The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2024

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am Yeah, afan, TLD, Kismet & other TDS victims have no thread discipline.
They continue to troll me on Hunter, voting, Benghazi & other off-topic wharaboutisms.
If YA, c&s, Kramerica & I did not post, there would be no diversity of opinion or information in this forum.
Boo-hoo. The troll cannot stand getting some of his own medicine. Here's an idea - just STFU and nobody will troll you, you stupid troll. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:53 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:52 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:48 am
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:16 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:08 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:28 pm No chance, with Saltine. This topic has Hunter Biden preoccupation potential. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep. Looks like Weiss will be a lifer as the US Atty for DE, drawing a DoJ paycheck through he end of Biden's term. He managed to stall Hunter's tax trial until Pop was an irrelevant lame duck & the SOL on FARA violations had run. The only remaining question is the timing of a plea deal, sentencing & pardon.
Pres Kamala will give Weiss another 4 years in DE as a reward for his loyalty, unless he's promoted within DoJ. Weiss ran out the clock.
.....just like all your other conspiracy theories. Goes out with a whimper, and you forgetting to care about it. And yep, clearly Kamala is "in on it", too. Duh. Of course she is.

Next up is your demand for in-person voting, Real ID in hand, remember? Don't forget about that. Because if you don't stay on that, we might have to come to the conclusion that you only care about this stuff because your Media Feed tell you to care, and you dutifully obey.

And when your rightwing tinfoilhat media feed stopped caring....so did you. Gee, what a coincidence.
What makes you think I no longer care about Hunter. Watch how this plays out.
Had Hunter used all the $$$ he paid lawyers to pay his back taxes + penalties + interest, he would not have been charged.

How many times do I have to explain to you how ez it could be to verify residency, citizenship & signatures of mail in absentee early ballots by using Real ID. Did you see that VA purged > 6000 noncitizens from their voter rolls.

https://www.newsweek.com/thousands-non- ... or-1937025
Youngkin outlined the criteria for maintaining accurate voter lists...
He said that this was through data sharing between the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and the Department of Elections, which allowed the state to "scrub existing voter rolls and remove noncitizens who may have purposefully or accidentally registered to vote."
There is already a thread on Hunter for you to continue to rant about - use it rather than wasting everyone's time here too. :oops:
He like playing games and wasting time. That’s his mo. It’s not that cool.
Yeah, afan, TLD, Kismet & other TDS victims have no thread discipline.
They continue to troll me on Hunter, voting, Benghazi & other off-topic wharaboutisms.
If YA, c&s, Kramerica & I did not post, there would be no diversity of opinion or information in this forum.
Well I’ve argued with them all or debated on topics. So somebody is forgetting me. But those folks post informative sharing for people information a lot too. They are trying to be part of a community. You don’t see the difference in your efforts and that’s fine. I know my role here at this stage you clearly think yours is to behave like this. Don’t get mad when someone calls you out for playing the role you choose or are in life. You earn the trolling because of your behavior. And it’s not trolling it’s petty direct onjectuon and disagreement.

Effectively you’re calling yourself a fanlax commentary hero. Wow. Somebody needs to get into a 24/7 AI bubble. Talk about victim emntality combined with superhero ego to write that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:15 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:11 am Yeah, afan, TLD, Kismet & other TDS victims have no thread discipline.
Boo-hoo. The troll cannot stand getting some of his own medicine. Here's an idea - just STFU and nobody will troll you, you stupid troll. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wait until cradle pops up to say he’s tougher than Superman and we’re all pussies if we didn’t serve blindly. Because you know service the ONLY measurement of a man. So idiotic.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:43 pm Such chickenschidt stuff. It's been fixed, end of piszin' contest.
He was a CSM then he wasn't because he retired before he
completed all the requirements. No cowardice, no abandonment.
Subject exhausted, time to move on.
It OS internet is in continuing to chip away at the guy not resolve the background. That’s the bad faith and lying he’s doing about this. It won’t end. Not part of his game plan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:49 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:34 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:52 pm No you didn't answer it. Are you still maintaining that Walz "fudged" a teeny bit? The Guard does not say anything about fudging. They say he served in that rank.

Seems to me that you are bull shirting and denigrating the service of another veteran.

So again.

Did Walz serve in that office or not?

Yes or no.

