Roster cap and scholarship limits

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Re: Roster cap and scholarship limits

Post by LaxDadMax »

NutmegCrunch wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:49 am Will Army and Navy be subject to the roster limits? Every cadet or midshipman is already on a full ride, so scholarships aren't a factor in the same way as at a typical school. At the same time, NOT applying the limits to the service academies would give them a significant advantage in terms of depth (Navy has had particularly large rosters in recent years).
No. They are the only 3 schools who have already announced they are not opting in to revenue sharing.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:33 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:22 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:46 pm
spidey44 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:27 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:01 pm
It’s kinda what everyone here speculated. Probably only going to be a net positive for a handful of schools. What I never thought about is the schools that are barely getting funded for lax. How it affects them if they give 20 more scholarships to football
How many big football schools that have wlax, don't fully fund wlax? I have no clue to the answer to this. BUT from what it sounds like, it will either benefit a sport like wlax OR hurt another mens sport (or two or three...).
I worded it wrong. Not fully funded. But a school like Penn State doesn’t have the money to add 26 wlax scholarships. They’ll add their 20 football ones for sure though.
I was really thinking about when this trickles down to the outside power 4 conferences. I still think this only helps a few schools. Ie. Clemson.
i'm curious, don't know much about penn state wlax and how much they're funded specifically to date. why do you say penn state doesn't have the money for it?
They are fully funded. Word on the street is they are having money problems and may be closing one of the satellite campuses. I just used that as an example. I don’t believe all Power 4 conferences will be ponying up 38 scholarships for non revenue sports.
ok, thanks. my impression is athletic departments are pretty well siloed from the rest of universities at power schools, save those that rake student fees. not to mention satellite campuses.

psu is about to rake again themselves another $30-40 million without doing anything different as new media contracts kick in shortly. the psu ad:
https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/fo ... j3te441vfe
certainly doesn't sound like he'll be against the settlement. he looks like a bit of a cheerleader and yes is saying expansion will happen with a caveat of giving, but penn state has been pretty good at filling coffers for their sports department, generally.

only asked because of the notion that penn state doesn't have the money. they absolutely have the money. i, too, highly doubt they're pushing all in.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:29 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:33 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:22 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:46 pm
spidey44 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:27 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:01 pm
It’s kinda what everyone here speculated. Probably only going to be a net positive for a handful of schools. What I never thought about is the schools that are barely getting funded for lax. How it affects them if they give 20 more scholarships to football
How many big football schools that have wlax, don't fully fund wlax? I have no clue to the answer to this. BUT from what it sounds like, it will either benefit a sport like wlax OR hurt another mens sport (or two or three...).
I worded it wrong. Not fully funded. But a school like Penn State doesn’t have the money to add 26 wlax scholarships. They’ll add their 20 football ones for sure though.
I was really thinking about when this trickles down to the outside power 4 conferences. I still think this only helps a few schools. Ie. Clemson.
i'm curious, don't know much about penn state wlax and how much they're funded specifically to date. why do you say penn state doesn't have the money for it?
They are fully funded. Word on the street is they are having money problems and may be closing one of the satellite campuses. I just used that as an example. I don’t believe all Power 4 conferences will be ponying up 38 scholarships for non revenue sports.
ok, thanks. my impression is athletic departments are pretty well siloed from the rest of universities at power schools, save those that rake student fees. not to mention satellite campuses.

psu is about to rake again themselves another $30-40 million without doing anything different as new media contracts kick in shortly. the psu ad:
https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/fo ... j3te441vfe
certainly doesn't sound like he'll be against the settlement. he looks like a bit of a cheerleader and yes is saying expansion will happen with a caveat of giving, but penn state has been pretty good at filling coffers for their sports department, generally.

only asked because of the notion that penn state doesn't have the money. they absolutely have the money. i, too, highly doubt they're pushing all in.
Football definitely. Wrestling , they’ve already been giving tons of NIL so yes to the #1 program on the country. . Just signed the #1 wrestler in the country $$$$. Baseball and hockey, maybe. Basketball didn’t really change. Can’t see wlax

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”