All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am Come on down Kayleigh McGaslight!

C+ for you.

PS - looking increasingly like Trump himself was the source for many of these infections.
Just announced two of her deputies also now positive. Likely more positives to come
Looking like the herd mentality in the West Wing ("we don't need no stinking masks") could soon lead to herd immunity.

Nice science experiment they are running there.

:roll:
Herd Resistance/Tolerance...not Immunity. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 pm Orange Duce is leaving the hospital at 6:30 this afternoon. It's over, he survived Rona! He beat it into submission! :lol: :lol:

What a man, a real man, a man's man. :lol: :lol:
More evidence that this is all fake. Where is update on FLOTUS?

1. Takes attention away from his poor debate performance
2. Stops the negative stories that broke about his taxes, proud boys, Melanias tape etc
3. Bidens attack ads get pulled
4. Has an excuse not to debate Biden again.

I knew the whining would accelerate.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 pm Orange Duce is leaving the hospital at 6:30 this afternoon. It's over, he survived Rona! He beat it into submission! :lol: :lol:

You can not keep a good man down.

Time to save the Republic from the commies.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

New Trump Slogan. :lol:

I'd rather have Covid-19, then Biden-20.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:32 pm New Trump Slogan. :lol:

True!

Also, DON'T BE AFRAID OF COVID!!!!

(owning libs is more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!!! :lol: )
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:26 pm

You can not keep a good man down.

Time to save the Republic from the commies.
When is he scheduled for the push ups? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

JHU72,

Give up your crusade man, its very very sad. There's a whole lot more to life than Politics. Try enjoying it rather than spending all day long worry about what Trump is doing.

JoeMauer89!
cradleandshoot

Re: All things Trump CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 am Yea, they used that magic word again..."unnamed" agents, just like unnamed sources, and unnamed whistleblowers.

Here's a rule of thumb. If the mythical person doesn't have the lacrosseballs to come out of the shadows, you can assume it's BS and made up.
So if they provide their names, like the 25+ women who say Trump has sexually assaulted or harassed them, including Ivana Sr., then they are to be believed?

Right, Pete?
Nobody believed the allegations against Bill Clinton either. Yes I do know bill is not the president anymore. He is still a hero in the eyes of most Democrats.
Everybody believes the allegations against Trump.
All things being equal, how come Bill Clinton is still a hero in the eyes of most democrats? Was he some sort of kinder and gentler serial rapist and abuser of women? I know trump will never be a hero to anyone. The same standards are not applying to Bill on this subject. He should be persona non grata in the Democrat party. He is still a beloved icon of it, in the eyes of many democrats at least.
The Clintons were/are moderate Republicans.

Bill is a POS. God only knows what he did with Epstein

However, that has nothing to do with tRump and his crimes. Try and concentrate so you can stay on topic.
Very sad attempt at spin. The topic is why at least two of our last 4 presidents have allegedly raped or sexually abused women. Inform me how the allegations of rape against Bill C only classify him as a POS? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't both trump and wild bill allegedly both enjoy time on Epsteins little version of fantasy island? I suggest you take your own advice and concentrate so YOU can try and stay on topic. :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

JHU72,

Give up your crusade man, its very very sad. There's a whole lot more to life than Politics. Try enjoying it rather than spending all day long worry about what Trump is doing.

JoeMauer89!
... I am enjoying this immensely. Got my popcorn out.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:01 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

JHU72,

JoeMauer89!
... I am enjoying this immensely. Got my popcorn out.
Anyone wanna bet this release is AMA?
ggait

Post by ggait »

I had not dug into the Abbott test much before the WH outbreak.

Seems like the test is good, fast and cheap. But the WH fundamentally biffed in how they used it.

The Abbott test is FDA approved and 98.5% accurate in detecting cases for people within 7 days of symptom onset.

It is not yet FDA approved for testing asymptomatic people. Trials for that are currently underway and very much TBD. Since NYU and other researchers found that the Abbott test missed from 15-50% of positive cases in asymptomatic people.

So as a tool to confirm if symptomatic people are infected, it works really well and is quite useful. A great way to keep small outbreaks from becoming big outbreaks.

But as an all-clear/no mask required/all-good/party-on screening device (which is how the WH has been using it), it sucks.

Maybe the WH should have put some Deep State types on this job. You know, the kind of people who know things and read things...

MAGA -- Party of Stupid!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:26 pm I had not dug into the Abbott test much before the WH outbreak.

Seems like the test is good, fast and cheap. But the WH fundamentally biffed in how they used it.

The Abbott test is FDA approved and 98.5% accurate in detecting cases for people within 7 days of symptom onset.

It is not yet FDA approved for testing asymptomatic people. Trials for that are currently underway and very much TBD. Since NYU and other researchers found that the Abbott test missed from 15-50% of positive cases in asymptomatic people.

So as a tool to confirm if symptomatic people are infected, it works really well and is quite useful. A great way to keep small outbreaks from becoming big outbreaks.

But as an all-clear/no mask required/all-good/party-on screening device (which is how the WH has been using it), it sucks.

Maybe the WH should have put some Deep State types on this job. You know, the kind of people who know things and read things...

The false negative problem. This is a common problem in this type of diagnostic. Flu diagnostic has the same problem, 50% false negative. Difference is the clinical impact of the disease. The Abbott test is great if you follow the directions - YOU HAVE TO KEEP TESTING AND RELY ON STATISTICS to address the false negative problem. But these Trump bozos are incapable of understanding this, they do not understand or have any interest in following a process!