If you really are a vet, I'd think this should be pretty simple for you. UCMJ makes lying an offense, right?
I don't know, are you actually a lawyer or are you just pretending? You most certainly don't have the demeanor of a lawyer. What personal injury ferm do you work for? I'm guessing your specialty is slip and fall give ggait a call. 8-)
Ferm? What is THAT exactly? :lol: :lol: ;)
Already corrected that was my not so smart phone at work. :oops:
W-T-F word did it change to FERM? There is no word FERM in the English lexicon that I can find. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Also on top of other reply did you check the authoritative Urbandictionary as well?
old salt

Post by old salt »

If the issue was not relevant, the HarrIs-Walz campaign would not still be backfilling & issuing corrections.
NY Times answered what it would have taken for Master Sergeant Walz to complete the course work for advancement to Sergeant Major.
...the coursework — which would have taken 664 hours online and 86 hours in person to complete — required to keep the rank of sergeant major.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4822265-go ... ry-record/
GOP scrutiny intensifies over Walz’s military record
BY ELLEN MITCHELL , 08/11/24

The GOP continues to hammer Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz over his military record, with the Harris campaign quickly pivoting to quell fresh questions on his deployment during the Afghanistan war.

...Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) — the chair of the House Armed Services’ Military Personnel subcommittee — sent a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin asking if Walz’s embellishments amounted to “stolen valor.”
In the Thursday letter to Austin, first reported by Axios, Banks writes of his concerns over how Walz represented his time in the Guard.

Harris’s presidential campaign quickly attempted damage control, issuing a statement Friday that asserts Walz “misspoke” in the video released by the campaign this past week, according to a campaign spokesperson.
“Governor Walz would never insult or undermine any American’s service to this country — in fact, he thanks Senator Vance for putting his life on the line for our country. It’s the American way,” they said in a statement, as reported by NBC News.

“In making the case for why weapons of war should never be on our streets or in our classrooms, the Governor misspoke. He did handle weapons of war and believes strongly that only military members trained to carry those deadly weapons should have access to them, unlike Donald Trump and JD Vance who prioritize the gun lobby over our children,” the spokesperson added.

The campaign also updated its online biography of Walz’s military service, noting on its website that he once served at the command sergeant major rank. The change, first reported by Politico, is a small tweak from its earlier reference to the vice presidential nominee as a “retired command sergeant major.”

The website for Walz’s gubernatorial office in Minnesota still describes him as “Command Sergeant Major Walz.”

Walz did serve as a command sergeant major while in the military but he retired one step down as a master sergeant as he had not completed required coursework for the higher rank.

The National Guard in the past has said Walz served as a command sergeant major while in the Guard.
“Walz attained the rank of command sergeant major and served in that role but retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes due to not completing additional coursework,” Army public affairs officer Lt. Col. Kristen Augé said in a 2022 statement to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

And in his letter, Banks presses the Pentagon on when Walz started his retirement process, if he was “deployed overseas to Iraq or Afghanistan to serve in combat,” and whether he misrepresented his service.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:42 am If the issue was not relevant, the HarrIs-Walz campaign would not still be backfilling & issuing corrections.
NY Times answered what it would have taken for Master Sergeant Walz to complete the course work for advancement to Sergeant Major.
...the coursework — which would have taken 664 hours online and 86 hours in person to complete — required to keep the rank of sergeant major.

The GOP continues to hammer Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz over his military record, with the Harris campaign quickly pivoting to quell fresh questions on his deployment during the Afghanistan war.

...Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) — the chair of the House Armed Services’ Military Personnel subcommittee — sent a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin asking if Walz’s embellishments amounted to “stolen valor.”
In the Thursday letter to Austin, first reported by Axios, Banks writes of his concerns over how Walz represented his time in the Guard.

Harris’s presidential campaign quickly attempted damage control, issuing a statement Friday that asserts Walz “misspoke” in the video released by the campaign this past week, according to a campaign spokesperson.
“Governor Walz would never insult or undermine any American’s service to this country — in fact, he thanks Senator Vance for putting his life on the line for our country. It’s the American way,” they said in a statement, as reported by NBC News.

“In making the case for why weapons of war should never be on our streets or in our classrooms, the Governor misspoke. He did handle weapons of war and believes strongly that only military members trained to carry those deadly weapons should have access to them, unlike Donald Trump and JD Vance who prioritize the gun lobby over our children,” the spokesperson added.

The campaign also updated its online biography of Walz’s military service, noting on its website that he once served at the command sergeant major rank. The change, first reported by Politico, is a small tweak from its earlier reference to the vice presidential nominee as a “retired command sergeant major.”

