Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by runrussellrun »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:50 pm Bob Mueller is rightly regarded as an American hero & for good reason.
This is painful to watch. It's not right to put him in this position.
If these hearings are supposed to be the movie, rather than the book,
then the movie is Weekend at Bernies.
To all of our liberal friends, you should stop digging. This is a dry well. Just look at Schiff's countenance. Even he knows it's over.

Salt, you're a good dude but you're wrong about Mueller. He is a dirty cop. He let men rot in jail to protect Whitey Bulger. He wrongly went after Richard Jewell for the Atlanta bombings. Can we talk about the Anthrax ordeal? In addition, no scrupulous attorney would have allowed the word "exoneration" to get anywhere near his report, knowing that it's not only not legal theory, but it's a loaded word with political implications.
Didn't Teddy K. go to UVA Law school?...hmmmmmmm, I wonder :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

LandM wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:10 pm afan,
This was a sad day for this country IMHO. Mueller looked worse then my 86 year older mother and her memory is twice as sharp as what I saw today. Before these hearings no one was gonna change their minds, after these hearings no one is gonna change their minds......it is time that Schiff and Nadler quit wasting the taxpayer dollar, put the time, energy and money into 2020 - but I have to say Joe is looking awful slow. To me it was a sad day as nothing got accomplished IMHO.

Mueller did not try to indict NOT because of some silly rules but because he was not confident a group of your peers would have found Trump guilty IMO. My spouse is a retired 35 year NY State management confidential employee. She would ask me the business owner what I would do - example, a driver rolls a $150,000 snow-plow - destroyed - I said fire him, nope a letter in his file for 90 days then that accident goes away. You have a career lawyer and bureaucrat against a business person. Tell me in business meetings when people have not said stupid and illegal things only to be reminded by the smart people that you cannot do that, that is why you hire those people to keep you honest and within the rules - thinking outside the box can get you into trouble. I hate the lying part but the voters knew that when he got elected.......so it was not shock and awe. MD, I know you are the Boy Scout (I am an Eagle) if you have never done business with people like that, I would love to connect and see where everyone is honest as the day............

BTW, I have a great deal of respect for Mueller and felt bad for him today - this should have never happened and as I said in the Navy thread above, never ever set a person up for failure.
Best
Can you prove it was the DRIVERS fault for destroying said snow plow? On drugs or booze? Or, extremely tired b/c someone is to cheap to hire more plow drivers. Do the DOT rules about " behind the wheel time" apply to SNOWplows? exactly. (no, they do NOT. They should )
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 pm So now Mueller is essentially an old, forgetful, useless, emotionless, washed up, incompetent fool...according to Jeremy Bash. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UC0-HnkEC ... _copy_link

Watch Mueller's face and deep swallow at 2:49 https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1 ... 13504?s=20
Jordan was excellent.
Jordan is an idiot. Who runs the DoJ? Who appointed Barr? Who is Barr's direct boss?

Answer to all three? Trump. Trump. Trump. But Jordan is falling all over himself to make it sound like it's all some big mysterious conspiracy.

The whole Turkey Shoot is run by Trump and the Republicans. Is Jordan going to complain to them? Nope. He'd rather strap the tin foil hat on, and act like someone else is pulling strings. The Republican Controlled DoJ can arrest Misfud and anyone else they please anytime they wish.

More to the point, anyone in Congress going to do anything about keeping cr*p like Fusion from happening again? Or meetings with campaign staffers and Russian spies? No and no.

And when the FISA investigation is over, are they actually going to fix that program so whatever happened that was wrong doesn't happen again?

Nope. Who cares, right? So long as "my team" won, none of this matters.
What the heck are you talking about.

Trump may constitutionally run the DOJ but the majority of this "Obstruction exhoneration" BS is about him talking about firing a DOJ employee!

His perogative.

And all the deep state shenanigans being investigated now demonstrates who really runs the government.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 am
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 pm Nope. Investigation is over.
Once again, patience a fan...let's see what Mr. Durham comes up with:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... eph-mifsud
I was responding to old salt...that the Mueller investigation is over.

And you're directing this to the wrong guy....direct your counsel of patience to Jim Jordan.

As I said: Barr is free to indict away....anyone he chooses. Send any complaints about omissions to him.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 am If you watched any of that fiasco yesterday and still think Mueller had anything to do with the investigation or the report you've lost your mind.
Doubling down, are we? So you're telling me that you think Rosenstein intentionally hand picked an empty shirt to go after Trump?

Care to share why you think Trump's own guy would do that?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Didn't Teddy K. go to UVA Law school?...hmmmmmmm, I wonder
So did Bobby. So did Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Laura Ingraham. So did U.S. Senators Corwyn (R-TX), King (I-ME), Nelson (D-FL), Allen (R-VA), John Warner (D-VA), Mark Warner (D-VA), and Whitehouse (D-RI). Justice Scalia taught there,

So was there a point you were trying to make 3R? Or were you just being a troll/jerk?

