2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: 2020 Elections - Trump Fatigue Pandemic

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:16 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am Georgia politicians pretty much all suck (in loefflers case literally of her CEO of NYSE/ICE to get the money to buy Brian Kemp who in turn metaphorically sucked a lot to get his seat from a prior gig, Sec of St, which isn’t even elected in like 40 or more of the states). Purdue was weak, Price was corrupt a long time ago (see MiMedx). Abrams couldn’t beat a gimp and Bottoms, who’s done a nice job in this protest and shooting crisis barely beat a gimp (Norwood) and hasn’t don’t anything for the city (and I was put for that her very first act was to get her face plastered and a recorded message all over Hartsdield Airport-I’m very concerned she’s another superficial selfish person like formerly high prospect Kasim Reed).

I guess Demmings being nearby, Duckworth and the NM Gov along w maybe rice. Even all the transplants who drive the state economy and Atlanta don’t care for Cali still which makes Harris a tough sell. Lot of white collar FinTech plumbing (payment processing, consumer finance, credit reporting), attorneys, accountants and real estate professionals (Atlanta is a RE heavy town like every one that has growth and urban sprawl combined with a utter lack of any urban planning-there limited barrier to entry compared w the others and literally no zoning rules compared with developed cities more akin to a Dallas or Phoenix) who are pocketbook people. If Dems want Georgia they will need to do more than wait for it to come to them and put up a lame VP like Abrams (who while seemingly is a good person but for someone who lost the last election as mentioned seems way to thirsty to be handed a seat, super public about wanting it) or especially Liz Warren (whom I more or less loathe, represents the reason more moderate Republicans are hanging in IMO, she’s dishonest, parochial and condescending as someone who went from academia to politics I’d submit missed the real world altogether).

Klobuchar would probably be the best woman he could put up to win ga and if Pete B were on the table I think he could very likely swing the state. It’s unfortunate that there aren’t more qualified women which is a separate and bigger problem but just throwing a face and different parts at folks doesn’t cut it down here I’m pretty certain.

I have previously said that Amy K is perfectly acceptable to a guy like me. She's not some wacked-out Marxist like your party attracts too many of.

But she already said she will not accept. So she is out.

Joe is down to IMO Warren or Harris. Neither is bueno. Duckworth killed her chances this weekend when she said she would have no problem discussing removing statues of Washington and Jefferson; so dumb a virtue signal it hurts. Up to then, she was great.

Demmings is a wild card; you better hope she doesn't have skeletons in her closet. Bottoms i have no call on, but she isn't the worst.

Joe should never have said 'women only'. The easiest no-brainer pick of all time would have been Corey Booker.
Insisting I’m a democrat is just lying. Keep on being a liar, so selfish that you believe you can dictate who belongs in a party. Calling someone else a liar (TLD) while claiming you get down on your knees and work side by side while telling people you buy expensive hard assets without debt buy yet didn’t get by from daddy but rather whatever pull yourself up by your bootstraps story you’ve convinced yourself is true.

You must work in one of only 3 industries. Finance. Insurance. Real estate.

I can spot one a mile away with just one post.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

There are several who could be world's better than Trump or Pence, and I'm still a registered R.

With international stature, Rice is the clear heavyweight, but Biden has this covered (for now). I see her as Sec of State. But she's probably the person I'd feel could best step into the job day one if she had to. Yes, the Benghazi 'video' messaging is unfortunate, but come on, there's just no valid comparison with this Trump crew...easy choice for me. But she'd crush it at State from day one and clearly Biden has that on his mind.

Harris has the national stature, and would leave a safe Senate seat, so she might get the nod. Or the AG job. I'd be fine with her. The crazies on the hard right say she has skeletons, but I think she'd weather that just fine. Bring it.

Warren has the national stature, but Warren doesn't help with the 'of color' message and her move to the admin creates at least a challenge to maintain that seat, as there's a GOP Governor. I hear there's a way to force that to be Dem appointment, but it's an additional friction. Same for her at Treasury, but that's a possibility. I don't like her, but choosing her wouldn't stop me from pulling the lever to beat Trump. There's no doubt that she has the intellectual horsepower, but I really want the country to come together as much as possible and she tends to be a lightning rod.

