All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:59 pm I am sure when we throw out the masks, we will also throw out the phones:

https://nsucurrent.nova.edu/2021/10/19/ ... velopment/
not one word in that link about speech. but hey, look at me, I can google stuff and have a friend. :lol:
ICYMI: https://www.healthychildren.org/English ... pment.aspx
:lol: :lol: silly TLD, that article is not about kids wearing them, its about parents and educators wearing them and the kids not being able to learn. But hey, nice try. Maybe your n85 is clogged and your co2 is >900ppm . :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:16 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:48 pm Crazy if true, as you read this thread: https://twitter.com/RMConservative/stat ... jflYksdWEg
:lol: :lol: :lol: someone said it on Twitter!

https://www.healthychildren.org/English ... pment.aspx

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... /?amp=true

Mama needs the try chapstick and “grease”…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you won't let up until all under 5 year olds are in n95s.

the who disagrees with you.
thank God, TLD is not around little kids, n95s would be the least of their problems.
Mask mandates dropping like flies today. Democrats saw the writing on the wall. The science never changed, but the polls sure did.

Freedom always wins.
yep. I should get my wife to post on here, She is an ISLE teacher and has said the case loads of the OT's and SLP's has increased unlike at anytime in history...so they do not visit here kids nearly as often. And now, it seems, the new orders coming down from the state is to push many of these kids in to inclusive learning classes (gen-ed) with an assistant in that same room. Which in the end may be a great thing and what my wife tries to do with some of kids in order to get more social interaction.

Certainly not all related to masks only.....but something certainly shifted in just the past two years,
I saw something “on the internet” that indicated that developmental issues have been worsening since 2018.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:16 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:48 pm Crazy if true, as you read this thread: https://twitter.com/RMConservative/stat ... jflYksdWEg
:lol: :lol: :lol: someone said it on Twitter!

https://www.healthychildren.org/English ... pment.aspx

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... /?amp=true

Mama needs the try chapstick and “grease”…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you won't let up until all under 5 year olds are in n95s.

the who disagrees with you.
thank God, TLD is not around little kids, n95s would be the least of their problems.
Mask mandates dropping like flies today. Democrats saw the writing on the wall. The science never changed, but the polls sure did.

Freedom always wins.
yep. I should get my wife to post on here, She is an ISLE teacher and has said the case loads of the OT's and SLP's has increased unlike at anytime in history...so they do not visit here kids nearly as often. And now, it seems, the new orders coming down from the state is to push many of these kids in to inclusive learning classes (gen-ed) with an assistant in that same room. Which in the end may be a great thing and what my wife tries to do with some of kids in order to get more social interaction.

Certainly not all related to masks only.....but something certainly shifted in just the past two years,
I saw something “on the internet” that indicated that developmental issues have been worsening since 2018.
maybe so, but they have gotten worser, faster.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

934,000 dead Americans from COVID-19. We are going to get to 950,000 for sure. Are we going to get to 1,000,000?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm 934,000 dead Americans from COVID-19. We are going to get to 950,000 for sure. Are we going to get to 1,000,000?

D5DE1CCB-8931-4C3B-A6F8-610DCF85E373.jpeg
D5DE1CCB-8931-4C3B-A6F8-610DCF85E373.jpeg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm 934,000 dead Americans from COVID-19. We are going to get to 950,000 for sure. Are we going to get to 1,000,000?

D5DE1CCB-8931-4C3B-A6F8-610DCF85E373.jpeg
He was wrong.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

The stress of living (and sometimes not) through a pandemic has not affected teaching, parenting, grandparenting and child development at all. It's only the masks.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:36 pm The stress of living (and sometimes not) through a pandemic has not affected teaching, parenting, grandparenting and child development at all. It's only the masks.
You can tell by the dry lips and chafing.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:36 pm The stress of living (and sometimes not) through a pandemic has not affected teaching, parenting, grandparenting and child development at all. It's only the masks.

I kind of feel that people who applauded arresting a paddle-boarder in the Pacific Ocean, no one within a mile of him, don’t really get the benefit to be respected in this debate.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04 ... xit-water/

Scientists who claimed that beaches are Covid hotspots, yeah, they don’t get to participate in any further conversations here.

Really, the only benefit, as unintended as it was, is we get to ignore half the country going forward.

Masks, the hysteria for and against, aren’t really the issue either…the issue has always been those demanding masks when other countries and states had already proved their uselessness years ago, yet STILL forcing schoolchildren to strap them on.

And then, to double down on one’s threadbare intellect, the hypocrisy of not wearing them while demanding that others do at risk of being arrested.

