defense chasing and bam, 5-6. Nicely done. They did the same with the Navy zone, great ball movement.

Still concerned with unforced turnovers, but we are getting better and confident coming into the tough part of the schedule... BU, Georgetown, Colgate, Lehigh. We can win all four. But I can live with a close game against Gtown.

First up BU, we match up very nicely, about the same shooting percentage, their fogo at 60% goalie at 60% We have the homefield advantage.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

It goes without saying that Saturday’s game is important.

Home game.

I think Bailey will do well at FO. Wings MUST be dialed in.

Our shooting percentage frankly can’t be any worse (we likely have one if the lowest shooting percentages in D1, thankfully we shoot a lot). I’m hoping for better numbers.

BU has a very good team. I think they should have beaten Harvard, a game I watched. I just thought they took one too many boneheaded shots. They got smoked at the FO; with a better showing there, that game swings around.

I just have no feel for this one. Hopeful but not overly confident.

Would be good to get this win
Loyolalaxgrad

Post by Loyolalaxgrad »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:19 pm It goes without saying that Saturday’s game is important.

Home game.

Our shooting percentage frankly can’t be any worse (we likely have one if the lowest shooting percentages in D1, thankfully we shoot a lot). I’m hoping for better numbers.

BU has a very good team. I think they should have beaten Harvard, a game I watched. I just thought they took one too many boneheaded shots. They got smoked at the FO; with a better showing there, that game swings around.

Watched some bu games. They have a great 10 man ride. I know coach Toomey will work on this. Can we beat it on Saturday. This is a big key to success.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Loyolalaxgrad wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:19 pm It goes without saying that Saturday’s game is important.

Home game.

Watched some bu games. They have a great 10 man ride. I know coach Toomey will work on this. Can we beat it on Saturday. This is a big key to success.
We haven't had much controversy on this thread lately. (That's what happens when the team starts winning. :D ) So, I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian here. I don't think BU is that great, and I believe they are overrated. Could the Hounds lose on Saturday? Of course. We lost to a Towson team that's not that great either. But I like the Hounds this weekend, and in fact, I am predicting BU loses not just to the Hounds, but their last three games to Loyola, Lehigh, and Army.

I watched BU play Bucknell when they were both undefeated, and I wasn't very impressed by either team. It was relatively close until late. I also watched BU play Harvard, and again, neither team was very impressive. BU is being rewarded in the polls for their record, but come on. They've beaten Merrimack, Bryant, UMass, Colgate, Bucknell, Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Navy. That is not a difficult schedule. When they've faced tougher opponents, they've lost by 3, 5, and 7 to Harvard, Princeton, and Yale. If the Hounds play like they did against Navy, they won't have trouble with BU.

Regarding the 10-man ride, I'm not a fan of the tactic in general. Bucknell used to use it constantly, but they finally figured out that against a talented team like Loyola, they were just creating unsettled situations for us to capitalize on. I can't remember which Ivy team scored a 2/3-field goal into an empty net against BU, but good teams will find opportunities against the 10-man. The Hounds have cleared well all season, with the exception of the Towson game, so I like our chances against BU's ride. On the other hand, Loyola's ride has been really impressive. In particular, Hopkins and Navy really struggled to clear the ball against us, and that's without using a 10-man.

Now that I've put my thoughts in writing, please revisit this post in 3 weeks to praise or mock me after BU does/doesn't go 0-3 to finish the season. Go Hounds!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 pm
Loyolalaxgrad wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:13 pm

Home game.

We haven't had much controversy on this thread lately. (That's what happens when the team starts winning. :D ) So, I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian here. I don't think BU is that great, and I believe they are overrated. Could the Hounds lose on Saturday? Of course. We lost to a Towson team that's not that great either. But I like the Hounds this weekend, and in fact, I am predicting BU loses not just to the Hounds, but their last three games to Loyola, Lehigh, and Army.

I watched BU play Bucknell when they were both undefeated, and I wasn't very impressed by either team. It was relatively close until late. I also watched BU play Harvard, and again, neither team was very impressive. BU is being rewarded in the polls for their record, but come on. They've beaten Merrimack, Bryant, UMass, Colgate, Bucknell, Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Navy. That is not a difficult schedule. When they've faced tougher opponents, they've lost by 3, 5, and 7 to Harvard, Princeton, and Yale. If the Hounds play like they did against Navy, they won't have trouble with BU.

