Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by houndace1 »

Team played with a ton of heart and hustle over the last 6 games...
They nearly beat the super team of all super teams

I’m excited for 2022 with this team going forward, they proved they can play with the best. They just need the offense to be consistent and play like they did in this 6 game stretch.

It’s confirmed Aidan and Kevin are coming back, I believe so is LeBlanc due to a redshirt.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
lorin

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by lorin »

houndace1 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:48 am Team played with a ton of heart and hustle over the last 6 games...
They nearly beat the super team of all super teams

I’m excited for 2022 with this team going forward, they proved they can play with the best. They just need the offense to be consistent and play like they did in this 6 game stretch.

It’s confirmed Aidan and Kevin are coming back, I believe so is LeBlanc due to a redshirt.
Wow it will be you Lehigh next year, SA have no chance against so many 5th year teams
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

All key contributors back next year except Higgins, Swindell and Railey (healthy Leblanc fills spot again). Add in a healthy Kamish, a healthy Lindsey, and a couple impact freshman....could be a fantastic year. Fall ball this year will help this team overcome another slow start.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Mark it here, Opening game against UVA will be a barnburner.

This team's going to start 2022 with a redemption/vengeance tour.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

houndace1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:51 pm Mark it here, Opening game against UVA will be a barnburner.

This team's going to start 2022 with a redemption/vengeance tour.
I do believe the Hounds will be "dialed in" and focused next season.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I have Loyola up there,

the top four are the top four, we saw them this
weekend.

But based on what Toomey was able to do with this
team, their tournament performance, I’ve got
Loyola, Georgetown next up.

Maybe a high profile transfer ?
Might as well, everyone is doing it 8-)
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

houndace1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:51 pm Mark it here, Opening game against UVA will be a barnburner.
Yep! Fun fact: the last team to beat UVA in an NCAA tournament game is the Hounds!
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Houndfan73 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:59 pm All key contributors back next year except Higgins, Swindell and Railey (healthy Leblanc fills spot again). Add in a healthy Kamish, a healthy Lindsey, and a couple impact freshman....could be a fantastic year. Fall ball this year will help this team overcome another slow start.
This team will be very very good next year...pre season top 10, Patriot favorite...

The defense will be really really good...just like this year, you already noted who comes back on the back end...we have Savio back, great young depth at pole...an All American LSM and leader

Our late season run this year was mostly inspired by defense and gritty timely play on offense...toughness

I think next year with the right guys getting healthy, watch out...we were never fully in synch this year due to injuries and take nothing away from the late run...it was fantastic...I just think we can be so much more if fully operational...fingers crossed we have better luck in 2022...

We have guys that are veterans like Lindley, Olmstead, and Wigley...those guys will be seniors and can lead this team, we will need lots of points from those guys (especially 19 & 7)...but IMO, the big focus and punch could come from the next level guys that showed great promise and/or results this year...

James was fantastic...he is a gritty finisher and workhorse around the net...he's just tough and skilled...he's got three years left, and he's a huge part of the future...the staff loves this kid and why not...he gets results...can't wait to see him next year...

The big wild card will be Kamish...WOTS is the staff loves him and feel like he could be the man on this team with 3 years of eligibility left...he's produced when he's on the field and he's basically got it all...size, athleticism, speed, change of direction, ability to dodge from anywhere, stretch shooting range...he's a kid that can make everyone around him better...best wishes to him in his rehab and recovery...he is guy we want to have on the field...the sad part is we have only seen him play 10 games (covid and injuries) in his 2 years...

And then we are loaded IMO with some other great potential and depth...

Higgins - The kid will be ready to take the next step, he's got a bright future IMO...
Poitras - Off season surgery slowed him early...but as a lefty Canadian, he's crafty and he will be a huge part of our plan
Seay - Kid is a scrapper, has scored some big goals for us...I love his game...he's a huge part of the plan in 2022
Lindsey - Kid lost a year, but everyone I talk with says he's really good...a bit smaller, but has lots of game and he will be a plus player for us in the years ahead...
Bateman - He will continue to be a guy we need to produce and he has and will make more plays for this team

I'm probably missing someone else...

And then I'm sure a couple incoming freshmen will help us as well....I don't get to caught up in Freshman until I see them in real college action...so we will just wait on the fall and early spring to speculate on what Freshman might contribute...

Can't wait till 2022...but for now, enjoy the summer and Go Hounds!

