~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: ~46~ The Joe Biden Presidency ~46~

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Whatever.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

$80 billion to Amtrak.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/amtrak- ... d=77241007

Does anyone find this to be acceptable?
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

:)
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:23 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:19 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 am Biden doing his best Weekend at Bernies impression: “Jobs are the key to defeating climate change and Kamelama is on it.”

He was already propped up on the podium. Now all they need to get him is a sweet pair of shades.

:lol:
Thought he did a good job. But you guys persist in pushing the Fox/DJT, Jr. narrative. It's telling.
Who's being indoctrinated? I think it's telling that you think I'm pushing a narrative.

I am literally completely disconnected from Fox and DJT. And CNN and MSNBC. I removed all political news channels from my Youtube tv lineup.

Nothing but the main streams and BBC.

And simple observation.
I think your suggestion that you are making "a simple observation" is baloney. You've been pushing this "Joe is compromised, too old," etc. for ages now, and from the evidence on the ground it appears to be complete bullsh*t. It is nearly always based on a word or name fumble, which, in the larger picture of what his Administration is doing and trying to do, and of what he is saying and trying to say, totally immaterial.

The reality, if you're not a government-educated dog walker hooked on VDH, is that his Administration has done a nice job in most aspects of leadership in these first 100 days, in which job one was counteracting the ill effects of the prior administration's historic failure to manage the pandemic. Biden isn't sneaking around; his agenda is out in the open. And last night he laid much of it out. Democracy is, I am sure you've noticed, in trouble and under enormous pressure worldwide, even here in the United States, where a significant percentage of the public has been hoodwinked by the former President and his toadies into believing the election was illegitimate. Biden is trying, however imperfectly, to restore confidence in government's ability to meet the needs of an enormous and diverse citizenry. There is much to critique and some to applaud. But you? Focused on "Kamelama."
I’ve been pushing the observation because it’s what I keep seeing. It’s obvious to anyone who has seen Biden on tv or in person for the past 2 years.

Remember when everyone was talking about Ronnie Reagan mid-term floundering his way through his responses, fumbling with his notes, lost for words? Looking and SOUNDING tired and bewildered?

That’s exactly what many people are seeing. Biden, even more so than Reagan late in his second term, is being managed. Its fine and won’t change anything. But I can’t believe a smart guy like you doesn’t see it. Or you are so entrenched in your “side” that you can’t admit it.
I do remember Reagan and his decline. I don't think Biden's is anything like that. Respectfully, your suggestion that Biden is being managed "even more so than Reagan late in his second term" is completely ludicrous. There is literally no comparison on the facts, and the only comparison comes from the strange wishful thinking that appears to animate you and others on this subject: let's keep up the narrative that Biden is suffering early dementia. I'm not sure your purpose is the same, but Fox's is clear: make the viewers scared that a black lady from California is going to be President. That's the rowboat you're sharing, whether you mean to or not.

Bewildered? Please. You cannot give a speech like the one last night, or the pressers earlier, with a compromised brain. I am a smart guy, and I've been around a sufficient number of elderly early into dementia people, and I don't see it. Slowing down and fumbling speech is not the equivalent of systemic, neurological cognitive decline. That you talk about it so much, as if wishing for it, is the only really odd thing here.

For the last four years, we had a completely incurious, un-educatable moron in office, who surrounded himself with a C+ list of has-beens and would-like-to-bes. But Joe said "Kamelama," while describing policy initiative after policy initiative over the course of an hour. Sure. Gotcha.
Enough go juice and a teleprompter makes it all possible. Joe has been a politician for 50 years. He is a shell of who he was 10 years ago. He has still been doing this long enough to fake it for an hour or two. I only saw a couple of blurbs from whatever he paddled on about last night. A golden oldie it was.. gonna make them rich bazhtahrds pay their fair share. What exactly is the fair share that them rich SOBs should be paying? Maybe we should use Jim Bakers favorite term and just call them love offerings?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-biden- ... yURL_share
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Man, seems like Biden’s ban starting Tuesday of all flights from India, and frankly all Indians, is a bit racist and xenophobic.

Wasn’t that what we said about Trump when he banned flights from China?

Having trouble keeping up with changing standards. SOS.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm Man, seems like Biden’s ban starting Tuesday of all flights from India, and frankly all Indians, is a bit racist and xenophobic.

It’s racist.

But at the same time, it’s also “too little too late” in terms of Corona response.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Proof of how the media shapes the messaging and runs cover.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 am
Proof? Please. The article is about overall message discipline, coupled with the President's occasional off-message comments. That's pretty much it. Maybe after the last fours years of amateur hour from the communications side (a President tweeting lies and silliness at all hours, and Dan Scavino for Criminy's Sake) you just aren't accustomed to a disciplined communications staff.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:09 am
Proof? Please. The article is about overall message discipline, coupled with the President's occasional off-message comments. That's pretty much it. Maybe after the last fours years of amateur hour from the communications side (a President tweeting lies and silliness at all hours, and Dan Scavino for Criminy's Sake) you just aren't accustomed to a disciplined communications staff.

American media are Democratic lapdogs. We all know it. Don’t sit there and cover for them too. A little respect for your fellow laxxxers. For any media piece, always ask why they are angling the story the way they do; media are no longer honest journalists. This is simply a sad fact today.

Anyway, yes Biden’s team is good at message control. Biden veers off script obviously, but the real message is American media run to cover him if he says anything too far out.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm Man, seems like Biden’s ban starting Tuesday of all flights from India, and frankly all Indians, is a bit racist and xenophobic.

