Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Orange Duce

Post by foreverlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 am On another thread, it was mentioned that Trump has signed NO worthwhile legislation. Is this true? Trump has signed over 500 bills into law in his two and a half years. Sure, AFAN the net moving master, will say Don didnt support, sponsor, sooth, sway, .....in short NO input from Trump. He didn't draft the legislation. Or, better yet, the bills aren't "game changers". Big deals, like F ng BIG deals, like Biden said. (it's not, ACA is a joke )

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%2 ... 6%22%5D%7D

So, all 511 bills signed into law (NOT exec orders)....and none of them help the average joe and jawanda US citizen? On non-citizen, aka illegal ;)

Why is any of this the Presidents fault, regardless of what you think about him, or her, or zure.

Come on, not ONE beneficial bill for the US citizens: Legallizing hemp saved a buddies farm in Maryland. Big time. Was declaring bankruptcy........losing the farm...... because the pretends in DC/bubble didn't want to pay more or organic food. That's one family that benefitted from a bill Trump signed. Guess it doesn't count
A hemp bill!! Good one!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:23 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 am On another thread, it was mentioned that Trump has signed NO worthwhile legislation. Is this true? Trump has signed over 500 bills into law in his two and a half years. Sure, AFAN the net moving master, will say Don didnt support, sponsor, sooth, sway, .....in short NO input from Trump. He didn't draft the legislation. Or, better yet, the bills aren't "game changers". Big deals, like F ng BIG deals, like Biden said. (it's not, ACA is a joke )

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%2 ... 6%22%5D%7D

So, all 511 bills signed into law (NOT exec orders)....and none of them help the average joe and jawanda US citizen? On non-citizen, aka illegal ;)

Why is any of this the Presidents fault, regardless of what you think about him, or her, or zure.

Come on, not ONE beneficial bill for the US citizens: Legallizing hemp saved a buddies farm in Maryland. Big time. Was declaring bankruptcy........losing the farm...... because the pretends in DC/bubble didn't want to pay more or organic food. That's one family that benefitted from a bill Trump signed. Guess it doesn't count
A hemp bill!! Good one!!
Come on, Trump's tax gift to rich people was great. I know my net worth went up. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Sure, it might look like I'm posting this as someone who is simply a Trump "hater," complaining about every little thing this president and his administration does, but really...

Senior Trump official embellished résumé, had face on fake Time cover
State Dept. official Mina Chang claimed to be a Harvard Business School "alumna" who ran a nonprofit that worked in 40 countries.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... r-n1080356

WASHINGTON — A senior Trump administration official has embellished her résumé with misleading claims about her professional background — even creating a fake Time magazine cover with her face on it — raising questions about her qualifications to hold a top position at the State Department.

...In her State Department post, Chang, 35, from Dallas, helps oversee efforts to prevent conflicts from erupting in politically unstable countries. She earns a six-figure salary in a bureau with a $6 million budget. A deputy assistant secretary usually has a top secret security clearance. It's not clear if Chang has such a clearance.

Only the best people my a$$.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

ToastDunk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm Sure, it might look like I'm posting this as someone who is simply a Trump "hater," complaining about every little thing this president and his administration does, but really...

State Dept. official Mina Chang claimed to be a Harvard Business School "alumna" who ran a nonprofit that worked in 40 countries.

WASHINGTON — A senior Trump administration official has embellished her résumé with misleading claims about her professional background — even creating a fake Time magazine cover with her face on it — raising questions about her qualifications to hold a top position at the State Department.

...In her State Department post, Chang, 35, from Dallas, helps oversee efforts to prevent conflicts from erupting in politically unstable countries. She earns a six-figure salary in a bureau with a $6 million budget. A deputy assistant secretary usually has a top secret security clearance. It's not clear if Chang has such a clearance.

This scene from "She's Having a Baby" immediately came to mind.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Don't forget, Ivanka has "created 14 million new jobs". DJT at his lunch meeting today.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm Don't forget, Ivanka has "created 14 million new jobs". DJT at his lunch meeting today.
Only in a Trump administration. Ivanka should get a job selling Girl Scout Cookies. The lady clown with the fake Time cover is a classic!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ToastDunk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm Sure, it might look like I'm posting this as someone who is simply a Trump "hater," complaining about every little thing this president and his administration does, but really...

Biography with all its fakery is still up on the State Department site as of 3:35 EST today (11/12/19).

https://www.state.gov/biographies/mina-chang/
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Biography with all its fakery is still up on the State Department site as of 3:35 EST today (11/12/19).

Meet our next Ambassador to Ukraine. She'll fit right in.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Did she give Trump a million bucks too?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:12 pm

You do understand that Russia is a far more corrupt and malignant nation than Ukraine, don’t you? You need to acknowledge that before criticizing Ukraine.

Anyway, is it surprising that an administration led by a pathological liar and conman hired a pathological liar and conwoman for the State Department?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:34 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:12 pm

You do understand that Russia is a far more corrupt and malignant nation than Ukraine, don’t you? You need to acknowledge that before criticizing Ukraine.

Anyway, is it surprising that an administration led by a pathological liar and conman hired a pathological liar and conwoman for the State Department?

