Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm Are you telling me that disgusting picture 6foot posted is photo shop? If not why did you not take the time to comment on that? You kind of breezed off onto the Covington issue.
I didn't "breeze off" to anything.

1. the Covington kid just settled his lawsuit. 6ft and others cited the story this week.
2. the moral of the Covington story was: don't trust videos or photos taken by "some guy on the internet'. That's what the WaPo, and Covington Catholic School both did. They assumed they understood what they saw. They were wrong, and paid a price.
3. 6ftstick has cited that story many times.

So that's where I arrived at #4:

4. 6ft, just days later, posts a photo from "some guy on the internet", assuming it's real. Assuming it's in Portland, and taking the photo at face value.

Get it?

So you have either one of two choices:

A. Either don't believe what you see on the internet posted by "some guy on the internet". (that's what I choose)

Or, B. you're on the side of the WaPo. You're saying that WaPo SHOULD have assumed that view was true, and they had the whole story. Any time you see an image or video on the internet, it's real, it's the whole story, and you, as the viewer, get to invent the story to fit your agenda.

Sixfootstick chooses B.

Which one do you choose, Cradle?
False top to bottom.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:23 pm his point probably would've been more strongly made, even if his intentions obfuscated, had he left the st regis tea bit out.

so i'm glad he left it in, for perspective.

still... i asked a bit ago about solutions for portland. branch 'em out. who's got 'em? short, medium, long.

most of what seems to drive our debate here seems to be about anecdotal stories (which we can assume have some elements of truth as one side of the story), and narratives that we seem to latch onto from either side of the coin.
My only solution is to let the people that run Portland and their police department to solve the problem on their own. My one stipulation would be not one single dollar of federal money goes to you when you decide to rebuild. If you want to go it alone then you go it alone. That sounds fair to me. If you want the feds to leave you be, that means for the whole kit and caboodle. You all get the honors of fixing this on your own and paying for it on your own. When your standing in the ruins of your city don't ask the rest of us to lend you a hand... your all on your own.
while not perfectly analogous, a good study is copenhagen's christiania.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Police continue to lie about what happens, even when live TV is there filming:
One altercation erupted about 5:30 p.m., the Los Angeles Police Department said in a news release. Police said it started when some people in a crowd of peaceful protesters “began to direct physical assaults on officers,” but video captured by KTLA-TV shows a police officer shoving a woman outside the U.S. Courthouse on First Street
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... wntown-l-a

Police don't need to be de-funded, but police UNIONS do. The officer who shoved that woman should be fired on the spot. Police unions prevent that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Presumably everyone is seeing all the various Democratic cities light up now every night. I won't keep posting video clips because presumably you have functional eyes and a functional brain. Add NYC, LA, DC, Chicago, and a few others to Seattle and Portland.

The question is why are Democratic mayors allowing their cities to burn?

It’s intentional

Big liberal cities are trying to bait Trump into sending Feds across the country

As they force his hand while letting their cities crumble

Feds will have to go in and restore order

They will call this authoritarian fascism

Blame game

That's all. This is a huge game. Meanwhile, normals get hurt. Only one party to blame here, folks.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm Are you telling me that disgusting picture 6foot posted is photo shop? If not why did you not take the time to comment on that? You kind of breezed off onto the Covington issue.

1. the Covington kid just settled his lawsuit. 6ft and others cited the story this week.
2. the moral of the Covington story was: don't trust videos or photos taken by "some guy on the internet'. That's what the WaPo, and Covington Catholic School both did. They assumed they understood what they saw. They were wrong, and paid a price.

4. 6ft, just days later, posts a photo from "some guy on the internet", assuming it's real. Assuming it's in Portland, and taking the photo at face value.

Get it?

A. Either don't believe what you see on the internet posted by "some guy on the internet". (that's what I choose)

Or, B. you're on the side of the WaPo. You're saying that WaPo SHOULD have assumed that view was true, and they had the whole story. Any time you see an image or video on the internet, it's real, it's the whole story, and you, as the viewer, get to invent the story to fit your agenda.

Sixfootstick chooses B.

It would really neat a fan if, following your charge against 6 ft., you simply added something like, my god if that photo/video is accurate, that's incredibly repugnant! Otherwise it just comes off as more partisan hackery.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 am

Get it?

Sixfootstick chooses B.

