All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm So is your point that there’s little benefit to getting vaccinated? I’m not clear what point you are actually making but it seems like it’s focused on discrediting the idea that there is much real value in the vaccine. Help me understand if your position is something different that you are trying to convey here. I can understand why TLD responds such as he has. It sure seems like the line of commentary you’ve been presenting is to suggest that it’s not very helpful to get a vaccine but perhaps you position is different and it could be clarified a bit.

Is it just that it’s bad strategy to promote efficacy because the people who don’t believe it now will become more skeptical? If so do you believe they aren’t pretty much lost on this topic of taking reasonable preventative measures to limit amplification of this existing and new strain? Do you think the administration would be a proven failure if entrenched anti Vaxxers doubled down because vacc efficiency is diminishing with this new strain? Does it prove their wrong and unfit to be in office or prove the resistance correct?
let's ignore the 2nd paragraph for a moment. if you can find anywhere in our initial conversations where i discredited any real value in vaccination, quote me. tld is being either a wise ass or probing. so quote me and i'll reply with an explanation. i actually at all stops to that point was giving pro- vaxx info, if you couldn't follow. but i'll explain.
Yes and yes….and also seeking clarification. A vaccine given today is still 98% effective. Vaccine given out today isn’t less potent. I believe declining efficacy has been established. You have an article in which someone has claimed that there is no such thing as declining efficacy? Since the rollout of vaccines has been over time, it’s hard to pinpoint where the population of vaccinated people stands regarding estimate population protection. We would need a rolling weighted average aggregating all three vaccines in the country… Weren’t there people here last Spring (2020) estimating that we were approaching heard immunity and scientists were under estimating the number of people already exposed but didn’t know it? I remember those days. Old Ethical Skeptic claimed the pandemic was really over in July of 2020. I thought we were through this last April or May….I remember reading that. I also believe the rush to get people vaccinated was to stay ahead of mutations. I believe scientists made that point as well.
I guess 75-80% cumulative efficacy is worthless. Unless it’s high 90s it’s a joke and folks shouldn’t bother.

Yea rolling weighted averages would be the correct way to do things. And if somethings not over I wouldn’t personally expect to have a set datapoint that’s fixed in an evolving situation. Anyone who’s treated such percentages as static is someone who doesn’t understand how data is generated or how it evolves.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:47 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm So is your point that there’s little benefit to getting vaccinated? I’m not clear what point you are actually making but it seems like it’s focused on discrediting the idea that there is much real value in the vaccine. Help me understand if your position is something different that you are trying to convey here. I can understand why TLD responds such as he has. It sure seems like the line of commentary you’ve been presenting is to suggest that it’s not very helpful to get a vaccine but perhaps you position is different and it could be clarified a bit.

Is it just that it’s bad strategy to promote efficacy because the people who don’t believe it now will become more skeptical? If so do you believe they aren’t pretty much lost on this topic of taking reasonable preventative measures to limit amplification of this existing and new strain? Do you think the administration would be a proven failure if entrenched anti Vaxxers doubled down because vacc efficiency is diminishing with this new strain? Does it prove their wrong and unfit to be in office or prove the resistance correct?
let's ignore the 2nd paragraph for a moment. if you can find anywhere in our initial conversations where i discredited any real value in vaccination, quote me. tld is being either a wise ass or probing. so quote me and i'll reply with an explanation. i actually at all stops to that point was giving pro- vaxx info, if you couldn't follow. but i'll explain.
Yes and yes….and also seeking clarification. A vaccine given today is still 98% effective. Vaccine given out today isn’t less potent. I believe declining efficacy has been established. You have an article in which someone has claimed that there is no such thing as declining efficacy? Since the rollout of vaccines has been over time, it’s hard to pinpoint where the population of vaccinated people stands regarding estimate population protection. We would need a rolling weighted average aggregating all three vaccines in the country… Weren’t there people here last Spring (2020) estimating that we were approaching heard immunity and scientists were under estimating the number of people already exposed but didn’t know it? I remember those days. Old Ethical Skeptic claimed the pandemic was really over in July of 2020. I thought we were through this last April or May….I remember reading that. I also believe the rush to get people vaccinated was to stay ahead of mutations. I believe scientists made that point as well.
someone else will have to get you off the 98% thing, evidently.
won't be long.
Most people vaccinated are not walking around with 98% protection. Not sure anyone believes that or claims that to be true…..someone else will have to get you off the most of the country has already been exposed ;)
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 pm jimminy effin xmas. all i said originally and to date is the vaxx efficacy now is not it was at trials. hard stop.

