Change the Electoral College or the Union?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Change the Electoral College or the Union?

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:43 am
njbill wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 pm Didn't say I thought they had a chance of success. Hence my 50 IQ comment.
Do you think they ever believed they had a chance at success? If your goal is to overthrow the US government you might want to have a game plan. They may be right wing nut jobs but they are not stupid. They exposed how incompetent the leadership is DC when it came to basic security 101 at our nation's capital building. The story should not be about the protesters, it should be how inept our government was at being able to secure the US Capital building. There should have been an announcement over the PA system outside the capital building when the mob tried to gain entrance.
THE USE OF LETHAL FORCE HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED. All people on capital grounds are ordered to stand down and leave the Capital grounds immediately.
Are you effing kidding? Now they were patriots who did the country great favor by exposing poor security at the Capitol?

Jeesus H.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:33 am
old salt wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:16 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:05 pm
njbill wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:03 pm The “other side” didn’t try to violently overthrow the government.
You seriously consider that cluster fudge at the capital an attempt to overthrow the government? It was an abomination to every decent law abiding American but it sure as hell was never intended to overthrow the government. One thing learned from that day, no crazy mob of any political persuasion will ever do it again. This is just a different version of the lesson learned on 9/11. Until the very worst event happens security actual hardcore and serious security measures are overlooked or the threat not taken seriously.
Yep. Basic competent security would have prevented the mob from entering the Capitol building & this would have been just another "peaceful protest" that turned into a violent mob. In this case the Capitol was looted instead of a Dollar Store or Nike store. Less good stuff to steal.
+1

I keep seeing the left mention the 5 people that died in connection with the day.
It's just a tinge ironic that the left, suddenly cares about people they have been wishing harm and throwing bottles of tick on for the past 18 months: 4 Q believers and a police officer.
The 4 Q's don't mean squat to me. These 140 do. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

Just tourists out for a walk on Capitol Hill.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:43 am The story should not be about the protesters, it should be how inept our government was at being able to secure the US Capital building.
Huh? Americans violently storm the US Capitol Building for the first time in history, and the story should be about how many police were there? :roll:

For someone who claims he isn't a T**** supporter, you sure walk, talk, and quack like one.
a

You have not been paying any attention here counselor as to what MY OPINION was to how the capital police should have responded. They SHOULD have given ample warning to clear the grounds of the capital. If they refused they should have f***ing mowed them down where they stood. Is that a trumpist enough response for you? If you had been paying ANY attention here you would have read that. I'm glad you were never my lawyer. You seem to have a disturbing inability to pay attention to detail. I have been THE voice on this forum as to why the Capital police stood around with their thumbs stuck up their ass waiting for instruction on 1/6/21. You think I am a trumpist? The Capital police should have shot every mother f***er trying to break into the Capital that day. Their f***ing job was to defend the Capital. You may disagree with my solution, don't ever f***ing refer to me as trumpist counselor. That is a bridge too far. Had you paid any attention to my feelings on this matter, you would already know that. IMO the highlight of the day is when that capital police officer shot and killed that lady trying to break in to the capital. IMO lethal force should have been authorized and used on any person trying to gain entrance to the capital. I hope that makes my opinion clear enough even for a lawyer to understand.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

You are now off on a typical cradle rant that has little or nothing to do with the subject you previously posted about, or I responded to.

Yes, I have read your prior idiotic posts that the Capitol police should have shot all of the protesters. At first I thought you were kidding (a bad joke), but since you have repeated this position time after time, I can see you are serious. Needless to say, that position is shameful.

For a guy who claims he doesn’t like T****, you sure get awful defensive when it is pointed out that you defend his positions. Consistency isn’t exactly your middle name.

By the way, you aren’t the only poster here who claims they didn’t like T****, but continues to defend him.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:40 pm You are now off on a typical cradle rant that has little or nothing to do with the subject you previously posted about, or I responded to.

Yes, I have read your prior idiotic posts that the Capitol police should have shot all of the protesters. At first I thought you were kidding (a bad joke), but since you have repeated this position time after time, I can see you are serious. Needless to say, that position is shameful.

