Syracuse 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
stupefied

Re: Syracuse 2023

Post by stupefied »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:25 pm So by my count Spallina is now 9/26 or around 34% shooting and 11pts in 2.5 games. Who knows how he will do down the road but the early overreactions to his first game seem petty now.
Only legit critique was 15 shots in 1st game may have been a bit much otherwise there was little reason to judge the heralded frosh off one game.

Kid can play as well as fellow frosh Thomson. With Hiltz and Birtwhistle, Cuse has a offense that can continue to grow .

Understand Cuse was expected to win first three games comfortably so won't declare anything, schedule now gets tougher going forward with Maryland and ACC .

The new goalie Mark is making a huge difference and along with these young talents does give Cuse a chance to beat good teams. We shall see
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't care the level of competition Cuse has played to date, this team is fun to watch. Completely different mentality from the past couple of years, the ball doesn't stop moving. Don't know the final numbers but at one point Cuse had 13 goals, 11 were assisted. Hiltz is just phenomenal, throws such nice passes, it was devastating when he went down and out last year. The criticisms of #22 have proven to be completely unwarranted, he threw some nice assists today too, eyes up and looking. Got another finster today too. Think GG handled #22's first outing perfectly.
I don't miss Dordevic.....at all.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:11 pm Don't care the level of competition Cuse has played to date, this team is fun to watch. Completely different mentality from the past couple of years, the ball doesn't stop moving. Don't know the final numbers but at one point Cuse had 13 goals, 11 were assisted. Hiltz is just phenomenal, throws such nice passes, it was devastating when he went down and out last year. The criticisms of #22 have proven to be completely unwarranted, he threw some nice assists today too, eyes up and looking. Got another finster today too. Think GG handled #22's first outing perfectly.
I've also been very impressed with the defense so far. Obviously the competition is about to step up, but as a unit they look much improved. The ssdm position could be a strength and so far Mark is a much more consistent presence in goal.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Completely agree, I have been too.
I've given an A+ to the coaching staff,
which of course includes Petro and March
Finster

Post by Finster »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:11 pm Don't care the level of competition Cuse has played to date, this team is fun to watch. Completely different mentality from the past couple of years, the ball doesn't stop moving. Don't know the final numbers but at one point Cuse had 13 goals, 11 were assisted. Hiltz is just phenomenal, throws such nice passes, it was devastating when he went down and out last year. The criticisms of #22 have proven to be completely unwarranted, he threw some nice assists today too, eyes up and looking. Got another finster today too. Think GG handled #22's first outing perfectly.

Geez, Dmac, did Dordevic decline to sign a poster for you or somehting? Aren't you 70? You're on Fanlax chasing him down here at the Cuse thread as well as (amazingly) chasing him down over at the Georgetown thread, telling unsuspecting Hoya fans that Tucker will ruin their year, 'just like he ruined the Orange the last four years'...classy.

You might not know this since neither kid advertises their good deeds, but both he and Brendan Curry (another Cuse player you gratuitously knock :roll: ) excelled in the classroom as well as on the field. Also, and as importantly, teammates really liked playing with both.

You might not be familiar with teamwork, but I promise, it makes the experience better for everyone. If anyone here wants to know what a great kid Brendan Curry is, go to YouTube and watch the press conference after the Loyola playoff loss in 2019...you'll see an underclasman (Curry) cry because he felt like he let his teammates down and didn't want them to go out with a loss.

As far as your hero Michael Jordan, oops I meant Joey Spallina (sorry the announcer's comparison is hard to get out of my ears), for the millionth time, his numbers are not the story; his maturity, team first mentality, and leadership development are. Check back in two years to see how things worked out.

The team is different this year, and that's good. The fans unsurprisingly remain the same.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

“The fans”? Does this not include oneself who’s posting about YouTube clips of players from 4yrs ago.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
molo

Post by molo »

After one tough win and two blowouts, Cuse must not become overconfident as they head to CP against a Terp team looking to get past the Loyola debacle. They may be hard to prepare for as I would anticipate some changes on the offensive end.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Finster wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:00 pm

Geez, Dmac, did Dordevic decline to sign a poster for you or somehting? Aren't you 70? You're on Fanlax chasing him down here at the Cuse thread as well as (amazingly) chasing him down over at the Georgetown thread, telling unsuspecting Hoya fans that Tucker will ruin their year, 'just like he ruined the Orange the last four years'...classy.

You might not know this since neither kid advertises their good deeds, but both he and Brendan Curry (another Cuse player you gratuitously knock :roll: ) excelled in the classroom as well as on the field. Also, and as importantly, teammates really liked playing with both.

