All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

DMac

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 pm My goodness....it is called a PM for a reason. You doing okay?...seriously. Maybe a vacation from this place is in order...just to clear your mind.
I thought hard about it, youth.
It's an abusive message and IMO didn't deserve any protection of "privacy".

Had Joe revealed something personal or sensitive in nature in which I felt his own personal privacy would be threatened I would not have exposed it...but it did not.

Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.

sunlight
There was no thinking about this, MDlax, it's a Private Message and expected to be handled as such.
Way out of line with making a private message public.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 pm My goodness....it is called a PM for a reason. You doing okay?...seriously. Maybe a vacation from this place is in order...just to clear your mind.

Had Joe revealed something personal or sensitive in nature in which I felt his own personal privacy would be threatened I would not have exposed it...but it did not.

Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.

sunlight
There was no thinking about this, MDlax, it's a Private Message and expected to be handled as such.
Way out of line with making a private message public.
Well there certainly does seem to be a consensus, so far.

so, I took a look at the "rules" to see if I really broke one. I don't see it.

That said, if the Admin weighs in and tells me under no circumstance is a PM to be exposed publicly, I'll take that counsel...he sets the rules not me. In the meantime, I reiterate, if someone sends an abusive PM to me, I intend to expose it to public sunlight. If there's something truly private revealed by the poster, I'll of course show appropriate discretion.

Don't send abusive PM's to me.

Here's the rules as currently published:

If You See Something, Say Something
If you see a Post or receive a PM (Private Message) that you believe to be inappropriate, please click the "Report this Post" Exclamation Mark (!) directly above the relevant Post or Private Message. Your identity will remain anonymous and your input is critical to FanLax effectively serving the needs of you and the lacrosse community.

FanLax Rules
[Updated: October 15, 2018]

FanLax's Rules are a living document. As a consequence, when relevant, these policies will be updated. When updated, we will post the date of the update directly above. The list of policies below are far from exhaustive. So, when in doubt, simply follow the Rules of Men's Collegiate Lacrosse. Especially RULE 5—Personal and Expulsion Fouls, RULE 6—Technical Fouls, and RULE 7—Penalty Enforcement.

FanLax Penalty Box - The FanLax Sideline and Penalty Box is where post-ers sit while serving their one-to-four day foul. (A five day foul results in an expulsion from the FanLax Forum for a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of forever.) When serving their time in the Penalty Box, players can read the posts of other post-ers throughout the FanLax Forum but are restricted to only creating posts within the Sideline and Penalty Box Forum. Non-Penalized post-ers can post throughout the FanLax Forum including within the Sideline and Penalty Box Forum. The Sideline and Penalty Box Forum resides within the Administrative Stuff Category.

Unnecessary Roughness - Lacrosse is a physical sport. It involves stick checks, body checks, and, on occasion, hard body checks. And a good body check is an integral part of the game. With this said, some times what a post-er considers a metaphorical good body check is actually unnecessary roughness and warrants a one-to-three-day non-releasable foul.

Official's Communication Device - One of the rule changes for the 2017-18 season was Officials being permitted to use communication devices for in-game officiating. The referee is directly on the field with the players, coaches, and even two assistant referees. Even so, the referee sometimes needs the aid of assistants off-the-field who are watching the game on TVs from multiple angles in order to help him or her to make the right call. At FanLax, Admin is the referee and you, FanLax's Forum-ites are the assistants who whisper into the referees ear. When relevant, please take the time to whisper.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4. No post-er shall:
a. Enter into a maligning argument with an official, Admin, as to any decision that has been made.
b. Use threatening, profane or obscene language, or gestures.
c. Bait, taunt, call undue attention to oneself, or commit any other act considered unsportsmanlike by the officials. Baiting and taunting is a one-to-three-day non-releasable foul in all cases.
Note 1: If a player continues to be abusive after the penalty is assessed, the official may add additional non-releasable fouls. Penalty time from these fouls counts toward the 5-day limit for fouling out. Fighting and Flagrant misconduct are expulsion fouls. An expelled individual does not go to the penalty box. The individual is barred from the FanLax Forum completely for a minimum of five days and a maximum of forever.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't care what the rules say, trust was broken.
No secret clearance for you.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:25 pm

sunlight
Blahh, blahh, blahh with your bullchit. When you PM someone that is the same as a confessional IMO. Shame on you, no respect for you ever going forward. Go suck face with all you marshmallow fluff republicans. You need to man up and put forth a huge apology and humble yourself and admit you effed up. If you had a problem with the content of a PM... go to the mods. I use to disagree with you vehemently but still have respect for you, not any more. Shame on you MD... shame on you. Go dig yourself a left handed ditch. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:D no worries cradle, your "confessionals" are safe. We've had very respectful exchanges in PM, and though you occasionally go off on me on here, that's ok...you generally chill down after a bit. Not so with some posters.