For a guy who claims he doesn’t like T****, you sure get awful defensive when it is pointed out that you defend his positions. Consistency isn’t exactly your middle name.

By the way, you aren’t the only poster here who claims they didn’t like T****, but continues to defend him.
Your the person who is claiming they were trying to kill Pelosi and overthrow the government. I suggested the use of lethal force should have been used for any person trying to enter the building. Talk about idiotic statements counselor. You whine and complain about their bad intentions. Then you support the decision for the cops to do nothing. Maybe the cops should have handed out lollipops and tried to strike up a dialogue with the mob? In the long run the protest could be a good thing. Maybe now the US Capital will finally be secured so such an embarrassing lack of security will ever happen again. Have a great day counselor. BTW, show me any post of mine where I defend or support trump. I have taken the role of devil's advocate because I don't jump on the Johnny pile bandwagon. Trump did some good things and had some policies that I agreed with. His demeanor and personality will always be repulsive to me. There is a good chance he winds up behind bars. He will get his comeuppance in the end.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, I am “claiming” those things because that is what the insurrectionists, themselves, said they were trying to do. I assume you have been paying attention to the news reports in that regard and have seen the same thing.

First of all, I never said the cops should’ve done nothing. Second of all, the cops didn’t “do nothing.” The large majority of them tried to do what they could, but they were overwhelmed by T****’s army.

The posts in our little discussion here for one. Yes, you criticize T**** at times. I support Biden, but I criticize him when I think it is appropriate. Apparently the same with you. Did you vote for Biden? I didn’t think so.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am
njbill wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:40 pm You are now off on a typical cradle rant that has little or nothing to do with the subject you previously posted about, or I responded to.

Your the person who is claiming they were trying to kill Pelosi and overthrow the government. I suggested the use of lethal force should have been used for any person trying to enter the building. Talk about idiotic statements counselor. You whine and complain about their bad intentions. Then you support the decision for the cops to do nothing. Maybe the cops should have handed out lollipops and tried to strike up a dialogue with the mob? In the long run the protest could be a good thing. Maybe now the US Capital will finally be secured so such an embarrassing lack of security will ever happen again. Have a great day counselor. BTW, show me any post of mine where I defend or support trump. I have taken the role of devil's advocate because I don't jump on the Johnny pile bandwagon. Trump did some good things and had some policies that I agreed with. His demeanor and personality will always be repulsive to me. There is a good chance he winds up behind bars. He will get his comeuppance in the end.
Like the sub 5am post
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am Well, I am “claiming” those things because that is what the insurrectionists, themselves, said they were trying to do. I assume you have been paying attention to the news reports in that regard and have seen the same thing.

First of all, I never said the cops should’ve done nothing. Second of all, the cops didn’t “do nothing.” The large majority of them tried to do what they could, but they were overwhelmed by T****’s army.

The posts in our little discussion here for one. Yes, you criticize T**** at times. I support Biden, but I criticize him when I think it is appropriate. Apparently the same with you. Did you vote for Biden? I didn’t think so.
I voted this year. I passed on the candidates for POTUS. I refuse to vote for a substandard candidate offered up by either party. I have a story to tell you that goes back to my army days. The most intense guard post when you were detailed to division guard was Heavy Drop Rigging. That is where the DRF one force had all their support vehicles armed and fully supplied and ready to be transported over to Pope AFB and loaded on a plane. The DRF one stood for Division Ready Force. The company was required to be in a two hour recall formed up and ready to move out. The vehicles staged at heavy drop rigging were 100 percent equiped with every single bit of firepower needed. The guard post at HDR was 4 guards. Two at the front gate and 2 by the rear loading dock. That was 4 shotguns and 20 rounds of ammunition between all 4 guards. Our specific special orders were to shoot to kill any person trespassing onto that facility. We were not guarding the US Capital. We were guarding enough ammunition and firepower to equip a small army. Our primary mission was to send out an emergency call on our radio and defend our post long enough for the cavalry to get there. Our orders were crystal clear, defend our guard post at all cost and send out the call for the cavalry. Different times, different scenario but IMO the mission was the same. You defend your post using all the authority given to you in your special instructions. I guess those heavy drop pens were a more important objective to be defended than the US Capital. :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

You have told that story before.

