Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: Orange Duce

Post by DocBarrister »

The whistleblower, whom Donald Trump has been disparaging and even threatening, is a career CIA officer.

WASHINGTON — The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/p ... lower.html

How can any of you continue to support this despicable president?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 pm So you don't think the MSM should examine Hunter Biden's business dealing with the countries his VP Dad had influence over ?
Of course I do. But I'm not the guy who made fun of us over our complaints of conflicts of interest.

Sorry mate, you don't get to complain about Hunter. I do. And so does everyone who think Trump's conflicts aren't ok.

Not only have you waved Trump's conflicts on----you made fun of anyone who thought that they were bad.

So you have ZERO standing to complain about anything Biden did in the Ukraine.
I'm not complaining about Hunter. I'm complaining about the MSM ignoring his business dealings & potential conflicts of interest.

If Hunter was providing "best value" services to the US govt, as Prestwick & Turnberry do (& he'd been hired during the Bush Admin), I'd defend him as vigorously as I defended the USAF use of Prestwick & Turnberry.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 pm The whistleblower, whom Donald Trump has been disparaging and even threatening, is a career CIA officer.

WASHINGTON — The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

Umm, the economy seems OK?

It’s all fake?

TDS?

He’s Republican, so I have to support him?

The liberal fools hate him; that’s all I need to know?

He’s not Obama?

What about the DNC server?

It’s not like lying about a favor in a room off the Oval?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:28 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 pm All the whining about Hunter using his father's title to make money is ironic.

Suddenly something is wrong...and yet, those same folks don't see that the same thing is happening now with Trump and Co.

I don't see the "whining" that you do. Almost every politician and his/her family take advantage of their lot in life; some of the most corrupt politicians in America are right in Baltimore Maryland, where I assume some of this board resides. No one so far as I know has sought Elijah Cummings arrest...go google his wife's charity and fundraising situation and get back to me. (And most people could not care less that Elijah bankrolls himself via his wife's sham charity where companies that he regulates contribute; why is there no noise on that issue? hmmmm)

What democrats are doing (on this board and on television) via impeachment are in effect saying they don't like the voting results. There's a solution: go vote, and stop the real whining.
Perhaps because Trump's and Fox News entertainment division's claims are baseless. :roll: I realize you are another guy that doesn't ask himself why only right wing rags carry some stories. Oh, yeah, the major news organizations are all in the tank for the democrats. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:11 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:28 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 pm All the whining about Hunter using his father's title to make money is ironic.

Suddenly something is wrong...and yet, those same folks don't see that the same thing is happening now with Trump and Co.

I don't see the "whining" that you do. That doesn't surprise me in the least. Almost every politician and his/her family take advantage of their lot in life; some of the most corrupt politicians in America are right in Baltimore Maryland, where I assume some of this board resides. No one so far as I know has sought Elijah Cummings arrest...go google his wife's charity and fundraising situation and get back to me. (And most people could not care less that Elijah bankrolls himself via his wife's sham charity where companies that he regulates contribute; why is there no noise on that issue? hmmmm) None of that has a thing to do with Trump...I agree that there is plenty of corruption at every level of government. Both by the pols and those trying to influence outcomes. But that is where we are.

What democrats are doing (on this board and on television) via impeachment are in effect saying they don't like the voting results. There's a solution: go vote, and stop the real whining.That is simply a R talking point...I actually do vote.
Not a fan of impeachment for all the reason's stated, but at some point, DOPUS has to learn, even he has to follow the law. I gave up on the hope that he would start acting like he respected the conventions of his office he holds.
Valid point forever, but how in the heck can he sit back and just do his job when +75% of the media is attempting to destroy him each day.

I challenge you to find one article a day that has any positive vibe or even leaning neutral vibe from our news media WRT to this administration. They are in full attack mode.
Yeah its all the media's fault. :roll: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 pm The whistleblower, whom Donald Trump has been disparaging and even threatening, is a career CIA officer.

Umm, the economy seems OK?

It’s all fake?

TDS?

He’s Republican, so I have to support him?

The liberal fools hate him; that’s all I need to know?

He’s not Obama?

What about the DNC server?

It’s not like lying about a favor in a room off the Oval?
All reasonable possibilities.

Sadly, I think the reason Trump’s supporters are so fervent and immovable in their advocacy for this despicable president is that their support is based on the “hatreds” that they share with Trump:

—His racism;
—His bigotry;
—His misogyny; and
—His white supremacy.

It is commonly said that love is more powerful than hate.

Trump and his MAGA supporters prove that isn’t true. :(

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm

The "logic" being bandied about these days makes me worry about just how cr*ppy our colleges have become. 1+1= squirrel. Must be the new math everyone keeps talking about.....
It's more the studied indifference of the MSM (& here) to the financial dealings of Hunter Biden, before Trump made it an issue.

This should have been thoroughly investigated & reported by the MSM as soon as Biden declared as a candidate.

