Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by Trinity »

Nadler: Does that mean there was no Obstruction?
Mueller: No.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DMac

Post by DMac »

So in the end we get sound bites for the Ds, sound bites for the Rs, and both sides continue to work themselves into a frenzy. Same o', same o' in essence. Meanwhile, we've got a lunatic in the White House. What a country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZczZKHwWUFY
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

For those that don't realize there is a man behind the curtain, this is what he doesn't want you to think about...

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10 ... lCode=jpra
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

AG Barr was vilified for giving Mueller a letter (for political cover) limiting the areas he could address,
& then giving him an out if he chose not to testify.

Rather than trying to cover up, perhaps Barr was just trying to protect an old friend from humiliation.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Shame on the democrat party and the MSM

They forced an old gentleman with a distinguished service record to his country
to embarrass himself testifying in a committee hearing where he barely knew where he was.

After today I seriously doubt he had anything to do with the investigation or writing the report.

That's why he was so adamant back in May about not testifying.

He knew the outcome then.

The baztids will ruin any life in pursuit of power.

ps I think over lunch he get a text from AG Barr reminding him they have TRANSCRIPTS of him saying he DIDN'T USE the DOJs analysis that you can't indict a sitting president re:obstructiom. HE backed away from that IMMEDIATELY.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:50 pm Shame on the democrat party and the MSM

to embarrass himself testifying in a committee hearing where he barely knew where he was.

After today I seriously doubt he had anything to do with the investigation or writing the report.

ps I think over lunch he get a text from AG Barr reminding him they have TRANSCRIPTS of him saying he DIDN'T USE the DOJs analysis that you can't indict a sitting president re:obstructiom. HE backed away from that IMMEDIATELY.
Yep. We all knew it was Weissmann's report all along, didn't we.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:50 pm Shame on the democrat party and the MSM

Yep. We all knew it was Weissmann's report all along, didn't we.
Creepy lawyer overturned 9-0 by the supreme court after ruining the lives of Arthur Andersen employees hiding under the reputation of a life long civil servant and former head of the FBI.

Sure looks like it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So now Mueller is essentially an old, forgetful, useless, emotionless, washed up, incompetent fool...according to Jeremy Bash. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UC0-HnkEC ... _copy_link

Watch Mueller's face and deep swallow at 2:49 https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1 ... 13504?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 pm So now Mueller is essentially an old, forgetful, useless, emotionless, washed up, incompetent fool...according to Jeremy Bash. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UC0-HnkEC ... _copy_link

Watch Mueller's face and deep swallow at 2:49 https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1 ... 13504?s=20
Jordan was excellent.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan

Post by a fan »

Uh oh.

Are you saying that Rosenstein, Trump's hand chosen Dept. AG, intentionally appointed a doddering old man to ensure an inadequate investigation of Boss Trump?

Careful 6ft, you're going to lose your Republican decoder ring if you keep inadvertently take swipes at Dems that actually hits Republicans.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 pm So now Mueller is essentially an old, forgetful, useless, emotionless, washed up, incompetent fool...according to Jeremy Bash. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UC0-HnkEC ... _copy_link

Jordan was excellent.
Jordan is an idiot. Who runs the DoJ? Who appointed Barr? Who is Barr's direct boss?

Answer to all three? Trump. Trump. Trump. But Jordan is falling all over himself to make it sound like it's all some big mysterious conspiracy.

The whole Turkey Shoot is run by Trump and the Republicans. Is Jordan going to complain to them? Nope. He'd rather strap the tin foil hat on, and act like someone else is pulling strings. The Republican Controlled DoJ can arrest Misfud and anyone else they please anytime they wish.

More to the point, anyone in Congress going to do anything about keeping cr*p like Fusion from happening again? Or meetings with campaign staffers and Russian spies? No and no.

And when the FISA investigation is over, are they actually going to fix that program so whatever happened that was wrong doesn't happen again?

Nope. Who cares, right? So long as "my team" won, none of this matters.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump may have said it best on this subject.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0USdV9h2mn ... f6di8q4vkz
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Jordan was excellent.
Jordan is an idiot. Who runs the DoJ? Who appointed Barr? Who is Barr's direct boss?

Answer to all three? Trump. Trump. Trump. But Jordan is falling all over himself to make it sound like it's all some big mysterious conspiracy.

The whole Turkey Shoot is run by Trump and the Republicans. Is Jordan going to complain to them? Nope. He'd rather strap the tin foil hat on, and act like someone else is pulling strings. The Republican Controlled DoJ can arrest Misfud and anyone else they please anytime they wish.

