Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB... Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
That's what I observe, MD. There's a spectrum of 3-dimensionality where some more left-leaning posters point a finger at Republicans and conservatives more than others and, on occasion, see a flat, 2-dimensional world but, on the whole, people point at real, 3-dimensional things and spread the blame around. More here than there but, on the whole, it's not a knee-jerk, Democrats again! For example, you point at Trump. And, if you were to talk more about Trump than some other person it'd be because... Trump is the POTUS. i.e. Trump is earning his ire from you. As opposed to anything goes wrong and you saying, Darn Trump! For some, every issue is because of... The Dems! Without exception, over and over. Dems! Which is fine except... It's not real. It's a 2-dimensional, fictional, flat story. Scapegoats are comforting, make the world less scary. i.e. Having good guys wear white hats and bad guys wear black hats helps many to sleep at night. But it's not real. There are plenty of bad guys wearing white hats, good guys wearing black hats. To point that... The hats are all but irrelevant.
Yup, Trump is POTUS. Thus...

I didn't much care for him pre POTUS, knew he was a sleaze bag, a blowhard, a cheat etc, but it sure wasn't worth my attention or time.

But as POTUS, he matters. And so do his minions, the scoundrels, the goons, the cultists that have come out from under their rocks to cheer him on, to feed on his backwash.

When he goes, hopefully ignominiously, we may have some restoration of civility, and if not, those who feed the anger and division for political or financial gain will receive what ire I can muster. Left, right, doesn't matter. Until then, though, Trump swamps all else in that regard.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 pm Peter, serious question. Do you ever pause and think, Wow, I use Democrats as scapegoats a LOT!

Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?

The reason I list incidents involving Democrats is to point directly to why that Party is fundamentally at odds with what America is.

If on the other hand you feel that rioting, looting, racial discord, class warfare, book burning, speech suppression, and lack of due process is who we are, then maybe they're more American than me!
Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB.

And none of your list is shared by me, nor, from their posts, anyone else in your enemies list above, as representative of "who we are".

Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
MD, have you publicly repented on this forum for having been a Nixon/Agnew guy? You desperately need absolution from the die hard FLP folks on this forum. If it were not for trump your POTUS preference would make you a much hated and loathsome creature on this forum. I'm not sure what the FLP folks would demand of you for your penance. I am sure it will be very ugly.
don't cry for me, cradletina

The truth is I never left you.

I kept my promise.

Frankly I really don't care what far left or far right folks think of me or my 'moderate conservative' views, though I'd prefer to engage in actual discussion of ideas rather than tribal cultism.
Hee hee hee, you still have some Nixon/Agnew guilt. :D I kept my promise and I wont keep my distance. BTW, cradletina shows me some creativeness on your part, I'm impressed. ;)
A compliment from you is to be cherished. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am don't cry for me, cradletina

I kept my promise.
:lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 pm Peter, serious question. Do you ever pause and think, Wow, I use Democrats as scapegoats a LOT!

Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?

The reason I list incidents involving Democrats is to point directly to why that Party is fundamentally at odds with what America is.

If on the other hand you feel that rioting, looting, racial discord, class warfare, book burning, speech suppression, and lack of due process is who we are, then maybe they're more American than me!
Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB.

And none of your list is shared by me, nor, from their posts, anyone else in your enemies list above, as representative of "who we are".

Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
MD, have you publicly repented on this forum for having been a Nixon/Agnew guy? You desperately need absolution from the die hard FLP folks on this forum. If it were not for trump your POTUS preference would make you a much hated and loathsome creature on this forum. I'm not sure what the FLP folks would demand of you for your penance. I am sure it will be very ugly.
don't cry for me, cradletina

I kept my promise.

Frankly I really don't care what far left or far right folks think of me or my 'moderate conservative' views, though I'd prefer to engage in actual discussion of ideas rather than tribal cultism.
Hee hee hee, you still have some Nixon/Agnew guilt. :D I kept my promise and I wont keep my distance. BTW, cradletina shows me some creativeness on your part, I'm impressed. ;)
A compliment from you is to be cherished. ;)
Well deserved it was... ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am Yup, Trump is POTUS. Thus... When he goes, hopefully ignominiously, we may have some restoration of civility, and if not, those who feed the anger and division for political or financial gain will receive what ire I can muster. Left, right, doesn't matter. Until then, though, Trump swamps all else in that regard.
Pre-POTUS, he was disgusting. On so many levels. So disgusting that that he became POTUS is surreal. and the only thing more surreal is that people revere him. Politicians and otherwise. It's beyond words. Literally surreal.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:43 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am Yup, Trump is POTUS. Thus... When he goes, hopefully ignominiously, we may have some restoration of civility, and if not, those who feed the anger and division for political or financial gain will receive what ire I can muster. Left, right, doesn't matter. Until then, though, Trump swamps all else in that regard.
Pre-POTUS, he was disgusting. On so many levels. So disgusting that that he became POTUS is surreal. and the only thing more surreal is that people revere him. Politicians and otherwise. It's beyond words. Literally surreal.