I definitely agree there were some major screw ups from the police forces etc. on Jan. 6. I'm sure there is a lot of blame to go around. I'm OK with waiting until the dust settles and the investigations are concluded to see who was at fault for failing to properly guard the Capitol and the members of Congress.

I don't agree the insurrectionists were peaceful. But I don't agree they should have been mowed down with machine guns. I don't agree they didn't have weapons. I don't agree they didn't intend to kill Pence, Pelosi, and others. I don't agree they didn't intend to try to block Congress from certifying the election. I don't agree they were "just tourists."

I do believe they wanted to do anything they could to keep T**** in office. I do believe they did not think Biden was duly elected. I do believe they thought the election was "stolen." I do believe they wanted to overthrow the government, using violence if necessary, to accomplish that end (keeping T**** in office).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:11 pm You have told that story before.

I definitely agree there were some major screw ups from the police forces etc. on Jan. 6. I'm sure there is a lot of blame to go around. I'm OK with waiting until the dust settles and the investigations are concluded to see who was at fault for failing to properly guard the Capitol and the members of Congress.

I don't agree the insurrectionists were peaceful. But I don't agree they should have been mowed down with machine guns. I don't agree they didn't have weapons. I don't agree they didn't intend to kill Pence, Pelosi, and others. I don't agree they didn't intend to try to block Congress from certifying the election. I don't agree they were "just tourists."

I do believe they wanted to do anything they could to keep T**** in office. I do believe they did not think Biden was duly elected. I do believe they thought the election was "stolen." I do believe they wanted to overthrow the government, using violence if necessary, to accomplish that end (keeping T**** in office).
My opinion did go too far. They should have not mowed down people protesting outside. My verbiage was very poor. The people trying to break into the Capital, that is IMO a different story. There should have been verbal warnings notifying all protesters to stand down and leave immediately. Once you have become of the mob physically busting out windows and breaking down doors... your no longer protesting, you have become a clear and present danger to this country and our leadership.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:11 pm You have told that story before.

I definitely agree there were some major screw ups from the police forces etc. on Jan. 6. I'm sure there is a lot of blamed to go around. I'm OK with waiting until the dust settles and the investigations are concluded to see who was at fault for failing to properly guard the Capitol and the members of Congress.

My opinion did go too far. They should have not mowed down people protesting outside. My verbiage was very poor. The people trying to break into the Capital, that is IMO a different story. There should have been verbal warnings notifying all protesters to stand down and leave immediately. Once you have become part of the mob physically busting out windows and breaking down doors... your no longer protesting, you have become a clear and present danger to this country and our leadership. IMO had the use more severe measures been authorized I would have been on board with that. Clearly nobody in DC ever expected an event like this. My expectations would be the Capital is secured to the point that it can never happen again.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

June 7, 2021
Heather Cox Richardson
Jun 8

Complaining that “the fundamental right to vote has itself become overtly politicized,” Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) published an op-ed in the Charleston Gazette-Mail yesterday saying that he would vote against S1, the For the People Act, arguing that protecting the right to vote should “never be done in a partisan manner.” Because Republicans do not support federal voting rights, he says, passing such a measure would “all but ensure partisan divisions continue to deepen.”

Critics immediately jumped on this declaration, noting that the For the People Act would address state laws enacted by Republicans alone to restrict voting and gerrymander states in a partisan fashion. Voting rights scholar Ari Berman tweeted: “I don’t recall Republicans asking for bipartisan support before they introduced 400 voter suppression bills & enacted 22 new voter suppression laws in 14 states so far this year.”

Essentially, Manchin appears to be blaming the person calling the fire department, rather than the arsonist, and then saying the firefighters need to work with the guys holding the gasoline cans and matches.

There are currently two election reform bills before the Senate. The For the People Act covers a wide range of reforms. It sets standards for federal voting in each state, including online and same day voter registration, early voting, and mail-in ballots. It also would end the ability to invest “dark money” in politics, the system by which nonprofits, which do not have to disclose their donors, give money to political causes (this is not small change: in 2020, more than $1 billion—with a “B”—went into the election, most of it helping Democrats). It would end partisan gerrymandering—something some Democrats also oppose—and would strengthen rules about lobbying.