But yeah, anyone who sends me an abusive PM, thinking that's cool to do, better understand that I won't keep it private. Sunshine, fellas.

But if you reveal something actually private, I'll maintain discretion.
I get that, I have had some posters here say some harsh things to me via PM's. I admit that sometimes I deserved them and other times i did not. The concept of blabbing them to everybody when sent to you in privacy violates any and all expectations of what the term "private message" is suppose to mean. That is dirty laundry you should take to the moderator. It is unseemly to air it for everyone to read. I guarantee you will never get another PM from me. i don't trust you to keep the confidence entrusted in a PM any longer. I hope it was worth it to you to compromise your integrity. have a great evening. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm Don't care what the rules say, trust was broken.
+1, I USE to like MD even though I disagreed with him often. If he was living in any city the "no snitch" rule would have put a bullseye on his backside. An honest, sincere and open apology would go a long way. I hope MD looks long and hard at his mistake and does so.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:57 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:01 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:50 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:39 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp

The media they sure do have Andy's back on this one. King Andy is not responsible for these deaths in NYS nursing homes... New York is responsible. That does not make sense because a lot of folks here have blamed dump for the death of 400 thousand people. Should they not be blaming the United States for the failure if that is the logic being used by some folks in the press? I got it... that's different. :roll:
There is much better logic in blaming the former president for a large portion of the deaths in the US, because there was an OBVIOUS lack of federal coordination, intervention, and support. There are plenty of other countries that fared better than the US with more effective governmental action.

At one time, the US had built a better mechanism for response to a pandemic but Trump and his cronies actually dismantled it. And some of the continued deaths that are upcoming will be attributable to this basic abdication of responsibility, as the basis of an effective response has to be built almost from scratch.

In addition to not acting correctly to combat the pandemic, Trump and his cronies politicized all sorts of effective measure, and followed goose chases to find a miracle cure in such a way to make a vast portion of his followers to question everything about the actual science/medicine. That continues to make it very difficult to put back together an effective response.
Ridiculous. Both sides politicized Covid. When will you start to see things more honestly? My guess... never.

And stop covering for Biden and his cronies. They wanted power, it's all now their's to fix.
You mean that one “side” said yikes this has the potential to be a huge health and economic crisis if we don’t act in a coordinated, aggressive way driven by the federal government?

And the other “side” called that a Democrat, media Fake News “hoax”?
Simplistic MSNBC/CNN propaganda... nice work mdlax
That's the extent of your response, Q?
Ha. And by your response it's quite obvious you're a biased, dead end re this subject.

Just for you, I'll repost this article. Did you even read it before or is the author cause for instant rejection? If so, just more bias on your part.

This is a truthful article whether you're capable of either understanding and/or admitting it:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... s-2188255/
I'd read it before and just read it again. Yes, VDH is a right wing propagandist. Typical stuff from him.

Now as to his points, and by your post you're suggesting that they're yours, you two are drawing an equivalence to the Dems ripping Trump for his failures of leadership and decision making in the coronavirus crisis, as the Election Day approached....and those many months of politically motivated failures of Trump... That's it???

You see these as equivalent "politicization"??? So you can't even admit to the hypocrisy the author refers to. Harris, Pelosi, Newsom, just to name a few. They wanted everything and everyone locked down and yet broke their own rules. And you can't admit to how incredibly irresponsible and politicized Harris' comment that she wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump told us to? Wow you're right, that's some "actors in good faith" right there. Such BS.

You still haven't responded to the two very different ways the "sides" (science versus anti-science) took to the pandemic, playing out for months with continuing disastrous effect. BS to your "anti-science" claim... just more lies. The administration cleared the red tape and bureaucratic hurdles, provided the funding and the impetus to develop vaccines in miraculous time. Anti-science my a$$.

Listen, I think there were legitimate questions as to what policies would best serve the American public at each stage of this public heath and economic crisis, questions on which people of good faith could fairly disagree, however Trump and his acolytes were never actors in good faith...and that's unfortunately the truth.

Those of us who were early on and continuously thereafter saying that consistent, universal sacrifices were necessary to prevent far greater costs longer term were correct. Countries which responded the most aggressively have suffered the least. Likewise, those of us who were immediately calling for following the lead of Asian countries, who had considerably more experience with respiratory epidemics, to mask up and socially distance, were quite correct. But half the country listened to a leader who told them the opposite, who attempted to shift blame to others, who refused to accept responsibility to lead an all-government, coordinated, competent response to an epic crisis...and here we are. More BS. No matter what Trump would have done or attempted to do re your "all-government, coordinated, competent response," it would have been met with resistance and attempted sabotage at every turn by the Ds and media in order to undermine and blame.

WHO, CDC and Fauci were all over the place with recommendations (including masks), yet you knew? Your hindsight could not be better.