It would not have inoculated Biden from accusations of conflict of interest, but he could have addressed it on his terms & preempted Trump's version.
The old shine a light on your problem theory.
So it's about Hunter Biden not getting hammered by anyone else then Fox. Stop trying to sell that whoever isn't the MSM is digging and digging. From everything I read, there is nothing there but questionable and more like business as usual with these people. You haven't said word one about Javanka..how is that possible?

Why does he have to adhere to a higher standard of conduct and conflicts then the POTUS and his entire cabinet?
I'm not complaining about Hunter. I'm complaining about the MSM ignoring his business dealings & potential conflicts of interest.
Nope. It's black and white. Either are or aren't. You don't and try not to sell us that you are.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm I'm not complaining about Hunter. I'm complaining about the MSM ignoring his business dealings & potential conflicts of interest.
He's not the candidate yet. Did you learn nothing from Hillary?

They hit him with all that about 6 months out from the election, when it really hurts.

And for the record, I don't want Biden as our POTUS.

Edit to add---the reason the MSM didn't care about Biden is that he was on his way out. What was the big story for Obama's last term.

Benghazi. Hillary's emails. Much better clickbait.
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm If Hunter was providing "best value" services to the US govt, as Prestwick & Turnberry do (& he'd been hired during the Bush Admin), I'd defend him as vigorously as I defended the USAF use of Prestwick & Turnberry.
It's ok for him to do that now.

Not ok for him to do that while Biden is in office. This is why libs hate him. They think he's Hillary Two, Electric Boogloo.

And they're not wrong.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:54 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm I'm not complaining about Hunter. I'm complaining about the MSM ignoring his business dealings & potential conflicts of interest.

They hit him with all that about 6 months out from the election, when it really hurts.

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm If Hunter was providing "best value" services to the US govt, as Prestwick & Turnberry do (& he'd been hired during the Bush Admin), I'd defend him as vigorously as I defended the USAF use of Prestwick & Turnberry.

Not ok for him to do that while Biden is in office. This is why libs hate him. They think he's Hillary Two, Electric Boogloo.

And they're not wrong.
Biden's fair game for the MSM as soon as he announces his candidacy. Poll %'s determine who gets on the debate stage. Primary & caucus voters have to choose, as do donors (large & small). Do you want another rigged DNC selection process ? ...Putin might not blow the whistle this time.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:19 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm

The "logic" being bandied about these days makes me worry about just how cr*ppy our colleges have become. 1+1= squirrel. Must be the new math everyone keeps talking about.....
It's more the studied indifference of the MSM (& here) to the financial dealings of Hunter Biden, before Trump made it an issue.

This should have been thoroughly investigated & reported by the MSM as soon as Biden declared as a candidate.

It would not have inoculated Biden from accusations of conflict of interest, but he could have addressed it on his terms & preempted Trump's version.
The old shine a light on your problem theory.
So it's about Hunter Biden not getting hammered by anyone else then Fox. Stop trying to sell that whoever isn't the MSM is digging and digging. From everything I read, there is nothing there but questionable and more like business as usual with these people. You haven't said word one about Javanka..how is that possible?

Why does he have to adhere to a higher standard of conduct and conflicts then the POTUS and his entire cabinet?
Nope. It's black and white. Either are or aren't. You don't and try not to sell us that you are.
Sure it is, in your logic free, fact free, one size fits all black or white world.

The MSM schooled the voters on Trump & family business dealings as soon as he descended the escalator.
Voters were warned well before the first primary, caucus or debate.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm Biden's fair game for the MSM as soon as he announces his candidacy. Poll %'s determine who gets on the debate stage. Primary & caucus voters have to choose, as do donors (large & small). Do you want another rigged DNC selection process ?
I'm not telling you what I want....I'm telling you what's happening and why. The do the same thing every time. They bring out the best dirt on the other candidate in the 6mo leading to the election where it will not just do maximum damage...but it's also when the average American is actually paying attention to the election. I.E., ratings. It's about ratings.

We're a year away. Who cares about the clown car that is the Dem nominees? More than half will be kicked to the curb by next year.

Clickbait and ratings. That's my point.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm

And they're not wrong.
Biden's fair game for the MSM as soon as he announces his candidacy. Poll %'s determine who gets on the debate stage. Primary & caucus voters have to choose, as do donors (large & small). Do you want another rigged DNC selection process ? ...Putin might not blow the whistle this time.
Sure, of course he is, do your own op-o research all you want...have your own witch hunt. Trump did a big fat no-no.

Once Joe bails you guys can find more stuff to flip flop on Warren
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm Biden's fair game for the MSM as soon as he announces his candidacy. Poll %'s determine who gets on the debate stage. Primary & caucus voters have to choose, as do donors (large & small). Do you want another rigged DNC selection process ?
I'm not telling you what I want....I'm telling you what's happening and why. The do the same thing every time. They bring out the best dirt on the other candidate in the 6mo leading to the election where it will not just do maximum damage...but it's when the average American is actually paying attention to the election.

We're a year away. Who cares about the clown car that is the Dem nominees? More than half will be kicked to the curb by next year.

Clickbait and ratings. That's my point.
So why are you criticizing me for the MSM looking the other way (for now) on Biden ?

