Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:35 pm Uhhhh, wut?!??? McCarty needs to be the guy who tears the FDA a new one?! Does he control federal agencies or the President?
:lol: Congress can change the laws, Pete. You know: change the laws and regulations at the FDA.

Every day, pretending you're getting dumber and dumber. Pete, who the F do you think funds the FDA? Your momma? Or Congress.

You can tell your mouth breathing toddler friends that a baby food shortage has nothing to do with managerial incompetence at Abbott...but it doesn't work with the adults here.

Every other plant is following the FDA rules just fine, Pete. Gotta toddler-reponse for that, Petey?

Nope.

And Congress controls the purse strings, Pete. AND writes our laws. So if you want deregulation----as you keep claiming----blame Congress.

And why would I vote for your party if their plan for the next 3 years is to do nothing to govern our nation, Pete?

"Oh, that's all Bidens fault, we plan on doing nothing to help Americans until he's out of office" may work for Toddler nation with a flimsy degree from Florida University, Pete. But it doesn't work for the rest of us.

Want our votes? Here's a thought: Tell the Reps you're giving all of your Dad's money to to get off their *ss and show they can actually govern.

"Cause I see bare shelves in Florida, Pete. And your awesome leader isn't lifting a finger to fix the problem.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:50 pm
a fan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:45 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 pm
It was also nice to see hundreds of Republicans vote against emergency funding for additional infant formula while the same day putting on a press conference blaming Biden for the shortage. Very pro-life.
Pete and his fellow toddlers only "care" about baby formula if they think they can hit Biden over it.

Anything to get DeSantis elected. Neat, right?
Have we seen a proposed "plan" from McCarthy or any other Republican for dealing with the formula shortage?

If so, they've done a horrible job of telling us about it.

Uhhhh, wut?!??? McCarty needs to be the guy who tears the FDA a new one?! Does he control federal agencies or the President?

The formula shortage is strictly due to bureaucratic incompetence at the FDA on reopening Abbott’s Sturgis facility, made even worse by protectionist import policies + market inflexibility due to the WIC single-source contracts.

Biden owns this.
idiocy.

Abbott has had many, repeated repeated violations, and management falsified data. During Trump Admin and more recently. Every bit of "import policies" were under the Trump Admin...sheesh "protectionist"??? you do remember who instituted all sorts of tariffs?

when the deaths started happening, any FDA was gonna shut that plant down...problem has been its been the same liars making commitments to the FDA that had misled them before...makes it extremely difficult to trust.

But hey, you must know better...yes, Congress has oversight of the FDA...they also have the power of the purse...apparently there's a tiny # of actual regulators assigned to the baby formula market, way understaffed...Scott Gottleib is quite clear on all this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:11 pm
It was also nice to see hundreds of Republicans vote against emergency funding for additional infant formula while the same day putting on a press conference blaming Biden for the shortage. Very pro-life.
Pete and his fellow toddlers only "care" about baby formula if they think they can hit Biden over it.

Have we seen a proposed "plan" from McCarthy or any other Republican for dealing with the formula shortage?

Uhhhh, wut?!??? McCarty needs to be the guy who tears the FDA a new one?! Does he control federal agencies or the President?

The formula shortage is strictly due to bureaucratic incompetence at the FDA on reopening Abbott’s Sturgis facility, made even worse by protectionist import policies + market inflexibility due to the WIC single-source contracts.

Biden owns this.
idiocy.

Abbott has had many, repeated repeated violations, and management falsified data. During Trump Admin and more recently. Every bit of "import policies" were under the Trump Admin...sheesh "protectionist"??? you do remember who instituted all sorts of tariffs?

when the deaths started happening, any FDA was gonna shut that plant down...problem has been its been the same liars making commitments to the FDA that had misled them before...makes it extremely difficult to trust.

But hey, you must know better...yes, Congress has oversight of the FDA...they also have the power of the purse...apparently there's a tiny # of actual regulators assigned to the baby formula market, way understaffed...Scott Gottleib is quite clear on all this.

Is Trump still President? Who can make changes today?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Biden owns this.
idiocy.

Abbott.

What you're selling is that the next time a person or company breaks regulations or laws......it's the laws fault or the regulators fault.

MDlax and I know that the company you keep is stupid enough to believe this FoxNations sales job......

Abbott repeatedly shows sh*t management and gets shut down = Joe Biden's fault.

You'd blame the D's for the sun coming up tomorrow...and yep, it would work on millions of your fellow toddlers, Pete. Oh, the pride that is yours....
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

baby formula shortage? whatever happened to the good old fashion milk bottle?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71o ... L1500_.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Biden owns this.
idiocy.

Abbott.

What you're selling is that the next time a person or company breaks regulations or laws......it's the laws fault or the regulators fault.

MDlax and I know that the company you keep is stupid enough to believe this FoxNations sales job......

Abbott repeatedly shows sh*t management and gets shut down = Joe Biden's fault.