this is not a new position. i also mentioned (since confirmed by others tossing in) that the humongo #s of if you're vaxxed, you're 99% cool tossed out there in media aren't what's going on now.

this is hardly controversial, except maybe on fanlax. i presented facts. not with an agenda, but if you read for your own individual deal, you'd think most would appreciate, but maybe not.

so now, again, you accuse me of ish. w.t.f. do you want to know? i just just offered answers, and that's not good enough for you, because you're evidently too lazy but will chime in anyway.

what do u want to know? specifically or generally?

edit: and as long as we're here, you're more difficult to understand than me. half of what you say i have no idea.
Ok I can see you have no interest here so forget it. You’ve been the beat most clear poster ever all the time and I’m some biased dumb lazy idiot.
dude.... i am unclear (sometimes purposefully) all... the...time....

tell the people (me) what you want. sprinkle in for your reference that tld chastises me regularly.

but don't tell me i said x, with no reference to x. and say that's me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:47 pm

someone else will have to get you off the 98% thing, evidently.
won't be long.
Most people vaccinated are not walking around with 98% protection. Not sure anyone believes that or claims that to be true.
If I got a 30% preventative boost it would be worth it, especially with children at home who are going to school. I guess I’m just a wimp.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 pm jimminy effin xmas. all i said originally and to date is the vaxx efficacy now is not it was at trials. hard stop.

this is not a new position. i also mentioned (since confirmed by others tossing in) that the humongo #s of if you're vaxxed, you're 99% cool tossed out there in media aren't what's going on now.

this is hardly controversial, except maybe on fanlax. i presented facts. not with an agenda, but if you read for your own individual deal, you'd think most would appreciate, but maybe not.

so now, again, you accuse me of ish. w.t.f. do you want to know? i just just offered answers, and that's not good enough for you, because you're evidently too lazy but will chime in anyway.

edit: and as long as we're here, you're more difficult to understand than me. half of what you say i have no idea.
Ok I can see you have no interest here so forget it. You’ve been the beat most clear poster ever all the time and I’m some biased dumb lazy idiot.

tell the people (me) what you want. sprinkle in for your reference that tld chastises me regularly.

I didn’t do what your claiming I was saying it’s easy to see a pattern and interpret that as a position such as what he was doing. I didn’t say you stated anything. That’s nonsense.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:49 pm

I guess 75-80% cumulative efficacy is worthless. Unless it’s high 90s it’s a joke and folks shouldn’t bother.

Yea rolling weighted averages would be the correct way to do things. And if somethings not over I wouldn’t personally expect to have a set datapoint that’s fixed in an evolving situation. Anyone who’s treated such percentages as static is someone who doesn’t understand how data is generated or how it evolves.
you and tld should form a club or something.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm so it looks like vaccination is starting to look like it offers no help.

also, in places like mass, the death rate in july for vaxxed has climbed 15 fold or 1,400% (30% vs 2%) since the beginning of the year when measuring vaxxed/unvaxxed. scary times. and looks like it's getting worse by the day. wash your hands.
You just asked someone else today to rephrase and then are upset because I ask for clarification.