Demmings is an interesting choice; doesn't have the international stature or even national nature of those above, but she's clearly got the chops and her personal story is quite interesting, she can speak 'blue'. Like Harris, I see her eating Pence for lunch on the debate stage and giving Trump absolute fits with all the 'white supremacy' and 'law and order' stuff. She's not the leftist boogeyman Trump appears to try to want to paint the Dems with, so right now she's my bet.

Abrams has enormous talents IMO, and should have a role, but I think she needs to win an election first. But I'd again not have an issue with choosing her despite her drawbacks, as I think she'd be fully capable of being far superior in the #1 job than Trump or Pence.

I think Bottoms is too green, but she too appears to have talent. She needs more time and attention so would be a risk.

I was disappointed by Tammy Duckworth this weekend. She'd be near untouchable as a candidate, but I just don't think she has the chops of some of these other gals. I could be wrong.

I hear that Grisham of Gov of New Mexico is a real talent, but I don't know enough yet.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am Georgia politicians pretty much all suck (in loefflers case literally of her CEO of NYSE/ICE to get the money to buy Brian Kemp who in turn metaphorically sucked a lot to get his seat from a prior gig, Sec of St, which isn’t even elected in like 40 or more of the states). Purdue was weak, Price was corrupt a long time ago (see MiMedx). Abrams couldn’t beat a gimp and Bottoms, who’s done a nice job in this protest and shooting crisis barely beat a gimp (Norwood) and hasn’t don’t anything for the city (and I was put for that her very first act was to get her face plastered and a recorded message all over Hartsdield Airport-I’m very concerned she’s another superficial selfish person like formerly high prospect Kasim Reed).

I guess Demmings being nearby, Duckworth and the NM Gov along w maybe rice. Even all the transplants who drive the state economy and Atlanta don’t care for Cali still which makes Harris a tough sell. Lot of white collar FinTech plumbing (payment processing, consumer finance, credit reporting), attorneys, accountants and real estate professionals (Atlanta is a RE heavy town like every one that has growth and urban sprawl combined with a utter lack of any urban planning-there limited barrier to entry compared w the others and literally no zoning rules compared with developed cities more akin to a Dallas or Phoenix) who are pocketbook people. If Dems want Georgia they will need to do more than wait for it to come to them and put up a lame VP like Abrams (who while seemingly is a good person but for someone who lost the last election as mentioned seems way to thirsty to be handed a seat, super public about wanting it) or especially Liz Warren (whom I more or less loathe, represents the reason more moderate Republicans are hanging in IMO, she’s dishonest, parochial and condescending as someone who went from academia to politics I’d submit missed the real world altogether).

Klobuchar would probably be the best woman he could put up to win ga and if Pete B were on the table I think he could very likely swing the state. It’s unfortunate that there aren’t more qualified women which is a separate and bigger problem but just throwing a face and different parts at folks doesn’t cut it down here I’m pretty certain.

I have previously said that Amy K is perfectly acceptable to a guy like me. She's not some wacked-out Marxist like your party attracts too many of.

Joe is down to IMO Warren or Harris. Neither is bueno. Duckworth killed her chances this weekend when she said she would have no problem discussing removing statues of Washington and Jefferson; so dumb a virtue signal it hurts. Up to then, she was great.

Demmings is a wild card; you better hope she doesn't have skeletons in her closet. Bottoms i have no call on, but she isn't the worst.

Joe should never have said 'women only'. The easiest no-brainer pick of all time would have been Corey Booker.
Insisting I’m a democrat is just lying. Keep on being a liar, so selfish that you believe you can dictate who belongs in a party. Calling someone else a liar (TLD) while claiming you get down on your knees and work side by side while telling people you buy expensive hard assets without debt buy yet didn’t get by from daddy but rather whatever pull yourself up by your bootstraps story you’ve convinced yourself is true.

So what Pete? Farfromgeneva has discussed what he does at much greater length and insight than you've told us about yours in the airline industry.

I never got the sense that he's a Dem, why suggest so?
dislaxxic

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by dislaxxic »

I'm wondering who Jim Clyburn favors for the VP job...he, after all, was the slingshot that propelled Creepy/Sleepy back when there was still a question...

He's been around long enough, and is clearly savvy enough, to realize the competing forces at play in this choice...it'd be interesting to hear his thoughts, IF he's giving them out at this point...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am

Guess what I spot??? Remind me of the rich douche bags who have family offices around Columbus, Thomasville and the low Ga SE islands (look up JAM Partners who isn’t as well capitalized as they present, Newt G is invoked with that group). Funny thing is Malthusian theory and the 3rd generation business owner failure rate are axioms that hold true to this day.

