The Biden Department of Justice

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: The Biden Department of Justice

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:29 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:20 pm Neither party will admit they condone corruption, but the Rs these days seem to be quite willing to overlook it (Ken Paxton, George Santos, and the Orange Duce good examples of that).

The Ds pushed Al Franken out and should be pushing Menendez out to set a better example. But so far Shumer is not leading any push, nor is Cory Booker as far as I can tell...
Likely waiting to test the barometer.....ito determine f it messes with cashflow or losing a seat of two. Cash and control, are the explanations for many of the unanswered question. It's why a pre-requisite to multi-term pols is 'cognitive dissonance' with added sociopath and narcissistic leaning.
Although there has not been a GOP Senator from NJ since the 1970s, they still would prefer to avoid a messy primary and Menendez sticking around through that which could be problematic in 2024. If he resigns (which I think is a long shot), they could opt for Sherrill, Gottheimer or Pallone from the House side who are known fund raisers if they can convince Menendez to step aside and not run in 24. Murphy could appoint one of them or another caretaker. If he appoints one of them then a special election to fill their seat would be held quickly.

NJ voters can dump him in a primary in June so it isn't the end of the world if he sticks around right now which is what is most likely to happen at this point. The Dems can bounce him in a June primary.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:37 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:20 pm Neither party will admit they condone corruption, but the Rs these days seem to be quite willing to overlook it (Ken Paxton, George Santos, and the Orange Duce good examples of that).

The Ds pushed Al Franken out and should be pushing Menendez out to set a better example. But so far Shumer is not leading any push, nor is Cory Booker as far as I can tell...
Likely waiting to test the barometer.....ito determine f it messes with cashflow or losing a seat of two. Cash and control, are the explanations for many of the unanswered question. It's why a pre-requisite to multi-term pols is 'cognitive dissonance' with added sociopath and narcissistic leaning.
Although there has not been a GOP Senator from NJ since the 1970s, they still do have to avoid a messy primary and Menendez sticking around through that which could be problematic in 2024. If he resigns (which I think is a long shot), they could opt for Sherill, Gottheimer or Pallone from the House side who are known fund raisers if they can convince Menendez to step aside and not run in 24. Murphy could appoint one of them or another caretaker. If he appoints one of them then a special election to fill their seat would be held quickly
If necessary, they could tell him they'll support impeachment if he doesn't resign.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Everybody forgot about King Andy. He was guilty of violating the FLP liberal 1st commandment...

Thou shallt not sexually abuse or harass women.

The most ardent FLP liberal Democrats have to admit the era of The Lion of the Senate is dead and buried. In this instance it really is dead and buried. A bottle of scotch and a waitress sandwich please. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Menendez’ options are either to resign now or at some point; to announce at some point that he will serve out his term, but not seek re-election next year when his term is up; or to fight it and run for reelection.

He dodged a bullet once. He isn’t going to be that lucky a second time. Wads of cash in your suit jacket pocket is not a good look.

A number of NJ Democrats, lead by Gov. Murphy, have called for his resignation. Unfortunately, Cory Booker has remained silent so far. Those calling for his resignation include my congressman, Andy Kim, who today announced he is running for Menedez’ Senate seat. I doubt he would’ve made that announcement without the tacit approval of top national Democrats. Kim is already asking me for money.🤣

I suspect Biden is pushing for Menendez’ resignation behind the scenes.

Kim would make an outstanding senator and I would wholeheartedly endorse him. Whether North Jersey Murphy would appoint South Jersey Kim or whether Kim could win a primary against someone other than Menendez (he would crush ol’ Bob) remains to be seen.

At this point, it does not look like Menendez will resign. Perhaps, like George Santos, he needs the money so he will collect his Senate salary and enjoy the liberal (I’m talking legal here) benefits until January 2025. At this juncture, I don’t think he stands a snowball’s chance in hell of winning a primary.

As I understand the procedure in New Jersey, Murphy would appoint Menendez’ replacement if he resigns. If the resignation is prior to this November’s election, then there will be a special election in November to elect the new senator. If he resigns after the election, then there will be no special election, and a new senator will be selected in November 2024 under the normal process.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:40 pm Menendez’ options are either to resign now or at some point; to announce at some point that he will serve out his term, but not seek re-election next year when his term is up; or to fight it and run for reelection.

He dodged a bullet once. He isn’t going to be that lucky a second time. Wads of cash in your suit jacket pocket is not a good look.

