ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cagekeeper

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by Cagekeeper »

UVA just outplayed them. Plain and simple. They have a good team that is peaking at the right time and it was a must win for them. Hower is just not a good goalie. Sorry but not sorry. And the draw has been an issue for cuse since ET got injured.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:15 pm UVA just outplayed them. Plain and simple. They have a good team that is peaking at the right time and it was a must win for them. Hower is just not a good goalie. Sorry but not sorry. And the draw has been an issue for cuse since ET got injured.
I agree, they got beat. Both UVA and ND were playing for much more than SU and Duke were, but the effect this could have on Duke & SU's seeding could make them regret these losses even more in hindsight. Could also serve as a learning opportunity.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:19 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:15 pm UVA just outplayed them. Plain and simple. They have a good team that is peaking at the right time and it was a must win for them. Hower is just not a good goalie. Sorry but not sorry. And the draw has been an issue for cuse since ET got injured.
I agree, they got beat. Both UVA and ND were playing for much more than SU and Duke were, but the effect this could have on Duke & SU's seeding could make them regret these losses even more in hindsight. Could also serve as a learning opportunity.
Definitely. Cuse has been plagued by injury. We know that. But taking transfers that don’t live up is an issue. Tess queri I think has been a great addition. She really has come into her role. The sweitzer sisters I do not get. Other than the highlight btb a few games ago I see not too much from 35.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Both Carolina and Boston College will cruise to relatively comfortable wins on Sunday.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Well I didn't watch the Syracuse - Virginia game; wanted to read instead. I guess I made the right call. Six goals for Clark; what a career she has ahead of her. Congrats to Virginia and UVA/Hoos/Wahoos/Cavs fans.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:23 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:19 pm
Definitely. Cuse has been plagued by injury. We know that. But taking transfers that don’t live up is an issue. Tess queri I think has been a great addition. She really has come into her role. The sweitzer sisters I do not get. Other than the highlight btb a few games ago I see not too much from 35.
35's stats are in line with every other midfielder except Swart. Smith has a few more offensive points but in terms of 55, 49 they are almost identical. Right now she is the one of the five best midfielders SU has. Might be different if 24 and 44 were not hurt, then again it might not be. What I can probably say with fairly good certainty is that the head coach has the players out there that she thinks give her the best chance of winning. She thinks that 35 helps her do that.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:07 am Might be different if 24 and 44 were not hurt, then again it might not be.
This thought occurred to me last night, too, considering their issues in the cage
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:31 am Well I didn't watch the Syracuse - Virginia game; wanted to read instead. I guess I made the right call. Six goals for Clark; what a career she has ahead of her. Congrats to Virginia and UVA/Hoos/Wahoos/Cavs fans.
Is Clark freshman of the year?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

user1020 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:07 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:31 am Well I didn't watch the Syracuse - Virginia game; wanted to read instead. I guess I made the right call. Six goals for Clark; what a career she has ahead of her. Congrats to Virginia and UVA/Hoos/Wahoos/Cavs fans.
I think she’s had it in the bag for a a little while now. I think Brooklyn WW is her closest competition
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Yes
OuttaNowhereWregget

tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:57 pm Hard to teach undisciplined play out of a team culture.
Been saying this for a while now regarding Syracuse. Funny how it can continue to exist even after a coaching change.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

How wil. UVA stack up against BC? Any shot they beat them? Obv anything is possible …..but what are odds here ?
OuttaNowhereWregget

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm I'm thinking Cuse falls to a 6 or a 7 seed now in the NCAA's.. UVA is a dangerous out!

Joe
I think that will be their best game of '22. They'll go back to being themselves from here on. They'll get dragged by the Heels on Sunday and after one or two easy wins in the early rounds of the NCAA, they'll exit quietly. But that's just one fellow's opinion.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:28 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm I'm thinking Cuse falls to a 6 or a 7 seed now in the NCAA's.. UVA is a dangerous out!

Joe
I think that will be their best game of '22. They'll go back to being themselves from here on. They'll get dragged by the Heels on Sunday and after one or two easy wins in the early rounds of the NCAA, they'll exit quietly. But that's just one fellow's opinion.
Virginia plays BC
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 am
How wil. UVA stack up against BC? Any shot they beat them? Obv anything is possible …..but what are odds here ?
No chance. BC plays much better D than Syracuse. Scales will hold Clark in relative check. Taylor will hold McGovern in relative check. Hall will make more than four saves. BC will score. 17-10?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:32 am
Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 am
No chance. BC plays much better D than Syracuse. Scales will hold Clark in relative check. Taylor will hold McGovern in relative check. Hall will make more than four saves. BC will score. 17-10?
I agree. BC and UVA did play one half of competitive lacrosse early in the season, so I’m just hoping for a decent game. The stakes have also changed for UVA. They’re no longer in a “win to survive” position.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:30 am

Joe
Virginia plays BC
Ah! So they did re-seed after the quarters. Same prediction, however.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:33 am
Yes
Yes
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:32 am Hall will make more than four saves.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:40 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:30 am

Joe
Virginia plays BC
Ah! So they did re-seed after the quarters. Same prediction, however.
I don't think they re-seeded, the winner of the BC/Virginia Tech game was always going to play the winner of the Cuse/UVA game

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”