DocBarrister :?
Stop it, Doc.
Vlad might get mad.
We don't want another Cold War with Russia.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm
Don't forget, Ivanka has "created 14 million new jobs". DJT at his lunch meeting today.
More alternative facts from DOPUS
"The USMCA will create up to half a million American jobs and add at least 1.2 percent more to our total GDP. And it should be much higher than that."
What is posted to the WH web site
“A new trade agreement between the U.S., Mexico and Canada would add $68.2 billion to the U.S. economy and create 176,000 new jobs, according to a study from the International Trade Commission released on Thursday.
Regarding wage growth
" ....for the bottom income group, real wages are soaring — a number that’s never happened before — 9 percent."
Atlanta Fed study shows that wages for the bottom quartile, under Trump, is around 3%, while the top quartile is over 4%

Question and non-answer time -
"MR. HESS: Mr. President, welcome back to New York. Mr. President, you’ve been a tough negotiator to address unfair trading practices and ensure that U.S. businesses get fair treatment. But there’s a growing consensus that the trade war has a cost and is weighing on our economic growth and capital spending. As you know, capital spending in the United States, last year, was up 10 percent. This year, it’s flat."

"THE PRESIDENT: Good. Thank you, John. They haven’t been hurt. You know, they were totally down. Now they are a little bit down because a little big, perhaps, the uncertainty of trade wars. But there is no uncertainty."
"MR. GALLOGLY: Mr. President, all the folks in the room are business leaders. Business works hard to think through and mitigate risk. How do you think about risk as it relates to trade policy and to, really, big issues like climate change?"

"THE PRESIDENT: Well, you know, climate change is a very complex issue. I consider myself to be, in many ways, an environmentalist, believe it or not. When I build buildings, I did the best environmental impact statements. I was — you know, I know the game better than anybody. And I used to go and see my consultants that I was paying a lot of money — environmental consultants. They’d be up in Albany. And I’d say, “What are they doing up here?” Well, they were trying to make it more difficult so we’d have to hire them and pay them even more money than we were paying them now. And I know what it is."
https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-gr ... acker.aspx
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The Time cover showed her piloting the Space Shuttle with lazers obliterating a caravan of Taliban.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 am
"The USMCA will create up to half a million American jobs and add at least 1.2 percent more to our total GDP. And it should be much higher than that."
“A new trade agreement between the U.S., Mexico and Canada would add $68.2 billion to the U.S. economy and create 176,000 new jobs, according to a study from the International Trade Commission released on Thursday.
Regarding wage growth
" ....for the bottom income group, real wages are soaring — a number that’s never happened before — 9 percent."
Atlanta Fed study shows that wages for the bottom quartile, under Trump, is around 3%, while the top quartile is over 4%

"MR. HESS: Mr. President, welcome back to New York. Mr. President, you’ve been a tough negotiator to address unfair trading practices and ensure that U.S. businesses get fair treatment. But there’s a growing consensus that the trade war has a cost and is weighing on our economic growth and capital spending. As you know, capital spending in the United States, last year, was up 10 percent. This year, it’s flat."

"THE PRESIDENT: Good. Thank you, John. They haven’t been hurt. You know, they were totally down. Now they are a little bit down because a little big, perhaps, the uncertainty of trade wars. But there is no uncertainty."
"MR. GALLOGLY: Mr. President, all the folks in the room are business leaders. Business works hard to think through and mitigate risk. How do you think about risk as it relates to trade policy and to, really, big issues like climate change?"

"THE PRESIDENT: Well, you know, climate change is a very complex issue. I consider myself to be, in many ways, an environmentalist, believe it or not. When I build buildings, I did the best environmental impact statements. I was — you know, I know the game better than anybody. And I used to go and see my consultants that I was paying a lot of money — environmental consultants. They’d be up in Albany. And I’d say, “What are they doing up here?” Well, they were trying to make it more difficult so we’d have to hire them and pay them even more money than we were paying them now. And I know what it is."
It's really rather scary how stupid he really is.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 am

The Time cover showed her piloting the Space Shuttle with lazers obliterating a caravan of Taliban.
BFD...Jared and Ivanaka got jobs in the WH with even less of a resume. ;)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 am
Regarding wage growth

What's more scary - the stupidity of the people that believe him. Imagine if "Trump and Co." are your only source of information.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 am
Regarding wage growth

What's more scary - the stupidity of the people that believe him. Imagine if "Trump and Co." are your only source of information.
As stupid as a turnip.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Orange Duce lost another court battle today regarding his taxes. Supremes are next. He is so tired of winning. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocB :
You should listen closely to today's testimony from Dep Sec George Kent. He gave a brief history of Ukraine's endemic corruption, including the fall from grace of the most recent Prosecutor General who was appointed to replace the one VP Biden insisted on firing.

We're now on the new & improved Ukraine 4.0. Hopefully this govt will last longer than it's predecessors who were toppled from within because of that endemic corruption.

Zelensky was just elected & is just a few months into his term. He's an amateur - their Stephen Colbert, A stand up comic whose schtick is lampooning politicians. I hope he turns out to be their George Washington, but his reforms & reformers are barely in place.

It's a bit premature to draw your contrast between Russia & Ukraine. I hope it lives up to your expectations. Maybe the third time is the charm. But it's too soon to make the contrast you do. I'm sure you thought your reset button was going to work too.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm
DocB :
You should listen closely to today's testimony from Dep Sec George Kent. He gave a brief history of Ukraine's endemic corruption, including the fall from grace of the most recent Prosecutor General who was appointed to replace the one VP Biden insisted on firing.

We're now on the new & improved Ukraine 4.0. Hopefully this govt will last longer than it's predecessors who were toppled from within because of that endemic corruption.

Zelensky was just elected & is just a few months into his term. He's an amateur - their Stephen Colbert, A stand up comic whose schtick is lampooning politicians. I hope he turns out to be their George Washington, but his reforms & reformers are barely in place.

It's a bit premature to draw your contrast between Russia & Ukraine. I hope it lives up to your expectations. Maybe the third times the charm. But it's too soon to make the contrast you do. I'm sure you thought your reset button was going to work too.
Their Colbert! Our President is Thornton Melon!

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”