A number of NJ Democrats, lead by Gov. Murphy, have called for his resignation. Unfortunately, Cory Booker has remained silent so far. Those calling for his resignation include my congressman, Andy Kim, who today announced he is running for Menedez’ Senate seat. I doubt he would’ve made that announcement without the tacit approval of top national Democrats. Kim is already asking me for money.🤣

Kim would make an outstanding senator and I would wholeheartedly endorse him. Whether North Jersey Murphy would appoint South Jersey Kim or whether Kim could win a primary against someone other than Menendez (he would crush ol’ Bob) remains to be seen.

At this point, it does not look like Menendez will resign. Perhaps, like George Santos, he needs the money so he will collect his Senate salary and enjoy the liberal (I’m talking legal here) benefits until January 2025. At this juncture, I don’t think he stands a snowball’s chance in hell of winning a primary.

As I understand the procedure in New Jersey, Murphy would appoint Menendez’ replacement if he resigns. If the resignation is prior to this November’s election, then there will be a special election in November to elect the new senator. If he resigns after the election, then there will be no special election, and a new senator will be selected in November 2024 under the normal process.
I wonder what Tony Soprano would think? Anthony was known for having envelopes full of money all over the place. The great state of Joisy, where you will find the best politicians that money can buy.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:40 pm Menendez’ options are either to resign now or at some point; to announce at some point that he will serve out his term, but not seek re-election next year when his term is up; or to fight it and run for reelection.

Schumer can schedule an expulsion vote. And should, if necessary. World’s Greatest Deliberative Body??
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Fingers crossed...the democrats show the world they actually do have some standards, otherwise about 90% of the partisan fussing from the democratic side of the forum is now futile.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:48 am

Schumer can schedule an expulsion vote. And should, if necessary. World’s Greatest Deliberative Body??
Perhaps due to the Dems’ slim margin, they are getting things lined up behind the scenes so that there is the smallest of gaps between the resignation, or expulsion vote, and the appointment of the new senator.

Or maybe they are waiting until after this year’s election because it would be pretty chaotic to try to have a runoff election in five weeks or so.

Menendez is pretty obstinate. I think it will take a lot of pressure to get him to quit. Biden probably would need to get involved.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:59 am Fingers crossed...the democrats show the world they actually do have some standards, otherwise about 90% of the partisan fussing from the democratic side of the forum is now futile.
:lol: Ask Old Salt what to do. He thinks the FBI and DoJ is to blame for Menendez' indictment. Menendez should be free to break laws, and if we don't let him do that, we're bad Americans.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:59 am Fingers crossed...the democrats show the world they actually do have some standards, otherwise about 90% of the partisan fussing from the democratic side of the forum is now futile.
:lol: Ask Old Salt what to do. He thinks the FBI and DoJ is to blame for Menendez' indictment. Menendez should be free to break laws, and if we don't let him do that, we're bad Americans.
I seriously doubt that is what OS believes.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:46 pm
Oh, you're right. He only believes we should never investigate or indict Trump and his pals. You can investigate everyone else all you like

Correction noted, thanks!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:57 pm
Oh, you're right. He only believes we should never investigate or indict Trump and his pals. You can investigate everyone else all you like

Saltine is just waiting for more facts to come out on Fatso Orange and all of his attached grifters and weasels. No need to jump to conclusions and just be patient and see what happens. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: But its all obvious for Hunter Biden. :oops:

BTW serial liar/fraudster Rep. George Santos says Menendez shouldn't resign. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:12 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:23 am Sen. Robert Menendez, his wife, and three New Jersey businessmen have been indicted by a federal grand jury in New York.
The powerful Democratic senator from New Jersey stands accused of “bribery offenses”.

Press conference at 11

This is the second go-around for Menendez - hung jury a few years back on similar charges of bribery.

Some of these pols just cannot help themselves. :oops:
This is what political corruption actually looks like.
Piles of cash, gold bars, text messages, DNA, etc.

Gotta prove the actual official acts committed by the Senator, which they were unable to do last time. Text messages look damning. Wife a big problem, apparently.
I'll never understand it. If you're in Congress for years, you can LEGALLY cash in any number of ways.....scummy and unethical....but perfectly legal.

You just have to be a moron to break laws to get paid.
And he's not a moron. The 'lesson' from the changed laws on this that led to the hung jury was that an actual quid pro quo now needs to be proven, not simply that extravagant gifts had been made and that official acts had occurred involving the gift-giver...gotta actually prove the ask-get, quid pro quo. He may have been emboldened by that outcome...and then he started dating his now wife, who apparently is deep in the thick of this... It appears they have the proof this time of quid pro quo, and even a threat/extortion.

Apparently, accepting extravagant gifts from someone who you help in some way using your political influence/power is not illegal...should be, but...ugh.

If I recall correctly, not a lot of Dems rallied to defend him the last time, though many said, 'let it work out in court'...I'd think that would be the most supportive they'd say now as well.

