Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:17 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:00 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:15 pm How is this helpful?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/trump-s ... using.html

Who does this statement appeal to?
You know to whom this statement appeals.

It’s Trump telling white suburbanites that he is going to do what he can to keep people of color out of their neighborhoods.

It’s a racist ploy straight out of the 1950s-1970s.

Trump understands his political base well.

DocBarrister :?
Embarrassing to even think that way doc.

This was briefly discussed Saturday morning.

viewtopic.php?p=170958#p170958
YA, everyone thinks that is exactly what Trump is messaging to people. Everyone. He is the White Folks candidate.
The assumption that blacks don’t live in suburbia, have property, or care about their homes or property values is incredibly racist. This is 2020, not 1970. If you don’t believe me, come on out to any suburb of Philly or Baltimore.

This tweet appealed to everyone who gtfo of cities and moved to suburbia to avoid the bull shirt that is happening IN the cities right now. Regardless of color.
if were talking assumptions, this entire thing is littered with assumptions.

for example- sure, some white people "start off better" than non-whites. but not all.

so what of the white person who starts behind the asian? south asian? (baby/bathwater scenario)

or, even these assumptions (there's more- many more): viewtopic.php?p=159708#p159708

conclusion: just treat everyone the same, we are all humans
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:17 pm

It’s Trump telling white suburbanites that he is going to do what he can to keep people of color out of their neighborhoods.

YA, everyone thinks that is exactly what Trump is messaging to people. Everyone. He is the White Folks candidate.
The assumption that blacks don’t live in suburbia, have property, or care about their homes or property values is incredibly racist. This is 2020, not 1970. If you don’t believe me, come on out to any suburb of Philly or Baltimore.

This tweet appealed to everyone who gtfo of cities and moved to suburbia to avoid the bull shirt that is happening IN the cities right now. Regardless of color.
Soon to be released film in August 2020
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Not in the least. Explain to me how that movement has anything to do with treating each other as equals?
A reality in america is that when a wealthy, white american is killed, the country is outraged and actions are taken. When a poor, black american is killed, we shrug. We write it off due to crime-infested neighborhoods, the victim was hardly a victim, etc. Bottom line, the deaths on either side of the fence are not treated equally. It's as if white lives... more.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm
Not in the least. Explain to me how that movement has anything to do with treating each other as equals?
A reality in america is that when a wealthy, white american is killed, the country is outraged and actions are taken. When a poor, black american is killed, we shrug. We write it off due to crime-infested neighborhoods, the victim was hardly a victim, etc. Bottom line, the deaths on either side of the fence are not treated equally. It's as if white lives... more.
https://womensmediacenter.com/news-feat ... -and-girls

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/03/us/m ... index.html
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:19 pmPerhaps we just call the movement Poor Lives Matter and forget the fabricated White Privilege nonsense.

This is no longer the 19th Century, it's 2020. We have elected a black POTUS, twice. Why is this happening now? Trump for one, Covid for two.
A lot of people here have no idea what White Privilege actually means.

Have you ever been getting pulled over by a cop simply because of the color of your skin? Or been denied a bank loan because of the color of your skin? Or lost out on a job because of the color of your skin? Had the cops called while walking your dog? Or had people with guns think you're suspicious when you're out for a jog, or walking back from the store? Etc. etc.

White Privilege isn't some extra boost we get for being white that makes our lives a ton easier, it's that when we face obstacles, the color of our skin normally isn't a factor.

White Privilege isn't about the choices we make in our day to day lives, it's about the choices other people make concerning us based on the color of our skin.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:40 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:12 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:41 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm I really disagree with anyone telling me that what I've done with my life is due to White Privilege and I should view everyone non-white, and their situation, from some sort of guilt-ridden purgatory. I view my position in relation to non-whites who have difficult lives just as I view poor whites who have difficult lives. Color has nothing to do with it. That's why, IMO, White Privilege and Fragility are invented racist concepts.
not that i agree nor disagree- but this is why i think the ultimate movement will not take hold with a portion of white voters, who rightly or wrongly think they have it just as bad or worse than others.

that, and we use the term racism to mean different things.

and lastly, if we don't treat each other as equals, i don't think we'll ever achieve bona fide equality.
How does BLM have anything to do with treating each other as equals? Please answer chairman.
i assume this was rhetorical?
i don't know. i don't have an answer for that. did i even say that?
"I don't know" will suffice, thank you. Seems to me that if the ultimate goal is to treat each other as equals, I'm not seeing it from that movement either.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

it's another reason to just treat everyone the same. fair rules, equitable, easy to remember. hard to administer of course.

in the eyes of science, at least, we are all the same- a human is a human is a human.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:04 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:40 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:12 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:41 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm I really disagree with anyone telling me that what I've done with my life is due to White Privilege and I should view everyone non-white, and their situation, from some sort of guilt-ridden purgatory. I view my position in relation to non-whites who have difficult lives just as I view poor whites who have difficult lives. Color has nothing to do with it. That's why, IMO, White Privilege and Fragility are invented racist concepts.
not that i agree nor disagree- but this is why i think the ultimate movement will not take hold with a portion of white voters, who rightly or wrongly think they have it just as bad or worse than others.

that, and we use the term racism to mean different things.

and lastly, if we don't treat each other as equals, i don't think we'll ever achieve bona fide equality.
How does BLM have anything to do with treating each other as equals? Please answer chairman.
i assume this was rhetorical?
i don't know. i don't have an answer for that. did i even say that?
"I don't know" will suffice, thank you. Seems to me that if the ultimate goal is to treat each other as equals, I'm not seeing it from that movement either.
i don't really know what their goals are- why not look at their mission statement?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 pm Democrats make everyone around them dumb, not the least being Democrats.