You might not be familiar with teamwork, but I promise, it makes the experience better for everyone. If anyone here wants to know what a great kid Brendan Curry is, go to YouTube and watch the press conference after the Loyola playoff loss in 2019...you'll see an underclasman (Curry) cry because he felt like he let his teammates down and didn't want them to go out with a loss.

As far as your hero Michael Jordan, oops I meant Joey Spallina (sorry the announcer's comparison is hard to get out of my ears), for the millionth time, his numbers are not the story; his maturity, team first mentality, and leadership development are. Check back in two years to see how things worked out.

The team is different this year, and that's good. The fans unsurprisingly remain the same.
So where do I go with this, you with the stick in your eye, pot meet kettle, or just a big hypocrite?
You tear apart a freshman after his first outing and I'm highly critical of a seasoned player's play (loved
him as a freshman) but you're going to give me a lecture. It's a big fail.
What would make you think I need a lecture from you about teamwork, cuz you're more experienced with it than I am?
Captain of my HS lax team Jr & Sr years, Captain of my JUCO team too (after 8 yrs in the service), all voted on by the players. Have played plenty of ball, football (supposedly the ultimate team sport) baseball (LL All Star catcher two years in a row, led the league both years in HRs too...then I saw lacrosse, that ended baseball) and hoops. Know all about teamwork, got a little military experience with it too.
What TD does off the lacrosse field doesn't enter the picture when critiquing his play on the field, it's nothing personal I don't like the way he plays the game. Teamwork there....nope.
What makes you think I didn't see Curry at the presser after after the Loyola loss?
Oh, and I'm older than 70, spare me the lectures.
molo

Post by molo »

Oldest regular poster or do I have a year or two on you?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't know but I think you might. I was surprised some time back by one of your posts that hinted about your age, figured you for much younger for some reason. I'm 72....never ever figured on making it that long, playin' with house money.
molo

Post by molo »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Think old salt's got ya, he might have a year on you.
Not positive about that but do think so.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:57 pm
Finster wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:00 pm

So where do I go with this, you with the stick in your eye, pot meet kettle, or just a big hypocrite?
You tear apart a freshman after his first outing and I'm highly critical of a seasoned player's play (loved
him as a freshman) but you're going to give me a lecture. It's a big fail.
What would make you think I need a lecture from you about teamwork, cuz you're more experienced with it than I am?
Captain of my HS lax team Jr & Sr years, Captain of my JUCO team too (after 8 yrs in the service), all voted on by the players. Have played plenty of ball, football (supposedly the ultimate team sport) baseball (LL All Star catcher two years in a row, led the league both years in HRs too...then I saw lacrosse, that ended baseball) and hoops. Know all about teamwork, got a little military experience with it too.
What TD does off the lacrosse field doesn't enter the picture when critiquing his play on the field, it's nothing personal I don't like the way he plays the game. Teamwork there....nope.
What makes you think I didn't see Curry at the presser after after the Loyola loss?
Oh, and I'm older than 70, spare me the lectures.
I want to know what a liquor add where Serena Williams is talking about teamwork is doing anywhere given she played a individual sport her entire life. Or why folks care about her selling liquor in general.
molo

Post by molo »

Maybe so. Several of the old LP regulars are gone.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:10 pm Don't know but I think you might. I was surprised some time back by one of your posts that hinted about your age, figured you for much younger for some reason. I'm 72....never ever figured on making it that long, playin' with house money.
What about your BlueJay47 guy who seemingly is an octogenarian or the lol guy who showed up randomly on the Rutgers boards referencing Facebook as “social media”.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I was left with pretty much the same thoughts, Ffg, re Serena.
DMac

Post by DMac »

molo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:20 pm Maybe so. Several of the old LP regulars are gone.
Indeed. RIP Lax Fi (71), think about him often.
Some of the others were before my time on LP.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:27 pm
molo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:20 pm Maybe so. Several of the old LP regulars are gone.
Indeed. RIP Lax Fi (71), think about him often.
Some of the others were before my time on LP.
+ 1,000
Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:19 am ...
Bad news, the system in place for getting a "ticket" at the Dome is just flat out idiotic. First you stick your card (no cash) in the little device that reads them to pay for it. Then the guy in the booth asks you for your phone number so he can send you your ticket via text message. You then pull your text message up and show it to the "ticket taker" who scans it, and voi la, you're in the Dome. Does this sound like a faster, smoother, more efficient way to get a ticket and into the Dome than to hand a person a twenty, he then hands you a ticket which you then hand to the ticket taker? Ridiculous.
Sorry, but that's one of the funniest things I've heard. Whatever happened to "Legal tender for all debts, ..."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

there's still some hopkins guys who've talked about seeing some blue jay championships in person, so i dunno.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”