Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: Boston College

Post by Lax101 »

This game definitely gives other teams hope and when the Big 3 teams play one another anything can happen. This is only the second time in 2 years that BC was dominated on the drawer. The last time was last year's final four vs UNC and they found a way to win that game as well. Have to believe coaches and players will find a way to improve as a drawer team. Also don't overlook how gritty BC was dominating GB's and CT's. I also think they were very efficient on the offensive end. Lots of weapons, balanced scoring, lots of assisted goals etc. If the draw numbers were even remotely close BC wins by 15.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Agree ... but you have to take the game to them. And hope Hall has one of her down days.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:06 am BC was dominated on the drawer.
Guess that drew a picture of how to keep up with BC, eh? ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Anyone else notice the battle dress uniform jacket coach Acacia is wearing on the sidelines this year so far? Must be establishing a theme for the season.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, and I don't like it. Don't like it on the mlax side either or in the NFL.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:51 pm Yes, and I don't like it. Don't like it on the mlax side either or in the NFL.
Agreed; loath the camo-look on civilians.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 am Agree ... but you have to take the game to them. And hope Hall has one of her down days.
One of her down days? Hahaha :lol: :lol:
user1020

Post by user1020 »

I’ll say it. Rachel Hall isn’t very good. Definitely not bad, but can think of many other goalies I’d rather have
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:47 pm I’ll say it. Rachel Hall isn’t very good. Definitely not bad, but can think of many other goalies I’d rather have
She was money on championship weekend last year. If you can rise to the occasion in a big game, I don’t mind if you’re mediocre during the regular season.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:55 pm
user1020 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:47 pm I’ll say it. Rachel Hall isn’t very good. Definitely not bad, but can think of many other goalies I’d rather have
She was money on championship weekend last year. If you can rise to the occasion in a big game, I don’t mind if you’re mediocre during the regular season.
Valid points. She did step up when it mattered most
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:55 pm

Not saying this applies to Rachel (I haven't been watching her closely enough to make the judgment), but it reminded me that there is something to be said for the "Steady Eddie" type. A player that may not be the flashiest, fastest, strongest, most skilled, but is dependable and consistent.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

While we’re on the topic of goalies. I miss watching Megan Taylor play
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:05 pm
Laxfan69 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:25 pm Why is Charlotte North so good? Ive been watching her for awhile. Besides being incredibly crafty and creative, nothing she is doing seems new or game-breaking but everything she does seems to work. I never played but have been a casual fan for years and i recognize that she's really good but cant understand WHY she is really good? like what is she doing differently than everyone before her that makes a move that much better when she does it compared to her predecessors?
She is fierce. She is extremely talented and confident in those abilities. Her FP shot is unstoppable. Just like a great white, she goes for what she wants and eats it. Now her game has some flaws - ride /redefend isn't great and she isn't a feeder, but when she can give you 6-8 goals a game....

She’s a real innovator. Here’s a perfect example in this clip. She tried on this new shot for size in one game, and perfected it in the very next game. Astounding talent and fire. She’s a true artist.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:41 pm
Laxfan69 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:25 pm Why is Charlotte North so good? Ive been watching her for awhile. Besides being incredibly crafty and creative, nothing she is doing seems new or game-breaking but everything she does seems to work. I never played but have been a casual fan for years and i recognize that she's really good but cant understand WHY she is really good? like what is she doing differently than everyone before her that makes a move that much better when she does it compared to her predecessors?
She is fierce. She is extremely talented and confident in those abilities. Her FP shot is unstoppable. Just like a great white, she goes for what she wants and eats it. Now her game has some flaws - ride /redefend isn't great and she isn't a feeder, but when she can give you 6-8 goals a game....

She’s a real innovator. Here’s a perfect example in this clip. She tried on this new shot for size in one game, and perfected it in the very next game. Astounding talent and fire. She’s a true artist.
Great scorer..but that's about it. Love CN but she's a one trick pony. She can't pass. at all. If you shut her down from scoring, her impact on a game a pretty much non-existent.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

REALLY? She's way too inconsistent and her fundamentals and mechanics are poor.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:41 pm

Great scorer..but that's about it. Love CN but she's a one trick pony. She can't pass. at all. If you shut her down from scoring, her impact on a game a pretty much non-existent.

ONW... your clip and the info given is misleading. Yes, she did the same move and shot in 2 different games. The first part of the clip was vs UNC and Taylor Moreno. CN makes the move, takes a poorly placed shot and Moreno handles it easily. In the next part of the clip, CN makes the same move vs Syracuse and Asa Goldstock. CN's shot was better placed (weakside High), but Goldstock's positioning was poor and she never attempted to STEP to the ball with her left foot with her stick leading. That's fundamental goaltending and proper mechanics. Neither was part of Asa's Resume.

BTW... you state that CN is an innovator. What move(s) or shots did she invent?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 am Great scorer..but that's about it. Love CN but she's a one trick pony. She can't pass. at all. If you shut her down from scoring, her impact on a game a pretty much non-existent.
That's an exaggerated misconception. She's got 54 career assists. She can pass when needed, like here to Jenn Medjid (Begin watching at 1:02) in the semi vs Carolina while covered by two defenders. But like Doc said earlier, when she gives you 6-8 goals a game, it's hard to criticize her too harshly in other areas.

Oh--and how many players (beginning of video) can scoop a ground ball going full speed covered by two defenders and score like that? She's a one in a million player.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:25 am ONW... your clip and the info given is misleading. Yes, she did the same move and shot in 2 different games. The first part of the clip was vs UNC and Taylor Moreno. CN makes the move, takes a poorly placed shot and Moreno handles it easily. In the next part of the clip, CN makes the same move vs Syracuse and Asa Goldstock. CN's shot was better placed (weakside High), but Goldstock's positioning was poor and she never attempted to STEP to the ball with her left foot with her stick leading. That's fundamental goaltending and proper mechanics. Neither was part of Asa's Resume.

BTW... you state that CN is an innovator. What move(s) or shots did she invent?
Couldn't it be said that North surprised Goldstock because of her stop short shot as well? Maybe she didn't have time to do what is fundamental because she was so caught off guard. This shot right here I would call innovative. I haven't been watching lacrosse for even a smidge of a fraction of the time you have. But being a regular watcher since 2014, I've never seen anyone stop short like Charlotte does here. That's not to say other players don't have this shot in their arsenal, I've just never seen anyone else do it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:11 am
REALLY? She's way too inconsistent and her fundamentals and mechanics are poor.
Maybe so--but when the money was on the table last championship weekend, she was Dope with a capital D. Hall made 11 saves vs the #1 seed and pre-crowned NCAA champion Carolina Tar Heels; many of the spectacular variety which she had to move for. And another 9 saves against a tough and talented Syracuse team in the final. Here's another player folks like to pick apart to their own discredit. I'll take a money goaltender over a more fundamentally sound goaltender any day of the week if she helps you lift the golden grail in the last game of the season. Hall undeniably did that last year.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:48 am
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 am Great scorer..but that's about it. Love CN but she's a one trick pony. She can't pass. at all. If you shut her down from scoring, her impact on a game a pretty much non-existent.
That's an exaggerated misconception. She's got 54 career assists. She can pass when needed, like here to Jenn Medjid (Begin watching at 1:02) in the semi vs Carolina while covered by two defenders. But like Doc said earlier, when she gives you 6-8 goals a game, it's hard to criticize her too harshly in other areas.

Oh--and how many players (beginning of video) can scoop a ground ball going full speed covered by two defenders and score like that? She's a one in a million player.
Emily H did it at ACCs a few years ago it’s a pretty famous clip

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”