It’s racist.

But at the same time, it’s also “too little too late” in terms of Corona response.

Trump was racist because he shut down Chinese flights.

Biden is brilliant for doing the same to India.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as we all understand how media shapes narratives, we can share meals and laugh.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is it any coincidence this article comes out 'after' Biden says he is going to get in trouble for answering questions from the press. But in order to draw attentions 'away' from this incident, they through it in the spin cycle to make it appear like it is complete organization. I'll certainly never change your mind, maybe b/c you just have your heels dug in so deep to ignore the obvious....the press is not authentic, unlike us. We both see the media bias, I choose to call it out, and for some reason you chose to blame Trump...when it is the media we are discussing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The Wall Street Journal runs cover for Biden???

hmmm...what "media" do you guys prefer, OAN?

I watched the address to Congress and I saw a guy very much on his game. He appeared strong, confident, relaxed. Yes, he's old, but he's a heck of a lot crisper than most his age. He's never been an orator, so why would we expect that of him now? This really isn't a close call, so it's downright gross for the right wing media stream to be saying otherwise.

Re the flights from India, no it's not "Indians", it's foreign nationals...and US citizens are exempted as well as some others, regardless of nationality much less ethnicity:

The restrictions apply to foreign nationals traveling from India to the U.S., not U.S. citizens. Others exempted include lawful permanent residents of the U.S. and their families, foreign officials and those traveling for humanitarian, public health or national security reasons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 892115001/

Big difference with the "China ban" is that anyone coming from India has to provide proof of clear test or recovery and then advises re-test and quarantine...we didn't bother to test at all and no quarantine with the "China ban"...so, 40,000 came into the US without testing or quarantine, after the outbreak was known (lots more before that).

Another difference, no one is claiming that the Indians caused the virus as a weapon against the United States...yeah, that matters...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:38 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm

It’s racist.

Trump was racist because he shut down Chinese flights.

Biden is brilliant for doing the same to India.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump was also "too late" in shutting down the Chinese flights.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 am
Is it any coincidence this article comes out 'after' Biden says he is going to get in trouble for answering questions from the press. But in order to draw attentions 'away' from this incident, they through it in the spin cycle to make it appear like it is complete organization. I'll certainly never change your mind, maybe b/c you just have your heels dug in so deep to ignore the obvious....the press is not authentic, unlike us. We both see the media bias, I choose to call it out, and for some reason you chose to blame Trump...when it is the media we are discussing.
YA, I am not blaming Trump for anything. I am juxtaposing his communications team's message clusterf*ckery with the (in relative terms) tight discipline of the Biden Administration. The article doesn't "prove" the stuff you say or think it does. Probably Obama's fault.

You know why the media has a liberal bias? Because it is made up of educated people who value facts and science. Against the crowd of dunderheads being cultivated by the conspiracy party, the media is always going to appear way left of center. To the rest of us, they look like college graduates.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

seacoaster wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 am
YA, I am not blaming Trump for anything. I am juxtaposing his communications team's message clusterf*ckery with the (in relative terms) tight discipline of the Biden Administration. The article doesn't "prove" the stuff you say or think it does. Probably Obama's fault.

You know why the media has a liberal bias? Because it is made up of educated people who value facts and science. Against the crowd of dunderheads being cultivated by the conspiracy party, the media is always going to appear way left of center. To the rest of us, they look like college graduates.
I thought it was about Biden’s messages being strictly monitored and controlled. QuickLunch followEd up by his team if he goes off script.

I get it now republicans are uneducated dunderheads cultivated by conspiracy.
Dems indoctrinated by liberal educational institutions that have done nothing for marginalized people. Newark NJ got $100mm for schools and immediately squandered it. Suckerberg won’t fill that trough again.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"I get it now republicans are uneducated dunderheads cultivated by conspiracy."

Didn't say this either. I said the GOP appears to be focusing its efforts on being a party that cultivates a voting block that are dunderheads. There's a difference. And l\"liberal educational institutions"? Maybe they are just "educational," and the divide isn't so much "liberal-conservative," as educated/informed versus listening in thrall to Fox and Q-silliness.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:30 am "I get it now republicans are uneducated dunderheads cultivated by conspiracy."

Didn't say this either. I said the GOP appears to be focusing its efforts on being a party that cultivates a voting block that are dunderheads. There's a difference. And l\"liberal educational institutions"? Maybe they are just "educational," and the divide isn't so much "liberal-conservative," as educated/informed versus listening in thrall to Fox and Q-silliness.

Imagine being so culturally unaware to think that by watching mainstream media one is ‘informed’.

The accompanying confidence by libs (that what they’ve watching is ‘informative’ rather than uniformly biased, subject to constant retraction) is the thing that makes me laugh so much. Liberals aren’t much different than children and honestly need to be treated as such.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Boycott Stupid, even when it self-owns.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:03 pm Boycott Stupid, even when it self-owns.

Dude walks right into it.

Just yesterday

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/01/media/wa ... index.html

Tell us again how blindingly bright liberaldom is. :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:11 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:03 pm Boycott Stupid, even when it self-owns.
Dude walks right into it.

Just yesterday

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/01/media/wa ... index.html
It is stories like that one, which prove the point I was discussing with seacoaster yesterday. The main stream media if effing us all.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That’s where you think should be enemy priority #1? The media?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”