NFL

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: NFL

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OuttaNowhereWregget

Bill Belichick - Greatest Coach of All Time?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I think it’s safe to say now that Bill Belichick is the single biggest Fraud “greatest coach of all time” in all of sports, let alone the NFL. He hasn’t won a single division title, conference championship or Super Bowl without Tom Brady. His record in the playoffs is 1-2 without Brady. His single playoff win came decades ago with the Cleveland Browns. Since Brady left for warmer climes, Bill’s Boys are 17-17. Tom on the other hand is 29-9. Bill’s QB’s combined have thrown 38 TD’s. In that same span Brady has tossed 95. Bill is 0-1 in the playoffs. Tom is 5-0 including a Super Bowl title. Even Rex Ryan has a better career and playoff record than Bill without Brady. Bill’s pathological cheating must also be figured into the mix. It’s a lot easier to game plan for an opponent when you have a dossier on their play calls. Bill is a Fraud without Brady. An average coach at best. Is there really any doubt left?

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ugh I’m about to make a counterpoint even though I haven’t cared for anything Pats related since they were getting smoked by the Bears in a Jan 1986 and had John Hannah, Kenny Eason and Andre Tippett. (Loved Tippett but the Bears are my team, learned to breakdance to my super bowl shuffle record and beat street the movie) But…

Tampa Bay had a very talented team before Brady arrived and the Pats have a pretty barren cupboard overall. Before Brady, Gronk and AB (at least until a week or two ago) TB was capable of getting to a NFC championship with Jameis going 30/30 (TDs/Ints). Solid defense and great coordinator in Bowles, excellent HC, MIke Evans is criminally underrated, Fournette is solid and the rest of the OL except maybe Donovan Smith is near elite. Plus they have all time great Hobart alum Ali Marpet anchoring that line (I say anchor because he’s started every game since he hit the team in 2015 except a few where injured and has played both guard and center over time-totally invaluable the only reason he doesn’t play tackle is he has shorter arms).

Belicheck the ego and GM? Wildly overrated. As a HC? Pretty good but Brady wins the “who’s more important” I agree. But I’ve grudgingly watched Belicheck take away the strength of other teams in playoff games too many times to think he’s a fraud.

I also love how evwr undersized white receiver naturally goes to NE like the Pacers are supposed to draft or sign every decent white basketball player. It’s hilarious. “Hey, the Pacers should sign Gordon Hayward! You know who’s be good on Indiana? Keith Van Horn. How about Christian Laettner to the Pacers?” The only good white player thats seemingly never been suggested to the Pacers is Jason Williams. Case in point-see the comments that Belicheck will surely give Bernhardt a look.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Cue A Fan noting that it isn't always the X's and O's but also the Jimmys and Joes.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Getting handled today. Close friend who’s buddies with the Hobart alum is there and raging about the refs and they’ve been bad but the TB pass defense is the real culprit. Lack of pressure with LA having a backup LT in and Staffors being known to make some crazy bad throws is no bueno for bucs fans. And 72 and Donovan Smith can’t handle Von Miller or Aaron Donald at all (the latter is tough for anyone of course but Miller running around guys at this point is poor execution).
DMac

Post by DMac »

Will be very surprised if this isn't the last time we see Tommy Terrific and Gronk playin'.
An unbelievable run but it's all over.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ali Marpet has been telling my friend he thinks he wouldn’t finish out his second contact which would be through year nine. He’s finishing year 7 now so I kind of wonder if he might say forget it after this season. 9yrs gets fully lifetime bennies but he’s banked most of his first 2nd rd pick contract (4yrs base was a little over $2mm so maybe $3mm gross on that one) and the $20mm signing bonus in contract two plus another $25mn in earnings.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't imagine money is much of an issue for either one of these two. Both can continue to make millions without getting banged up. Tommy's defied the odds as much as he's going to, Father Time always wins, Tommy's time is up. Gisele's not so much.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=gisele+bu ... A1&PC=LCTS
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I wonder about Gronk. Hope he’s got good advisors because he doesn’t seem like the long term planning type.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Word has always been that Gronk aint stupid (at all) with his money.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestr ... f340c95a2c
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Good for him. He’s gonna have medical bills later in life and need cheddar.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Meanwhile the Bucs tie this thing up. Just phukn unbelievable. Sign him up for another year fer kirissakes.
Too little too late but sure did make it interesting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NFC is 4 seed vs 6 seed in championship. I can’t imagine Jimmy G tossing floaters and staring down receivers against the Rams d the way he did against GB.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Jimmy G's got the little angel girls touching him with fairy dust lately. NFW the Niners should even have been playing today.