The website for Walz’s gubernatorial office in Minnesota still describes him as “Command Sergeant Major Walz.”

Walz did serve as a command sergeant major while in the military but he retired one step down as a master sergeant as he had not completed required coursework for the higher rank.

The National Guard in the past has said Walz served as a command sergeant major while in the Guard.
“Walz attained the rank of command sergeant major and served in that role but retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes due to not completing additional coursework,” Army public affairs officer Lt. Col. Kristen Augé said in a 2022 statement to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

And in his letter, Banks presses the Pentagon on when Walz started his retirement process, if he was “deployed overseas to Iraq or Afghanistan to serve in combat,” and whether he misrepresented his service.
It’s not relevant and your logic is backwards if not just wrong. And you’re supporting The NY Times as relevant. Funny. And pathetic.

There’s new stories abiut reduced vermin. Not relevant. The idea that “in the paper” = “universally relevant” is absurd and dumb.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:28 pm No chance, with Saltine. This topic has Hunter Biden preoccupation potential. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep. Looks like Weiss will be a lifer as the US Atty for DE, drawing a DoJ paycheck through he end of Biden's term. He managed to stall Hunter's tax trial until Pop was an irrelevant lame duck & the SOL on FARA violations had run. The only remaining question is the timing of a plea deal, sentencing & pardon.
Pres Kamala will give Weiss another 4 years in DE as a reward for his loyalty, unless he's promoted within DoJ. Weiss ran out the clock.
.....just like all your other conspiracy theories. Goes out with a whimper, and you forgetting to care about it. And yep, clearly Kamala is "in on it", too. Duh. Of course she is.

Next up is your demand for in-person voting, Real ID in hand, remember? Don't forget about that. Because if you don't stay on that, we might have to come to the conclusion that you only care about this stuff because your Media Feed tell you to care, and you dutifully obey.

And when your rightwing tinfoilhat media feed stopped caring....so did you. Gee, what a coincidence.
Had Hunter used all the $$$ he paid lawyers to pay his back taxes + penalties + interest, he would not have been charged.

How many times do I have to explain to you how ez it could be to verify residency, citizenship & signatures of mail in absentee early ballots by using Real ID. Did you see that VA purged > 6000 noncitizens from their voter rolls.

He said that this was through data sharing between the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and the Department of Elections, which allowed the state to "scrub existing voter rolls and remove noncitizens who may have purposefully or accidentally registered to vote."
There is already a thread on Hunter for you to continue to rant about - use it rather than wasting everyone's time here too. :oops:
We're all hanging in suspense waiting for ffg's next unintelligible financial tome.
👍
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:52 am

We're all hanging in suspense waiting for ffg's next unintelligible financial tome.
👍
That thumb has how much salty dookie on it?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:42 am If the issue was not relevant, the HarrIs-Walz campaign would not still be backfilling & issuing corrections.

Funny how the intelligent deeper folks around here understand what I post on finance. Interesting correlation. The ones
Who have problems are basically os and cradle. Quite a coincidence. YA and I hve had numerous financial discussions. Your homeboy and I have a just fine dollhouse around that and his hubris is managed decently so he asks real questions when he doesn’t understand rather than attack (like victim babies like you) with charges of unintelligible rather humbly ask for clarification.

Such a clown. I feel obligated to share this song with you - trigger warning for mouth breathing anachronistic fools-it’s got black folk in it

https://youtu.be/51B55OQysj8?si=yGrQJnLB_MwEqWel
old salt

Post by old salt »

A combat vet, former (R) Congressman who voted to impeach Trump posted this on X.
https://x.com/RepMeijer/status/1821393866542465266
@RepMeijer
Gonna piss off everyone with this take, but what the hell:

I think Walz played fast & loose with his military bio to stay above water as his congressional district drifted right. He let audiences paint in their minds a deceptive picture. It was shady but not stolen valor.
11:51 PM · Aug 7, 2024
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:58 am A combat vet, former (R) Congressman who voted to impeach Trump posted this on X.
https://x.com/RepMeijer/status/1821393866542465266
@RepMeijer
Gonna piss off everyone with this take, but what the hell:

I think Walz played fast & loose with his military bio to stay above water as his congressional district drifted right. He let audiences paint in their minds a deceptive picture. It was shady but not stolen valor.
11:51 PM · Aug 7, 2024
And that’s worse than Trump to you.