It would really neat a fan if, following your charge against 6 ft., you simply added something like, my god if that photo/video is accurate, that's incredibly repugnant. Otherwise it just comes off as more partisan hackery.

Ultimately it is pure partisan hackery. a fan has a side, in spite of his not wanting to admit it. We could post 1,000 video clips every morning now. See my post above.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am Police continue to lie about what happens, even when live TV is there filming:
One altercation erupted about 5:30 p.m., the Los Angeles Police Department said in a news release. Police said it started when some people in a crowd of peaceful protesters “began to direct physical assaults on officers,” but video captured by KTLA-TV shows a police officer shoving a woman outside the U.S. Courthouse on First Street

Police don't need to be de-funded, but police UNIONS do. The officer who shoved that woman should be fired on the spot. Police unions prevent that.

Spot on.

Funny how those delusional right wingers who normally attack unions are suddenly so "pro union".

While some right wingers in their delusionalism like to pretend that cities are all "burning" and that this is attributable to Democrat mayors, the reality is that none of the disorder would be taking place if police unions were defunded, qualified immunity was ended, and if cops were made to carry liability insurance. Blame Republican pols who refuse to enact legislative reform for these troubles, not anyone else.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Just another night in NYC.

The good:
The one patron was kind enough to close the cooler door.

The bad:
Not one person was wearing a mask.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 88448?s=20

Gotta "break a few eggs" for the cause.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:16 am
CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am Police continue to lie about what happens, even when live TV is there filming:

Spot on.

Funny how those delusional right wingers who normally attack unions are suddenly so "pro union".

While some right wingers in their delusionalism like to pretend that cities are all "burning" and that this is attributable to Democrat mayors, the reality is that none of the disorder would be taking place if police unions were defunded, qualified immunity was ended, and if cops were made to carry liability insurance. Blame Republican pols who refuse to enact legislative reform for these troubles, not anyone else.
Those Reupublican Pols like the ones who have been running Seattle, Portland, DC, Minny, Chicago and Baltimore for decades?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 am
Those Reupublican Pols like the ones who have been running Seattle, Portland, DC, Minny, Chicago and Baltimore for decades?

Dems in Minneapolis and St Paul offered to enact those reforms which would have ended the troubles. Naturally, the Repukes balked and the much needed reform was not enacted. Problems continue, of course. Same everywhere.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Balitmore is completely democrat run from top to bottom.
They could have eliminated the City police union after the Freddy Grey debacle. Still, no action.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:22 am Just another night in NYC.

The good:

The bad:

Jesus...DeBlasio should be proud. Anyone think this is photoshopped? :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Why not start a new thread of disparate videos of crimes being committed?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More jerk police ... this time in Brooklyn:

https://breaking911.com/nyc-man-suspect ... oint-rape/

This is all related to the thread topic- "Defund the police!"

:roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 am

The good:

The bad:

Jesus...DeBlasio should be proud. Anyone think this is photoshopped? :roll:

Murphy is arresting gym owners in New Jersey, but he's content to allow the maskless anarchists to burn cities down; no charges for them!!!

There must be some common thread between a guy like Murphy and a guy like de Blasio...I'll figure it out soon.

:lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 am Why not start a new thread of disparate videos of crimes being committed?
Why seacoaster? Seems relevant considering it's an example of racial policies run amok in NYC. No cops to be found, and if there was, what could they do?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The good:

The bad:

… you realize the time stamp on the video says 07-07-2020. So whatever this was, it was not this past weekend. Was most certainly not related to anything that happened with protests this past weekend.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:21 am Murphy is arresting gym owners in New Jersey
This guy’s gym isn’t too far from me. His story has been on the news a lot around here, as well as nationally. He has been flaunting the rules for a couple of months now. He has been given warning after warning.

The first time he went to court, the judge declined to fine him, jail him, or order his gym closed. Instead, the judge gave him another chance. Notwithstanding all of the many opportunities this guy has been given, he has continued to thumb his nose at the law and the health and safety regulations in the state. He deserves to be in jail. He is a lawbreaker.

Maybe one of the reasons New Jersey is doing much, much better than Florida now is that we have had decent, though not great, compliance with the rules and regulations concerning Covid safety.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 am Balitmore is completely democrat run from top to bottom.
They could have eliminated the City police union after the Freddy Grey debacle. Still, no action.
The existence of police unions is a matter of STATE law.

Return to “POLITICS”