Our Undeclared Wars

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Our Undeclared Wars

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 am Yep. I get tired of hearing it. VA has got problems, all of which can be fixed if we stopped f**king with their budget and stopped putting in place programs to try to fix it with out giving them the money they need.
Bingo. We've been at nonstop war since at least 91. You think we're allocated the funds needed to help these people? Hell no.

So they spend a fraction of what is needed, and just cry 'gee, government doesn't work".

Fine. Just give them all unlimited vouchers, and let them go get private care, especially for mental issues. I have no problem with that, either.

Shut up and fix the problem.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 am Yep. I get tired of hearing it. VA has got problems, all of which can be fixed if we stopped f**king with their budget and stopped putting in place programs to try to fix it with out giving them the money they need.
Bingo. We've been at nonstop war since at least 91. You think we're allocated the funds needed to help these people? Hell no.

So they spend a fraction of what is needed, and just cry 'gee, government doesn't work".

Fine. Just give them all unlimited vouchers, and let them go get private care, especially for mental issues. I have no problem with that, either.

Shut up and fix the problem.
Then would it not be true that the same issue of cost will transfer over to single payer? The school of thought here seems to be that the government being put in charge of the whole kit and caboodle will be able to do it in a cost effective manner. I don't see that happening. IMO the cold hard reality will be you can't help every one that needs it. How that determines who gets medical care and who gets pain meds will be the bottom line.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

As I said, I"m perfectly fine with nixing the VA outside of processing claims. Whatever gets these folks the care they need works for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:55 pm As I said, I"m perfectly fine with nixing the VA outside of processing claims. Whatever gets these folks the care they need works for me.
It will never happen a Fan. You know as well as I do, the VA is one very powerful government agency. If single payer ever happens there would be no need for the VA. The redundancy would make them obsolete because everyone would be taken care of by the government. I ask myself what happens if single payer becomes reality? What will the government cover and what won't they cover. I could go on here forever describing different scenarios. My favorite one involves my wife and what she is going through right now. If you want your doctor to schedule you for an MRI you damn well better be close to dying. It is not even a case of who will pay for it, my wife and I will pay the tab. Her doctor has informed us there is huge pushback from the powers that be about when a patient needs an MRI. It is not that simple for an orthopod to request an MRI for a patient... he has to justify it to the powers that be. Of course, in the world of single payer, all this government red tape will all go away. Yeah... in a freaking pigs eye it will. One undeniable truth about the US government... if there is a way to make a problem worse, they are the folks that can do it. You hand over the nations healthcare to these idiots... they will turn it to FUBAR. Have they fixed the flaws in the ACA yet? No, they are still debating if the flaws are the fault of the democrats or the republicans... :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The fact of the matter is there are solutions that are more effective and cost far less. It’s demonstrable but doesn’t matter when the primary goal isn’t to put the patient first.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There is no joint effort to fix the ACA. One party has as its goal to eliminate it. They are not interested in the tweets.

Re: Firth amendment. You can invoke the fifth unless you have been given immunity. In that case youveither trstify truthfully or you go to jail.

Our current healthcare system has “death squads”. They work for the insurance companies and their primary goal is to help their employer make more money. They are conflicted at best but generally their objective is to further the company’s interest.

We could reduce healthcare costs significantly if we revised patent law
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Can anyone relay the back story to Afghanistan. Speaking about FUBAR
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Thanks for your reply murph, I understand your frustration because it effects you on a personal level. IMO there are way too many politicians outside of trump on both sides that play fast and loose with the rules. The problem is very few of these politicians are willing to stand by the constitution. If you are handed a subpoena and you think you are being railroaded you testify by invoking your rights under the 5th amendment of our constitution. You simply state you will not say anything to incriminate yourself. When you thumb your nose at the constitution you prove yourself to be clueless they can ask you questions six ways to sunday…but you don't have to answer them. All you have to do is take advantage of the protections the Constitution gives you. Refusing to answer does not mean yo are guilty of anything. Proving you are guilty is the burden placed on the people prosecuting any alleged crime,

Trump is and always will be a sniveling sack of scata. His attempt to grab my wife's rump at one of Mayor Mike's Christmas parties,or having the temerity to ask us for an $800 Million signature loan or spreading so many lies about his business "connections" are "stuff" I've put in my rear-view mirror.For now.

Rather my FRUSTRATION,as you put it, comes from the many LaxFan folks that DEFEND him. DISAPPOINTMENT is a better word.