Starting to look like it (the vaccination) offers no help is your direct quote. Add some other posts of similar vein. Could be starting to look like a lot of things other than that also extrapolating out. As has subsequently been pointed out including by your own posts it’s not done and yet your suggesting we may be heading towards a conclusion?
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:55 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:53 pm

I didn’t do what your claiming I was saying it’s easy to see a pattern and interpret that as a position such as what he was doing. I didn’t say you stated anything. That’s nonsense.
seriously... small quote of mine to use here. what did i just claim? say it so i understand. you claimed it looked like i said vaxxes don't work (paraphrasing). where and when did i ever say that?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm

It’s starting to look like the vaccine...what did you post earlier today and then discuss how this is evolving in rolling in the same line of thinking.. is that not incongruous?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm so it looks like vaccination is starting to look like it offers no help.

also, in places like mass, the death rate in july for vaxxed has climbed 15 fold or 1,400% (30% vs 2%) since the beginning of the year when measuring vaxxed/unvaxxed. scary times. and looks like it's getting worse by the day. wash your hands.
You just asked someone else today to rephrase and then are islet because I ask for clarification.

Starting to look like the vaccination offers no help is your redact quote. Add some other posts of similar vein. Could be starting to look like a lot of things other than that also extrapolating out. As has subsequently been pointed out including by your own posts it’s not done and yet your suggesting we may be heading towards a conclusion?
i challenge anyone to figure out what you're saying.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Read the sentence I quoted. The first sentence. Redact was supposed to be direct but your being obtuse now as you acknowledged intentionally being uncles often (as a tactic, and then complain about false equivalencies?)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

By the way TLD was also unclear on your point in that focus based on your comments so we both are far below you clearly. I will now down to you now.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:59 pm

It’s starting to look like the vaccine...what did you post earlier today and then discuss how this is evolving in rolling in the same line of thinking.. is that not incongruous?
"I guess 75-80% cumulative efficacy is worthless. Unless it’s high 90s it’s a joke and folks shouldn’t bother."

explain what this means. and explain how you are not being genuine at all. love to hear it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:01 pm

You just asked someone else today to rephrase and then are islet because I ask for clarification.

Starting to look like the vaccination offers no help is your redact quote. Add some other posts of similar vein. Could be starting to look like a lot of things other than that also extrapolating out. As has subsequently been pointed out including by your own posts it’s not done and yet your suggesting we may be heading towards a conclusion?
I will clarify is you ask as I stated. I won’t respond like a pms’ing teenage to a honest request to further clarification. That’s the difference. One person wants to play their own games and act out when their not getting what they want and the other is still trying to understand and answering your silly questions along the way too.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:02 pm Read the sentence I quoted. The first sentence. Redact was supposed to be direct but your being obtuse now as you acknowledged intentionally being uncles often (as a tactic, and then complain about false equivalencies?)
you cannot speak in complete sentences. not to mention anything decipherable.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:06 pm

I will clarify is you ask as I stated. I won’t respond like a pms’ing teenage to a honest request to further clarification. That’s the difference. One person wants to play their own games and act out when their not getting what they want and the other is still trying to understand and answering your silly questions along the way too.
seriously. i think you might be off your rocker. maybe take a t.o. if you think that's really the case.
if not and just a typing thing.. what is/are your question(s)? happy to answer.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:04 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:59 pm

"I guess 75-80% cumulative efficacy is worthless. Unless it’s high 90s it’s a joke and folks shouldn’t bother."

explain what this means. and explain how you are not being genuine at all. love to hear it.
I’m being totally sarcastic because you decided you couldn’t be bothered responding fully to my legitimate inquiry. That’s it. Simple and anyone who has a brain knows that. I don’t treat people like trash and waste their time playing games. Since I couldn’t get an honorable response out of you without it coming with baby shots then I stopped down to that low rent level. Boom. There’s opacity (your stated intentional preference in this communication) and transparency. We are on two different sides of the coin on this.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:06 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:02 pm Read the sentence I quoted. The first sentence. Redact was supposed to be direct but your being obtuse now as you acknowledged intentionally being uncles often (as a tactic, and then complain about false equivalencies?)
[/

Complaining about attacks and then acting like this vs asking for clarification. Nice.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:06 pm
Child. Petty. Maybe I can send you my peer reviewed economic paper published in the omicron delta epsilon American Economist.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:06 pm

seriously. i think you might be off your rocker. maybe take a t.o. if you think that's really the case.
if not and just a typing thing.. what is/are your question(s)? happy to answer.
How about the whole paragraph of questions you tossed overboard in my initial entry into this only to instead focus and whine that I’m putting words in your mouth to start?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”