~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: ~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:14 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:50 pm He promised to transfer wealth to the wealthy. He fid manage to do that massively while raiding taxes on the poor.
Trump taxed a great deal of high tax blue state wealth by capping the SALT deduction.

How did gross tax revenues compare after Trump's tax package was implemented ?
https://austinscott.house.gov/2023/1/ju ... port-shows
:lol: :lol: :lol: For a guy who's mocked everyone else's financial acumen, you sure do like to play dumb.

Dude: what happens to tax revenues when Trump borrows over $2trillion, and hands it out to businesses and people in America?

Gee, do-ya think those trillions will get taxed several times, and some (some) will return to the US Treasury coffers?

This is why we have a massive deficit: we have millions of Republican voters who don't understand how loans work....or in your case, pretend you don't know.

I've used this metaphor before......the Republican party thinks this is how it works: on his way home from work, a man takes out a $10k loan, comes home and tells the wife "great news honey! I got a $10k bonus from work today!! We should go out and celebrate".

Real conservatives used to make fun of this stupidity. Now? This passes as Republican economic policy.

The part you and your calculator-challenged Republicans want voters to ignore is: yeah, tax revenues went up. But Trump borrowed $2Trillion+ to get that neat-o tax revenue to go up.

Do you know how long it will be before our interest on debt payments will exceed military spending? This year, the CBO pegs are payments on interest will hit $893 Billion. That's closing in on HALF of what we spend on defense.

Yet here you are, cheering this on, telling me you're a conservative.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:26 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:50 pm He promised to transfer wealth to the wealthy. He fid manage to do that massively while raiding taxes on the poor.
Trump taxed a great deal of high tax blue state wealth by capping the SALT deduction.

:lol: :lol: :lol: For a guy who's mocked everyone else's financial acumen, you sure do like to play dumb.

Dude: what happens to tax revenues when Trump borrows over $2trillion, and hands it out to businesses and people in America?

Gee, do-ya think those trillions will get taxed several times, and some (some) will return to the US Treasury coffers?

This is why we have a massive deficit: we have millions of Republican voters who don't understand how loans work....or in your case, pretend you don't know.

I've used this metaphor before......the Republican party thinks this is how it works: on his way home from work, a man takes out a $10k loan, comes home and tells the wife "great news honey! I got a $10k bonus from work today!! We should go out and celebrate".

Real conservatives used to make fun of this stupidity. Now? This passes as Republican economic policy.

The part you and your calculator-challenged Republicans want voters to ignore is: yeah, tax revenues went up. But Trump borrowed $2Trillion+ to get that neat-o tax revenue to go up.

Do you know how long it will be before our interest on debt payments will exceed military spending? This year, the CBO pegs are payments on interest will hit $893 Billion. That's closing in on HALF of what we spend on defense.

So the Republicans alone are responsible for 35 trillion of our national debt soon to be 36 trillion around October? It takes 2 to Tango my man. There are plenty of pigs at the trough wearing both blue and red sweaters.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:24 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:56 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:28 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:16 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:08 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:55 pm He's made new speeches about new policies. So has the Republican party...they actually put out a platform with plenty of new things on it.

You don't care. You're here to throw stones, and ignore what the R's do that you might disagree with.

Again, you have ZERO interest in discussing ideas.
I'm content with the 2024 RNC platform.' not to be confused with Project 2025.
I don't expect to sell it to anyone in this forum, & debating it with you, or most of the rest of this forum, is an exercise in futility.
Most of the former posters who would agree with me have been squelched or run off by the hostility.
You're full of Sh9t. COMPLETELY full of sh9t.

And I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about the R Platform...which I actually read. Not 2025.

There is PLENTY of policy there that I agree with. And PLENTY of ideas that you and I agree with.

I disagree with the spleen and hate that GUSHES from the Preamble "America is in serious decline"....basically a FoxNation infomercial designed to scare everyone who is your age.

You are the one who's taken it upon himself to play this Us vs. Them game. Not me. I'm willing and ready to discuss ideas, doubly so because Trump will be our President.
I agree that we are in decline. Look at what's going on in Ukraine, the ME, & West Pac. Look at our national debt, unfunded future entitlements, personal debt, declining standard of living for middle class & below, loss of control of the border & expense of supporting the flood of low skill migrants, lack of skilled HS grads, mountains of student debt for dropouts or worthless degrees, difficulty in meeting required military recruitment , difficulty in protecting Pres candidate & threats to SC Justices, public safety in our cities.
.... and none of this has been a problem for many decades. ^^ old guy with selective memory :lol:
Don't worry. Climate change is going to kill us all anyway.
👍
Maybe sooner rather than later

https://www.wired.com/story/amoc-collap ... tic-ocean/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:45 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:55 pm He's made new speeches about new policies. So has the Republican party...they actually put out a platform with plenty of new things on it.

