Post by Mr3Putt »

Top 5 team of all time!
Turnandrake

Re: Championship-ND Vs. MD On Monday, 05/27, At 12:00 PM

Post by Turnandrake »

Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:21 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:18 pm
Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:13 pm Amazingly he is up to 40%, played actually well in second half but too late

That’s a deceptive end of game statistic.
Oh, absolutely, just meant that playing another goalie in th second half wouldn’t have matter as Macnaney was actually almost 70% in the second half. Time to make a move was in the first half. Wouldn’t have mattered though, ND a VASTLY better team than Maryland.

I don’t know Maryland that great, but I think Tillman needed to pull McNaney in the first quarter. He was seeing nothing.
Maybe play wes or Ruppel even if redshirting never know if you get back the championship game.
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

If we could somehow have the 22 Terps play the 24 Irish, that we be a great game.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:37 pm Top 5 team of all time!
Probably. Likely one of the best defenses combined with one of the best passing offenses around. The home loss doesn't help the argument though, but I don't know all the other 1 loss champions.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Undefeated champions deserve deference. As you saw with ND, it’s so hard to go undefeated

But I would put ND above other recent #1 seed champions, like 2017 MD, 2014 Duke, 2012 Loyola. Probably on par with back to back Cuse in 08-09, maybe even better
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Laxguy703 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:32 pm Being an X attackman for ND this year had to be the best job ever. So many weapons to throw to and the offensive scheme made it so easy for guys to get open looks.

Pat Kav didn’t beat Ajax once but still had 6 assists off of feeding wide open guys for easy looks.

Side note… If Pat is a 1st team AA and a tewaarton front runner, what does that make Chris…? He looked like the best offensive player out there today. Can’t believe he was only listed as a HM.
Correct. Who the hell would actually take spallina over Chris kav. HM for him is a joke.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Laxguy703 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:32 pm Being an X attackman for ND this year had to be the best job ever. So many weapons to throw to and the offensive scheme made it so easy for guys to get open looks.

Pat Kav didn’t beat Ajax once but still had 6 assists off of feeding wide open guys for easy looks.

Side note… If Pat is a 1st team AA and a tewaarton front runner, what does that make Chris…? He looked like the best offensive player out there today. Can’t believe he was only listed as a HM.
Yeah … CK as just an HM AA is ridiculous. One of the best players in college lacrosse this season. I would take either PK or CK over O’Neill

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:14 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:06 pm
Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:45 pm Wouldn’t you have pulled McNaney? He might have one save today.
Pulling the starter worked so well for Virginia ...
In the game Lars pulled his starter, the backup basically won the game for the Hoos. It’s the second game you’re thinking about.
I'm not convinced that Nunes would not have recovered after a cold start in the Hop game.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

BigTurn wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Correct. Who the hell would actually take spallina over Chris kav. HM for him is a joke.
Bingo. One thing is for sure: CK doesn’t wilt and disappear in big moments (like Spallina has for two years). Look at his performances this MDW and last MDW.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Agree that P Kav is actually underrated ,should win Tewaarton.
molo

Post by molo »

Both brothers are underrated in that the hype makes them out to be characters: born in Queens, hockey, big family, aggressive and borderline dirty, etc. In fact, they are highly skilled attackmen who also happen to be the scrappy competitors that the announcers so love to dwell on. Congratulations to a great team that was never really challenged after February.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Does that make Georgetown the best 6-ranked team ever?

Any team that loses a game goes to the back of the bus. The list starts and ends with undefeated teams.

ND is a great team but not in the conversation.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:37 pm

Any team that loses a game goes to the back of the bus. The list starts and ends with undefeated teams.

Watching you pick against the Irish all year has been glorious. I know this one chaps your ass 😂

This team would go neck and neck with ‘22 Maryland any day of the week and my money would be on the Irish. Show me any other team in history that got consistent midfield production from their 3rd line. Most don’t even get it from their 2’s.
molo

Post by molo »

A joke but I get your point. Going undefeated, especially now, is extremely difficult. That a fairly good team could take down a juggernaut like this year’s ND demonstrates how many quality teams are out there.
I also like to see an NC that is clearly the best team, not just a good team that gets hot in May. In college football, a loss can maybe hurt too much. In the NFL, a loss doesn’t hurt as much as maybe it should. I like a happy medium. He’ll, I wanted UVA to win the NC this year, but does a team with five losses deserve the crown? ND was unquestionably the best team thus year and simply used the tournament to put an exclamation point on their obvious superiority.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

BigTurn wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:44 pm

Watching you pick against the Irish all year has been glorious. I know this one chaps your ass 😂

This team would go neck and neck with ‘22 Maryland any day of the week and my money would be on the Irish. Show me any other team in history that got consistent midfield production from their 3rd line. Most don’t even get it from their 2’s.
This Notre Dame team was great and one of the best champions in recent memory for sure

Here was their production from non-starting midfielders: 51 goals, 24 assists

Here was Maryland’s production from non starting-midfielders in 2022: 77 goals, 22 assists

Maryland had more goals from their 2nd midfield onwards in 2022 than Notre Dame had points total

Maryland also had 32 goals from short sticks, faceoff, and long poles. Notre Dame had 9 such goals

Again, amazing team. Their depth was very strong throughout the tournament and a key piece of their run. It also got a little more play than probably necessary because there simply ran out of things to talk about with this ND team.

The 22 Terps were even deeper.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:55 pm

This Notre Dame team was great and one of the best champions in recent memory for sure

Here was Maryland’s production from non starting-midfielders in 2022: 77 goals, 22 assists

Maryland had more goals from their 2nd midfield onwards in 2022 than Notre Dame had points total

Maryland also had 32 goals from short sticks, faceoff, and long poles. Notre Dame had 9 such goals

Again, amazing team. Their depth was very strong throughout the tournament and a key piece of their run. It also got a little more play than probably necessary because there simply ran out of things to talk about with this ND team.

Terps also played 2 more games and had I believe a lesser strength of schedule than ND this year, who had the best tournament resume ever. Not taking anything away from a phenomenal ‘22 maryland team, I just don’t think this ND team is far from that at all. To say they’re not even in the conversation is a joke.
blx9

Post by blx9 »

Attack line of Matt K, Chris K, Pat K
vs.
Steele S, Wells S, Shack S

Who do you pick if you’re a HC/OC ?

LI vs. Baltimore. 2 completely different styles, authentic to their roots. Both amazing.

The kavs are UNREAL! But recency bias is a real thing. Not sure who I’d go with, it’s close
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

BigTurn wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:00 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:55 pm

Terps also played 2 more games and had I believe a lesser strength of schedule than ND this year, who had the best tournament resume ever. Not taking anything away from a phenomenal ‘22 maryland team, I just don’t think this ND team is far from that at all.
2 more games doesn't make up for 26 more goals and 24 more points. The two teams also played virtually identical tournament paths; play-in game in R1, ND played 8 seed this year but UVA for MD in 22 was really the 8th seed (if not better), 5 seed in the Quarterfinals, 7 seed in the Final Four. Notre Dame was more dominant on championship weekend; Maryland more dominant prior.

You're claim at first wasn't that ND isn't far at all, but that you'd take them to win, citing how no one has the depth this team did. Maryland did have more depth, substantially so.

This ND team again, is amazing. Out of 10 games, they'd absolutely take a couple from Maryland. But as dominant as they were, Maryland was, in fact, more dominant
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The question,

who beats ND next year,
I don’t see anyone.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

All the usual suspects lose a lot.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”