I disagree that 'so many people' revere Trump, at least not people a lacrosse fan will ever run into, unless you live in the South or Mountain states. Most of his supporters support the concept of him, but not him personally. They like that he appears to fight this leviathan known as the government, at least that part of government which exists to take away your rights.

Most sane people want to live peacefully and determine their own course in life. Most Democrats want to control you. This is not hard to understand, but for some reason it escapes Democrats: sane people do not want to be told what to do. Democrats want to be told what to do; they also want to be the ones telling you; Democrats also harbor great resentment at doers. That explains cancel culture. This is a fundamental life issue, and explains why American taxpayers do not like the Democratic Party.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PB, this post is a good example. Do you not see a marked difference between your first and second paragraphs? The first I don't 100% agree with but at least it's 3-dimensional, real. The second is "Most Democrats want to control you... Democrats want to be told what to do; they also want to be the ones telling you; Democrats also harbor great resentment at doers... American taxpayers do not like the Democratic Party." Dramatically different. You paint Dems as a caricature. It's just not real...
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB... Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
That's what I observe, MD. There's a spectrum of 3-dimensionality where some more left-leaning posters point a finger at Republicans and conservatives more than others and, on occasion, see a flat, 2-dimensional world but, on the whole, people point at real, 3-dimensional things and spread the blame around. More here than there but, on the whole, it's not a knee-jerk, Democrats again! For example, you point at Trump. And, if you were to talk more about Trump than some other person it'd be because... Trump is the POTUS. i.e. Trump is earning his ire from you. As opposed to anything goes wrong and you saying, Darn Trump! For some, every issue is because of... The Dems! Without exception, over and over. Dems! Which is fine except... It's not real. It's a 2-dimensional, fictional, flat story. Scapegoats are comforting, make the world less scary. i.e. Having good guys wear white hats and bad guys wear black hats helps many to sleep at night. But it's not real. There are plenty of bad guys wearing white hats, good guys wearing black hats. To point that... The hats are all but irrelevant.

I didn't much care for him pre POTUS, knew he was a sleaze bag, a blowhard, a cheat etc, but it sure wasn't worth my attention or time.

But as POTUS, he matters. And so do his minions, the scoundrels, the goons, the cultists that have come out from under their rocks to cheer him on, to feed on his backwash.

When he goes, hopefully ignominiously, we may have some restoration of civility, and if not, those who feed the anger and division for political or financial gain will receive what ire I can muster. Left, right, doesn't matter. Until then, though, Trump swamps all else in that regard.
You know I think in the end this episode with Trump will bring some good. We will likely see a period of civility and cooperation between real republicans (not Trumpnista culture warrior clowns) and democrats, addressing real issues. You see it today in the cooperation in defeating the one who must not be named, a disagreement over some issues, but at the same time a recognition of respect and love of country on the part of the other. I am hopeful.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am

You know I think in the end this episode with Trump will bring some good. We will likely see a period of civility and cooperation between real republicans (not Trumpnista culture warrior clowns) and democrats, addressing real issues. You see it today in the cooperation in defeating the one who must not be named, a disagreement over some issues, but at the same time a recognition of respect and love of country on the part of the other. I am hopeful.

INANIMATE OBJECT - ANIMATE OBJECT 2020

MANA
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm PB, this post is a good example. Do you not see a marked difference between your first and second paragraphs? The first I don't 100% agree with but at least it's 3-dimensional, real. The second is "Most Democrats want to control you... Democrats want to be told what to do; they also want to be the ones telling you; Democrats also harbor great resentment at doers... American taxpayers do not like the Democratic Party." Dramatically different. You paint Dems as a caricature. It's just not real...