I guarantee I’ve worked harder and in most industries than you have. No doubt. It’s economic analysis, something your mind can’t handle - “stock market up so my inheritance money is doing great, I don’t know what people are concerned about”.

Of 2.56mm non farm employed in the Atlanta MSA (and there aren’t really any meaningful farms in the MSA) 476k are directly in construction, financial activities and hospitality. Nearly a quarter. Throw in another 595k in professional and business services (by the way companies like Experian, Can Capital, Kabbage, Greensky don’t count as financial activities, lot of tech related finance isn’t under finance w BLS) and a chunk of the 580k in trade, transportation and utilities end up being related to FIRE or law so now you have probably close to 50% of non farm (which again within the MSA is negligible) work in FIRE or related professional and technical services. The NYSE is frogging controlled by an Atlanta based company. It’s called math and all those jobs are held by folks with white collars and min college more likely advanced degrees for a large proportion.

Delta, Coke, UPS and the rest are of decreasing significance each and every day from a labor standpoint. I’m just grateful that Asa Candler donated 84ac for a park near my house a long time ago. Now people with Coke money just put it in real estate and fintech deals with their buddies from Westminster or one of the various super nice country clubs in the area. I’ve met the Cox sisters, been exposed to them all. The best ones don’t pretend that they didn’t get born into a great life and try to sell something untrue to others (desperately in some cases as w can see here).

(Not to mention owning airport hangars makes you a real estate person not in aviation oh clueless one, and...I referenced law as well-Atlanta is the regional HQ and capital of the south, Florida will never be that).
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am I'm wondering who Jim Clyburn favors for the VP job...he, after all, was the slingshot that propelled Creepy/Sleepy back when there was still a question...

He's been around long enough, and is clearly savvy enough, to realize the competing forces at play in this choice...it'd be interesting to hear his thoughts, IF he's giving them out at this point...

Good question. He was on axios the show recently so I don’t think he’s hiding out these days.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Maybe everything you wanted to know about Q-Anon but was afraid to ask:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ng/610567/

The Prophecies of Q

American conspiracy theories are entering a dangerous new phase.
If you were an adherent, no one would be able to tell. You would look like any other American. You could be a mother, picking leftovers off your toddler’s plate. You could be the young man in headphones across the street. You could be a bookkeeper, a dentist, a grandmother icing cupcakes in her kitchen. You may well have an affiliation with an evangelical church. But you are hard to identify just from the way you look—which is good, because someday soon dark forces may try to track you down. You understand this sounds crazy, but you don’t care. You know that a small group of manipulators, operating in the shadows, pull the planet’s strings. You know that they are powerful enough to abuse children without fear of retribution. You know that the mainstream media are their handmaidens, in partnership with Hillary Clinton and the secretive denizens of the deep state. You know that only Donald Trump stands between you and a damned and ravaged world. You see plague and pestilence sweeping the planet, and understand that they are part of the plan. You know that a clash between good and evil cannot be avoided, and you yearn for the Great Awakening that is coming. And so you must be on guard at all times. You must shield your ears from the scorn of the ignorant. You must find those who are like you. And you must be prepared to fight.

You know all this because you believe in Q.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am I'm wondering who Jim Clyburn favors for the VP job...he, after all, was the slingshot that propelled Creepy/Sleepy back when there was still a question...

Good question. He was on axios the show recently so I don’t think he’s hiding out these days.
From a story a few weeks back:

One adviser told us when we asked who the V.P. pick would be: "Whoever Jim Clyburn wants it to be."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:01 am There are several who could be world's better than Trump or Pence, and I'm still a registered R.

With international stature, Rice is the clear heavyweight, but Biden has this covered (for now). I see her as Sec of State. But she's probably the person I'd feel could best step into the job day one if she had to. Yes, the Benghazi 'video' messaging is unfortunate, but come on, there's just no valid comparison with this Trump crew...easy choice for me. But she'd crush it at State from day one and clearly Biden has that on his mind.

Harris has the national stature, and would leave a safe Senate seat, so she might get the nod. Or the AG job. I'd be fine with her. The crazies on the hard right say she has skeletons, but I think she'd weather that just fine. Bring it.

