2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:41 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:10 pm Another Hawley story.
Wow. This guy just can't stop digging his hole deeper.

Calls his former publisher a "mob" the day after the actual mob he helped incite over-runs the Capital and kills people.

Says his privately owned publisher is assaulting the First Amendment. You'd think that Mr. Yale Law, Roberts clerk, con law prof and textualist/originalist would know that it reads: "Congress shall make no law..." First Amendment is a check on government suppressing speech.

SMH.
Yeah, it’s a contract issue. What does the contract say about the publisher’s right to terminate it? Pretty simple probably.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:12 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:09 pm Apparently the republicans are (McCarthy) pressing dems hard not to impeach. Claim there are not the votes to convict, and all it will do is incite Trump's supporters :lol: I doubt anyone has the ability now to stop it, with the exception of Biden himself. This is really all about the republicans not wanting to have to vote on this, further dividing the party. Nancy gave them fair warning and a way out.
Ironically, more than a few of those Republicans might like the idea that if they impeach and convict him that DOPUS cannot run for office ever again.
That would include a separate "sentencing" vote after finding him guilty. Suspect that is an easy vote if they find him guilty.

I think most of the republicans really do want him gone for good, but they still have jelly for backbones. The dems if they move forward, if Biden blesses it, will be doing the real republicans a real favor.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:30 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:40 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:55 am hawley fist.jpg
Show me the words of Hawley, Langford, even Cruz, or any of the other Senators who said the election was "fradulent, stolen, or won in a landslide."
Salty -- Here's a thousand words on that from Hawley. He puts the F in Antifa!
OS will claim that his actions dont matter, it's his words...which of course is his alt_facts mirror opposite of how he defend Trump.

Hey, he agrees with Trumpism and the rest of Trump's ilk.
What were his actions ? His words matter. Of course the jackals won't acknowledge what he actually said.
Hey, if he's your kind of guy, enjoy.
I'm not that hot for him. I'n trying to be fair, based on what he actually said.
Same with Langford, who backed off after the riot.
Hawley does accurately represent the views of his voters.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm
Show me the words of Hawley, Langford, even Cruz, or any of the other Senators who said the election was "fradulent, stolen, or won in a landslide."
OS will claim that his actions dont matter, it's his words...which of course is his alt_facts mirror opposite of how he defend Trump.

What were his actions ? His words matter. Of course the jackals won't acknowledge what he actually said.
I'm not that hot for him. I'n trying to be fair, based on what he actually said. What he said and when he said, will result in zero changes.
Same with Langford, who backed off after the riot. He was able to save some face....
Hawley does accurately represent the views of his voters. And what views are those?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pm You have to think that there are security cameras all over the Capitol building so that the events of Wednesday will have been captured on video from numerous vantage points. To my knowledge, none of that video has been publicly released. The only thing we have seen is video shot by the media and private cell phones. Obviously, that’s bad enough, but I suspect that once all of the video is analyzed and released, it’s going to be much, much worse.
The most valuable cameras are social media cameras, they quickly allow for lead generation in terms of names and address from people who recognize the individuals. The security cameras could then supply detail if placement is good. The morons that did this are their own worst enemy's. Amateurs. Mindless, poorly planned violence. Thankfully.

Good example was a young man who appeared in multiple video clips. If there was a camera, he was there. His employer saw the video on social media. The guy was still wearing his company name badge. His employer turned him in, and fired him. Within 24 hours! The bulk of the leads, names will come from social media, at least the early ones.

I agree once all the video is analyzed very few of these clowns will escape prosecution. Could take a year to close out the investigation though.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Russell Moore, the influential evangelical Christian who currently serves as the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, has called on President Donald Trump to resign before the end of his term.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:06 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pm You have to think that there are security cameras all over the Capitol building so that the events of Wednesday will have been captured on video from numerous vantage points. To my knowledge, none of that video has been publicly released. The only thing we have seen is video shot by the media and private cell phones. Obviously, that’s bad enough, but I suspect that once all of the video is analyzed and released, it’s going to be much, much worse.
The most valuable cameras are social media cameras, they quickly allow for lead generation in terms of names and address from people who recognize the individuals. The security cameras could then supply detail if placement is good. The morons that did this are their own worst enemy's. Amateurs. Mindless, poorly planned violence. Thankfully.

Good example was a young man who appeared in multiple video clips. If there was a camera, he was there. His employer saw the video on social media. The guy was still wearing his company name badge. His employer turned him in, and fired him. Within 24 hours! The bulk of the leads, names will come from social media, at least the early ones.