Man, Mahomes and Allen have put on an exhibition today.
In OT, Chiefs ball. Crazy game.
Chiefs win it.
cradle's gonna need help.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yesterday’s games were relatively uneventful (except the blocked punt return by 49ers) but think about this: in the divisional round we had three games end on last second field goals (Bengals/Titans 19-16, SF/GB 13-10, TB/LAR 30-27) and this last crazy a** game in OT. Pretty exceptional outcomes.

Also reminds me of when I was a kid, late 80s/early 90s if you convert Tenn back to its original Houston Oilers franchise w Warren Moon. You have the Dave Kreig Chiefs, Buffalo who we know lost 4 straight SBs, Moon and then infamous Frank Reich comeback game and even the Bengals were good w Icky Woods, Boomer Esiason, Anthony Munoz until his leg was destroyed in the SB against the 49ers.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:54 pm Jimmy G's got the little angel girls touching him with fairy dust lately. NFW the Niners should even have been playing today.

Man, Mahomes and Allen have put on an exhibition today.
In OT, Chiefs ball. Crazy game.
Chiefs win it.
cradle's gonna need help.
What a game.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Football minds drive me crazy. Can't remember what quarter, maybe/probably the third, Buffalo ball on about their own thirty-five, fourth and real short, I've got Allen in the backfield. NFW I'm punting on that play/situation but they did and it cost them seven very shortly thereafter. Football minds are too willing to give the other team the ball. Offensively they play the game too risk free, IMO. The NFL needs some Gait like players to revolutionize their game.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 pm Yesterday’s games were relatively uneventful (except the blocked punt return by 49ers) but think about this: in the divisional round we had three games end on last second field goals (Bengals/Titans 19-16, SF/GB 13-10, TB/LAR 30-27) and this last crazy a** game in OT. Pretty exceptional outcomes.

Also reminds me of when I was a kid, late 80s/early 90s of you convert Tenneco back to its original Houston Oilers franchise w Warren Moon. You have the Dave Kreig Chiefs, Buffalo who we know lost 4 straight SBs, Moon and then infamous Frank Reich comeback game and even the Bengals were good w Icky Woods, Boomer Esiason, Antinh Munoz until his leg was destroyed in the SB against the 49ers.
Those were the best years of the NFL, aside from the neglected head injuries. FYI, while Kreig spent a couple years at KC his best years were with the Seachickens throwing to Steve Largent. KC were going through several QBs including Steve DeBerg, Montana and Steve Bono. Interesting to see the 1990 Chefs. HC Marty Schottenheimer with future SB champs Bruce Ariens, Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher on staff. Former Badger Tim Krumrie was the one who broke his leg in 1st Q against the Niners.

Todays game is largely without defense where long yardage can be gained too easily. Great if you like Arena style.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 pm Yesterday’s games were relatively uneventful (except the blocked punt return by 49ers) but think about this: in the divisional round we had three games end on last second field goals (Bengals/Titans 19-16, SF/GB 13-10, TB/LAR 30-27) and this last crazy a** game in OT. Pretty exceptional outcomes.

Also reminds me of when I was a kid, late 80s/early 90s of you convert Tenneco back to its original Houston Oilers franchise w Warren Moon. You have the Dave Kreig Chiefs, Buffalo who we know lost 4 straight SBs, Moon and then infamous Frank Reich comeback game and even the Bengals were good w Icky Woods, Boomer Esiason, Antinh Munoz until his leg was destroyed in the SB against the 49ers.
Those were the best years of the NFL, aside from the neglected head injuries. FYI, while Kreig spent a couple years at KC his best years were with the Seachickens throwing to Steve Largent. KC were going through several QBs including Steve DeBerg, Montana and Steve Bono. Interesting to see the 1990 Chefs. HC Marty Schottenheimer with future SB champs Bruce Ariens, Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher on staff. Former Badger Tim Krumrie was the one who broke his leg in 1st Q against the Niners.

Todays game is largely without defense where long yardage can be gained too easily. Great if you like Arena style.
No idea how tenneco came up other than I was doing some work on the company but miss that period. Always think of DeBerg as a Bucs guy myself but agreed on Kreig, outside the Bears Steve Largent was my favorite player.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brady is reportedly retiring.
Easily the best Bucks QB of all time and at least the second best NE QB behind only Jim Plunkett.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”