And here’s a twist to this story: according to political consulting firm Lake Research Partners, 68% of Americans, including a majority of Republicans, support the For the People Act. In a March 2021 article in the New Yorker, Jane Mayer, who is simply a crackerjack investigative reporter, broke the story that Republicans were privately dismayed at how overwhelmingly popular the For the People Act is.

In a private conference call on January 8, 2021, between one of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) policy advisers and the leaders of several prominent conservative groups, the speakers “expressed alarm at the broad popularity of the bill’s provision calling for more public disclosure about secret political donors.” They concluded it wasn’t worth trying to convince voters to oppose the bill. Instead, they decided to kill it in the Senate, through strategies like the filibuster. “When it comes to donor privacy, I can’t stress enough how quickly things could get out of hand,” McConnell’s policy adviser Steve Donaldson said.

The other major piece of election reform legislation before the Senate is the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, which would restore the pieces of the 1965 Voting Rights Act gutted in 2013 by the Supreme Court in the Shelby County v. Holder decision. In 2006, the Senate renewed the Voting Rights Act by a vote of 98-0. Today, 70% of Americans support the John Lewis Act.

In his op-ed, Manchin advocated the John Lewis Act and noted that Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) has joined him in calling for passing the bill through the regular order. But while the Senate renewed the Voting Rights Act unanimously in 2006, it is not clear that even ten Republicans will vote to support it in 2021. Although several of the Republicans who voted for the Voting Rights Act in 2006 are still in the Senate, they now oppose the John Lewis Act. Today, Murkowski, who is the only Republican on record for the new measure, admitted it would be hard to find ten yes votes.

Jennifer Rubin in the Washington Post points out that if there ever were a reason to come together, it was on the bill for the creation of an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6 insurrection, and only six Republicans joined that effort, enabling their party to kill the measure. So the idea that there will be ten votes for the voting rights bill seems optimistic.

But there is a weird twist in all these gyrations over protecting the fundamental right of citizens to vote. In his op-ed, Manchin also said he will not agree to eliminate the filibuster, which is the Senate rule that enables the minority to block legislation simply by saying they will not permit a vote on it. People have pointed out that protecting a Senate rule rather than democracy is, well, odd… but the story might well be more complicated.

Manchin has indicated his willingness to reform the filibuster, either taking it back to the traditional form of the talking filibuster, or perhaps excluding election bills in the same way that financial bills and judicial nominees are currently not covered by the filibuster. One of the things at stake here might be that, as a Democrat in a strongly Republican state, Manchin likes that the filibuster protects him from having to vote on Democratic bills that Republicans hate. But might he be willing to do a carve out to protect voting?

Well, McConnell today said that Democrats were teeing up votes this month on paycheck fairness, gun control, and voting that are “designed to fail” in order to convince lawmakers to gut the filibuster. But what’s interesting about that declaration is that those measures are all actually popular among voters. At the same time, McConnell appeared to win the filibuster over the January 6 commission only by appealing to his caucus to vote against it as a personal favor to him. Even so, lots of senators chose to be absent on that day. It is not clear to me that McConnell is confident he can hold the filibuster wall as he was able to in the past, and having continually to defend filibusters of popular measures can only hurt the Republicans.

This afternoon, Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) tweeted that she would continue to fight to get voting, ethics reform, and campaign finance reform passed through the Senate, suggesting that there is wheeling and dealing to be done.

While the fight over voting and the filibuster is taking up a lot of oxygen, there are a few other big stories breaking today. A newly released recording of a call between Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky in July 2019 shows Giuliani quite clearly trying to trade an investigation into Hunter Biden for the U.S. aid Congress had approved for Ukraine, and Vice President Kamala Harris is in Guatemala, where she warned migrants not to try to come to the United States without following formal procedures.

Also… the U.S. has recovered several million dollars paid to cyberhackers who held an East Coast oil pipeline hostage last month. At the time, the company, Colonial Pipeline, told reporters they had paid the ransom to get their operations back up and running quickly, but they had actually turned quickly to the FBI, which apparently asked them to pay the ransom so its officials could follow the money trail. The hackers apparently operated out of Russia, although they were not affiliated with the Russian government.

