Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Selling protest footage to both CNN and Fox!

https://twitter.com/ryanlongcomedy/stat ... 93288?s=21

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm So they shot the car off the rock I guess then?
Poor guy. His company later delivered oil to someone and poured the oil down the wrong pipe. It was an environmental disaster.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:47 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kgb1QtSnU

They took our jobs!

And then, ways to cool off soup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkSF9PxdWs
Classic
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Did he run GE out of Schenectady?
get it to x

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:28 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:36 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

I'm going to play Typical Lax Dad

Defund the police!

Defund the IRS:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kwxx ... he-irs-431

In the world of the delusional right wing such thoughts are considered quite acceptable.
Why not? If you value equality, why not 10% flat for everyone and no IRS is necessary. We could train them to be social workers.

What is delusional is not recognizing one race is almost 8 times more likely to commit a homicide than the next highest race. Read the attached commentary. Everything he says is backed up by statistical analysis. And if you don't like the part about intelligence, remember, Asians are generally more intelligent than whites. Not specifically, generally.

Most of you libs fit the definition in the piece, basically saying that you would ask us to ignore the facts while you actually live them, by choosing to live in "safe" neighborhoods, with "good" schools. When you sell your house in Roland Park and move to Sandtown-Winchester, get back to me.

https://www.takimag.com/article/because ... e-are-bad/
The author is another well known racist.
The poster may be also

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every sub species has an exception:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_West
Those uppity black women put us in space.... :lol:
Did you move to the inner city? Are you disputing the murder numbers? Or did you just take this as an opportunity to insult me? I live in a very mixed race neighborhood, with very few people who flaunt their wealth. Quite a few are probably millionaires on paper. I can tell you that zero percent think I am a racist. I'm just the guy with the nice wife and son and three cats. I get lots of smiles. Why, because I don't give people extra points because of some immutable characteristic. I give them all the same benefit of the doubt.

MDlaxfan76 would be amused by this. Our oldest child is very intelligent. Math SAT 800. She applied to Dartmouth with the second highest GPA in her HS class and 24 AP credits including calculus and physics. She graduated her "second choice" college as Valedictorian (another thing to eliminate, according to recent trends). When I called Dartmouth just to see why, I was told enrollment basically broke down among legacy, minority, sports and all other and that "all other" was roughly 25%. I did not inquire about anyone's GPA or SAT. I just said OK. Yet, when I told the admissions officer my daughter went to a public HS, I was told that if she had gone to nearby Severn School ($22k/yr at the time) she probably would have been admitted. Anyone see the inconsistency? He probably lived in a "safe neighborhood" with "nice schools" in Hanover, NH.
But you just said there’s likely paper millionaires in your hood so how are you calling anyone else out? Ever spent any time below the anacostia. In Brooklyn’s hood or south bronx? How about wretched parts of Oakland or SW Atlanta, East point, When YOU sell YOUR house in your nice neighborhood come back here and tell us since you are making proclamations about inner cities? Doing the same thing hour now whining about someone doing to you except you threw the bomb out there with a piece from a known racist and treated it like some scientific study by an agnostic person. That’s called fraud.
I spent a lot of time around black people in Baltimore City from an early age. My grandfather and his brother-in-law had a poultry stall in two of the open air markets. My brother and I were there every Saturday from the time we were about 8. I also remember delivering free turkeys with all the trimmings during Thanksgiving and Christmas in West Baltimore, where none of their customers came from.

Calling someone a racist is mostly for the lazy and unthinking who want to shield their eyes from the obvious and offer bromides, not solutions. The murder rate isn't a factor of color, it's a factor of culture and desperation. You can add what well meaning liberals have done to them by marginalizing the black man. In many cases your government program became the father, and it has proven a poor substitute for a real black man.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:07 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:51 am
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am I understand the symbolic message. Why would people want to burn the Wendys down? What did that accomplish but put a bunch of people out of work and create hardship in their lives. I must be too old, i just don't get it. :roll:
Agree, Cranky...just flat dumb. Someone from the restaurant called to say someone had passed out right in the drive-thru line. Totally reasonable call, let's get the vehicle out of the way at least. What happened after that with the car and its driver clearly went off the rails. Burning the fast food joint was criminal.

My guess is that the guy that started the fire wasn’t on break from Williams. The police will find him soon enough. I saw that they are on the lookout for the arsonist.