You'd blame the D's for the sun coming up tomorrow...and yep, it would work on millions of your fellow toddlers, Pete. Oh, the pride that is yours....

To say I trust Abbott over the FDA is perhaps the worlds greatest understatement.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And that's exactly what's wrong with you and your fellow toddlers (I'm adopting a fan's term here).

Remember, Republicans have had lots and lots of opportunity to improve the FDA (if that was needed), heck 4 recent years of opportunity, but failed to make these supposed needed improvements. Whining is all you got....because more than that requires governing.

Here's an article highly critical of the FDA.

https://www.ewg.org/news-insights/news/ ... givers-can

The FDA is badly underfunded.

And Abbott is a serial bad actor...
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

FDA ShmefDA. It's Americans' god-given right to be forced to give birth to flipper babies after they're raped. What has the FDA ever done for us?

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:24 pm And that's exactly what's wrong with you and your fellow toddlers (I'm adopting a fan's term here).

Remember, Republicans have had lots and lots of opportunity to improve the FDA (if that was needed), heck 4 recent years of opportunity, but failed to make these supposed needed improvements. Whining is all you got....because more than that requires governing.

Here's an article highly critical of the FDA.

https://www.ewg.org/news-insights/news/ ... givers-can

The FDA is badly underfunded.

And Abbott is a serial bad actor...

‘badly underfunded’… :lol: :lol:

Every single federal agency is wildly overfunded. The amount of waste and abuse in every agency makes Trump’s gold leaf toilets blush with envy. You haven’t encountered waste until you peruse the invoice of a food vendor for a government sponsored offsite conference.

What you fail to grasp MD is the inherent nature of government. No one owns the outcome. When no one owns the outcome, the natural incentive is simply to avoid responsibility. And when no one is responsible, sclerotic decisions such as the boneheaded decision of the FDA shutting down the Sturgis plant are made because ‘when the book says so, the book says so, it’s not the agency’s responsibility to consider the big picture’. The bacteria wasn’t even traced to the plant. Lol.

I don’t deceive myself thinking you’ll ever understand the inherent nature of a government agency. Your mindset, as evidenced in these boards, is actually more bureaucrat than entrepreneur. Most tech-oriented, self-described entrepreneurs aren’t too familiar with manufacturing or service-oriented industries, so the natural inclination is to think more like and empathize with the bureaucrat, even though everything you use and benefit from is the result of sweat-oriented blue-collar labor, the very targets of most government agencies (example A being the hourly workers at Sturgis, unemployed now for 3.5 months).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last edited by jhu72 on Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

^^^^ More bullsh*t. :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 am ^^^^ More bullsh*t. :roll: :roll:
It's strikingly dumb, but I think it's willful, not actual stupidity and ignorance.
Yes, bulls*t.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:28 am
It's strikingly dumb, but I think it's willful, not actual stupidity and ignorance.
Yes, bulls*t.
If it is strikingly dumb in your opinion ( :roll: ), Then why do you CONTINUE to engage with it? Do you realize that is even MORE DUMB? I'm not back on these threads, but had to post this. You and Jhu72 spent 95% of your time on here thinking you are achieving the greater good by constantly diminishing, trivializing and dismissing a poster that simply wants to engage in a conversation. Since it is not a conversation that either of you are willing to engage in, you dismiss him like a 5th grader does when they feel that one of the group is not "cool". It's truly laughable behavior to observe, and it plays out DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. Sad... :lol: :lol: :lol:

*I know it must be hard to understand, but you CANNOT maintain a level of control over everything that gets said in a PUBLIC forum. How long is it going to take to get that through your head?

Joe
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... so we are starting to get some information about CPAC in Hungary. They are claiming there will be guest American politicians speaking. One from Maryland and one from Florida. Orban's primary US suck up and ass kisser, Congressman Andy Harris from Maryland, undoubtedly. Guess who from Florida. Maybe some forum poster wired into the Florida republiCONs could tell us. :lol: :lol: Can't imagine why the republiCONs and their authoritarian hosts (fellow travelers) are banning US based reporters from the conference.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am ... so we are starting to get some information about CPAC in Hungary. They are claiming there will be guest American politicians speaking. One from Maryland and one from Florida. Orban's primary US suck up and ass kisser, Congressman Andy Harris from Maryland, undoubtedly. Guess who from Florida. Maybe some forum poster wired into the Florida republiCONs could tell us. :lol: :lol: Can't imagine why the republiCONs and their authoritarian hosts (fellow travelers) are banning US based reporters from the conference.

I genuinely don’t care who attends. I would object only on the grounds that I prefer American politicians actually work, which is a fanciful concept for them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 am
Yes, bulls*t.
If it is strikingly dumb in your opinion ( :roll: ), Then why do you CONTINUE to engage with it? Do you realize that is even MORE DUMB? I'm not back on these threads, but had to post this. You and Jhu72 spent 95% of your time on here thinking you are achieving the greater good by constantly diminishing, trivializing and dismissing a poster that simply wants to engage in a conversation. Since it is not a conversation that either of you are willing to engage in, you dismiss him like a 5th grader does when they feel that one of the group is not "cool". It's truly laughable behavior to observe, and it plays out DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. Sad... :lol: :lol: :lol:

*I know it must be hard to understand, but you CANNOT maintain a level of control over everything that gets said in a PUBLIC forum. How long is it going to take to get that through your head?