Regarding the 10-man ride, I'm not a fan of the tactic in general. Bucknell used to use it constantly, but they finally figured out that against a talented team like Loyola, they were just creating unsettled situations for us to capitalize on. I can't remember which Ivy team scored a 2/3-field goal into an empty net against BU, but good teams will find opportunities against the 10-man. The Hounds have cleared well all season, with the exception of the Towson game, so I like our chances against BU's ride. On the other hand, Loyola's ride has been really impressive. In particular, Hopkins and Navy really struggled to clear the ball against us, and that's without using a 10-man.

Now that I've put my thoughts in writing, please revisit this post in 3 weeks to praise or mock me after BU does/doesn't go 0-3 to finish the season. Go Hounds!

I actually think BU is better than their record. If you watched their Harvard game, they could have won that with slightly better shooting on goal. And losing by 5 to Princeton isn’t exactly a knock on them.

Hounds will need to perform well all over the field today. Cautiously optimistic, with an emphasis on ‘cautious’.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Did we practice the 10 man? We also need to shoot l
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Well we go it taken to us. Bu outplayed us second half. Same players making same mistakes. Poor shooting. Stagnant offense. Ssdm getting beat. MVA no half time adjustments. It was embarrassing
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:19 pm Well we go it taken to us. Bu outplayed us second half. Same players making same mistakes. Poor shooting. Stagnant offense. Ssdm getting beat. MVA no half time adjustments. It was embarrassing

Tough one to lose. Ouch.

Bailey dominated at FO, too. Hate to waste that effort. I did see Sams early percentage slip in the second half. Aidan just can’t go 0 for 6 though.

Would’ve loved to have gotten this one. No room for error anymore unfortunately. Down to our last at bats.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

GreyingHound wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 pm Now that I've put my thoughts in writing, please revisit this post in 3 weeks to praise or mock me after BU does/doesn't go 0-3 to finish the season. Go Hounds!
Let the mockery begin. Nearly everything I predicted ended up being wrong. Not only did Loyola lose the game, but we really struggled with the 10-man ride, especially in the first half. BU is a better team than I gave them credit for. In fact, they are pretty evenly matched with the Hounds, as they proved today.

I am scratching my head looking at the box score. How is it possible that saves were even at 13? It felt to me like Garber was stopping everything that came his way. GBs were also even at 33. The Hounds had more turnovers, 17-13, which almost erased our advantage on faceoffs, 17-10. Interesting that not a single flag was thrown (aside from a BU offsides that got erased by a goal).

Tough loss. Too many turnovers led to playing too much defense on a hot day. It really showed in the second half.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:33 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 pm Now that I've put my thoughts in writing, please revisit this post in 3 weeks to praise or mock me after BU does/doesn't go 0-3 to finish the season. Go Hounds!
Let the mockery begin. Nearly everything I predicted ended up being wrong. Not only did Loyola lose the game, but we really struggled with the 10-man ride, especially in the first half. BU is a better team than I gave them credit for. In fact, they are pretty evenly matched with the Hounds, as they proved today.

I am scratching my head looking at the box score. How is it possible that saves were even at 13? It felt to me like Garber was stopping everything that came his way. GBs were also even at 33. The Hounds had more turnovers, 17-13, which almost erased our advantage on faceoffs, 17-10. Interesting that not a single flag was thrown (aside from a BU offsides that got erased by a goal).

Tough loss. Too many turnovers led to playing too much defense on a hot day. It really showed in the second half.

One silver lining today:

Army is beating Cornell in epic fashion. Going to really up our leagues SOS.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:33 pm

I was at the game today. Beautiful weather but poor lacrosse. This will be unpopular on this forum but this team has grossly underachieved and that is on the coaches. Watching them on the sideline they either have gotten complacent or there are just too many players to manage to keep their focus on the game in front of them. These coaches have well respected reputations but there is no other explanation for a team to play unprepared and without passion. Especially with so many experienced guys. We can only hope they get hot in the PL tournament and get the AQ or it is a wasted year.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:51 pm
One silver lining today:

Got home from Ridley in time to put the 4th quarter of this game on. Wow. Army is crushing the Big Red.

Dare I predict that Navy upsets Army next week? :roll:
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Another big upset in the making... Colgate leads Lehigh 7-5 with 8 minutes to go...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:42 pm Another big upset in the making... Colgate leads Lehigh 7-5 with 8 minutes to go...

We may not be helping ourselves, but other teams are.

‘Gate wins in OT. That really helps.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:51 pm
One silver lining today:

Got home from Ridley in time to put the 4th quarter of this game on. Wow. Army is crushing the Big Red.

Dare I predict that Navy upsets Army next week? :roll:

Army was literally crushing Cornell. Cornell got last 3 to make it semi respectable. Thank you Army for stepping up and helping the league.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”