Brain damaged
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:08 am Another factor in Master Sergeant Walz's retirement decision -- I believe he would have incurred an obligation to serve another 3 years if he completed the course work for Sergeant Major & began receiving E-9 pay. Many of his peers had their retirements cancelled by the ensuing stop loss. Walz somehow managed to quickly pull the plug, faster than normal, just in time. That factors into the resentment being directed at him by his fellow soldiers who had to deploy. It was even more disruptive for NG soldiers who had to leave their civilian jobs & lives for such a lengthy deployment. Walz could have remained in the NG & still be a Congressman but he would not have been able to deploy with his unit.
Man, salty, that R has really got a chokehold on you. To put this kind of negative twist on Walz and to insinuate that his retirement was anything less than honorable (honorable in the way he went about it) is just wrong.
Yes, he undoubtedly would have had to extend in order to accept E-9. This was me at E-6, I would have had to extend (think it was 3 years) in order to accept it but I didn't and I got out. This is commonplace, everyday stuff but you hear cowardice and abandonment re Walz and it's just so very wrong.
You can give me some proof of the "many" who put in for retirement but were denied because of the mission at hand? Aint buyin' it (yes, I know it can happen). Aint buyin' the faster than normal, just in time stuff either. After 24 years he decided to retire and went about it as dictated by procedure and regulations.
" Walz could have remained in the NG & still be a Congressman but he would not have been able to deploy with his unit."
So after 24 years he decides to pursue a different path and retires from the NG and this brings the coward and abandonment twist (which you insinuate and perpetuate). Very unbecoming and just wrong....but it's all about that R.
My father attained the rank of Captain during WW II (the guy with the three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star...all with Vs...and three Purple Hearts) but was put back to enlisted when the war ended for the same reasons Walz retired as a Master Sergeant. I think (not positive of this) this was called being RIF(fed)...Rank In Field. Ten years after retirement his pay went to Captain's pay. I always called him the Sergeant Major, he was the epitome of a Command Sergeant Major, believe me. Here he is as an officer (can't tell if that's 1st or 2nd Lt.) fresh out of the hospital before heading back to combat. Those distant eyes speak volumes to me, lot going on in that head.
Last edited by DMac on Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:29 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:08 am Another factor in Master Sergeant Walz's retirement decision -- I believe he would have incurred an obligation to serve another 3 years if he completed the course work for Sergeant Major & began receiving E-9 pay. Many of his peers had their retirements cancelled by the ensuing stop loss. Walz somehow managed to quickly pull the plug, faster than normal, just in time. That factors into the resentment being directed at him by his fellow soldiers who had to deploy. It was even more disruptive for NG soldiers who had to leave their civilian jobs & lives for such a lengthy deployment. Walz could have remained in the NG & still be a Congressman but he would not have been able to deploy with his unit.
Man, salty, that R has really got a chokehold on you. To put this kind of negative twist on Walz and to insinuate that his retirement was anything less than honorable (honorable in the way he went about it) is just wrong.
Yes, he undoubtedly would have had to extend in order to accept E-9. This was me at E-6, I would have had to extend (think it was 3 years) in order to accept it but I didn't and I got out. This is commonplace, everyday stuff but you hear cowardice and abandonment re Walz and it's just so very wrong.
You can give me some proof of the "many" who put in for retirement but were denied because of the mission at hand? Aint buyin' it (yes, I know it can happen). Aint buyin' the faster than normal, just in time stuff either. After 24 years he decided to retire and went about it as dictated by procedure and regulations.
" Walz could have remained in the NG & still be a Congressman but he would not have been able to deploy with his unit."
So after 24 years he decides to pursue a different path and retires from the NG and this brings the coward and abandonment twist (which you insinuate and perpetuate). Very unbecoming and just wrong....but it's all about that R.
My father attained the rank of Captain during WW II (the guy with the three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star...all with Vs...and three Purple Hearts) but was put back to enlisted when the war ended for the same reasons Walz retired as a Master Sergeant. I think (not positive of this) this was called being RIF(fed)...Rank In Field. Ten years after retirement his pay went to Captain's pay. I always called him the Sergeant Major, he was the epitome of a Command Sergeant Major, believe me. Here he is as an officer (can't tell if that's 1st or 2nd Lt.) fresh out of the hospital before heading back to combat. Those distant eyes speak volumes to me, lot going in that head.
Folks have been saying that for a while. Along with the fact that it’s temporal and his service doesn’t immune him from the other many years of his life. It all
Counts not just some.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Trump’s Attacks on Georgia’s GOP Governor Stand to Benefit Harris
As the presidential race tightens, Republicans in the state would rather focus on unifying against Democrats

Cameron McWhirterAug. 11, 2024 at 5:00 am

Trump’s loss here in 2020 left the state’s Republican Party deeply fractured, with Trump blaming Kemp and other statewide GOP officials for refusing to overturn President Biden’s narrow victory in the state. Republican officials have blamed the feuding for repeated losses in Senate races.