My takeaway from the press conference by the black US Attorney and the black FBI head of public corruption unit was the emphasis their statements put on the years of hard work put in by the FBI, IRS, and prosecutors to investigate and make this case. The "Deep State" nails a very prominent Dem...

Without favor or partisan interest...
Your saying the FBI and the IRS worked together to bring this indictment? What a unique concept that is. Will Joe Biden pardon his old friend?? That could be coming down the pike sometime around December 2024... ;)
I'm not saying it, the DOJ US Attorney and FBI are saying it, you know "the Deep State".

And no, I doubt very much that President Biden would pardon Menendez, whether Joe wins or loses in November 2024. If Menendez is found guilty, it'll only be because the evidence of the quid pro quo would be overwhelming. If they don't actually have that convincing proof, it could end in another hung jury and Menendez will walk and claim "vindication"...again. Scummy but not convicted.

You'll recall from those many years ago, that I agreed that Menendez was very likely guilty of the corruption...it's the change to the law that IMO is to blame for him getting off for it. Powerful Senator, effective in all sorts of ways, but man, sure looks like a greedy bastard.
He needs to resign.
Keep in mind we’re talking dirty Jersey-panda of Xanadu, the Billions dollars of municipal funds unaccounted for on the mass mix Development on swampland in E Rutherford, whatever is going on in Bayonne and land of the jug handles and only state you can’t pump your own gas in.

He was just trying to keep up there….

(Of course he should’ve been gone ages ago but the constituents kept throwing him back in there-makes me wonder about how easy it is to bounce Santos)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:23 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:23 am Sen. Robert Menendez, his wife, and three New Jersey businessmen have been indicted by a federal grand jury in New York.
The powerful Democratic senator from New Jersey stands accused of “bribery offenses”.

Press conference at 11

This is the second go-around for Menendez - hung jury a few years back on similar charges of bribery.

Some of these pols just cannot help themselves. :oops:
His daughter used to be pretty hot at least?
Kind of a dbaggery response dont you think? I guess the coffee was worn off. ;)
I don’t understand your comment. Who cares. This guy was corrupt the day he walked into office and should’ve been bounced a long time ago. The folks in NJ kept him around for god knows what reason other than they accept corruption as a standard. The fact he got by before and is still playing around. This isn’t really news so much as “s**t finally caught up to him”.

The guy is trash. Only redeeming thing is his seed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:03 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:57 pm

Saltine is just waiting for more facts to come out on Fatso Orange and all of his attached grifters and weasels. No need to jump to conclusions and just be patient and see what happens. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: But its all obvious for Hunter Biden. :oops:
That's not what's he's claimed. He has claimed that you should not investigate these political figures at all. And if you do, that's weaponizing the FBI.

And when they are found guilty, that STILL doesn't clear the FBI for "corruptly" investigating them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:10 pm And of course, given that reality about the laws involving public corruption, it should be no wonder that Weiss hasn't brought those sorts of charges against Joe and Hunter Biden...enormous IF, but IF there actually was any wink wink between Joe Biden's official actions and Hunter's getting paid excessively, the prosecution would need to be able to prove there was an actual quid pro quo.

Gotta have hard cold evidence of such and nothing remotely close to such proof has materialized from any credible source during all these years. Indeed, the closest to such as been the testimony of Archer that Hunter and Joe sometimes spoke, whether in-person or on the phone, in the presence of Hunter's business associates. But never about any actual business or official acts to be exchanged...nada...no "receipts", no proof.

Apparently the FBI and IRS have had access to all sorts of bank records etc, none of which show any excessive payments to Joe or Jill, whether through Hunter or in any other way...and even IF the money had flowed, that doesn't mean a quid pro was involved, much less is provable.

And the only official action that there's been any claim was somehow beneficial to one of the parties paying Hunter has been quite thoroughly debunked as not actually beneficial and more importantly entirely consistent with the policies of the US and our EU and NATO partners encouraging anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine. Total consensus.

So, no quid pro quo has even been credibly alleged much less is something that could be proven in court.

In contrast, we have Trump who is knee deep convicted fraudster, proven 'rapist'/sexual assaulter, and 4 major long 'speaking' indictments replete with receipts of crimes.

The "Deep State" DOJ/FBI cares about actually proving crimes...they may take a long time to put a case together, but they only bring the cases they are confident they will nail.

And it just isn't there, far as we and any of the 'Impeachment numbskulls' know, about Joe.
Your very fortunate you never became a gambler. We are always searching high and low looking for gullible people like yourself. Two questions for you..why would Burisma pay a dumbass like Hunter Biden 83,000 dollars a month for doing nothing?? Do you know who the big guy is?? :D
ohh, I think they paid Hunter for his name and the perception of access, should they need it.