You don't care. You're here to throw stones, and ignore what the R's do that you might disagree with.

I don't expect to sell it to anyone in this forum, & debating it with you, or most of the rest of this forum, is an exercise in futility.
Most of the former posters who would agree with me have been squelched or run off by the hostility.

And I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about the R Platform...which I actually read. Not 2025.

There is PLENTY of policy there that I agree with. And PLENTY of ideas that you and I agree with.

I disagree with the spleen and hate that GUSHES from the Preamble "America is in serious decline"....basically a FoxNation infomercial designed to scare everyone who is your age.

You are the one who's taken it upon himself to play this Us vs. Them game. Not me. I'm willing and ready to discuss ideas, doubly so because Trump will be our President.
I agree that we are in decline. Look at what's going on in Ukraine, the ME, & West Pac. Look at our national debt, unfunded future entitlements, personal debt, declining standard of living for middle class & below, loss of control of the border & expense of supporting the flood of low skill migrants, lack of skilled HS grads, mountains of student debt for dropouts or worthless degrees, difficulty in meeting required military recruitment , difficulty in protecting Pres candidate & threats to SC Justices, public safety in our cities.
.... and none of this has been a problem for many decades. ^^ old guy with selective memory :lol:
👍

And yet all of those rich folks are gobbling up prime ocean front real estate like it's going out of style. ;) The threat of climate change ain't worryin them no never mind. :D
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:41 pm
So the Republicans alone are responsible for 35 trillion of our national debt soon to be 36 trillion around October? It takes 2 to Tango my man. There are plenty of pigs at the trough wearing both blue and red sweaters.
Yes. Know why? When was the last time a Republican raised taxes?

Our spending is now at Reagan levels. Which was perfectly fine with Conservative Americans at the time.

The PROBLEM is that corporations and the rich are skating.....getting more and more of their earnings from non-taxable sources, instead of labor.

And the bottom 50% earners are paying NOTHING in income taxes. That's why we are where we are.

And finally, we're taxing investments at a lower rate than labor. This is CRIMINAL, and is the biggest reason the rich keep getting richer.

Spending isn't the problem.

And if you think it is the problem, Cradle? Guess which Presidents cut spending? That's right: both Obama and Biden.

It's the Republicans, my man. And all you have to do is put a microphone in front of a registered R. To a person, they're going to lie their ***es off, and tell you that their income is taxed more now than they were under Reagan.

They're delusional, buying what FoxNation talking heads are selling them.....all while the 1%ers on FoxNews dodge taxes via income from investments and other fun shenanigans.

This is illustrated perfectly in YOUR State as well, Cradle: they've been handing out tax breaks for corporations so much that income from corporate tax is a FRACTION of what it was in the 90's. Result? Cradle pays THEIR taxes. Only difference is: Federally, the R's are the problem. NYState? It's the D's handing out breaks to the Multinationals.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:06 pm

👍

And yet all of those rich folks are gobbling up prime ocean front real estate like it's going out of style. ;) The threat of climate change ain't worryin them no never mind. :D
They can self insure, cradle. That's how the rich roll...they can afford losses.

What you need to watch is: are insurers refusing to insure the working class in these areas?

You're forced to listen to two groups when it comes to climate change, and they don't care what you or anyone else thinks: insurers, and farmers.

Neither group cares WHY the climate is changing. But they're making financial choices based on risk and reality. So I'd listen to them, if you're going to ignore everyone else.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:30 pm

👍

They can self insure, cradle. That's how the rich roll...they can afford losses.

What you need to watch is: are insurers refusing to insure the working class in these areas?

You're forced to listen to two groups when it comes to climate change, and they don't care what you or anyone else thinks: insurers, and farmers.

Neither group cares WHY the climate is changing. But they're making financial choices based on risk and reality. So I'd listen to them, if you're going to ignore everyone else.
[/quote

So they will risk the lives of their loved ones then? You could rebuild a house yes but you can't replace loved ones lost.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:26 pm

a the opportunity zone piece winds down it’s clear that was a stupid was of everyone’s time and bad width.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:27 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:41 pm
Yes. Know why? When was the last time a Republican raised taxes?

Our spending is now at Reagan levels. Which was perfectly fine with Conservative Americans at the time.