Joe
Joe,
yes, my "opinion". I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions and judgments about Petey's trolling and expressing them as I see fit.

I don't seek "control" over what someone else writes, but I am equally free to express my own views. Whether in direct response or otherwise.

Where I disagree with you is in my own assessment that Petey is dishonest in his efforts to "engage" others in "conversation". I simply don't believe he is as stupid or ignorant as the great majority of his posts might well indicate. Thus, my belief that he is dishonestly putting forth assertions as if "fact" and opinions as if persuasive, when they are quite the opposite.

Petey has made perfectly clear that he is a hyper-partisan keyboard warrior. He claims as well to be a substantial financial supporter of a great number of GOP candidates around the country, and for this current GOP he is a whirling dervish of propaganda and misinformation.

Yes, IMO.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:44 am
Yes, bulls*t.

Joe
Joe,
yes, my "opinion". I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions and judgments about Petey's trolling and expressing them as I see fit.

I don't seek "control" over what someone else writes, but I am equally free to express my own views. Whether in direct response or otherwise.

Where I disagree with you is in my own assessment that Petey is dishonest in his efforts to "engage" others in "conversation". I simply don't believe he is as stupid or ignorant as the great majority of his posts might well indicate. Thus, my belief that he is dishonestly putting forth assertions as if "fact" and opinions as if persuasive, when they are quite the opposite.

Petey has made perfectly clear that he is a hyper-partisan keyboard warrior. He claims as well to be a substantial financial supporter of a great number of GOP candidates around the country, and for this current GOP he is a whirling dervish of propaganda and misinformation.

Yes, IMO.

Amazing.

As ‘chief arbiter of misinformation’ here, could you quote any posts of mine where ‘he claims as well to be a substantial financial supporter of a great number of GOP candidates around the country’. Could you identify that claim, both your and supposedly mine? I know I’ve said I’m a “meager donor”. I just can’t recall anytime I’ve claimed to be a ‘substantial donor’, which surely you can locate since you just stated it as fact. It just doesn’t seem like something I’d ever say.

I wouldn’t want anyone to accuse you of misinforming the board. Again.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 am I'm not back on these threads, but had to post this.

Joe
SMH. What?! Huh?!

Is this some sort of double talk?

If you're not on the thread who posted it?

ROTFLMAO
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:09 am
Yes, bulls*t.

Joe
Joe,

Yes, IMO.

Amazing.

As ‘chief arbiter of misinformation’ here, could you quote any posts of mine where ‘he claims as well to be a substantial financial supporter of a great number of GOP candidates around the country’. Could you identify that claim, both your and supposedly mine? I know I’ve said I’m a “meager donor”. I just can’t recall anytime I’ve claimed to be a ‘substantial donor’, which surely you can locate since you just stated it as fact. It just doesn’t seem like something I’d ever say.

:lol: :roll:
funny that's your retort, you didn't use the phrase "substantial donor"...that's it...

yes, you a day ago described yourself as "just a meager donor" right before saying you'd sent $2,700 to Jennifer Strahan.

You've bragged many times on being on funding calls for numerous candidates around the country and making such donations.

I wasn't quoting you, but that's my characterization of "substantial donor". I have no idea how much you actually donate, for all I know it's nada or perhaps you work for a PAC or something, but according to your own claims you donate quite a lot to many candidates...and in my parlance, that's "substantial"...maybe in yours it's just "meager", but it feels more like BS to me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:19 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:09 am
Yes, bulls*t.

Joe
Joe,

Yes, IMO.

Amazing.

:lol: :roll:
funny that's your retort, you didn't use the phrase "substantial donor"...that's it...

yes, you a day ago described yourself as "just a meager donor" right before saying you'd sent $2,700 to Jennifer Strahan.

You've bragged many times on being on funding calls for numerous candidates around the country and making such donations.

I wasn't quoting you, but that's my characterization of "substantial donor". I have no idea how much you actually donate, for all I know it's nada or perhaps you work for a PAC or something, but according to your own claims you donate quite a lot to many candidates...and in my parlance, that's "substantial"...maybe in yours it's just "meager", but it feels more like BS to me.

When someone invents words, phrases, and adjectives and tries to pass those words off as someone else’s, it’s really not much different than a Trumpian slight of hand. And frankly, I wouldn’t care if thats how how you chose to operate online (it’s a standard trick of the left, so whatevs), but all I’d really point out to you is, if you’re bold enough to declare yourself ‘Minister of Truth’ here or anywhere, you probably ought to be fairly precise with your wording (not, you know, the Trump of posts).

Return to “POLITICS”