“I thought any kind of bad blood had blown over, and I don’t know why President Trump would want to reopen that wound and attack a very popular governor,” said state Sen. Larry Walker III, a member of the Georgia Senate GOP’s leadership.

Trump, at an Atlanta rally recently at Georgia State University, called Kemp “a bad guy.”

“He’s a disloyal guy and he’s a very average governor. Little Brian, little Brian Kemp,” Trump said.

Walker called Trump’s comments “definitely unproductive and unwarranted,” adding: “If we continue with this kind of feud, it will make it more difficult” to win Georgia.

Ryan Mahoney, a longtime Georgia political strategist who has worked for Kemp and other Republicans, called it “political suicide.”

Former President Trump waved to supporters after his campaign rally at the Georgia State Convocation Center in early August. Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Mahoney added: “We’ve seen this movie before, and the former president’s baseless and ill-advised remarks will make it damn near impossible for Republicans to prevail in November.”

Only weeks ago, with Biden in the race, some state polls showed Trump up by 5 percentage points. Since the president dropped out, Georgia polls show Vice President Kamala Harris running a much closer race, with some surveys finding Harris and Trump tied. Two major political handicappers now rate Georgia as a tossup after previously rating it “Lean Republican.”

Trump pressured Kemp and others publicly in 2020 to overturn his loss. He also made telephone calls to state leaders, pressing them to find evidence of election fraud, including an infamous call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger urging him to “find” votes for Trump. Investigations and audits found no evidence of widespread fraud. In August 2023, Democratic Georgia prosecutor Fani Willis announced an indictment against Trump and others, charging them with operating a criminal enterprise to overturn the 2020 election. The case is ongoing.

During Trump’s Atlanta rally, a crowd of thousands booed at the mention of Kemp’s name. Trump said he didn’t want Kemp’s endorsement, adding, “In my opinion, they want us to lose…If we lose Georgia, we lose the whole thing.”

He then posted similar attacks on Truth Social, his social-media platform, calling Kemp “a bad guy” and Georgia’s economy “average.”

“Brian Kemp should focus his efforts on fighting Crime, not fighting Unity and the Republican Party!” he wrote.

The crowd at the Atlanta Trump rally earlier this month, saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Photo: Dustin Chambers/Bloomberg News
Georgia Republican leaders had hoped the quarrel between Trump and Kemp was in the past. Kemp told The Wall Street Journal in June that he was willing to move on and support Trump’s candidacy. Afterward, Kemp said on X that Trump should stop “engaging in petty personal insults, attacking fellow Republicans, or dwelling on the past.”

On Friday, during an interview with conservative radio host Erick Erickson at an event in Atlanta, Kemp said he still planned to support the Republican ticket in the fall. “Regardless of the noise, we’re plowing ahead,” he said.

The saga was a reminder of how Trump nurses a grudge and often veers off script, adding to worries among allies that he can sometimes be his own worst enemy. Just before the Atlanta rally, Trump faced criticism for questioning Harris’s racial identity as part of his campaign’s overarching goal of painting her as inauthentic.

Stephen Lawson, a Republican consultant who worked on former Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s failed election bid in 2020, said the rally could have been used to unite Georgia Republican voters against the Democratic ticket. “Instead, it was lobbing bombs,” Lawson said.

“Georgia Republicans, Georgia independents, and swing voters don’t want divisiveness. They don’t want a relitigation of 2020,” he said.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

Will Donald Trump’s strategy in Georgia pay off in November? Why or why not? Join the conversation below.

Infighting and other problems within the state Republican apparatus after the 2020 election led Kemp to set up his own get-out-the-vote operation. That statewide effort, apart from the state GOP, helped Kemp win the primary and the general election in 2022. Kemp also formed a federal political-action committee, Hardworking Americans, which has aided GOP Senate candidates around the country. He has another state committee aiding candidates in Georgia.

A person with direct knowledge of Kemp’s political operation said Trump’s remarks were uncalled for, and said any joint appearances between the two were now likely “off-the-table.” This person added that conversations between the Trump and Kemp camps “aren’t taking place.”