The PROBLEM is that corporations and the rich are skating.....getting more and more of their earnings from non-taxable sources, instead of labor.

And the bottom 50% earners are paying NOTHING in income taxes. That's why we are where we are.

And finally, we're taxing investments at a lower rate than labor. This is CRIMINAL, and is the biggest reason the rich keep getting richer.

Spending isn't the problem.

And if you think it is the problem, Cradle? Guess which Presidents cut spending? That's right: both Obama and Biden.

It's the Republicans, my man. And all you have to do is put a microphone in front of a registered R. To a person, they're going to lie their ***es off, and tell you that their income is taxed more now than they were under Reagan.

They're delusional, buying what FoxNation talking heads are selling them.....all while the 1%ers on FoxNews dodge taxes via income from investments and other fun shenanigans.

This is illustrated perfectly in YOUR State as well, Cradle: they've been handing out tax breaks for corporations so much that income from corporate tax is a FRACTION of what it was in the 90's. Result? Cradle pays THEIR taxes. Only difference is: Federally, the R's are the problem. NYState? It's the D's handing out breaks to the Multinationals.
When was the last time either party cut spending? Increasing taxes is only 1/2 of any possible solution.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

👍

Time saver for others-
The two climate scientists made a plot of the numbers and a neat cluster emerged. Yes—2057. But that’s just the middle point: In 95 percent of the model’s simulations, the AMOC tipped sometime between 2025 and 2095.
And the scare at the end-- The tipping point coulda already happened!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:55 pm

👍

Time saver for others-
The two climate scientists made a plot of the numbers and a neat cluster emerged. Yes—2057. But that’s just the middle point: In 95 percent of the model’s simulations, the AMOC tipped sometime between 2025 and 2095.
And the scare at the end-- The tipping point coulda already happened!
👍 The tipping points are goalposts always being moved backwards. That is simply explained...nobody knows what the planet will do or when or how it will do it. We're all just along for the ride so take the time to enjoy the view.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:52 pm When was the last time either party cut spending? Increasing taxes is only 1/2 of any possible solution.
Just last year, my man.

2022: $6.27 Trillion
2023: $6.13 Trillion

Then under Obama:

2009: $3.5
2010: $3.45

2011: $3.6
2012: $3.5
2013: $3.45

Do you see why I blame the Republicans yet? Should I show you how much Trump spent? ;)

And again, Biden is spending what Reagan was spending.....the darling of the small government conservatives. So it's hard to argue that's the problem.

Cradle, FFS, we're paying HALF the effective income tax rate we did under Bill Clinton. What needs to happen for folks to get it, and realize we have to raise taxes?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:52 pm When was the last time either party cut spending? Increasing taxes is only 1/2 of any possible solution.
Just last year, my man.

2022: $6.27 Trillion
2023: $6.13 Trillion

Then under Obama:

2009: $3.5
2010: $3.45

2011: $3.6
2012: $3.5
2013: $3.45

Do you see why I blame the Republicans yet? Should I show you how much Trump spent? ;)

And again, Biden is spending what Reagan was spending.....the darling of the small government conservatives. So it's hard to argue that's the problem.

Cradle, FFS, we're paying HALF the effective income tax rate we did under Bill Clinton. What needs to happen for folks to get it, and realize we have to raise taxes?
Explain to me why in the State of New York people who have lived in their homes for 40 years and retire on a fixed income can't afford to stay in their homes? They can't afford to keep their homes because on a fixed income THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE TAXES!!! Whose taxes is it you want to raise?? The upper crust finances BOTH political parties. You seriously effing think that their taxes will be raised? That's gonna happen just like spending in DC will be cut. You and I have both advocated a true and equitable flat tax. Why is it nobody in charge in DC is even floating a trial balloon? The same reason they are not cutting spending. They don't fit their political agendas. So retired folks like my wife and I will be forced to sell their homes because on a fixed income they can't afford the property taxes anymore. My wife and I fortunately are not in this dilemma. The national debt is increasing by a trillion dollars every 100 days. Do you seriously think simply raising taxes will solve that problem? It won't amount to a hill of beans. You can't get blood out of a stone. You do know that maintenance on the national debt is on par with the defense budget. 800 billion dollars a year and climbing. Who the eff cares about that?? Answer...nobody in Washington DC. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

In the Russia prisoner-swap story, here is a detail from the story:

An hour before President Biden announced that he would step aside in his reelection campaign, he was on the phone with the President of Slovenia, trying to close the deal that would bring American citizens held as hostages home.