Congrats to our team on a great end of year run...it was fun
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

LAxfan you got it wrapped up pretty good. Very good summary on players returning on offense and defense. You missed one piece - and I know it was an unintentional oversight - Sam "friggin" Shafer. If he plays like he finished the season we win another 4 games.

Higgins and Kamish will be key and we already have Lindley and Olmstead. If the others develop and work hard over the Summer and Fall, who knows....

Future looks bright :D
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 pm LAxfan you got it wrapped up pretty good. Very good summary on players returning on offense and defense. You missed one piece - and I know it was an unintentional oversight - Sam "friggin" Shafer. If he plays like he finished the season we win another 4 games.

Higgins and Kamish will be key and we already have Lindley and Olmstead. If the others develop and work hard over the Summer and Fall, who knows....

Future looks bright :D
Well thx for checking me...my bad...that was a rather large omission on my part...Sam is huge for us on the back end...returning an experienced keeper that has made big plays in big games is massive...

You are 100% correct Nova...my mistake
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:33 pm
Houndfan73 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:59 pm All key contributors back next year except Higgins, Swindell and Railey (healthy Leblanc fills spot again). Add in a healthy Kamish, a healthy Lindsey, and a couple impact freshman....could be a fantastic year. Fall ball this year will help this team overcome another slow start.
This team will be very very good next year...pre season top 10, Patriot favorite...

The defense will be really really good...just like this year, you already noted who comes back on the back end...we have Savio back, great young depth at pole...an All American LSM and leader

Our late season run this year was mostly inspired by defense and gritty timely play on offense...toughness

I think next year with the right guys getting healthy, watch out...we were never fully in synch this year due to injuries and take nothing away from the late run...it was fantastic...I just think we can be so much more if fully operational...fingers crossed we have better luck in 2022...

We have guys that are veterans like Lindley, Olmstead, and Wigley...those guys will be seniors and can lead this team, we will need lots of points from those guys (especially 19 & 7)...but IMO, the big focus and punch could come from the next level guys that showed great promise and/or results this year...

James was fantastic...he is a gritty finisher and workhorse around the net...he's just tough and skilled...he's got three years left, and he's a huge part of the future...the staff loves this kid and why not...he gets results...can't wait to see him next year...

The big wild card will be Kamish...WOTS is the staff loves him and feel like he could be the man on this team with 3 years of eligibility left...he's produced when he's on the field and he's basically got it all...size, athleticism, speed, change of direction, ability to dodge from anywhere, stretch shooting range...he's a kid that can make everyone around him better...best wishes to him in his rehab and recovery...he is guy we want to have on the field...the sad part is we have only seen him play 10 games (covid and injuries) in his 2 years...

Higgins - The kid will be ready to take the next step, he's got a bright future IMO...
Poitras - Off season surgery slowed him early...but as a lefty Canadian, he's crafty and he will be a huge part of our plan
Seay - Kid is a scrapper, has scored some big goals for us...I love his game...he's a huge part of the plan in 2022
Lindsey - Kid lost a year, but everyone I talk with says he's really good...a bit smaller, but has lots of game and he will be a plus player for us in the years ahead...
Bateman - He will continue to be a guy we need to produce and he has and will make more plays for this team

And then I'm sure a couple incoming freshmen will help us as well....I don't get to caught up in Freshman until I see them in real college action...so we will just wait on the fall and early spring to speculate on what Freshman might contribute...

I agree with all of the above, plus Shafer. What a fun team this was to watch down the stretch! I introduced a Lithuanian coworker to the sport, who had never seen a lacrosse game before. After watching the Army PL tournament game, he was hooked. (His comment was: "this is 100 times better than baseball.") Then, the heart we showed in the Denver and Duke games was off the charts. The Hounds created a lot of instant fans.

I do want to give a shout out to two key pieces we will be missing next year: Peter Swindell and Matt Higgins. These guys were great this year, and are two of my favorite players to watch. Higgins especially has been such an unsung hero for so many years. In nearly every game, he made a trail check or a great GB play that contributed to our success without any recognition or gaudy stats to show for it. I always felt at ease when he was on the field. I am so happy that both of these guys were named All Americans this year. So deserved!
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

GreyingHound wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:05 pm
Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:33 pm

I agree with all of the above, plus Shafer. What a fun team this was to watch down the stretch! I introduced a Lithuanian coworker to the sport, who had never seen a lacrosse game before. After watching the Army PL tournament game, he was hooked. (His comment was: "this is 100 times better than baseball.") Then, the heart we showed in the Denver and Duke games was off the charts. The Hounds created a lot of instant fans.