It's as real as it gets. The sane Democrats are a dwindling minority in their party. Karen Bass was (is?) a full-throated Communist and is being considered for VP. Square that up for us.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PB, you say, "Democrats want to be told what to do... Democrats also harbor great resentment at doers" and, at the same time, a huge percentage of the most important entrepreneurs in america, including within the digital world, are Dems. It's an over-the-top, black-and-white, simply-untrue statement. While your comment about Trump, much more reasonable. Your vitriol about Dems aside, I don't understand why it needs to be based on untruths.
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No name calling. More subtlety, nuance and truth from you, eh?

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm PB, you say, "Democrats want to be told what to do... Democrats also harbor great resentment at doers" and, at the same time, a huge percentage of the most important entrepreneurs in america, including within the digital world, are Dems. It's an over-the-top, black-and-white, simply-untrue statement. While your comment about Trump, much more reasonable. Your vitriol about Dems aside, I don't understand why it needs to be based on untruths.

The 'important' entrepreneurs you refer to are held hostage by the Leftist mob; the Left eats its own and will eat any business leader regardless of their attempts to out-woke the mob. REI and Patagonia are two of the 'woker' firms out there with very visible CEO's all proclaiming their inherent wokeness: what thanks did they get, their stores were looted anyway.

https://footwearnews.com/2020/business/ ... 202998501/

We have witnessed cities being torn apart by agitators, all from one party. One party demands that we defund the police. One party wishes to burn American flags as expression for their disgust with that country. We could go on here for hours about how much the Left does things that are against American civility and success. Where else pray does one turn to to determine culpability for such behavior?

Republicans are quite sane in comparison. They embrace America. They don't burn shi!. They don't loot stores. They don't hide behind masks and helmets when they battle. Comparatively speaking, they don't go around and murder innocent civilians as seen in Chicago, Baltimore, and so on. Heck, they don't even shoot Congressional baseball teams.

What possible attraction could any sane human have to a party which is so solidly against what makes America great?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Kram,
Are you offended because you think you're one of those "Trumpnista culture warrior clowns"??

Is that how you self-identify?

Petey keeps telling us there aren't any Trumpists (my term for Trump-cult members and apologists) on these threads. He's delusional, but that's our Petey.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PB: Some Dems do A, B, and C. Not Dems. Much like some blacks do D, some Jews do E, and some gays do F. This doesn't translate to, Blacks do D.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 pmYou know I think in the end this episode with Trump will bring some good. We will likely see a period of civility and cooperation between real republicans (not Trumpnista culture warrior clowns) and democrats, addressing real issues. You see it today in the cooperation in defeating the one who must not be named, a disagreement over some issues, but at the same time a recognition of respect and love of country on the part of the other. I am hopeful.
I have little to no doubt. We're seeing this happen already. It's like the alcoholic man who gets a DWI, his wife leaves him, his kids won't talk to him, and, though awful, this is exactly what needs to happen before he finally has that aha moment stops drinking.
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Kram,
Are you offended because you think you're one of those "Trumpnista culture warrior clowns"??

Petey keeps telling us there aren't any Trumpists (my term for Trump-cult members and apologists) on these threads. He's delusional, but that's our Petey.
No, not offended, nor do I self identify. I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not a huge fan. Just harkening JHU back to a previous conversation the two of us had.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:47 pm

Kram,

No, not offended, nor do I self identify. I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not a huge fan. Just harkening JHU back to a previous conversation the two of us had.
I didn't have you in my Trumpist column either, which is why I was surprised that you keep repeating this.

You keep repeating the same phraseology as if 72 is actually out of line in his descriptors. Seems to be his description is appropriate as distinguishable from the group of GOP folks who are not such "culture warrior clowns".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Kram,

I didn't have you in my Trumpist column either, which is why I was surprised that you keep repeating this.

You keep repeating the same phraseology as if 72 is actually out of line in his descriptors. Seems to be his description is appropriate as distinguishable from the group of GOP folks who are not such "culture warrior clowns".

Still looking for MD to identify the Trumpista's he sees around every post corner. Might be as elusive as that Russiagate thing...maybe Chris Steele has some old buddies who can help here too! :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Kram,

Still looking for MD to identify the Trumpista's he sees around every post corner. Might be as elusive as that Russiagate thing...maybe Chris Steele has some old buddies who can help here too! :lol:

You are a prime example Petey, all hate the Dems all the time, you and your "real Americans"- the proud to be called redneck pals, while giving Trumpy a pass across the board, and for good measure your Trumpist governor.

Return to “POLITICS”