It was a white female.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/10-000-rewar ... ac7d1.html

I hope they get her and do things to to her in prison. No kidding. When you force 40 employees to lose their income, no pity.
Was she on break from Smith?
They should shoot her in the back twice too.
MDlax gets the daily ahoole award and it's only 9:00. :lol:
Salty has been making the argument that you gotta shoot the guy running from a DUI arrest in the back twice, PB is saying they should "do some things to her in prison" "no pity"...logical leap that the arson was worse than the DUI...
You're lying, as usual. I'm not saying it was the preferred course of action.
I maintain that it was lawful, given the circumstances, the cops training & the APD protocols he operated within.
I refuse to absolve Brooks of responsibility for his own death, make him a martyr, & lay this all on the cop whom he assaulted.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm So, anyone ready to acknowledge this fact.

Turns out the police golden boy Rolfe has 12 incidents in a 7 yr career including a written reprimand for “a use of force incident involving a firearm” in 2017.

Brosnan, the more professional one, yet to have anything in his record over 2 years.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/atlanta-of ... 41?mod=mhp

What percent of police do you think are 'bad apples', farfromgeneva?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am I understand the symbolic message. Why would people want to burn the Wendys down? What did that accomplish but put a bunch of people out of work and create hardship in their lives. I must be too old, i just don't get it. :roll:
Agree, Cranky...just flat dumb. Someone from the restaurant called to say someone had passed out right in the drive-thru line. Totally reasonable call, let's get the vehicle out of the way at least. What happened after that with the car and its driver clearly went off the rails. Burning the fast food joint was criminal.

My guess is that the guy that started the fire wasn’t on break from Williams. The police will find him soon enough. I saw that they are on the lookout for the arsonist.

It was a white female.

I hope they get her and do things to to her in prison. No kidding. When you force 40 employees to lose their income, no pity.
Salty has been making the argument that you gotta shoot the guy running from a DUI arrest in the back twice, PB is saying they should "do some things to her in prison" "no pity"...logical leap that the arson was worse than the DUI...
I maintain that it was lawful, given the circumstances, the cops training & the APD protocols he operated within.
I refuse to absolve Brooks of responsibility for his own death, make him a martyr, & lay this all on the cop whom he assaulted.
Not "the preferred course of action"; shooting him twice in the back after he turned away...and you're pretending to have a clue about what is "lawful, given the circumstances, the cops training & the APD protocols he operated within."??? :roll:

Your bloody argument has been that he was a risk because he'd previously been DUI...and thus, the shooting him in the back twice while he ran away is actually "lawful"...

And you're telling me I'm "lying"?? :roll: :lol:

You've sunk to a new low, salty.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Defund the police!

Defund the IRS:

In the world of the delusional right wing such thoughts are considered quite acceptable.
Why not? If you value equality, why not 10% flat for everyone and no IRS is necessary. We could train them to be social workers.

What is delusional is not recognizing one race is almost 8 times more likely to commit a homicide than the next highest race. Read the attached commentary. Everything he says is backed up by statistical analysis. And if you don't like the part about intelligence, remember, Asians are generally more intelligent than whites. Not specifically, generally.

Most of you libs fit the definition in the piece, basically saying that you would ask us to ignore the facts while you actually live them, by choosing to live in "safe" neighborhoods, with "good" schools. When you sell your house in Roland Park and move to Sandtown-Winchester, get back to me.

The poster may be also

Did you move to the inner city? Are you disputing the murder numbers? Or did you just take this as an opportunity to insult me? I live in a very mixed race neighborhood, with very few people who flaunt their wealth. Quite a few are probably millionaires on paper. I can tell you that zero percent think I am a racist. I'm just the guy with the nice wife and son and three cats. I get lots of smiles. Why, because I don't give people extra points because of some immutable characteristic. I give them all the same benefit of the doubt.

