CORNELL 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
3rdPersonPlural

Re: CORNELL 2025

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Ezra White wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:12 pm
Nurry is a bit more difficult to assess, since I'm not sure of the caliber of the opposing players in his highlights. Nonetheless, his decision for a pg year may be more about the upperclassmen who would be in front of him at attack than about his readiness to play D-I lacrosse.
If you look at the jerseys in his video, he's up against IMG, Chaminade, Lawrenceville, and (I I believe) Malvern Prep.

You'll not find many better Pre-Collegiate defenses and goalies than found on those squads.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:25 pm
Nurry is a bit more difficult to assess, since I'm not sure of the caliber of the opposing players in his highlights. Nonetheless, his decision for a pg year may be more about the upperclassmen who would be in front of him at attack than about his readiness to play D-I lacrosse.
If you look at the jerseys in his video, he's up against IMG, Chaminade, Lawrenceville, and (I I believe) Malvern Prep.

You'll not find many better Pre-Collegiate defenses and goalies than found on those squads.
The Hill Academy, too.
Ezra White

Post by Ezra White »

I did notice. I believe I also saw Hill Academy. But not everyone on such teams are future D1 players, let alone future HOF members. In other words, much of the video shows Nurry 1-on-1 against 1, 2, or even 3 opponents, and indeed the schools are known for high-level players. But without knowing who the players are, or seeing more of them on film, it's just hard to judge exactly how good they are.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

Ezra White wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:02 pm

I did notice. I believe I also saw Hill Academy. But not everyone on such teams are future D1 players, let alone future HOF members. In other words, much of the video shows Nurry 1-on-1 against 1, 2, or even 3 opponents, and indeed the schools are known for high-level players. But without knowing who the players are, or seeing more of them on film, it's just hard to judge exactly how good they are.
While we never know for sure until they arrive on campus, I think Nurry is going to be the real deal.
stevemc

Post by stevemc »

Nurry was a top player on one of the top teams in the country. The family wants him to physically mature another year before hitting DI.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

This might have already been mentioned, but Bowie Horsman of the Orangeville Northmen has been doing a great job in the Ontario Junior A tournament. Bowie is #81 on Orangeville, and looks like he might have played for the Brampton Excelciors (Dan Teat's team) previously. Bowie was a freshman at Cornell last year, and looks like he will be a strong contributor in years to come. Cornell Lax Instagram has been featuring his plays. Bowie also played at the Hill Academy.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Bowie Horsman was actually a sophomore last year. He has been an excellent box player, but has seen very little time on the field. Maybe this year, but we are deep and excellent at attack, particularly if Long can stay healthy.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

another fan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:04 am Bowie Horsman was actually a sophomore last year. He has been an excellent box player, but has seen very little time on the field. Maybe this year, but we are deep and excellent at attack, particularly if Long can stay healthy.
Thanks for the clarification. It looks like he just had another good game. It seems like he could contribute a a middle as well given his size.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Another Orangeville Northman is Jaden Ciappara. Jaden is a rising Sophomore midfielder for Cornell. He, also, is a Hill Academy graduate. The Northmen just notched another victory. Cornell Instagram highlighted a goal by Jaden.
ChicagoBlackhawks

Post by ChicagoBlackhawks »

It was great seeing a lot of the 2025 Commits at the All American Tournament this weekend - link to the tournament results and rosters - We had Taylor and Booth in the finals!

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Resul ... e4ae1b7844
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Jason Noble '13 will be admitted to the Cornell Athletics Hall of Fame in the 2024 class. Jason was an All American on the 2013 Final Four Cornell Team. I believe that he was also an Academic All American.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Luke Robinson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9jhjShSqw

I think this kid has a chance to see some early time at midfield. He is an all left Canadian, but is very fast and has a hard, accurate shot on the run.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

another fan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:58 am Two future stars: Michael Marshall should see immediate time at lsm this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJkHiFWroY

Rowyn Nurry doing a pg year at Loomis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-YbFplz4FU
Marshall looks like the best defensive addition to the Big Red since Gavin the Great.
Marshall also changes LSDM to LSM, since he plays both ways.

Nurry will be a player, despite the weaker caliber of teams Sallies plays, he still showed up against the big guns too.
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

another fan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:28 pm Luke Robinson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9jhjShSqw

I think this kid has a chance to see some early time at midfield. He is an all left Canadian, but is very fast and has a hard, accurate shot on the run.
I would be surprised if he doesn't get on the field, he is really good
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

FYI for Big Red athletics supporters:
Kyle Dake won his first two matches this morning 10-0 and 11-1.
His next match is against a Janpanese wrestler who he previously defeated in a close match. I believe it's at noon.
mfp

Post by mfp »

VeryRustyRed wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:33 am FYI for Big Red athletics supporters:
His next match is against a Janpanese wrestler who he previously defeated in a close match. I believe it's at noon.
Awesome! Thanks for the update! (Side note: It's been difficult trying to track athletes, events, etc. So frustrating!)
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

mfp wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:05 am
VeryRustyRed wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:33 am FYI for Big Red athletics supporters:
Awesome! Thanks for the update! (Side note: It's been difficult trying to track athletes, events, etc. So frustrating!)
Dake lost to the Japanese opponent, 20-12. Dake seemingly had no answer for his opponent's leg attacks.
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

I watched the match.
Two things were noteworthy:
-The great Jordan Borroughs was the analyst. He said that Dake was so confident in his defensive ability, that in his previous matches, he was making a greater effort to take the offensive initiative. This might have been to his detriment as the Japanese wrester scored three or four takedowns on the same move. Very out of character for Dake.
-Dake seemed absolutely "gassed" - far more so than I've ever seen him. While it was his third match of the day, this was the case for his opponent as well.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Dake wins bronze!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The Orangeville Junior A Northmen win the OJLL. At least two Cornell players on their team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”