I do want to give a shout out to two key pieces we will be missing next year: Peter Swindell and Matt Higgins. These guys were great this year, and are two of my favorite players to watch. Higgins especially has been such an unsung hero for so many years. In nearly every game, he made a trail check or a great GB play that contributed to our success without any recognition or gaudy stats to show for it. I always felt at ease when he was on the field. I am so happy that both of these guys were named All Americans this year. So deserved!
Higgy is a very big loss

There is no harder position to play at this level than SSDM...he will be missed
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Seen this a couple places tonight late add for incoming class.
FO man Dylan Farley’21 announces his commitment to the Greyhounds. An All-State and All-American selection, Farley decommitted from Harvard back in March.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm Seen this a couple places tonight late add for incoming class.
FO man Dylan Farley’21 announces his commitment to the Greyhounds. An All-State and All-American selection, Farley decommitted from Harvard back in March.
Really good get for the Greyhounds. One of the best FO in Georgia and the South in general. Good addition to that FO room.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

in a more somber news

A family member of one of the players was recently involved in an automobile accident.

many members of the team as well as alumni and fans have been donating to help cover costs and extra for the family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-maddy-r ... e=customer

any donation helps.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Long time since there’s any posts in this but

22 roster is now up with the new freshman with their numbers. Still missing a couple headshots though 😅.

Kamish switched to #3
Lindsay switched to #22
Poitras switched to 51
Binney switched to 57
James switched to 8

Keep an eye out on Tyler Conklin (#45) and ryan mcgorry (#18) and matt Dixon of the freshman. Lots of upside as midfielders. Diego Roman looks to be a very promising LSM.

Gonna be confusing trying to remember all the number switches 😅.

Also it’s confirmed that Wagner, Hughes, LeBlanc, shafer, olmstead, lindley, Bailey, wigley, benus, are all back for their graduate degrees.

Finally, Mcnulty is back for one last year of eligibility. Can’t wait to see what he does in 2022
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:26 pm Long time since there’s any posts in this but

22 roster is now up with the new freshman with their numbers. Still missing a couple headshots though 😅.

Kamish switched to #3
Lindsay switched to #22
Poitras switched to 51
Binney switched to 57
James switched to 8

Keep an eye out on Tyler Conklin (#45) and ryan mcgorry (#18) and matt Dixon of the freshman. Lots of upside as midfielders. Diego Roman looks to be a very promising LSM.

Gonna be confusing trying to remember all the number switches 😅.

Also it’s confirmed that Wagner, Hughes, LeBlanc, shafer, olmstead, lindley, Bailey, wigley, benus, are all back for their graduate degrees.

Finally, Mcnulty is back for one last year of eligibility. Can’t wait to see what he does in 2022
Team returns a lot of guys that can contribute or have contributed...should be an exciting year in 2022

Can't believe we are a month from September school start...

I know a couple of guys will be recovering/healing and will see little to no action in the fall with a full plan for green lights in January...I hope Kamish is progressing from his April surgery. WOTS is he's on schedule so fingers crossed. I know James was very banged up late last year and had some off season work done, I don't expect a heavy fall for him in terms of participation...

Lots of number changes...gonna have to re-program my mind on some of these guys

Great to have a number of grad guys back...McNulty and the entire group...lots of leadership back

We need some key guys to get healthy, we need to stay healthy, and if we do that, man this team could be really really good...I would expect to see them in the top 7-8 preseason...

Cheers
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

The Dog Days of Summer. I'm reduced to watching highlights from last season. The PL Tourney game against Army was a doozy. Watch out for Army next year. They also return a lot of players. Circle that game on your calendar. And Nichtern can do almost whatever he wants when he has the ball. Wyers was dropped all over him and he still scored.

Having said that...Loyola also has a lot of returning starters and major contributors as has already been pointed out above. Sorry for not having more info for the good of the group. :D
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

This should get everyone fired up for the next season: https://youtu.be/iaTCkPbjrN8

Note: the Terps are on the schedule again.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:51 pm This should get everyone fired up for the next season: https://youtu.be/iaTCkPbjrN8

Note: the Terps are on the schedule again.
Yup I am that from the Maryland side.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”