I agree once all the video is analyzed very few of these clowns will escape prosecution. Could take a year to close out the investigation though.
Dude probably called in sick on top of it. He looked stupid.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This should not be necessary, but here you go.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:53 pm

He works in Maryland, or used to. To be fair, in the videos I have seen, he did not appear violent, just a lookie-loo. Your thought also occurred to me.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:53 pm

He works in Maryland, or used to. To be fair, in the videos I have seen, he did not appear violent, just a lookie-loo. Your thought also occurred to me.
Yes. He didn’t look threatening at all. Just a tag-a-longer.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - 25th Amendment Time

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:23 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:06 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am Apparently a policeman did die. Last night. From injuries from the rally.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/p ... mpage.html
Yup. He was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher.
Holy crow...
If so, murder not manslaughter, right?
I would think so. I have looked (not hard) but have seen nothing in print about this story (cause of death). CNN reported the fire extinguisher this AM on air.

------
PS: This just reported by ABC- https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fe ... entnewsntp
Yes, I wasn't asking about a conclusion about the evidence, just what the appropriate charge would be if a protestor was using a fire extinguisher as a weapon and hit a cop on the head with it...who died. Murder.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:39 pm

I'm not that hot for him. I'n trying to be fair, based on what he actually said. What he said and when he said, will result in zero changes.
Same with Langford, who backed off after the riot. He was able to save some face....
Hawley does accurately represent the views of his voters. And what views are those?
Salty's not trying to be 'fair', he's flying air cover again for Trumpists.

I do agree that Lankford appeared quite chastened and began to backpedal. But only after the attack. Cruz and Hawley did not at all.

Listen, there's absolutely no excuse in expecting that a 10 day delay, ANY delay, was appropriate in this circumstance. IF they had even the tiniest desire to actually have a Congressional investigation or set of hearings of this past election's security, the time to do so was the past 45 days (they had the power to do so in the Senate)..or to do so anytime going forward unrelated to the process of installing the new POTUS and VP. Investigate away guys...but this was ALL in bad faith.

Continuing to give even the slightest oxygen to the notion that there's actually been a serious problem, other than as caused by the misinformation campaign of Trumpworld, AFTER the attack is completely INEXCUSABLE.

You're DONE, forever.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I'm not that hot for him. I'n trying to be fair, based on what he actually said.
Stop with the gaslighting for just once Salty.

Trump massively and outrageously lied every single forking day for two months that he won in a landslide and the election was stolen. What part of "Stop the Steal" was ambiguous?

So you have to judge all these losers by what they said (in context). And more importantly, what they didn't say. And when they did/did not say it.

Let's take Pence, for example.

On 12/17/20 he said this while campaigning in Georgia:

I WANT YOU TO BE CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR VOTE. WE'RE ON THEM THIS TIME. WE'RE WATCHING. WE'RE GOING TO SECURE OUR POLLS, SECURE OUR DROP BOXES, AND YOU CAN BE CONFIDENT, YOU MAIL IN THAT ABSENTEE BALLOT, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL BE COUNTED. NOW I KNOW WE'VE ALL GOT DOUBTS ABOUT THE LAST ELECTION. THAT'S WHY WE'RE GOING TO KEEP RIGHT ON FIGHTING.

FYI, 12/17 is AFTER the Electoral College had voted in all the states and certified electors by the safe harbor date.

And Pence said this 1/2/21:

Pence's chief of staff, Marc Short, said in a statement that Pence "shares the concerns of millions of Americans about voter fraud and irregularities in the last election. "The Vice President welcomes the efforts of members of the House and Senate to use the authority they have under the law to raise objections and bring forward evidence before the Congress and the American people on January 6th," the statement reads.

So if Pence wasn't saying the election was a fraud, then you tell me what the heck he was trying to say?

So Pence gets no credit from me for saying/doing the right thing on 1/6. Especially since he had no authority or choice to do otherwise.

Pence, Hawley, Cruz and many others have blood on their hands for (at best) doing nothing in the face of Trump's illegal behavior. They are all American Nazis in my book and can go to hell. You can too.
Last edited by ggait on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:27 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Salty's not trying to be 'fair', he's flying air cover again for Trumpists.

I do agree that Lankford appeared quite chastened and began to backpedal. But only after the attack. Cruz and Hawley did not at all.

Listen, there's absolutely no excuse in expecting that a 10 day delay, ANY delay, was appropriate in this circumstance. IF they had even the tiniest desire to actually have a Congressional investigation or set of hearings of this past election's security, the time to do so was the past 45 days (they had the power to do so in the Senate)..or to do so anytime going forward unrelated to the process of installing the new POTUS and VP. Investigate away guys...but this was ALL in bad faith.

Continuing to give even the slightest oxygen to the notion that there's actually been a serious problem, other than as caused by the misinformation campaign of Trumpworld, AFTER the attack is completely INEXCUSABLE.

You're DONE, forever.
No credibility...... I said it years ago.....
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:30 pm What were his [Hawley's] actions ? His words matter.
Yes they do.

His words/actions were seditious attempts to disenfranchise the voters of Arizona and Pennsylvania, in alliance with the attempted coup by the losing POTUS candidate and his terrorist mob.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:55 pm Lehigh pulled Orange Duce's honorary degree.
Cancel culture!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”