MDlaxfan76 would be amused by this. Our oldest child is very intelligent. Math SAT 800. She applied to Dartmouth with the second highest GPA in her HS class and 24 AP credits including calculus and physics. She graduated her "second choice" college as Valedictorian (another thing to eliminate, according to recent trends). When I called Dartmouth just to see why, I was told enrollment basically broke down among legacy, minority, sports and all other and that "all other" was roughly 25%. I did not inquire about anyone's GPA or SAT. I just said OK. Yet, when I told the admissions officer my daughter went to a public HS, I was told that if she had gone to nearby Severn School ($22k/yr at the time) she probably would have been admitted. Anyone see the inconsistency? He probably lived in a "safe neighborhood" with "nice schools" in Hanover, NH.
But you just said there’s likely paper millionaires in your hood so how are you calling anyone else out? Ever spent any time below the anacostia. In Brooklyn’s hood or south bronx? How about wretched parts of Oakland or SW Atlanta, East point, When YOU sell YOUR house in your nice neighborhood come back here and tell us since you are making proclamations about inner cities? Doing the same thing hour now whining about someone doing to you except you threw the bomb out there with a piece from a known racist and treated it like some scientific study by an agnostic person. That’s called fraud.
I spent a lot of time around black people in Baltimore City from an early age. My grandfather and his brother-in-law had a poultry stall in two of the open air markets. My brother and I were there every Saturday from the time we were about 8. I also remember delivering free turkeys with all the trimmings during Thanksgiving and Christmas in West Baltimore, where none of their customers came from.

Calling someone a racist is mostly for the lazy and unthinking who want to shield their eyes from the obvious and offer bromides, not solutions. The murder rate isn't a factor of color, it's a factor of culture and desperation. You can add what well meaning liberals have done to them by marginalizing the black man. In many cases your government program became the father, and it has proven a poor substitute for a real black man.
Dude you put up an argument that started this claiming irrefutable fact that color does impact whether one is A murdered or not in terms of probabilities and then in the same string argued against that. What are you talking about.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm So, anyone ready to acknowledge this fact.

Turns out the police golden boy Rolfe has 12 incidents in a 7 yr career including a written reprimand for “a use of force incident involving a firearm” in 2017.

Brosnan, the more professional one, yet to have anything in his record over 2 years.

Knowing what the other 11 "incidents" are would be helpful, don't you think? If you can point to one use of force then by extension are the other 11 not use of force? We don't know. An answer to PB's question might be illuminating, as well. What percent do you think are unworthy of being a police officer?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nationally, no idea just throwing numbers out but maybe 5-15%.

More importantly how many are fit to uphold the job they have? How many should have legal authority to take someone’s freedoms, even if for a day, let alone use significant or lethal force? Half. Maybe more. I hold the good, qualified professional ones in the highest esteem, but take the less professional, less qualified ones personally.

Maybe in another generation when the old pension grabbing junk retires and moves on it’ll be much higher but the standard we need to hold these people accountable to should be as high as any in this country given the authority and power they are handed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:24 pm

Knowing what the other 11 "incidents" are would be helpful, don't you think? If you can point to one use of force then by extension are the other 11 not use of force? We don't know. An answer to PB's question might be illuminating, as well. What percent do you think are unworthy of being a police officer?
The story does provide more info but if you had one written reprimand within two decades for “a use of force incident with a firearm” and then couple years later shoot and kill a guy in the back you’ve got to go. Pension gone, criminal charges, likely. Frankly the superior should get jammed up, maybe not criminally but one or more of his bosses weren’t doing there job and I don’t mean the chief of police.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It was a white female.

And you will be proven wrong that it want lawful and will excuse it by denigrating the entire justice system in Georgia. It’s easy to see that playing out.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:19 pm

It was a white female.

Not "the preferred course of action"; shooting him twice in the back after he turned away...and you're pretending to have a clue about what is "lawful, given the circumstances, the cops training & the APD protocols he operated within."??? :roll:

Your bloody argument has been that he was a risk because he'd previously been DUI...and thus, the shooting him in the back twice while he ran away is actually "lawful"...

And you're telling me I'm "lying"?? :roll: :lol:

You've sunk to a new low, salty.
Old Salt believes he would have run home and borrowed his sister’s car and then go back out drunk driving or stole one...so the cop took preemptive action and shot him in the back.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's an interesting question, for sure PB.

What do you think?
5, 10, 20, 30?

Let's say it's 5.
I think it's considerably higher, just based upon my handful of interactions with police as a general citizen, either as a witness to an accident or as a victim or as someone just walking down the street. At least a quarter of my interactions as an adult, a well off white guy by appearance, have been downright uncomfortable, clear lack of respect for me as a citizen shown by the officer. Not 100%, but WAY too often. I've had lots of good interactions as well, but too many were just not remotely ok.