Warren has the national stature, but Warren doesn't help with the 'of color' message and her move to the admin creates at least a challenge to maintain that seat, as there's a GOP Governor. I hear there's a way to force that to be Dem appointment, but it's an additional friction. Same for her at Treasury, but that's a possibility. I don't like her, but choosing her wouldn't stop me from pulling the lever to beat Trump. There's no doubt that she has the intellectual horsepower, but I really want the country to come together as much as possible and she tends to be a lightning rod.

Demmings is an interesting choice; doesn't have the international stature or even national nature of those above, but she's clearly got the chops and her personal story is quite interesting, she can speak 'blue'. Like Harris, I see her eating Pence for lunch on the debate stage and giving Trump absolute fits with all the 'white supremacy' and 'law and order' stuff. She's not the leftist boogeyman Trump appears to try to want to paint the Dems with, so right now she's my bet.

Abrams has enormous talents IMO, and should have a role, but I think she needs to win an election first. But I'd again not have an issue with choosing her despite her drawbacks, as I think she'd be fully capable of being far superior in the #1 job than Trump or Pence.

I think Bottoms is too green, but she too appears to have talent. She needs more time and attention so would be a risk.

I was disappointed by Tammy Duckworth this weekend. She'd be near untouchable as a candidate, but I just don't think she has the chops of some of these other gals. I could be wrong.

I hear that Grisham of Gov of New Mexico is a real talent, but I don't know enough yet.
"But she'd crush it at State from day one and clearly Biden has that on his mind."

She sure would. If Biden needs to send out a sacrificial lamb to sell what lie needs to be told... Heeeeeeeeeeeeres Suzie. She is a good soldier, she will jump on any hand grenade for Biden just like she did for Obama. The woman has no shame or integrity left. Now that I think about it, she would have fit in nicely in trumps administration. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:01 am There are several who could be world's better than Trump or Pence, and I'm still a registered R.

"But she'd crush it at State from day one and clearly Biden has that on his mind."

She sure would. If Biden needs to send out a sacrificial lamb to sell what lie needs to be told... Heeeeeeeeeeeeres Suzie. She is a good soldier, she will jump on any hand grenade for Biden just like she did for Obama. The woman has no shame or integrity left. Now that I think about it, she would have fit in nicely in trumps administration. :D

What was that fangirl drivel MD wrote?! I was going to ask you if it was a parody of a kooky Dem but you took it seriously enough that I now think MD posted it unironically. Trump has wrecked people.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:22 pm

What was that fangirl drivel MD wrote?! I was going to ask you if it was a parody of a kooky Dem but you took it seriously enough that I now think MD posted it unironically. Trump has wrecked people.
I do know that MD has to be one of only a small handful of lifelong republicans that could possibly have a man crush on Susan Rice. Experience she has in bunches, integrity and honesty she has none. What the hell, honesty and integrity are over rated virtues in Washington DC anyway. After trump and all his people she might come across as a breath of fresh air. That is until reality sets in and you realize just who it is that is lying to you now. It would be deja vu all over again. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's OK Cradle, that's just your Benghazi Derangement Syndrome creeping up on you...tell us, what ELSE do you know about the life and times of Susan Rice? What OTHER things has she done in government?

I know, i know, none of that means a ratsazz to you cause "you know people"...

or not...

How them snap peas coming along?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, we do disagree on this re Rice.
I thought they should have reversed course much, much faster on the video story, but I think they actually believed it to be true in those early moments when Rice went on TV, and then believed that it was at least partly true thereafter.

To me, the 'integrity' mistake was not so much getting it wrong those first days of 'fog', it was not saying so as soon as they figured out that the attack was far more organized, not a spontaneous attack. Now, do I blame that on Rice???

But there's zero comparison re integrity relative to the Trumpist crew...it's not remotely close.

So, when I hear someone get all twisted up on this re Rice, I just gotta say that if you actually care about integrity, you'd do everything in your power to toss the current bum out of office as well as all of his incompetent, dishonest sycophants.

That said, speaking solely in terms of political analysis, I'm not sure Biden wants that battle in this campaign. Naming her Secretary of State will be far less politically fraught. Very, very competent.