And stop with the comparisons with other little countries that don't have anything in common with the largest democracy in the world. We are not New Zealand nor South Korea, e.g. ... that's just dumb.

That doesn't mean that America got nothing right, to the contrary, half the country took responsibility, the scientists worked diligently, medical folks were heroic...lots of courageous and self-sacrificing people among our neighbors.

There's room to come together on this, learn from our mistakes, and move forward to address the next challenges...but as long as many cling to false equivalencies, or worse, that can't fully happen.

BTW, nice job with Joe Mauer's PM. For such a noble guy :roll: that says a lot.
Last edited by tech37 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:05 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm Don't care what the rules say, trust was broken.
+1, I USE to like MD even though I disagreed with him often. If he was living in any city the "no snitch" rule would have put a bullseye on his backside. An honest, sincere and open apology would go a long way. I hope MD looks long and hard at his mistake and does so.
Not to pile on here.....but posting a PM for all to see is a no-no. I can understand not necessarily knowing that since MD is right---that ain't in the forum rules. But. Not cool.

So maybe a quick "hey, sorry, didn't know that was off limits, Joe"...and move on.

It's sorta like outing a person's actual identity on the forum. It's REALLY not cool to do that. And I say that as one of the few folks here where most everyone knows who I am in "real life". I know a ton of folks identities in real life that post here....I'd never put that out on the forum. Not ok.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:30 pm
Not to pile on here.....but posting a PM for all to see is a no-no. I can understand not necessarily knowing that since MD is right---that ain't in the forum rules. But. Not cool.

So maybe a quick "hey, sorry, didn't know that was off limits, Joe"...and move on.

It's sorta like outing a person's actual identity on the forum. It's REALLY not cool to do that. And I say that as one of the few folks here where most everyone knows who I am in "real life". I know a ton of folks identities in real life that post here....I'd never put that out on the forum. Not ok.
And you don’t drop hints.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 pm

in fairness, joe's not really being clandestine with his identity. tore it up for over a decade in the show.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 pm

in fairness, joe's not really being clandestine with his identity. tore it up for over a decade in the show.
:D
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

In the meantime, while MD figures things out..... Biden’s Administration can’t find 20 millions doses. And has not been posted on any mainstream CNN, MSN,TWP, NYT site. :oops:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:14 pm In the meantime, while MD figures things out..... Biden’s Administration can’t find 20 millions doses. And has not been posted on any mainstream CNN, MSN,TWP, NYT site. :oops:
After a week on the job, Biden’s team is still trying to locate upwards of 20 million vaccine doses that have been sent to states — a mystery that has hampered plans to speed up the national vaccination effort. They’re searching for new ways to boost production of a vaccine stockpile that they’ve discovered is mostly empty. And they’re nervously eyeing a series of new Covid-19 strains that threaten to derail the response.”

I wonder why they can’t find them? You are too old for that....
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sorry guys, but let me say it one last time.
Don't send abusive notes via PM to me. Period.

yeah, it's not "cool" to reveal something shared with an expectation of confidentiality.

Have something constructive to share with me that you want to keep private, all discretion will be observed...but don't think that PM gives you the right to go off abusively, in a rant, sent 3 times in rapid succession. I'll expose it...unless the Admin tells me that it's out of bounds. He's the ref and I'll observe his rules.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:14 pm In the meantime, while MD figures things out..... Biden’s Administration can’t find 20 millions doses. And has not been posted on any mainstream CNN, MSN,TWP, NYT site. :oops:
lol. if we lost 20 million vaccines that's actually great news!!! means we're swimming in vaxx and can make more tomorrow and the next day! i'm guessing they'll be "found". or black market rumblings are coming next.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:21 pm
After a week on the job, Biden’s team is still trying to locate upwards of 20 million vaccine doses that have been sent to states — a mystery that has hampered plans to speed up the national vaccination effort. They’re searching for new ways to boost production of a vaccine stockpile that they’ve discovered is mostly empty. And they’re nervously eyeing a series of new Covid-19 strains that threaten to derail the response.”

Probably because Joe can’t remember who to talk with in each state to solve the mystery. Seems the Feds got them to the states. Cuomo probably has them in a sea container :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Probably because Joe can’t remember who to talk with in each state to solve the mystery. Seems the Feds got them to the states. Cuomo probably has them in a sea container :lol:
Probably
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Check the freezer at Mar-a-Lago.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:47 pm
lol. if we lost 20 million vaccines that's actually great news!!! means we're swimming in vaxx and can make more tomorrow and the next day! i'm guessing they'll be "found". or black market rumblings are coming next.

Old stupid Joe needs one of these. Guy doesn’t know what day it is.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

We need to get one of these for old Joe!

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:04 pm
We need to get one of these for old Joe!

That one is always great for a laugh. And would indeed be a great clip for SNL to do with Biden, with Alexa’s voice being Trump. 😂😂
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”