NFL

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: NFL

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:59 pm Brady is reportedly retiring.
Easily the best Bucks QB of all time and at least the second best NE QB behind only Jim Plunkett.
Ole Jim was a gun slinger, fond memories of watching him while in a raiders uni.

Wise move on Tom's part. I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop....dude has had a golden horseshoe up his keister for a long time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 pm
Easily the best Bucks QB of all time and at least the second best NE QB behind only Jim Plunkett.
Ole Jim was a gun slinger, fond memories of watching him while in a raiders uni.

Wise move on Tom's part. I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop....dude has had a golden horseshoe up his keister for a long time.
And when it does I’ll be ready to catch Giselle!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Apparently Brady called the Bucs and told them “not true,” and that he hasn’t begun to think about it yet.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2022/0 ... utType=amp
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

It seems abundantly clear that Tom Brady had a huge axe to grind with the New England Patriots judging from his retirement announcement on his Instagram account this morning. He doesn’t mention anyone associated with the team, ownership or fans. He is obviously bitter at how Kraft allowed Belichick to order things in such a way so as to alienate Brady. Tom Brady Sr. said years ago that it would end ugly. Indeed it has. With coaches and personnel leaving Foxboro in droves, it is becoming increasingly apparent that Bill Belichick was never the reason for the good times in New England.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZcDCOOr-v4 ... =copy_link
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Washington Commanders is an odd choice. What are they commanding? Who did they command? Sounds sort of authoritarian. I was hoping for Lobbyists
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My dream for the warriors and entrance of the clinking of glass bottles to “warrrrrriors, come out and playyy” has been dashed!
DMac

Post by DMac »

The Commanders? How anticlimactic. WTH's the logo/mascot gonna be for that? A picture of George on their helmets, maybe?
George Armstrong Custer (December 5, 1839 – June 25, 1876) was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars.

Shoulda gone with the Commandos and had a swingin' ball sack for their logo.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:10 am The Commanders? How anticlimactic. WTH's the logo/mascot gonna be for that? A picture of George on their helmets, maybe?
George Armstrong Custer (December 5, 1839 – June 25, 1876) was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in the American Civil War and the American Indian Wars.

Shoulda gone with the Commandos and had a swingin' ball sack for their logo.
How about Commodores with an image of Lionel Richie on the helmet.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I sure aint seein' it.
The angled cuts and serifs at the top of the “W” are intended to depict progress and forward movement.

The logo gives a nod to the military with slanted stripes the team says are inspired by military rank insignia.
The serifs at the top of the W look as if they're pointing back to me, not forward. See no semblence of military rank in the logo.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... hp&pc=U531
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The fix was apparently in, according to former NFL coaches Hugh Jackson and Brian Flores:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ns-browns/

And the NFL responds immediately:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... out-merit/

:roll: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 am Washington Commanders is an odd choice. What are they commanding? Who did they command? Sounds sort of authoritarian. I was hoping for Lobbyists
Commanders ? I feel violated. Where do I file my grievance ?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 am Washington Commanders is an odd choice. What are they commanding? Who did they command? Sounds sort of authoritarian. I was hoping for Lobbyists
I think they should have kept the initials but changed it to What the heck.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 pm
:lol: :lol: Should have gone with Comanche
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My son asked why it is bad because football players are tough and that native Americans are tougher than us (modern Americans or whatever term to use). I tried to explain but he kind of made a point.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

My gripe with the Redskins was as a Colts season ticket holder. $110 for the season. When they went off to Indy the league automatically assumed we would become Skins fans. We reviled the Skins. One of my fondest memories was a MNF game where Fred Cook blocked a Moseley chip shot with under a minute to go and preserve a Baltimore Colts win.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I think it has something to do with this:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/69/a5/39/69a5 ... 2a034f.jpg

Not sure when/if this team actually existed.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Washington Generals are the 3 win and 27,753 loss team that plays the Harlem Globetrotters.
Probably not a good look for the NFL.
:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think you mistook the record since Dan Snyder took over for the Generals record.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:18 am I think you mistook the record since Dan Snyder took over for the Generals record.
Dan Snyder, the Peter Angelos of professional football. One had Albert Haynesworth among his spending busts, the other had Glenn Davis, Joey Bell and Chris Davis.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:35 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:18 am I think you mistook the record since Dan Snyder took over for the Generals record.
Dan Snyder, the Peter Angelos of professional football. One had Albert Haynesworth among his spending busts, the other had Glenn Davis, Joey Bell and Chris Davis.
Belle might've been defensible. Davis an atrocious, ten worst of all time trade. But was Angelos owner then because I believe that was like 86-87. Big fan of Boddiker and Mussina. Recall that wretched start where they had Ben McDonald and a few other promising pitchers but were more focused on what the tape at the bottom of Billy Ripkins bat said in the picture on a Fleer baseball card. (the idea that the card with a curse word on it skyrocketed in value is now totally absurd but there was a card bubble back then)

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”