Later today, news broke that major global crime networks have been broken open as criminals were communicating on an encrypted network broken into by the Australian Federal Police and then run by the FBI. The operation involved the cooperation of 16 different countries, and it targeted some of the world’s leading criminals. Europol, the European Union’s law enforcement agency, called it the “most sophisticated effort to date to disrupt the activities of criminals operating from all four corners of the world.”

Guessing this particular story has quite long legs….
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:11 am June 7, 2021
Heather Cox Richardson
Jun 8

Complaining that “the fundamental right to vote has itself become overtly politicized,” Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) published an op-ed in the Charleston Gazette-Mail yesterday saying that he would vote against S1, the For the People Act, arguing that protecting the right to vote should “never be done in a partisan manner.” Because Republicans do not support federal voting rights, he says, passing such a measure would “all but ensure partisan divisions continue to deepen.”

Critics immediately jumped on this declaration, noting that the For the People Act would address state laws enacted by Republicans alone to restrict voting and gerrymander states in a partisan fashion. Voting rights scholar Ari Berman tweeted: “I don’t recall Republicans asking for bipartisan support before they introduced 400 voter suppression bills & enacted 22 new voter suppression laws in 14 states so far this year.”

Essentially, Manchin appears to be blaming the person calling the fire department, rather than the arsonist, and then saying the firefighters need to work with the guys holding the gasoline cans and matches.

There are currently two election reform bills before the Senate. The For the People Act covers a wide range of reforms. It sets standards for federal voting in each state, including online and same day voter registration, early voting, and mail-in ballots. It also would end the ability to invest “dark money” in politics, the system by which nonprofits, which do not have to disclose their donors, give money to political causes (this is not small change: in 2020, more than $1 billion—with a “B”—went into the election, most of it helping Democrats). It would end partisan gerrymandering—something some Democrats also oppose—and would strengthen rules about lobbying.

And here’s a twist to this story: according to political consulting firm Lake Research Partners, 68% of Americans, including a majority of Republicans, support the For the People Act. In a March 2021 article in the New Yorker, Jane Mayer, who is simply a crackerjack investigative reporter, broke the story that Republicans were privately dismayed at how overwhelmingly popular the For the People Act is.

In a private conference call on January 8, 2021, between one of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) policy advisers and the leaders of several prominent conservative groups, the speakers “expressed alarm at the broad popularity of the bill’s provision calling for more public disclosure about secret political donors.” They concluded it wasn’t worth trying to convince voters to oppose the bill. Instead, they decided to kill it in the Senate, through strategies like the filibuster. “When it comes to donor privacy, I can’t stress enough how quickly things could get out of hand,” McConnell’s policy adviser Steve Donaldson said.

The other major piece of election reform legislation before the Senate is the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, which would restore the pieces of the 1965 Voting Rights Act gutted in 2013 by the Supreme Court in the Shelby County v. Holder decision. In 2006, the Senate renewed the Voting Rights Act by a vote of 98-0. Today, 70% of Americans support the John Lewis Act.

In his op-ed, Manchin advocated the John Lewis Act and noted that Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) has joined him in calling for passing the bill through the regular order. But while the Senate renewed the Voting Rights Act unanimously in 2006, it is not clear that even ten Republicans will vote to support it in 2021. Although several of the Republicans who voted for the Voting Rights Act in 2006 are still in the Senate, they now oppose the John Lewis Act. Today, Murkowski, who is the only Republican on record for the new measure, admitted it would be hard to find ten yes votes.

Jennifer Rubin in the Washington Post points out that if there ever were a reason to come together, it was on the bill for the creation of an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6 insurrection, and only six Republicans joined that effort, enabling their party to kill the measure. So the idea that there will be ten votes for the voting rights bill seems optimistic.

But there is a weird twist in all these gyrations over protecting the fundamental right of citizens to vote. In his op-ed, Manchin also said he will not agree to eliminate the filibuster, which is the Senate rule that enables the minority to block legislation simply by saying they will not permit a vote on it. People have pointed out that protecting a Senate rule rather than democracy is, well, odd… but the story might well be more complicated.

