D1 Mens Lacrosse
rcolter

Re: UVA at UNC

Post by rcolter »

Conner playing really well today
molo

Post by molo »

He did have a nice game, starting on o, taking a few shifts at dm, and manning the wing as an old style middie. Speaking of old, the guys on the 72 team didn't look like spring chickens, and I'm at least a year older than all of them. Nunes bounced back after a couple of tough games. The move to attack for 26 didn't last too long. Dickson replaced him at attack for the entire second half until he moved back to attack when Shellenberger came out for a minute or so. I don't think he played attack at all in the second quarter, either.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Better for Schutz to be at MF IMO. They need to generate some midfield production and dodging when Moore out cause he really is their midfield production when he’s healthy. Better to get him and Conner going now if/when Moore comes back.

Offense still wasn’t great though; probably the quietest Shellenberger game…in his career? At least in the top 3
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Agree with keeping Schutz up top. Him and Conner are likely the ones to be initiating at M with Dickson finishing and he's played well there this year so see no reason to change it. And I'd agree a fairly quiet game from Shellenberger - albeit there was probably a couple of assists he could have added if we converted/didn't hit the pipe etc. With that being said I thought he did fine given how much attention he pulls away from others due to his dodging presence. Probably a B- overall on the offensive side, some flashes but didn't seem to fully click like they could with the talent on this team.

On the other side of the field I think really the sky is the limit for Nunes. He's had a couple shaky games (MD/Richmond) but when he's on even as a freshman I believe he's one of the best keepers in the country. Multiple times both this game and the ND game I had audible reactions to some of the saves he was making :shock:
bananas

Post by bananas »

Last two goalies that Carolina has faced, Adler (19) Nunes (14 ) combined for 33 saves agaisnt them compared to ten goals allowed which is 77% save percentage. They miss the graduated mids

Gray besides scoring three of their four goals today put the ball on several sticks near crease and no one finished. They either dropped passes or shot right into Nunes stick. Be a shame if that great misses playoffs .

Shellenberger could have had several assists. Dickson usually converts what he missed today . That great decided not to press for stats and let others such as Cormier Conner and Schultz do their thing . Latter is a beast

Win or lose , tomorrow's game will be more enjoyable lacrosse to watch .
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

10 10 2 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:21 pm
Maverick wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:37 pm I'll be surprised if anyone not named Maryland beats UVA
You can keep the wine.
Did you pick Richmond? Last time we spoke you were still struggling to understand how gambling works
molo

Post by molo »

I’m not much of a fan of losing, but UVA’s two losses may have taught them a valuable lesson or two. First, Maryland showed them how far they are from the elite level. Second, Richmond showed them that there is enough talent in DI that on a given day if you don’t play well, even a team that is unlikely to make the NCAAT barring an upset conference championship can take you down. After an inauspicious start, they took care of UNC. Duke on Thursday presents a different obstacle. Unlike UNC, a team with talent that seems to have plateaued, Duke is a loaded team that underperformed early but seems to be pulling things together as the season progresses.
LaSalla played well coming off the injury, but
I’m concerned about running him into the ground. Also, when Shellenberger got hurt near the end of the game, I would have kept him out. Remember Malloy versus Hopkins?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”