Cheers.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
LandM

Post by LandM »

r cubed,
Yes it was a drug to allow him to sleep which he unfortunately did driving the plow - he knew the job requirements so follow the rules

To your point, if Andy instead of saying the roads are open would tell people during a major storm to not travel unless one absolutely has to - that would help but Andy likes to say the roads are always open. To further that ignorant comment, he then moves millions of dollars of equipment and people being paid 1.5 times salary to where he thinks a storm is gonna hit which leaves managers scrambling to find resources to make that happen. And as we all know weather folks are so accurate that the resources are in a different location thus scrambling the resources to a different location. Then because he has over-resourced drivers and equipment are sitting around doing nothing or driving the same beat that was just done. To further compound the issue Andy always wants the pub so he takes a plow and a few drivers off the road so he can stand and do a news conference in the back of the plow like a little kid. Experienced more then once - take that wasted money and hire people and the plow may have been upright. Apologizes for the rant but millions of NY State tax dollars are wasted every year over this stupidity.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:09 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 am If you watched any of that fiasco yesterday and still think Mueller had anything to do with the investigation or the report you've lost your mind.
Doubling down, are we? So you're telling me that you think Rosenstein intentionally hand picked an empty shirt to go after Trump?

Care to share why you think Trump's own guy would do that?
Don't put words in my mouth.

Muellers reputation gave cover to the real investigators. 19 Hillary Clinton supporters. Colluding with the MSM to bring Trump to his knees and undo the 2016 election.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 am What the heck are you talking about.
US Civics, and how Presidential appointees work.
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 am Trump may constitutionally run the DOJ but the majority of this "Obstruction exhoneration" BS is about him talking about firing a DOJ employee!
:lol: Right. It's just "no big deal" that the people investigating Trump.....work for, and report to, Trump.

Mueller reports to Barr. And Barr reports to Trump. And because Trump has a little R by his name, you think this is super cool.

Question: what would have happened to you if Obama had fired Comey and his top staffers during their investigation into Hillary's server nonsense?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 am Don't put words in my mouth.
You didn't just call Mueller an empty shirt? You did. And below, you do it again.

So tell me: why did Rosenstein appoint him? Take your time. You're telling me that a Dem collusion was put into motion by a top Republican hand picked by Trump himself. You're not making any sense.
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 am Muellers reputation gave cover to the real investigators. 19 Hillary Clinton supporters. Colluding with the MSM to bring Trump to his knees and undo the 2016 election.
Again, then why did Rosenstein appoint him? It goes back to Republican decision making in every case. You can't dance your way out of this.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

LandM wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 am r cubed,
Yes it was a drug to allow him to sleep which he unfortunately did driving the plow - he knew the job requirements so follow the rules

To your point, if Andy instead of saying the roads are open would tell people during a major storm to not travel unless one absolutely has to - that would help but Andy likes to say the roads are always open. To further that ignorant comment, he then moves millions of dollars of equipment and people being paid 1.5 times salary to where he thinks a storm is gonna hit which leaves managers scrambling to find resources to make that happen. And as we all know weather folks are so accurate that the resources are in a different location thus scrambling the resources to a different location. Then because he has over-resourced drivers and equipment are sitting around doing nothing or driving the same beat that was just done. To further compound the issue Andy always wants the pub so he takes a plow and a few drivers off the road so he can stand and do a news conference in the back of the plow like a little kid. Experienced more then once - take that wasted money and hire people and the plow may have been upright. Apologizes for the rant but millions of NY State tax dollars are wasted every year over this stupidity.
This explanation is perhaps the sillest evah ;) ......Andy scrambling snowplows is counter intuiative, ain't it? Climate warming making snowplows unneeded. :D Doesn't Andy BELIEVE in climate warming, global change.?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

LandM wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 am r cubed,

Not wasted if you and yours are getting the millions :D
ggait

Post by ggait »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm Wet dream slam dunk felony OOJ ?

As we say in the report, and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime
Mueller would have to say the exact same thing if Trump was caught on video in the Oval Office taking a bag of $100 bills from MBS (which we'd all have to agree is a slam dunk). Just because the sitting president can't be indicted or accused does not mean that the case against him is weak.

Similarly, you'd have to agree that the McGahn episodes are a slam dunk:

1. Trump tells McGahn to fire Mueller. McGahn says he'll resign instead.
2. Trump tells McGahn to publicly lie about #1 to counter the true-not-fake news reports about #1. McGahn again refuses.
3. Trump tells McGahn to write a false memo for the files about #1. McGahn refuses for the third time.
4. 1, 2 and 3 are corroborated by testimony and documents coming from, among others, McGahn (lawyer), Reince Preibus (lawyer) and Annie Donaldson (HLS-trained lawyer).