More to the point, anyone in Congress going to do anything about keeping cr*p like Fusion from happening again? Or meetings with campaign staffers and Russian spies? No and no.

And when the FISA investigation is over, are they actually going to fix that program so whatever happened that was wrong doesn't happen again?

+1
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Jordan was excellent.

As usual...:lol: You seriously don't think Jordan wants to "fix" the things you mention? Problem is, you can't fix them until you understand how they happened...that's where people like Jordan are coming from. As I've said from day one, equal scrutiny of both sides of the issue. Perhaps we'll finally hear about the "how it all happened" side of things.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pmAs usual...:lol: You seriously don't think Jordan wants to "fix" the things you mention? Problem is, you can't fix them until you understand how they happened...that's where people like Jordan are coming from.
I just told you where it's coming from: Jordan's own party, and their leader, Trump.

That's who is responsible for indicting/not indicting Misfud. Jordan's "big mystery" is solved.

You're welcome.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pm As I've said from day one, equal scrutiny of both sides of the issue. Perhaps we'll finally hear about the "how it all happened" side of things.
Again, easy fix. Subpoena Barr, and ask him why he hasn't indicted Misfud.

No tinfoil needed. Jordan is telling his fans otherwise, because conspiracy theories are now the foundation of the R party....used to be the purview of the left and their "it's all about the Masons", or some such nonsense.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pmAs usual...:lol: You seriously don't think Jordan wants to "fix" the things you mention? Problem is, you can't fix them until you understand how they happened...that's where people like Jordan are coming from.
I just told you where it's coming from: Jordan's own party, and their leader, Trump.

That's who is responsible for indicting/not indicting Misfud. Jordan's "big mystery" is solved.

You're welcome.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pm As I've said from day one, equal scrutiny of both sides of the issue. Perhaps we'll finally hear about the "how it all happened" side of things.
Again, easy fix. Subpoena Barr, and ask him why he hasn't indicted Misfud.

No tinfoil needed. Jordan is telling his fans otherwise, because conspiracy theories are now the foundation of the R party....used to be the purview of the left and their "it's all about the Masons", or some such nonsense.
.:lol:. ...that would be interfering in a SC investigation.

More on the whereabouts of the mysterious Mifsud
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nope. Investigation is over.

They're going to do nothing about any of this. Surely this is obvious now. Nothing about FISA. Nothing about Russia. Nothing about securing campaign intel from foreign governments.

Grandstanding for grandstanding's sake. It works every time. Ask Trump fans about these issues. They're thrilled. Problem? What problem?

And the Dems are no help either. Partisans win. Every time.

The rest of us? Not so much...
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
This was a sad day for this country IMHO. Mueller looked worse then my 86 year older mother and her memory is twice as sharp as what I saw today. Before these hearings no one was gonna change their minds, after these hearings no one is gonna change their minds......it is time that Schiff and Nadler quit wasting the taxpayer dollar, put the time, energy and money into 2020 - but I have to say Joe is looking awful slow. To me it was a sad day as nothing got accomplished IMHO.

Mueller did not try to indict NOT because of some silly rules but because he was not confident a group of your peers would have found Trump guilty IMO. My spouse is a retired 35 year NY State management confidential employee. She would ask me the business owner what I would do - example, a driver rolls a $150,000 snow-plow - destroyed - I said fire him, nope a letter in his file for 90 days then that accident goes away. You have a career lawyer and bureaucrat against a business person. Tell me in business meetings when people have not said stupid and illegal things only to be reminded by the smart people that you cannot do that, that is why you hire those people to keep you honest and within the rules - thinking outside the box can get you into trouble. I hate the lying part but the voters knew that when he got elected.......so it was not shock and awe. MD, I know you are the Boy Scout (I am an Eagle) if you have never done business with people like that, I would love to connect and see where everyone is honest as the day............

BTW, I have a great deal of respect for Mueller and felt bad for him today - this should have never happened and as I said in the Navy thread above, never ever set a person up for failure.
Best
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

it seems like both sides made a lot of noise and now want it to go away. A few hangers on are trying to get last bits of media time from this fiasco, but the whole thing smells of dirty tricks and spy-games done by amateurs (read politicians) who then told the pros to clean it up. Or perhaps the politicians pushed the pro's down this path and the pros have no interest in cleaning it up...?

what a waste.

and what a glaring example of how they all blow....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”