Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:14 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:35 pm What a country. And the dems are doing so well with it.

Minneapolis Police informed residents of the city’s embattled 3rd Precinct to prepare for the giving up of their personal belongings to potential robbers and advised them to do as criminals say for their own safety.

According to a July 28 email the Minneapolis Police Department offered “prevention tips” to residents hoping to avoid being a victim of the skyrocketing cases of robbery and carjacking that have plagued the city since George Floyd’s death in May.

“Robberies and Carjacking’s [sic] have increased in our Precinct,” the email begins. “Cell phones, purses, and vehicles are being targeted. Some victims have been maced, dragged, assaulted, and some threatened with a gun. Most of these crimes have occurred north of 42nd St. E. 100 Robberies and 20 Carjackings have been reported to 3rd Precinct Police in July alone. Downtown and Southwest Minneapolis have seen an increase as well. We want those who live and work here to be safe!”

The email goes on to list several tips that citizens can supposedly use to protect themselves, which includes letting criminals have what they want:

Do not walk alone
Be hyper-aware of your surroundings at all times – pay attention!
Carry only items you need, and carry less cash
Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet
Have keys already in your hand as you approach your car
Despite all our efforts, robberies may still occur! Do not argue or fight with the criminal. Do as they say. Your safety is most important!
… like these warnings are something new. Never happened before, anywhere , anytime, and certainly not in a city with a republican major. :roll:

... more republican dumb ass-ism.

You know, JHU72, as you belittle the heightened dangers of cities now as Democrat mayors side with anarchists, untold number of people who need to get to work, who like to work, no longer feel safe getting to work. More often than not, these are young ladies of color, of faith, honest people, scared to travel because the cities they live in are no longer safe. This is the real life results you diminish because Orange Man Bad. Disgusting.

YAWN. More blowhard bloviation.
What else is the liberal progressive bloviator going to do but reduce dangerous civil unrest, violence, 100's millions in small business losses, and rising criminality—due to negligence of liberal progressive mayors and governors—to republican dumbass-ism.

Minneapolis looks like Beirut in the 70's. Good on you dems.

The muslims living in minneapolis wanted it to seem more like home I guess.
… we both know your agenda here, and it has absolutely nothing to do with police "heightened awareness" warnings. :roll:
That's exactly what I posted. Your the one that tried to reduce real threats to civil society it to mere dumbass-ism
:lol: you reduced it to pure dumbass-ism by prefacing the warning.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm The muslims living in minneapolis wanted it to seem more like home I guess.
In a thread about racism no less...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Crime is exploding in cities all across America as leftists hassle police. This is what occurred in Baltimore when the DA and Mayor turned on their force.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... us-cities/

Crime disproportionately affects people of color. Rethink supporting Democrats.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter, serious question. Do you ever pause and think, Wow, I use Democrats as scapegoats a LOT!
Caddy Day
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:14 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:35 pm What a country. And the dems are doing so well with it.

Minneapolis Police informed residents of the city’s embattled 3rd Precinct to prepare for the giving up of their personal belongings to potential robbers and advised them to do as criminals say for their own safety.

According to a July 28 email the Minneapolis Police Department offered “prevention tips” to residents hoping to avoid being a victim of the skyrocketing cases of robbery and carjacking that have plagued the city since George Floyd’s death in May.

“Robberies and Carjacking’s [sic] have increased in our Precinct,” the email begins. “Cell phones, purses, and vehicles are being targeted. Some victims have been maced, dragged, assaulted, and some threatened with a gun. Most of these crimes have occurred north of 42nd St. E. 100 Robberies and 20 Carjackings have been reported to 3rd Precinct Police in July alone. Downtown and Southwest Minneapolis have seen an increase as well. We want those who live and work here to be safe!”

The email goes on to list several tips that citizens can supposedly use to protect themselves, which includes letting criminals have what they want:

Do not walk alone
Be hyper-aware of your surroundings at all times – pay attention!
Carry only items you need, and carry less cash
Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet
Have keys already in your hand as you approach your car
Despite all our efforts, robberies may still occur! Do not argue or fight with the criminal. Do as they say. Your safety is most important!
… like these warnings are something new. Never happened before, anywhere , anytime, and certainly not in a city with a republican major. :roll:

... more republican dumb ass-ism.