They have had people who understood this - they have all been booted or left. Olivia Troye (Pence's COVID expert) who left a few weeks ago is a perfect example. They are hopeless. Some things cannot be fixed, because the guy at the top doesn't want it fixed!
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:26 pm I had not dug into the Abbott test much before the WH outbreak.

Wishful thinking is better than science.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 pm

True!

You two don't get it. Trump's CDC is making the call here, not the libs.

Tell the CDC to direct America to fully open because they think Covid is not an unreasonable threat to public health. Stadiums, schools, restaurants, all of it. Open every last one of them.

Do that? And the country will slowly follow....some States faster than others, as it should be.

Your complaints about not being fully open-------THAT is all on the Trump Administration.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 pm

True!

You two don't get it. Trump's CDC is making the call here, not the libs.

Tell the CDC to direct America to fully open because they think Covid is not an unreasonable threat to public health. Stadiums, schools, restaurants, all of it. Open every last one of them.

Do that? And the country will slowly follow....some States faster than others, as it should be.

Your complaints about not being fully open-------THAT is all on the Trump Administration.
a bit of strange take you've had here, a fan. unless... your suggestion is if cdc doesn't do what trump and co. want, they should fire as many people as they need to and install people who will?

and their failure to do that means they own cdc guidelines?
ggait

Post by ggait »

The Abbott test is great if you follow the directions - YOU HAVE TO KEEP TESTING
Exactly. Look at Kayleigh McGaslight:

After testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms,” McEnany posted to Twitter.

A one time negative Abbott test can't logically be used as an asymptomatic screen and an authorization to party on.

It is only useful (if you keep testing and testing) to catch positives early so you can isolate them early.

Who knew?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:54 pm a bit of strange take you've had here, a fan. unless... your suggestion is if cdc doesn't do what trump and co. want, they should fire as many people as they need to and install people who will?
No. Pete-----and FoxNation, frankly----are blaming "the libs" for shutdowns.

Nope. Governors are simply following CDC guidelines set out months ago when this mess got really rolling. And who runs the CDC?

Trump. So my point is simple: blame the actual people making the call on shutdowns.

Pete---and others----are saying the virus is no big deal. Great. Then tell Trump and his CDC to communicate that idea to America, and America's governors.

That's how it works.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm So yup. My nieces had it coming. And it WAS all Trump's fault. Gotcha.
Go right ahead and double down. What you're telling me is that how the President of the United States public behavior----which is obviously just garbage----is going to have zero effect on the culture of our nation.

And you're instead, going to play the "Orange Man Bad" card.

Okay. Knock yourself out.

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 pm Undoubtedly Trump shutting the Eff up or a louder condemnation of Trump would have soothed the minds/mouths of the 2 peaceful protestors at Towsontown, and the other assaults on civility we have seen over the past decade plus wouldn't have happened.
Don't play dumb. You know precisely what my point is: increasing partisanship has led to a dehumanization of "the other side". It's the oldest trick in politics, and partisans---that are as dumb as a box of rocks------fall for it every time.

This is the first time, however, that our President has played this game. And you want to tell me that this isn't a major shift in American culture? Why do you think the free world is asking "what the F has happened to Americans?"

So those kids that yelled at your nieces? They think that your nieces are the inhuman "other side". So their behavior toward them is "justified".

Look at Pete. How does he perceive "the other side". Oh, well their just the essence of evil, and inhuman. He goes so far as to call his team "the normals", not understanding how dangerous the game he's playing is.

And, of course, he clutches at pearls when "the other side" follows his lead, and treats Pete like he's the enemy of America, and inhuman. And when "the other side" does something horrible, now Pete feels empowered to be even more horrible..."because" the other side does it, too. And we spiral downwards.....

We're doing this to ourselves. And yep, Trump is playing a massive part the sinking ship we're on. What's more: you know it.
You think "massive" blame goes to Trump? Really? It has nothing to do with the divisiveness and in your face attitude of the left's politics in the past 9 years? Which conveserly also coincided with the rise in social media the past 9 years?

You are blaming just Trump for something that has happened to the culture 10 years ago, propagated, encouraged and routinely deployed by the left and continued by Trump.

Still all you see is Orange Man Bad. That isnt the root of this problem. Try shining your "flashlight of truth" at the left for a change...

And these assholes who decided to intimidate and yell my elderly parents and nieces in closed quarters weren't kids. They were 30 and 50 years old women. Very noble for "the cause."

Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am Come on down Kayleigh McGaslight!

C+ for you.

PS - looking increasingly like Trump himself was the source for many of these infections.
Just announced two of her deputies also now positive. Likely more positives to come
Looking like the herd mentality in the West Wing ("we don't need no stinking masks") could soon lead to herd immunity.

Nice science experiment they are running there.

Herd Resistance/Tolerance...not Immunity. ;)
I don’t quite get your take on this. Read the review. You think the way out is tolerance? Basically a lower viral effect with a higher load. We “tolerate” the pathogen better? I don’t see how that will happen without significant genetic shift. Any insight into that?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:02 pm
The Abbott test is great if you follow the directions - YOU HAVE TO KEEP TESTING
Exactly. Look at Kayleigh McGaslight:

After testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms,” McEnany posted to Twitter.

A one time negative Abbott test can't logically be used as an asymptomatic screen and an authorization to party on.

It is only useful (if you keep testing and testing) to catch positives early so you can isolate them early.

Who knew?
... pretty much anyone interested in how medical diagnostics work -- ie., those damnable EXPERTS. No reason to expect a guy who slept in a Holiday Inn Express who thinks he knows everything to get it right.

Return to “POLITICS”