The LaxFan "patriots" that have no issue with Trump's disdain for the rule of law as well as the Constitution are as, if not more despicable,IMHO, as their leader.I especially love the gutless zeroes who NOW state they never liked Trump.

A group of my colleagues and I have started a fund to set up a series of much needed facilities to help the many Vets that are treated like crap by the VA.Not going to wait around while Congress and Trumps lackeys,talk, talk,talk.And get nothing done.

Eager to hear from the apologists that the inaction/malaise is Obama's,the LIBS,the Repubs, the Congressional newbies,Mueller,Barr,Pompeo and Stephen Miller's,fault.

BTW I am quite familiar with the protections the 5th amendment affords us.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Speaking of memories and women and Trump.

Baltimore 1980s. Trump brings the Trump Princess to Baltimore. There is a little ceremony to greet him the thought being potential economic development

I am there with my date who is a rather attractive exotic looking woman. After a few words Trump comes over to her, steps between us and asks her if she would like to have dinner on the Princess and spend the night. She laughed and turned away and I debated putting one under his jaw but decided I would only create major legal issues for myself
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

This MAN bravely served in an UNDECLARED war.I'm humbled by his efforts to bring attention to the plight of thousands of vets who suffered unimaginable hardship.

Men like him who've been shoved aside, are why we started our fund. He chose to get up off his duff and take action. No hand wringing and "poor me" from this man.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/suf ... 1.30744956
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 am Speaking of memories and women and Trump.

Baltimore 1980s. Trump brings the Trump Princess to Baltimore. There is a little ceremony to greet him the thought being potential economic development

I am there with my date who is a rather attractive exotic looking woman. After a few words Trump comes over to her, steps between us and asks her if she would like to have dinner on the Princess and spend the night. She laughed and turned away and I debated putting one under his jaw but decided I would only create major legal issues for myself
My wife didn't tell me about Trump's attempt until we woke up the morning after the 2016 election.His attempt was not her first experience fending off lecherous dirtbags.She is quite attractive.

I witnessed Trumscum get his (censored) kicked at studio 54.Biding my time. ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Wish I had seen that. He isn’t a fighter.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

White House reviews military plans against Iran -- including sending as many as 120,000 troops to the Middle East -- in echoes of Iraq war

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/worl ... -iran.html

In 2002, before the US invaded Iraq, as the administration beat the drums and our politicians and the press marched along, it all seemed too dumb to be real. This war would be pointless, and kill thousands. Seeing these headlines about Iran now, it's too dumb to be real, right?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

trump has been trying for a foreign government issue most of his term. The incidents he points to could well be another Potemkin Village. Putin used foreign distractions effectively to distract russians from their awful conditions in the past. There is credible belief the Chechen war was manufactured for that purpose.

Iraq was going yo pay for th invasion. Not unlike Mexico would pay for the wall. It seems a GOP go to claim. They didn't and the war didn't p[ay for itself and in fact failure to raise taxes to pay for it was a huge mistake. Trump is not raising takes to pay for this either. He isn't going to get an appropriation with out it in all likelihood. Burt deficits dont matter if they are driven up by the GOP. We did kick start ISIS and Iraq and Iran are closer now than when the war started.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 am White House reviews military plans against Iran -- including sending as many as 120,000 troops to the Middle East -- in echoes of Iraq war

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/worl ... -iran.html

In 2002, before the US invaded Iraq, as the administration beat the drums and our politicians and the press marched along, it all seemed too dumb to be real. This war would be pointless, and kill thousands. Seeing these headlines about Iran now, it's too dumb to be real, right?
Yep. Taking advantage of an aircraft carrier (USS Lincoln) passing through the region as it does an around the world cruise to change home port from E to W coast. Also, increasing the overlap of forward deployed forces already sched to rotate in & out. Patriot batteries to defend against Iranian short range ballistic missiles. Primarily air & naval forces for defense & deterrence, or for a limited counterstrike, as reprisal for IRGC or proxy provocation.
Does not look like forces for an invasion or heavy ground war.
It depends on what Iran, IRGC or proxies do.
Maybe another limited "tanker war", spiking oil prices.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... an-threats
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... ed-by-iran
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"Does not look like forces for an invasion or heavy ground war. "

F-15c fighters
B-52h bombers
Carrier group
100,000 boots

Then What the heck?? All that for a picnic at the beach?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The aircraft carrier is routine but being redefined. Dont see any request for funding. Maybe he will steal from the Pell Grants for this as well. Of heck maybe the Border Wall.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 pm "Does not look like forces for an invasion or heavy ground war. "