Yeah, I don’t think this debate has gone quite the way the left thought. The people finally forced the politicians hands. One guy got it right from day one, Ron Desantis.
ggait

Post by ggait »

when other countries and states had already proved their uselessness years ago,
There's overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission. Duh.

Two people sitting inside in a room. One infected, one not. Per the great graphic published by the WSJ.

Takes 15 minutes to pass an infectious dose with neither wearing a mask.

1 hour if two surgical masks.

25 hours if two N95s.

You don't have to wear a mask outside. Duh. But they totally work inside in close quarters. Duh.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... c-guidance
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

incoming...

the mask debate rages on. if i knew how to post gifs, this is where i'd post spongebob surrounded by fire, "this is fine..."

the great thing is, i can choose either the who or the cdc in my corner for many of these deals no matter which side i'm on. remember, for every booster you get, there's a child in africa or india who is starving.

then there's states making calls (which i'm in favor of, unfortunately). who do i cheer for?!?!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 pm

Two people sitting inside in a room. One infected, one not. Per the great graphic published by the WSJ.

25 hours if two N95s.

You don't have to wear a mask outside. Duh. But they totally work inside in close quarters. Duh.

our guidance is "masks". but sure better masks are better. but "masks" work to satisfy our guidance.

meanwhile... the overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission... is lab based. while i'd actually be open to the suggestion that we've become a big lab, we're really not.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:54 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

our guidance is "masks". but sure better masks are better. but "masks" work to satisfy our guidance.

meanwhile... the overwhelming evidence that masks slow down transmission... is lab based. while i'd actually be open to the suggestion that we've become a big lab, we're really not.
You need a study to tell you that coughing or sneezing on someone doesn’t matter if you cover your mouth and nose? In 2022 you need a study to guide you? How about until proven otherwise, covering your mouth and nose with a mask is better when you are sick or infectious than not covering your mouth and nose when you are sick or infectious…..I can’t believe you would say you don’t know which makes more sense.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:14 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

You need a study to tell you that coughing or sneezing on someone doesn’t matter if you cover your mouth and nose? In 2022 you need a study to guide you? How about until proven otherwise, covering your mouth and nose with a mask is better when you are sick or infectious than not covering your mouth and nose when you are sick or infectious.
you're concerned with you and the ones around you in a room getting sick.

i'm concerned with.... everyone else.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

25 hours if two N95s.

I take it ggait has never seen the inside of school during covid.....it’s comical. Kids touching each other, sneezing in their mask, then reaching in to whip their nose, holding hand rails, flushing toilets.....but the WSJ said a lab said it’s safe. 😳

And strangely CDC says use them, now blue govs say nope, and psaki says listen to both....mmm okay, it’s settled.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

You need a study to tell you that coughing or sneezing on someone doesn’t matter if you cover your mouth and nose? In 2022 you need a study to guide you? How about until proven otherwise, covering your mouth and nose with a mask is better when you are sick or infectious than not covering your mouth and nose when you are sick or infectious.

Each One, Teach One.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:20 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

I take it ggait has never seen the inside of school during covid.....it’s comical. Kids touching each other, sneezing in their mask, then reaching in to whip their nose, holding hand rails, flushing toilets.....but the WSJ said a lab said it’s safe. 😳

And strangely CDC says use them, now blue govs say nope, and psaki says listen to both....mmm okay, it’s settled.
our school allows masks off in the gym and cafeteria. when they're all over each other playing hoops or packed in every seat 1 foot from each other eating.
exceptions:
- trouble makers (those that are a threat) are allowed to go maskless all day or whenever they want without warning
- teachers not allowed to have masks off at either place. cafeteria only during their eating block. otherwise written up at all times.

usual model students -- get detention, suspension, etc. if their mask is off whether inadvertantly, from what they see.

making for a really great community!!! kids should bring their chapstick!
Last edited by wgdsr on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:43 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

our school allows masks off in the gym and cafeteria. when they're all over each other playing hoops or packed in every seat 1 foot from each other eating.
exceptions:
- trouble makers (those that are a threat) are allowed to go maskless all day or whenever they want without warning
- teachers not allowed to have masks off at either place. cafeteria only during their eating block. otherwise written up at all times.
- usual model students -- detention, suspension, etc.

making for a really great community!!! kids should bring their chapstick!
That means wearing a mask doesn’t work.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

25 hours if two N95s.

That logic would extend to not having laws because lots of people break them.

Then you get this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEh1LTWxxI
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 pm

25 hours if two N95s.

Each One, Teach One.
Unless you’re playing the short game and think everything is a fixed pie to be hoarded and believe in creating a bigger pie.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”