Did the MSM wait until just 6 mos before the election to being reporting on Trump & family business dealings ? ...with Russia ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:13 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:01 pm

And they're not wrong.
Sure, of course he is, do your own op-o research all you want...have your own witch hunt. Trump did a big fat no-no.

Once Joe bails you guys can find more stuff to flip flop on Warren
.:lol:. ...Rudy's hard at work on his Biden dossier. Paleface Lizzy is silently cheering him on.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So the DNI testifies today that the WB (a career CIA officer) did the right thing and should be protected (as per the law). Also said the WB's report is in alignment with and confirmed by the WH's own transcript.

And Bone Spurs says this:

"Basically, that person never saw the report, never saw the call, he never saw the call — heard something and decided that he or she, or whoever the hell they saw — they’re almost a spy. I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now."

— President Trump, via the Los Angeles Times

And now Salty will tell us why threatening the WB and other WH personnel with capital punishment is ok...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:18 pm
So why are you criticizing me for the MSM looking the other way (for now) on Biden ?
You know why. You made fun of us pointing out Trump's conflicts. You told us you didn't care, and it was no big deal.

It's simple logic. If you think these conflicts of interest are ok, it should never occur to you that you think the MSM should cover Biden. There's no story, according to your thinking.

You can't hit the MSM for covering Trump's conflicts of interest, and tell us that this is a non story that shouldn't be covered on one hand....

...and then a few weeks later, muse as to why the MSM isn't covering Biden. It's one or the other.

In other words, you should be happy the MSM isn't covering Biden's potential conflicts, because you think conflicts are ok, and a non-story.

In any event, what has kept Fox from running a full investigation? They're part of the MSM.. They can do whatever they want. They haven't. Why?

Because they're keeping their powder dry until 6 mo before the election, as I told you before.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:28 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:18 pm
You know why. You made fun of us pointing out Trump's conflicts. You told us you didn't care, and it was no big deal.

It's simple logic. If you think these conflicts of interest are ok, it should never occur to you that you think the MSM should cover Biden. There's no story, according to your thinking.

You can't hit the MSM for covering Trump's conflicts of interest, and tell us that this is a non story that shouldn't be covered on one hand....

...and then a few weeks later, muse as to why the MSM isn't covering Biden. It's one or the other.

In other words, you should be happy the MSM isn't covering Biden's potential conflicts, because you think conflicts are ok, and a non-story.

In any event, what has kept Fox from running a full investigation? They're part of the MSM.. They can do whatever they want. They haven't. Why?

Because they're keeping their powder dry until 6 mo before the election, as I told you before.
Trump & his family had their business dealings before he was a candidate. They did not expect to win.
Had Trump opened any new businesses after he was elected, I'd want them examined too.

The MSM should report the facts & let the voters decide if it's a conflict & if it matters.

Hunter got his business opportunities after his Dad was in office. They merit the same scrutiny that Trump & family dealings continue to receive. FNC not covering it ? How many times have they run Joe's sob clip ? Hannity's been all over it.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Speaking of Hannity and Fox News - just saw this on TalkingPointsMemo:

Report: Fox News Flails Amid Multiple Bombshells From Trump’s Ukraine Scandal

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fox- ... l-response

Fox management according to this is actually considering disaffiliating with Trump (with Paul Ryan now on Fox board recommending it) - even Hannity says to friends that the WB complaint is "really bad."
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 pm Trump & his family had their business dealings before he was a candidate. They did not expect to win.
Had Trump opened any new businesses after he was elected, I'd want them examined too.
So what? Dude. Will you please stop arranging the goalposts and then stand back and act like it's a coincidence that your
newly placed goalposts make Trump ok, but anyone with a D by their name not ok.

How dumb do you think I am? Maybe turn down the transparent partisanship three or four notches and try again.

Oh, these are "old businesses", "therefore" under old salt's new made up rules on ethics in government don't apply.

Where do you come up with this stuff?
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 pm The MSM should report the facts & let the voters decide if it's a conflict & if it matters.
Sigh. So now you have a new rule for ethics in governance. Private media has to cover conflicts of interest, and if voters care, they're supposed to do.....what, exactly?

Man. Nixon would LOVE your new rules. So would Blagojevich, for that matter. That dude must be watching this nonsense and wondering why he's in jail.
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 pm Hunter got his business opportunities after his Dad was in office. They merit the same scrutiny that Trump & family dealings continue to receive. FNC not covering it ? How many times have they run Joe's sob clip ? Hannity's been all over it.
Great. So the MSM IS covering it. What's the problem?

And I thought you said you didn't watch FoxNews? I'm lost.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 pm So you don't think the MSM should examine Hunter Biden's business dealing with the countries his VP Dad had influence over ?
If everything was legal, report it as such.
Report how much Hunter made, what he did to earn it & tell us why it was not a conflict of interest,
The same level of scrutiny that Trump & his family received.
Then the voter can decide if it matters.
Thank you. Been asking for this since Trump was elected and then dissected. TAATS after all ;)

Return to “POLITICS”