The guy is 81 years-old. He’s got Covid. He’s an hour away from a seismic, painful decision—and he’s personally participating in a complicated foreign policy maneuver that saves lives, brought the people under his protection home.

But it might be better if he was ranting at a rally in Atlanta about the "stolen election" and the GOP functionaries that allowed the "steal" to happen. The title of this thread, "courtesy" of a chucklehead, is just ludicrous.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:15 am In the Russia prisoner-swap story, here is a detail from the story:

An hour before President Biden announced that he would step aside in his reelection campaign, he was on the phone with the President of Slovenia, trying to close the deal that would bring American citizens held as hostages home.

The guy is 81 years-old. He’s got Covid. He’s an hour away from a seismic, painful decision—and he’s personally participating in a complicated foreign policy maneuver that saves lives, brought the people under his protection home.

But it might be better if he was ranting at a rally in Atlanta about the "stolen election" and the GOP functionaries that allowed the "steal" to happen. The title of this thread, "courtesy" of a chucklehead, is just ludicrous.
And you believe that without question? It is one of those stories that sounds kinda hinky to me. If Biden was that clear headed why did he drop out of the race? Perhaps those moments of clarity they come and they go? :D
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:55 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:15 am In the Russia prisoner-swap story, here is a detail from the story:

And you believe that without question? It is one of those stories that sounds kinda hinky to me. If Biden was that clear headed why did he drop out of the race? Perhaps those moments of clarity they come and they go? :D
He dropped out of the race because his party -- functionaries and voters alike -- wanted someone younger to take on Trump, particularly after the debate performance. Nothing "hinky" about this. In carrying out this almost impossible job, he has done a very good job.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:02 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:55 am

He dropped out of the race because his party -- functionaries and voters alike -- wanted someone younger to take on Trump, particularly after the debate performance. Nothing "hinky" about this. In carrying out this almost impossible job, he has done a very good job.
Biden dropped out of the race after he crapped the bed after the first debate. Up until the day he withdrew from the race Joe was adamant he was in it to win it and Sen Clyburn from South Carolina was still " ridin with Biden" It appears counselor your trying to rearrange the facts a tad bit.. ;) What happened was the mini revolution in the Democrat party forced someone with influence to finally read Joe Biden the " riot act " Maybe they threatened to hide the keys to his Corvette?
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Biden dropped out because his own most trusted people showed him the day before or so he dropped that the path to victory was essentially nil. They had been avoiding that conversation in (my guess) the hope that things might turn around, which they did not.

And he basically passed on the torch to his VP, as any other way of handling his replacement would have been a true nightmare for the Democratic party. That way his entire re-election organization and money raised could be handed over smoothly.

And Kamala consolidated the votes in record time, preventing anyone else seriously from jumping into the D race.

The fact that the fundraising has been so immense (and truly grassroots driven) has both united the Ds and driven their excitement up.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:23 pm Biden dropped out because his own most trusted people showed him the day before or so he dropped that the path to victory was essentially nil. They had been avoiding that conversation in (my guess) the hope that things might turn around, which they did not.

And he basically passed on the torch to his VP, as any other way of handling his replacement would have been a true nightmare for the Democratic party. That way his entire re-election organization and money raised could be handed over smoothly.

And Kamala consolidated the votes in record time, preventing anyone else seriously from jumping into the D race.

The fact that the fundraising has been so immense (and truly grassroots driven) has both united the Ds and driven their excitement up.
Harris received the bump that would have been expected. Now comes the hard part...the grind. Kamala has to make the case to the American people that she has what it takes to be POTUS. Her past record will pose her some serious challenges. If it is even possible the world is a much more dangerous place than it was 4 years ago. I've seen a couple of her TV ads already. They are leaning towards what you would expect...sunshine, lollypops and roses. Oh and that trump is a PoS .
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:27 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:23 pm Biden dropped out because his own most trusted people showed him the day before or so he dropped that the path to victory was essentially nil. They had been avoiding that conversation in (my guess) the hope that things might turn around, which they did not.

Harris received the bump that would have been expected. Now comes the hard part...the grind. Kamala has to make the case to the American people that she has what it takes to be POTUS. Her past record will pose her some serious challenges. If it is even possible the world is a much more dangerous place than it was 4 years ago. I've seen a couple of her TV ads already. They are leaning towards what you would expect...sunshine, lollypops and roses. Oh and that trump is a PoS .
I believe is is Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows - at least according to Leslie Gore.

Return to “POLITICS”