Bed And Breakfast Removes Norwegian Flag After People (Democrats) Mistake It For Confederate Flag

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/29/bed- ... rate-flag/
Norwegian flag = white privilege signal
Typical Lax Dad

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:07 pm
it's another reason to just treat everyone the same. fair rules, equitable, easy to remember. hard to administer of course.

in the eyes of science, at least, we are all the same- a human is a human is a human.
Like these: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2957.html
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Only racist and angry people believe that. If that were the case...why did he bother to pass legislation that supports black prisoners early releases. You guys make no damned sense. Use your heads from something other than a hat rack.
Thanks for calling me racist. Nice.

Take a look at the responses to Trump’s tweet.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Police brutality is a problem that has to be addressed and will be. It has also effected people of all races, not just blacks.

Who shrugs? BLM shrugs when black-on-black crime occurs every day. You only hear from them when an incident benefits them politically. Dem mayors of Democratic-run cities shrug as well, as the black-on-black crime goes unchallenged. The normal.

What's my "role" btw?
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:04 pm Have you ever been getting pulled over by a cop simply because of the color of your skin? Or been denied a bank loan because of the color of your skin? Or lost out on a job because of the color of your skin? Had the cops called while walking your dog? Or had people with guns think you're suspicious when you're out for a jog, or walking back from the store? Etc. etc.

White Privilege isn't some extra boost we get for being white that makes our lives a ton easier, it's that when we face obstacles, the color of our skin normally isn't a factor.

White Privilege isn't about the choices we make in our day to day lives, it's about the choices other people make concerning us based on the color of our skin.
Holmes, yes. And, to take this a step further, the vast majority of people pulling a black over, denying a loan, etc. are not black. Blacks are victims of this systemized racism and, whether we're conscious of this fact or not, we are part of this system.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm Police brutality is a problem that has to be addressed and will be. It has also effected people of all races, not just blacks.
... What's my "role" btw?
Tech, this sounds a lot like "All Lives Matter". If you cannot comprehend why this movement is called BLM and not ALM, then I'm having trouble seeing how this discussion can be productive. Similarly, as for your "role", if you don't understand why this is BLM and not ALM then I highly doubt that you have any role.
Caddy Day
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm If that were the case...why did he bother to pass legislation that supports black prisoners early releases. You guys make no damned sense. Use your heads from something other than a hat rack.
This is your idea of logic, then?

1. that bill applies to all prisoners, YA. But yes, most are black.

2. You think Trump is incapable of hypocrisy? You think he's consistent? Seriously? He can't even tell you what his own policies are.

And yet you think he's incapable of playing to the American racist because he signed a bill? 1+1= what, again?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm Police brutality is a problem that has to be addressed and will be. It has also effected people of all races, not just blacks.
Tech, this sounds a lot like "All Lives Matter". If you cannot comprehend why this movement is called BLM and not ALM, then I'm having trouble seeing how this discussion can be productive. Similarly, as for your "role", if you don't understand why this is BLM and not ALM then I highly doubt that you have any role.
:lol: What a cop out... no pun intended. I wasn't even thinking of that alternative movement but does this mean you're against All Lives Matter? You can't possibly understand how BLM may seem racist and exclusionary to many people who truly want us to treat each other equally? No empathy for those folks MPI?

I really wish you would tell me my role so I know what to think and feel.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:58 pm... does this mean you're against All Lives Matter? You can't possibly understand how BLM may seem racist and exclusionary to many people who truly want us to treat each other equally? No empathy for those folks MPI?
The BLM movement is about the systematic racism *towards blacks*, not all people.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:58 pm I really wish you would tell me my role so I know what to think and feel.
Tech, you're 6 characters on a screen that posts posts here and there. How would I ever know what your role is? I don't know you. You should be asking yourself that question.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 pm
:lol: What a cop out... no pun intended. I wasn't even thinking of that alternative movement but does this mean you're against All Lives Matter? You can't possibly understand how BLM may seem racist and exclusionary to many people who truly want us to treat each other equally? No empathy for those folks MPI?

I really wish you would tell me my role so I know what to think and feel.
What are you talking about? My town had a BLM rally and there were about 100 people there and probably 8 black people. All over television you see people of all races and religions being supportive.....none of the people at the rally in my town felt “excluded” as they actually arranged the rally. It’s ok for you to say you feel the way you feel...don’t cop out by expanding your discomfort to include a wider circle of people. Maybe you can say you and your friends feel that way....what do your black friends think?

Return to “POLITICS”