F-15c fighters
B-52h bombers
Carrier group
100,000 boots

Then What the heck?? All that for a picnic at the beach?
The F-15's are on a cross country from their home base in the UK to their regular forward deployment site in Qatar.
Along with a F-35 detachment, they're relieving stateside F-22 & F-15 detachments that recently went home.
We've maintained a small detachment of B-52's or B-1's in Qatar for years for on call airstrikes in Afghanistan or vs ISIS in Syria/Iraq.
Those missions continue.
We maintained a carrier group in the Persian Gulf or Arabian Sea nearly continuously until Dec 2016 -- recall the pearl clutching when we first had a carrier gap in the middle east ? Trump/Mattis decided we could do without one there, once ISIS territory was reduced.
Tell us about the 100k boots.
They're just reviewing plans to protect our allies & forces in the region.
Using the NYT fake news hype machine, to saber rattle.
http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/Pag ... -Home.aspx

No Bombers Deployed to CENTCOM After B-1s Return Home
3/29/2019

B-1s from Dyess AFB, Texas, recently returned home, leaving the Middle East without a USAF bomber presence—a rare occasion after 18 years of war.

About 350 airmen and the aircraft returned home on March 11, about two weeks before US-backed fighters declared victory over ISIS’s physical caliphate, according to photographs published by Dyess. Although air operations are continuing in the region, no bombers have replaced them.

Coalition airstrikes supported Iraqi Security Forces operations against ISIS in northern and western Iraq from March 25 to March 27, according to US Central Command.

“We rotate capabilities in and out of the AOR based on current operational requirements,” Air Forces Central Command said in a statement. “Our combat capability and commitment to partners and allies in the region remains.”

The Lancers were the last USAF bombers deployed to Al Udeid AB, Qatar, where they flew constant combat operations against ISIS in Iraq and Syria as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, as well as “over the horizon” flights to bomb Taliban and other targets in Afghanistan. During the last deployment, the B-1s flew 390 sorties, totaling 4,471 hours, and conducted 920 airstrikes, according to Dyess.

The B-1s, which had flown continuous combat operations in the US Central Command area of operations since 2001, were last pulled from theater in 2016 to undergo the Integrated Battle Station upgrade, which modernized the aircraft’s avionics and data links, along with adding a self-diagnostic test system. B-52s assumed the bomber role from 2016 to 2018 when the Lancers returned to Al Udeid.

In August 2016, USAF Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein said the Air Force would regularly rotate its bombers through CENTCOM for combat operations, saying at the time the plan “is to continue having a bomber presence, and it will be a combination of a B-1 and B-52 rotation.”

The pause in the rotation of bombers comes weeks after the service announced it had pulled F-22s from Middle East combat rotations, deploying F-15Cs from RAF Lakenheath, England, to fly air superiority missions in the region instead.

While there are no bombers deployed to CENTCOM, B-52s are operating in both the Pacific and in Europe. B-52s from Minot AFB, N.D., have deployed to Andersen AFB, Guam, for the Air Force’s Continuous Bomber Presence mission in the Pacific, while Stratofortresses from Barksdale AFB, La., are flying exercises across Europe from a forward operating base at RAF Fairford, England.
https://www.apnews.com/397130e95234463aa52b42bfaec34d97

The U.S. will move a Patriot missile battery into the Middle East to counter threats from Iran, the Pentagon said Friday, reflecting ongoing concerns that Tehran may be planning to attack America forces or interests in the region.

The Defense Department released a statement about the move but provided no details. An official said the decision comes after intelligence showed that the Iranians have loaded military equipment and missiles onto small boats controlled by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
Officials had said earlier this week that sending a Patriot battery to the area was under discussion and was part of the initial request made by the Pentagon’s U.S. Central Command. They said it took a few days to get final approval for the Patriot, a long-range, all-weather air defense system to counter tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and advanced aircraft.

The U.S. removed Patriot missile batteries from Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan late last year. It was not clear if the battery would go back to one of those countries.

Officials had initially indicated that the military moves were based in part on indications that Iran had moved short-range ballistic missiles onto small boats called dhows along its shore.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Then there is this from a former senior national security correspondent

This is sort of wow: UK Maj. Gen. Chris Ghika, deputy commander for strategy and information for the US-led counter-ISIS mission, tells Pentagon reporters "We don’t see any increased threat from [Iranian-backed militias] at this stage."

Return to “POLITICS”