W&L 2023 Recruits

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LaxManiac12345

Re: W&L 2023 Recruits

Post by LaxManiac12345 »

I know scrimmages were today, anyone got some feedback. How they went, or who stood out?
slightlyanonymous

Post by slightlyanonymous »

The game against Hood was a blowout (in Gennies favor) from the start so tough to measure anything there. Against VMI, seemed like the faceoff and goalkeeping were strong, settled defense was also very good. Offense and clearing game struggled, as well as unsettled defense but that may have been because it was game two on the day and heat/fatigue was setting in. I think the final was 11-6 VMI.

Seemed like a fair amount of young players being effective (faceoff, D, LSM). Really like what I saw from Spano at faceoff. Again, it's fall and no juniors, so overall it was a positive. Just a few things to clean up by spring.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Even with Juniors abroad coming up short w VMI is never encouraging. Hoping Spano had a good day and would like to learn more about goal play. Did De Cain see time
LetTheBoyWatch

Post by LetTheBoyWatch »

All goalies looked solid and de cain got some time. Looked solid but may be lower on the depth chart as of now.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm Even with Juniors abroad coming up short w VMI is never encouraging. Hoping Spano had a good day and would like to learn more about goal play. Did De Cain see time
I'm sure this has been covered and worth my time to Google/GenAI search, but, does the entire Junior class travel abroad? Is that a traditional part of the curriculum? Just curious.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Approximately 70% of W&L students study abroad at some point in their years at the school. Traditionally, lacrosse players and other Spring sport athletes travel abroad in the Fall of their Junior year. Not all Juniors travel abroad, however.
LaxManiac12345

Post by LaxManiac12345 »

How did the defense and goalie play look after losing 2 starting close guys, a goalie, and an lsm?
LetTheBoyWatch

Post by LetTheBoyWatch »

IMO… Close D, goalies, and LSM are loaded back up. SSDMs weere ok but timing of slides needs to improve when dodging short sticks.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”