Manchin has indicated his willingness to reform the filibuster, either taking it back to the traditional form of the talking filibuster, or perhaps excluding election bills in the same way that financial bills and judicial nominees are currently not covered by the filibuster. One of the things at stake here might be that, as a Democrat in a strongly Republican state, Manchin likes that the filibuster protects him from having to vote on Democratic bills that Republicans hate. But might he be willing to do a carve out to protect voting?

Well, McConnell today said that Democrats were teeing up votes this month on paycheck fairness, gun control, and voting that are “designed to fail” in order to convince lawmakers to gut the filibuster. But what’s interesting about that declaration is that those measures are all actually popular among voters. At the same time, McConnell appeared to win the filibuster over the January 6 commission only by appealing to his caucus to vote against it as a personal favor to him. Even so, lots of senators chose to be absent on that day. It is not clear to me that McConnell is confident he can hold the filibuster wall as he was able to in the past, and having continually to defend filibusters of popular measures can only hurt the Republicans.

This afternoon, Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) tweeted that she would continue to fight to get voting, ethics reform, and campaign finance reform passed through the Senate, suggesting that there is wheeling and dealing to be done.

While the fight over voting and the filibuster is taking up a lot of oxygen, there are a few other big stories breaking today. A newly released recording of a call between Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky in July 2019 shows Giuliani quite clearly trying to trade an investigation into Hunter Biden for the U.S. aid Congress had approved for Ukraine, and Vice President Kamala Harris is in Guatemala, where she warned migrants not to try to come to the United States without following formal procedures.

Also… the U.S. has recovered several million dollars paid to cyberhackers who held an East Coast oil pipeline hostage last month. At the time, the company, Colonial Pipeline, told reporters they had paid the ransom to get their operations back up and running quickly, but they had actually turned quickly to the FBI, which apparently asked them to pay the ransom so its officials could follow the money trail. The hackers apparently operated out of Russia, although they were not affiliated with the Russian government.

Later today, news broke that major global crime networks have been broken open as criminals were communicating on an encrypted network broken into by the Australian Federal Police and then run by the FBI. The operation involved the cooperation of 16 different countries, and it targeted some of the world’s leading criminals. Europol, the European Union’s law enforcement agency, called it the “most sophisticated effort to date to disrupt the activities of criminals operating from all four corners of the world.”

Guessing this particular story has quite long legs….
Manchin-urian candidate?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Two-thirds of Southern r's now say the South should break away from the Union, up from 50 percent in January.

https://thewhyaxis.substack.com/p/two-t ... epublicans
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:18 am Two-thirds of Southern r's now say the South should break away from the Union, up from 50 percent in January.

https://thewhyaxis.substack.com/p/two-t ... epublicans
Please, dog.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

What If The House Of Representatives Had More Than 435 Seats?
See how adding more seats makes Congress more representative

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/43 ... entatives/

Just another way that the minority is making the rules...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

This is classic r.

Complain and whine, and ask someone how to do something. "Please advise on next steps."

The officials who represent Maryland’s three westernmost counties in the General Assembly have asked if their counties can join West Virginia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... -virginia/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:03 am What If The House Of Representatives Had More Than 435 Seats?
See how adding more seats makes Congress more representative

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/43 ... entatives/

Just another way that the minority is making the rules...
Dude....certain "posters" are going to tear you a new one on this topic....if they even bother to read it at all.

mdlaxfan, the ADMIN.....have made it very clear. No one cares about this ......just sad....that they don't. That guy, will be in full attack mode, bashing you.

"it's been discussed/ answered "

b & Shiite.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am This is classic r.

Complain and whine, and ask someone how to do something. "Please advise on next steps."

The officials who represent Maryland’s three westernmost counties in the General Assembly have asked if their counties can join West Virginia.

The wreaks of elitism. So our state has gerrymandered us in to blue oblivion, giving the people little to no true balanced representation and your response is that they are complaining and whining AFTER your party is known to have worked us over. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am This is classic r.

Will reduce the unemployment rolls.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”