Come on guys.

Because the OOJ case against Trump is sooooo strong, the very interesting question is whether Trump will be indicted for that if he loses the election. While there's lots of good policy and political reasons to not go there, there's also good reasons to not let such outrageous behavior in the White House go.

So while Mueller's report is an airball for the next two years, it may actually turn into a Trump kill shot down the road.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

'cept by the time the case made it to a courtroom Trump would be dead, unless he lives to be 100+.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm Wet dream slam dunk felony OOJ ?

As we say in the report, and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime
Mueller would have to say the exact same thing if Trump was caught on video in the Oval Office taking a bag of $100 bills from MBS (which we'd all have to agree is a slam dunk). Just because the sitting president can't be indicted or accused does not mean that the case against him is weak.

Similarly, you'd have to agree that the McGahn episodes are a slam dunk:

1. Trump tells McGahn to fire Mueller. McGahn says he'll resign instead.
2. Trump tells McGahn to publicly lie about #1 to counter the true-not-fake news reports about #1. McGahn again refuses.
3. Trump tells McGahn to write a false memo for the files about #1. McGahn refuses for the third time.
4. 1, 2 and 3 are corroborated by testimony and documents coming from, among others, McGahn (lawyer), Reince Preibus (lawyer) and Annie Donaldson (HLS-trained lawyer).

Come on guys.

Because the OOJ case against Trump is sooooo strong, the very interesting question is whether Trump will be indicted for that if he loses the election. While there's lots of good policy and political reasons to not go there, there's also good reasons to not let such outrageous behavior in the White House go.

So while Mueller's report is an airball for the next two years, it may actually turn into a Trump kill shot down the road.
the law is the law is the law. Unless you wanna keep on proving the TAATS point with thinking like this. While a pretend DEM. congress won't vote to impeach is beyond my capabilities. :ugeek:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:14 am
Didn't Teddy K. go to UVA Law school?...hmmmmmmm, I wonder
So did Bobby. So did Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Laura Ingraham. So did U.S. Senators Corwyn (R-TX), King (I-ME), Nelson (D-FL), Allen (R-VA), John Warner (D-VA), Mark Warner (D-VA), and Whitehouse (D-RI). Justice Scalia taught there,

So was there a point you were trying to make 3R? Or were you just being a troll/jerk?

Cheers.
IT's a BOSTON thing.......nevah mind. ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 am Because the OOJ case against Trump is sooooo strong, the very interesting question is whether Trump will be indicted for that if he loses the election. While there's lots of good policy and political reasons to not go there, there's also good reasons to not let such outrageous behavior in the White House go.

Money.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 am if Trump was caught on video in the Oval Office taking a bag of $100 bills from MBS (which we'd all have to agree is a slam dunk)
Uh, no, we manifestly do not all agree on that. The hard-core trumpistas (40% of the country) would give it a pass, just like they do everything else Trump does. There would not be a single R vote to impeach in the House, or a single R vote to convict in the Senate.
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 am https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 40493.html
A prescient article...
Prescient indeed. Here's the plot line for the sequel :
...the real subversion of justice was committed by the Obama administration’s DoJ, FBI, and intelligence agencies, both in their investigations of Trump and in whitewashing the email case against Hillary Clinton. Attorney General William Barr is already looking into those charges, as are DoJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz and U.S. Attorneys John Durham and John Huber. The chief judge of the secret intelligence courts, Rosemary Collyer, has already delivered a report to DoJ saying that the court was not given full, truthful information in warrant applications.

These investigations could burgeon into a catastrophic scandal, involving not only leaking, lying, and illicit spying but possibly collusion by U.S. government agencies to affect the outcome of an election. We don’t know that yet, and we don’t know the role the Obama White House played, but we need to know.
You want safeguards against the abuse of FISA ? Hold the abusers accountable.
...same with the leakers of classified info.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:49 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 am https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 40493.html
A prescient article...
Prescient indeed. Here's the plot line for the sequel :
...the real subversion of justice was committed by the Obama administration’s DoJ, FBI, and intelligence agencies, both in their investigations of Trump and in whitewashing the email case against Hillary Clinton. Attorney General William Barr is already looking into those charges, as are DoJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz and U.S. Attorneys John Durham and John Huber. The chief judge of the secret intelligence courts, Rosemary Collyer, has already delivered a report to DoJ saying that the court was not given full, truthful information in warrant applications.

These investigations could burgeon into a catastrophic scandal, involving not only leaking, lying, and illicit spying but possibly collusion by U.S. government agencies to affect the outcome of an election. We don’t know that yet, and we don’t know the role the Obama White House played, but we need to know.
You want safeguards against the abuse of FISA ? Hold the abusers accountable.
...same with the leakers of classified info.
How would the writer know that?

Return to “POLITICS”