ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:10 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:35 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm Charlotte North's stat line through 3 quarters:

2 G 2 A 1 GB 1 CT 6 DC's.

Yup--all she can do is score.

Asinine.
I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.
You neglected her assists, which are up to 18 for the season.

My point is she can do these other things. She's not limited, which is the impression I get from some of the comments North gets on these boards. She's no Sam Apuzzo, granted. But athletically, she does things Apuzzo could only do in her dreams.
I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC & her 18 assists in 17 games however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

This UVA v Cuse game is off to a great start for any neutral fans…

UVA ineligible for the tournament if they lose this as their record drops below 500 so it really is all to play for.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:19 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm Charlotte North's stat line through 3 quarters:

Asinine.
I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.

My point is she can do these other things. She's not limited, which is the impression I get from some of the comments North gets on these boards. She's no Sam Apuzzo, granted. But athletically, she does things Apuzzo could only do in her dreams.
I’d rather have Appuzzo

Check out the comment under the ^^^^^^'s above inside the bottom of the white box. See how your comment got blended in above? If you make sure to begin your comment under the quote enclosed by brackets and a slash, it will be separate from the others.

But see how the quote enclosed by brackets below isn't complete? That's why your comment got lost in with the previous comment. I think what's happening is you're backspacing too far. Anyway--just thought I'd mention it. That way your comments will always be distinct from everyone else's.

As to Apuzzo. If I had the choice of having Sam with no national championship, or Charlotte with one. I'd take Charlotte every time.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:48 pm

Asinine.

I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC & her 18 assists in 17 games however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.
Yes--that was her first CT of the year, and 5th ground ball. I'm not sure what point you're making. That because of the quantity of these stats, her ability to do them is irrelevant? You agree she's able to scoop ground balls and cause turnovers, I'm sure.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:12 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:19 pm

Asinine.

I’d rather have Appuzzo

Check out the comment under the ^^^^^^'s above inside the bottom of the white box. See how your comment got blended in above? If you make sure to begin your comment under the quote enclosed by brackets and a slash, it will be separate from the others.

But see how the quote enclosed by brackets below isn't complete? That's why your comment got lost in with the previous comment. I think what's happening is you're backspacing too far. Anyway--just thought I'd mention it. That way your comments will always be distinct from everyone else's.

As to Apuzzo. If I had the choice of having Sam with no national championship, or Charlotte with one. I'd take Charlotte every time.
Nahhh
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:19 pm

Asinine.

Yes--that was her first CT of the year, and 5th ground ball. I'm not sure what point you're making. That because of the quantity of these stats, her ability to do them is irrelevant? You agree she's able to scoop ground balls and cause turnovers, I'm sure.
That is a very nice, balanced stat line. I agree, she does more than score, but I don't think that specific stat line is fully indicative the type of play she consistently turns in.

It is my opinion that:

Her scoring and DC contributions to BC are quite significant.

Her assists are neither immensely significant nor insignificant. They're OK.

By now, BC has participated in roughly 520 draw controls. In addition to re-defending, as someone who takes the majority of BC's draws (to err on the low side let's say North has taken 70% of the draws - so 364 draw controls), I'd expect her, or any other player, to have more than one caused turnover on the year as well as more than 5 ground balls.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 pm This UVA v Cuse game is off to a great start for any neutral fans…

UVA ineligible for the tournament if they lose this as their record drops below 500 so it really is all to play for.
I think UVA has a solid young core with a lot of promise & potential. Hopefully they can do something with it in the next few years
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:19 pm

Asinine.

Her hustle stats when her team needs the ball back are not stellar. And that's ok, obviously her coach is good with what she contributes. Mossman only 3/1 and M Hasselbeck 1/3.
Medjid leads the attack with 12 GB and 6 CT , Martello' 4/4, Davis 8 GB's, so they are carrying the load when it comes to getting the ball back on attack (didn't include mids).
Ground balls are not just scooping the ball, which happens all game long. They are credited when a player regains possession for their team.
Telling other posters their opinions are asinine because they differ from yours is not the way to win friends and influence people 🤷
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:17 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 pm This UVA v Cuse game is off to a great start for any neutral fans…

I think UVA has a solid young core with a lot of promise & potential. Hopefully they can do something with it in the next few years
Wow UVA giving Cuse all they cAn handle !
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:26 pm

Just tuning in - my family was NFL draft focused.
5 yellows for SU ?
Rochester girl Schwab having a night.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:34 pm

5 yellows for SU ?
Yeah, including 2 yellows and a green card all in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd. I only saw the second yellow which I definitely think should have been called, but SU had 3 players in the penalty box at one time

But I had just tuned in at that point too - my family is Ozark focused haha
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:36 pm

5 yellows for SU ?
Yeah, including 2 yellows and a green card all in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd. I only saw the second yellow which I definitely think should have been called, but SU had 3 players in the penalty box at one time

Typical syracuse goalie woes…. Yellow cards def didn’t help . Of all the games this one is surprising me the most .
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Hard to teach undisciplined play out of a team culture.
As was said earlier in regards to ND/Duke. Don't ever underestimate a team with their backs against the wall.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:36 pm

5 yellows for SU ?

Typical syracuse goalie woes…. Yellow cards def didn’t help . Of all the games this one is surprising me the most .
This game isn't over until the clock reads 0:00. But I agree, goalie woes & cards don't help to put you in a good position down the stretch
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:57 pm Hard to teach undisciplined play out of a team culture.
I agree
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

That was really the SU plan on basically an inbound play?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

ACC a 6 team bid conference
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

I'm thinking Cuse falls to a 6 or a 7 seed now in the NCAA's.. UVA is a dangerous out!

Joe
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Congrats to UVA. Biggest surprise of the day was this win, but UVA is a good team that hadn't picked up a signature win yet this season. With their backs against the wall UVA (and ND today) showed up. You can’t ever underestimate that good of a team
user1020

Post by user1020 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm I'm thinking Cuse falls to a 6 or a 7 seed now in the NCAA's.. UVA is a dangerous out!

Joe
UNC
UMD
BC
NW
(these are my top 4 if they all make it to their conference championships - seeding could fluctuate depending on who wins)
SBU
Loyola
Cuse
Florida

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”