And I'm not a young black man, whether in a neighborhood plagued by crime...or driving a nice car or running down the street in a wealthy or middle class neighborhood...

The more problematic question than what percent are 'bad apples', though, is why and how they were hired in the first place, and most importantly why and how they remain in blue for so long. What is about the police and policing that turns a blind eye to these 'bad apples'? Over and over and over again...until maybe someone catches them on film...

Seems to me that some of these folks are attracted to the power associated with carrying a badge and a gun, the uniform, etc. I've met too many of this type.

Part of it is the 'blue', this notion of being in a warlike posture, gotta have my buddies' back to survive, etc.

And part of it is the ongoing racist presumptions, a persistent reality of our society.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Defund the police!

Defund the IRS:

The poster may be also

Dude you put up an argument that started this claiming irrefutable fact that color does impact whether one is A murdered or not in terms of probabilities and then in the same string argued against that. What are you talking about.
There is a difference, because the study did not elaborate on factors, only colors. I elaborated on factors, as I have from the beginning. And many of the factors are from Dems "helping". You're helping them to death.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Nationally, no idea just throwing numbers out but maybe 5-15%.

More importantly how many are fit to uphold the job they have? How many should have legal authority to take someone’s freedoms, even if for a day, let alone use significant or lethal force? Half. Maybe more. I hold the good, qualified professional ones in the highest esteem, but take the less professional, less qualified ones personally.

Maybe in another generation when the old pension grabbing junk retires and moves on it’ll be much higher but the standard we need to hold these people accountable to should be as high as any in this country given the authority and power they are handed.

Appreciate the answer because I think it shows the problem. I'd posit that no more than 2% of cops are bad apples. There have been exhaustive studies of police that have been investigated for allegations of wrongdoing (including all sorts of things such as excessive force), and if you extrapolate the number versus those that have been employed during those years, the figures appear to show around 2%. Which if you look at our companies and other institutions, sounds about right. I tend to give police the benefit of the doubt often because the ones I know are simply superb Americans, and I know the trash humans they have to deal with every day.

There are approximately 800,000 LE personnel in America. Everyone has a video camera today, so you are catching many but not all of the bad police. In the end, these events will make police better, but Democrats run the risk of greatly increasing crime such as happened in Baltimore when it was shown that the mayor and the AG did not support their own police. Support your PD, but also demand reforms. That isn't too hard, is it? "Defund the Police" is a marketing disaster.

I support my local police as much as I can.
Typical Lax Dad

Defund the police!

Defund the IRS:

The poster may be also

Did you not just intimate earlier that black people were genetically inferior and predisposed to criminality?

“What is delusional is not recognizing one race is almost 8 times more likely to commit a homicide than the next highest race. Read the attached commentary. Everything he says is backed up by statistical analysis. And if you don't like the part about intelligence, remember, Asians are generally more intelligent than whites. Not specifically, generally.”

You “a” race man....

Btw, Chinese only recently became “Asian”, based on the chart.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:34 pm

It's an interesting question, for sure PB.

What do you think?
5, 10, 20, 30?

Let's say it's 5.
I think it's considerably higher, just based upon my handful of interactions with police as a general citizen, either as a witness to an accident or as a victim or as someone just walking down the street. At least a quarter of my interactions as an adult, a well off white guy by appearance, have been downright uncomfortable, clear lack of respect for me as a citizen shown by the officer. Not 100%, but WAY too often. I've had lots of good interactions as well, but too many were just not remotely ok.

And I'm not a young black man, whether in a neighborhood plagued by crime...or driving a nice car or running down the street in a wealthy or middle class neighborhood...

The more problematic question than what percent are 'bad apples', though, is why and how they were hired in the first place, and most importantly why and how they remain in blue for so long. What is about the police and policing that turns a blind eye to these 'bad apples'? Over and over and over again...until maybe someone catches them on film...

Seems to me that some of these folks are attracted to the power associated with carrying a badge and a gun, the uniform, etc. I've met too many of this type.

Part of it is the 'blue', this notion of being in a warlike posture, gotta have my buddies' back to survive, etc.

And part of it is the ongoing racist presumptions, a persistent reality of our society.

See post above, but your answers show why you are on the wrong side. It's no higher than 5%, and I actually think it's closer to 2%.

Support your police and support reforms.

Return to “POLITICS”