But that is not a crime.

The crime would need to be that they asked Joe to do something and he asked to be paid to do it. But I don't think that ever happened, through there's always a chance that despite all the investigating they simply haven't uncovered the actual quid pro quo transaction.

A chance, slim as it might be, is not a crime.

And most importantly, there's no proof of a crime.
Heck, there isn't even an actual credible allegation of specific crime, much less with proof.

We all agree that trading on the name and perception of access to power is scummy...but it ain't a crime...maybe it should be, but it ain't. And, unless there's an actual conspiracy, there's no crime committed by a family member either. Can't prove a crime, can't prove a conspiracy...

BUT what we do know is that Trump committed fraud and sexual assault, proven in court, and is indicted for numerous super serious crimes related to his actions as POTUS and former POTUS. Which, based on what we know so far from the indictments, certainly looks like will be proven in court, hands down.

And the Republicans are panicked, with Trump demanding that they dirty up Joe to make it seem like he's corrupt too, diverting attention from the actual criminal to 'they all do it'...or are you too gullible to see that that's what they're doing?
Is this an open forum question, rhetorical, or can I just answer it now with three letters?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:37 pm

Although there has not been a GOP Senator from NJ since the 1970s, they still do have to avoid a messy primary and Menendez sticking around through that which could be problematic in 2024. If he resigns (which I think is a long shot), they could opt for Sherill, Gottheimer or Pallone from the House side who are known fund raisers if they can convince Menendez to step aside and not run in 24. Murphy could appoint one of them or another caretaker. If he appoints one of them then a special election to fill their seat would be held quickly.

NJ voters can dump him in a primary in June so it isn't the end of the world if he sticks around right now.
Gottheimer best of that crew IMO
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:46 pm I seriously doubt that is what OS believes.
Btw....here ya go. He's telling us that we shouldn't investigate political figures. Because if we do, that's bad.
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:13 am I warned you this would happen when the Russia hoax investigation flopped & Pelosi trivialized impeachment. This is the new normal. Welcome to the criminalization of politics & the weaponization of our justice systems. How many indictments of Trump, all delayed to coincide with the campaign.
Read what he's saying here.

-don't investigate TeamTrump when they hire a man who worked for Putin as campaign manager. That's off limits
-don't impeach a POTUS who is caught on tape trying to get a world leader to announce a fake investigation into a political rival.
-don't investigate a former POTUS for trying to get a State to throw an election.

OS thinks it's better for the country to let all this slide. And he's not talking about indictments or prosecutions. He's telling me here not to investigate at all. And if you dare to investigate these things, that's inherently corrupt, and is 'weaponizing our justice systems".

He wants politicians to be immune from any investigations. You on board with this, too, YA? Menendez should take a walk, and the agents who investigated him should be fired? That's what you want?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:02 am The jury vote in the last case was 10-2. I believe to acquit. I know the count is right. Pretty sure i have it right but if not someone will correct. A 10-2 vote to acquit is why they did not retry.

The difference between the reactions of the parties to corruption is stark. The DOJ indicting a sitting Dem senator in a delicately balanced senate? Never would happen w the current GOP who won’t bother to read evidence of crimes.
What different reaction are you referring to? I have yet to hear any member of either party condone corruption. They are just happy that they ain't the ones that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. :roll:
Ignoring evidence of crimes. Not convicting in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt eg Texas, remaining silent in the face of corruption, choosing not to act is a choice and an action.

[attachment=0]IMG_0661.jpeg[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_0661.jpeg
IMG_0661.jpeg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 148 times
IMG_0656.jpeg
IMG_0656.jpeg (219.41 KiB) Viewed 148 times
IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg (199.44 KiB) Viewed 148 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:02 am The jury vote in the last case was 10-2. I believe to acquit. I know the count is right. Pretty sure i have it right but if not someone will correct. A 10-2 vote to acquit is why they did not retry.

The difference between the reactions of the parties to corruption is stark. The DOJ indicting a sitting Dem senator in a delicately balanced senate? Never would happen w the current GOP who won’t bother to read evidence of crimes.
What different reaction are you referring to? I have yet to hear any member of either party condone corruption. They are just happy that they ain't the ones that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. :roll:
Ignoring evidence of crimes. Not convicting in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt eg Texas, remaining silent in the face of corruption, choosing not to act is a choice and an action.

[attachment=0]IMG_0661.jpeg[/attachment
If it's YOUR party being accused of wrongdoing then ignoring the evidence is SoP. When was the last time in recent history that members of either party remained silent about anything? Hell, you can't get any of them to shut up about anything. Stick a camera and a microphone in their face and they will praddle on forever.

Return to “POLITICS”