But yeah, if you ask me who I think is actually more honest, Rice or Pompeo...easy call, Pompeo's proven again and again to be a liar. And a sycophant. Not as 'incompetent' as some of the other Trumpists, but he's participated in decimating the US' moral suasion, soft power, in the international community and he's participated in crushing morale at State.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 am

From a story a few weeks back:

One adviser told us when we asked who the V.P. pick would be: "Whoever Jim Clyburn wants it to be."
… makes a nice joke, but I am not so sure. I suspect Clyburn is ok with a lot of people on the list, and I don't think he is insisting on AA.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 pm Well, we do disagree on this re Rice.
I thought they should have reversed course much, much faster on the video story, but I think they actually believed it to be true in those early moments when Rice went on TV, and then believed that it was at least partly true thereafter.

To me, the 'integrity' mistake was not so much getting it wrong those first days of 'fog', it was not saying so as soon as they figured out that the attack was far more organized, not a spontaneous attack. Now, do I blame that on Rice???

But there's zero comparison re integrity relative to the Trumpist crew...it's not remotely close.

So, when I hear someone get all twisted up on this re Rice, I just gotta say that if you actually care about integrity, you'd do everything in your power to toss the current bum out of office as well as all of his incompetent, dishonest sycophants.

That said, speaking solely in terms of political analysis, I'm not sure Biden wants that battle in this campaign. Naming her Secretary of State will be far less politically fraught. Very, very competent.

But yeah, if you ask me who I think is actually more honest, Rice or Pompeo...easy call, Pompeo's proven again and again to be a liar. And a sycophant. Not as 'incompetent' as some of the other Trumpists, but he's participated in decimating the US' moral suasion, soft power, in the international community and he's participated in crushing morale at State.
… funny thing about Pompeo, I am actually surprised. Didn't hate him, didn't / don't agree with much of his NS position, but never saw him as a toadie. Thought he would be his own man. He turned out to be a sycophant's sycophant. He may actually be the worst of the lot. Sniveling, whiney, excuse maker and apologist for Trump. Harvard should pull his degree / his wife divorce him and kids renounce him - he is an embarrassment to be associated with. Worthless lump of protoplasm.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:22 pm

I do know that MD has to be one of only a small handful of lifelong republicans that could possibly have a man crush on Susan Rice. Experience she has in bunches, integrity and honesty she has none. What the hell, honesty and integrity are over rated virtues in Washington DC anyway. After trump and all his people she might come across as a breath of fresh air. That is until reality sets in and you realize just who it is that is lying to you now. It would be deja vu all over again. :D

Rice isn't the worst, but like too may Democrats, will do nothing to halt the Marxist evisceration of American history that the Left now demands. I don't even know if I'd call her unethical, but I certainly wouldn't post a fangirl screed about how wonderful she is.

Her son was the head of the Stanford College Republicans and quite the MAGA guy for a while.
ggait

Post by ggait »

GMAFB.

Joe has binders full of standard issue, normal human being, experienced people that he can/will appoint to his cabinet.

Every single one of them will be a major upgrade to the current shirt show -- Javanka, the Mooch, Omorosa, Betsy DeVos, a couple dozen Fox News talking heads, 97 unqualified interim appointees, and 1,000 vacant positions. And, of course, Bill Barr -- the absolute worst of the lot. Because unlike the others, he isn't incompetent -- just scary evil.

The next SOS will probably be Susan Rice or Tom Donilon, both former NSC directors for Obama. Nothing really unique about either of them -- just typical Deep Staters who are qualified for their positions. I know -- crazy concept!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am I'm wondering who Jim Clyburn favors for the VP job...
This is what he said on April 29:
“I think having a woman on the ticket is a must,” the No. 3 House Democrat said in an interview with NBC News. “I’m among those who feel that it would be great for him to select a woman of color. But that is not a must.”

“I think that he should be informed in this decision by the vetting and the polling. And I think he should be guided by his head and his heart,” Clyburn added.

Clyburn has shared with Biden’s team a list of preferred selections, according to a source familiar with the interactions between Clyburn and the campaign, and reminded them of how the right African American woman could galvanize the party.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... s-n1194926
CU77

Post by CU77 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 pm Well, we do disagree on this re Rice.
That said, speaking solely in terms of political analysis, I'm not sure Biden wants that battle in this campaign.
This. Rice as VP candidate in 2020 would be a mistake almost as big as HRC as POTUS candidate was in 2016.

Rice, like HRC, has sustained too much damage from enemy fire to be viable. Whether that damage is fair or unfair is irrelevant. Ignore it, and you will have Trump Term 2 to put up on the shelf next to Trump Term 1.

Return to “POLITICS”