You know, JHU72, as you belittle the heightened dangers of cities now as Democrat mayors side with anarchists, untold number of people who need to get to work, who like to work, no longer feel safe getting to work. More often than not, these are young ladies of color, of faith, honest people, scared to travel because the cities they live in are no longer safe. This is the real life results you diminish because Orange Man Bad. Disgusting.

YAWN. More blowhard bloviation.
What else is the liberal progressive bloviator going to do but reduce dangerous civil unrest, violence, 100's millions in small business losses, and rising criminality—due to negligence of liberal progressive mayors and governors—to republican dumbass-ism.

Minneapolis looks like Beirut in the 70's. Good on you dems.

The muslims living in minneapolis wanted it to seem more like home I guess.
… we both know your agenda here, and it has absolutely nothing to do with police "heightened awareness" warnings. :roll:
That's exactly what I posted. Your the one that tried to reduce real threats to civil society it to mere dumbass-ism
Why are 6ft and Pete whining about these deaths? You already told us that 150k dead is no big deal when it comes to Covid. Who cares, life is hard, people die from the flu all the time.

So stop whining about a bunch of murders. No one cares. Least of all, you two.
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pmDo you know how many kids die from the flu in America every year?

How about, do you know many kids die in automobile accidents every year in the US?

Do you kvetch about the flu when it kills hundreds of kids every year?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:52 pm Crime is exploding in cities all across America as leftists hassle police. This is what occurred in Baltimore when the DA and Mayor turned on their force.

Did you even read the article you referenced there cracker? It doesn't say what you think it says. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 pm Peter, serious question. Do you ever pause and think, Wow, I use Democrats as scapegoats a LOT!

Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?

The reason I list incidents involving Democrats is to point directly to why that Party is fundamentally at odds with what America is.

If on the other hand you feel that rioting, looting, racial discord, class warfare, book burning, speech suppression, and lack of due process is who we are, then maybe they're more American than me!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:52 pm Crime is exploding in cities all across America as leftists hassle police. This is what occurred in Baltimore when the DA and Mayor turned on their force.

Did you even read the article you referenced there cracker? It doesn't say what you think it says. :lol:

You should keep cheering higher crime rates in cities run by Democrats.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Cry me a bleeding heart river... :roll: Anybody can claim anything, that does not make it true. IMO the correct thing to do is wait until all claims have been investigated. I would think the smartest person on this forum would understand that. I need to correct that. The self proclaimed smartest person on this forum. Actual understanding of the content of what is written by Mr self proclaimed proves other wise. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 pm Peter, serious question. Do you ever pause and think, Wow, I use Democrats as scapegoats a LOT!

Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?

The reason I list incidents involving Democrats is to point directly to why that Party is fundamentally at odds with what America is.

If on the other hand you feel that rioting, looting, racial discord, class warfare, book burning, speech suppression, and lack of due process is who we are, then maybe they're more American than me!
Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB.

And none of your list is shared by me, nor, from their posts, anyone else in your enemies list above, as representative of "who we are".

Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 am Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?
Other posters, including the posters you mentioned above, bad mouth Trump as well as other specific politicians, Conservatives, Republicans as well as liberals, Democrats, Libertarians, CEOs as well as etc. And, sometimes, they discuss issues as they relate to issues and leave it at that with no finger pointing at people at all. With you, a high percentage of your posts involve a scapegoat and, when there's a scapegoat, it's consistently a Democrat. Do you really believe that the problems of the world are so us and them, so black and white, and so specific to political party? And do you really believe that the problems are so one-sided?
Caddy Day
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am

Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB.