A Trump spokeswoman didn’t respond to a request for comment on whether Trump and Kemp would appear together on the campaign and whether the two camps are talking. Earlier, when asked about Trump’s Atlanta speech, the spokeswoman referred to Trump’s Truth Social post criticizing Kemp.

Kemp and Trump were once allies. Before Kemp won his first race for governor in 2018 against Democrat Stacey Abrams, Trump—then president—tweeted that he gave Kemp “my full and total endorsement.” After Kemp won, Trump sent him a signed congratulations on a copy of a Wall Street Journal article about the election.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp in 2019 with President Trump. Photo: Curtis Compton/Atlanta Journal-Constitution/AP
The relationship imploded after the 2020 presidential election when Kemp said he had no authority to overturn the results in Georgia. Meanwhile, two other sitting Republicans from Georgia, Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, echoed Trump’s claims and focused on false accusations of election fraud, taking away from their own campaign messages. They both lost in January 2021.

The string of losses for Republicans, who have dominated Georgia politics for decades, set off a sharp split in the state GOP between a Trump faction and others, led by Kemp, seeking to move beyond the loss. Candidates put up to challenge Kemp and Raffensperger failed in 2022, and Trump-backed candidate Herschel Walker lost to Democratic Raphael Warnock in a Senate race that same year.

The party split endures.

Newsletter Sign-up

WSJ Politics & Policy

Scoops, analysis and insights driving Washington from the WSJ's D.C. bureau.

Kemp has overseen a large state budget surplus, a major tax cut for residents and historically low unemployment in the state. An Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll from June found 63% of those surveyed approved of Kemp’s job in office. An AJC poll from July found 48% of those surveyed had a favorable opinion of Trump.

GOP leaders hoped the two men could bury the hatchet for this election.

Georgia Republican Lt. Gov. Burt Jones, who attended the rally and was praised by Trump, said in a statement to the Journal: “I am friends with both the president and the governor and as much as I would like for my friends to be friends sometimes that is not the case…and that’s ok.”

Others, like Lawson, the political consultant, say a fractured relationship could be detrimental.

“We know exactly how this story ends. If he’s not running on the issues, he’s going to lose,” he said.

Write to Cameron McWhirter at [email protected]
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My father attained the rank of Captain during WW II (the guy with the three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star...all with Vs...and three Purple Hearts) but was put back to enlisted when the war ended for the same reasons Walz retired as a Master Sergeant. I think (not positive of this) this was called being RIF(fed)...Rank In Field. Ten years after retirement his pay went to Captain's pay. I always called him the Sergeant Major, he was the epitome of a Command Sergeant Major, believe me. Here he is as an officer (can't tell if that's 1st or 2nd Lt.) fresh out of the hospital before heading back to combat. Those distant eyes speak volumes to me, lot going in that head.
Btw inlike old pics of folks and yes I see depth there. That or firmly thinking about some a** he had in leave. One of the two definitely though. But the soul is in the eyes
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

DMac:
My father attained the rank of Captain during WW II (the guy with the three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star...all with Vs...and three Purple Hearts) but was put back to enlisted when the war ended for the same reasons Walz retired as a Master Sergeant. I think (not positive of this) this was called being RIF(fed)...Rank In Field. Ten years after retirement his pay went to Captain's pay. I always called him the Sergeant Major, he was the epitome of a Command Sergeant Major, believe me. Here he is as an officer (can't tell if that's 1st or 2nd Lt.) fresh out of the hospital before heading back to combat. Those distant eyes speak volumes to me, lot going on in that head.
Super impressive, so much respect for him and you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm going by what's been said by 3 CSM's who served in the same Brigade as Walz. Including the Brigade CSM who was blindsided when Walz jumped the chain of command in expediting his retirement package & the CSM who replaced Walz.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6360066172112

What stop loss means to vets who have dealt with it.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/ta ... s-for-vets
Last edited by old salt on Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Andersen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:45 am DMac:
Super impressive, so much respect for him and you.
He deserves it, me, not so much but thanks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:58 am
I'm going by what's been said by 3 CSM's who served in the same Brigade as Walz. Including the Brigade CSM who was blindsided when Walz jumped the chain of command in expediting his retirement package & the CSM who replaced Walz.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6360066172112

Unimpressed, changes nothing.
What are the odds this guy has a R next to his name?
This twist is so wrong...guy says quit instead of retired, c'mon!!

Return to “POLITICS”