And none of your list is shared by me, nor, from their posts, anyone else in your enemies list above, as representative of "who we are".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MD, have you publicly repented on this forum for having been a Nixon/Agnew guy? You desperately need absolution from the die hard FLP folks on this forum. If it were not for trump your POTUS preference would make you a much hated and loathsome creature on this forum. I'm not sure what the FLP folks would demand of you for your penance. I am sure it will be very ugly.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am Just to be clear, I'm a Republican, never before voted D for President in 40 years of voting each cycle. And I don't ever recall scapegoating Republicans, indeed my current ire is reserved for Trump and Trumpist clowns and goons, the D-hating cult of which you are a member PB... Go troll the dark web. You'll feel better.
That's what I observe, MD. There's a spectrum of 3-dimensionality where some more left-leaning posters point a finger at Republicans and conservatives more than others and, on occasion, see a flat, 2-dimensional world but, on the whole, people point at real, 3-dimensional things and spread the blame around. More here than there but, on the whole, it's not a knee-jerk, Democrats again! For example, you point at Trump. And, if you were to talk more about Trump than some other person it'd be because... Trump is the POTUS. i.e. Trump is earning his ire from you. As opposed to anything goes wrong and you saying, Darn Trump! For some, every issue is because of... The Dems! Without exception, over and over. Dems! Which is fine except... It's not real. It's a 2-dimensional, fictional, flat story. Scapegoats are comforting, make the world less scary. i.e. Having good guys wear white hats and bad guys wear black hats helps many to sleep at night. But it's not real. There are plenty of bad guys wearing white hats, good guys wearing black hats. To point that... The hats are all but irrelevant.
Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:25 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 am Do you ever pause and think, wow, DocB, Brook, MDlax, Kismet, JHU72, CU77, and several others use Republicans as scapegoats a LOT? Or is it only relevant when one conservative does it?
Other posters, including the posters you mentioned above, bad mouth Trump as well as other specific politicians, Conservatives, Republicans as well as liberals, Democrats, Libertarians, CEOs as well as etc. And, sometimes, they discuss issues as they relate to issues and leave it at that with no finger pointing at people at all. With you, a high percentage of your posts involve a scapegoat and, when there's a scapegoat, it's consistently a Democrat. Do you really believe that the problems of the world are so us and them, so black and white, and so specific to political party? And do you really believe that the problems are so one-sided?

Yes. Most of the world's problems can be laid at the feet of those who are leftists.

Next?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Your juvenile, uninformed, emotional vitriol for DeSantis is emblematic of a guy who's clearly no Republican and certainly no conservative; the glaring corollary is your refusal to say anything negative about people who actually do have high death counts like Cuomo and Murphy.

You call Old Salt a 'Trumpist'. There's literally not one Trumpist on this board but you see them whenever someone refuses to filet the guy 24/7. :lol:

By cheering on the Democratic Party as you do, there's no alternative than to believe you're fine with rioting, looting, book burning, speech suppression, cancel culture, and racial discord. What else would a sentient human being take away from an inexcusable affiliation with the Democratic Party?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am

MD, have you publicly repented on this forum for having been a Nixon/Agnew guy? You desperately need absolution from the die hard FLP folks on this forum. If it were not for trump your POTUS preference would make you a much hated and loathsome creature on this forum. I'm not sure what the FLP folks would demand of you for your penance. I am sure it will be very ugly.
don't cry for me, cradletina

The truth is I never left you.

I kept my promise.

Frankly I really don't care what far left or far right folks think of me or my 'moderate conservative' views, though I'd prefer to engage in actual discussion of ideas rather than tribal cultism.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 am

Your juvenile, uninformed, emotional vitriol for DeSantis is emblematic of a guy who's clearly no Republican and certainly no conservative; the glaring corollary is your refusal to say anything negative about people who actually do have high death counts like Cuomo and Murphy.

You call Old Salt a 'Trumpist'. There's literally not one Trumpist on this board but you see them whenever someone refuses to filet the guy 24/7. :lol:

By cheering on the Democratic Party as you do, there's no alternative than to believe you're fine with rioting, looting, book burning, speech suppression, cancel culture, and racial discord. What else would a sentient human being take away from an inexcusable affiliation with the Democratic Party?
Silliness. The dark web is calling.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am

don't cry for me, cradletina

The truth is I never left you.

I kept my promise.

Frankly I really don't care what far left or far right folks think of me or my 'moderate conservative' views, though I'd prefer to engage in actual discussion of ideas rather than tribal cultism.
Hee hee hee, you still have some Nixon/Agnew guilt. :D I kept my promise and I wont keep my distance. BTW, cradletina shows me some creativeness on your part, I'm impressed. ;) It looks like on occasions, moderate republicans can think outside the box.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”