Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:31 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:19 pm Wish we could put the Hopkins-Loyola thing aside and just focus on the thread topic.

Moving on, this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p-dilemma/

"Iowa resident Amy Haskins asked Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) an important question about President Trump on Thursday.

“Where is the line?” Haskins asked at a town hall. “When are you guys going to say, ‘Enough,' and stand up and say, ‘I’m not backing any of this?’”

I don’t mean that this was a good question in a moralistic way, as if it’s beyond time for Ernst and her GOP colleagues to take a stand. (People are welcome to make that call for themselves.) I mean it quite literally as “Where is the line?” — because Republicans need to start asking themselves just how far Trump will go if they don’t start setting boundaries.

The past week or so has shown the peril of the GOP’s see-no-evil approach to Trump. After a rough transcript showed the president suggestively talking about how good the United States is to Ukraine before asking Ukraine’s president for investigations that carry political benefits for him, Republicans offered a muted response. A handful — most notably Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), and even Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) to an extent — said the call was bad. But the vast majority of elected GOP officials basically stayed silent."

This is the template: citizens cannot leave it to the right wing Trumpian howler-class to push Senators into a corner. Constituents need to let this jury pool know that, for them, there is a line. The Republicans have a Child King who knows no boundary. If this is OK, then what?
sc, just got back from watching the new Where is my Roy Cohn? movie. (That’s what we retired guys can do: go to a movie in the afternoon while you working stiffs continue to pay into Medicare and Social Security for us. Thanks. 😀) In it they showed a clip of the famous Joe Welch “have you no sense of decency” scene. Somewhat similar to the question asked of Joni Ernst.

At the end of the movie they said that after Cohn had been disbarred and was dying of AIDS, Donald Trump, who had used his services for many years, dumped him; he stopped using him as his lawyer, he stopped going to his parties, and he cut off all connections to him. Class guy that Donald, that is, class without the “c” and the “l.”
Happy to pay into the system to keep guys like you doddering off to the matinee!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump- ... t-n1062481

CIA lawyer made a criminal referral to DoJ. Barr blocked it.
Trump told Theresa May he didn’t believe the Russians poisoned their spy.
Staff hid it. There’s a potential CI whistle blower with more direct contact than Deep Whistle.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:39 pm Sure, not much to absorb, if I just swallow your spin.
2nd request....
"And, by the way, likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with — with Ukraine."
Are you cool with any POTUS asking China investigate a political opponent?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pompeo failed to answer his Congressional subpoenas, sticks to the corruption fighting excuse.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:19 pm Wish we could put the Hopkins-Loyola thing aside and just focus on the thread topic.

Moving on, this:

"Iowa resident Amy Haskins asked Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) an important question about President Trump on Thursday.

“Where is the line?” Haskins asked at a town hall. “When are you guys going to say, ‘Enough,' and stand up and say, ‘I’m not backing any of this?’”

I don’t mean that this was a good question in a moralistic way, as if it’s beyond time for Ernst and her GOP colleagues to take a stand. (People are welcome to make that call for themselves.) I mean it quite literally as “Where is the line?” — because Republicans need to start asking themselves just how far Trump will go if they don’t start setting boundaries.

The past week or so has shown the peril of the GOP’s see-no-evil approach to Trump. After a rough transcript showed the president suggestively talking about how good the United States is to Ukraine before asking Ukraine’s president for investigations that carry political benefits for him, Republicans offered a muted response. A handful — most notably Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), and even Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) to an extent — said the call was bad. But the vast majority of elected GOP officials basically stayed silent."

This is the template: citizens cannot leave it to the right wing Trumpian howler-class to push Senators into a corner. Constituents need to let this jury pool know that, for them, there is a line. The Republicans have a Child King who knows no boundary. If this is OK, then what?
Ernst totally blew the question. Just another example of how republicans with military backgrounds are no better than your run of the mill Trump lover. Courage is rare in Washington.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This is push all my chips in, perhaps reframe it as leadership, but leadership requires courage so more or less the same (one is precedent one is antecedent)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

One (or at least I) expects better out of the military types. Really disappointing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How dare you. Only people who served understand anything about honor, chain or command, etc. no one else should be allowed to speak of such things.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 am How dare you. Only people who served understand anything about honor, chain or command, etc. no one else should be allowed to speak of such things.
Sorry, my bad. :oops: I feel deservedly chastized.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:50 am One (or at least I) expects better out of the military types. Really disappointing.
It has become apparent that the overwhelming number of those in politics, however high their original intentions, wind up personifying a "politician".

The government has forced my industry down a very slippery slope... to go from being called a "stockbroker" which had no "fiduciary" obligation to an "advisor", which requires acting as a "fiduciary".

Trump should be impeached solely for not acting in the best interests of those he serves...I would be banned for life - unable to earn an income. Many times over the past 2 years.

Removal from office is the real deal. Get all the facts out there and vote your conscience. Let history determine and best of luck going forward.

Beyond FUBAR.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:37 am

Moving on, this:

Ernst totally blew the question. Just another example of how republicans with military backgrounds are no better than your run of the mill Trump lover. Courage is rare in Washington.
I agree with seacoaster, but I still hold some hope for Joni.
However, she whiffed on that chance.

Adam Kinzinger on the other hand shows some backbone: https://time.com/5689170/kinzinger-trum ... ngressman/
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“The White House participant on the call with DOJ--which the top CIA lawyer intended to be a criminal referral--was the very same White House lawyer who played a key role locking down the July 25 transcript on the CODEWORD-level NSC computer system.”

Ned Price.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:50 am One (or at least I) expects better out of the military types. Really disappointing.
It has become apparent that the overwhelming number of those in politics, however high their original intentions, wind up personifying a "politician".

The government has forced my industry down a very slippery slope... to go from being called a "stockbroker" which had no "fiduciary" obligation to an "advisor", which requires acting as a "fiduciary".

Trump should be impeached solely for not acting in the best interests of those he serves...I would be banned for life - unable to earn an income. Many times over the past 2 years.

Removal from office is the real deal. Get all the facts out there and vote your conscience. Let history determine and best of luck going forward.

Beyond FUBAR.
Well it started with unregulating trading commissions in the 70s but if you guys had a higher bar than a series 7 and hadn’t become asset aggregators just charging a point to put people in mutual funds maybe there wouldn’t be a need as fiduciary. By comparison i/we got 0.75% for helping refinance Tarp for a bank in NJ with subordinate unsecured holding company debt in a relatively thin market for such assets, flew to board meetings landing in philly at 2am and driving over to sleep for an hour before pitching a board with a partner to win amongst a group of four firms invited and had to get it all done a week before Christmas. So something is flipped in that math IMO.

I know a lot of brokers that are just salespeople in a relatively commoditized business. The good ones ether add value through thought leadership (execution is a commodity unless your dealing in OTC or micro cap stocks where thought leadership is even more critical) and/or they manage their entire financial position like private bankers. The latter should have some fiduciary responsibilities.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Beyond FUBAR.
Well it started with unregulating trading commissions in the 70s but if you guys had a higher bar than a series 7 and hadn’t become asset aggregators just charging a point to put people in mutual funds maybe there wouldn’t be a need as fiduciary. By comparison i/we got 0.75% for helping refinance Tarp for a bank in NJ with subordinate unsecured holding company debt in a relatively thin market for such assets, flew to board meetings landing in philly at 2am and driving over to sleep for an hour before pitching a board with a partner to win amongst a group of four firms invited and had to get it all done a week before Christmas. So something is flipped in that math IMO.

I know a lot of brokers that are just salespeople in a relatively commoditized business. The good ones ether add value through thought leadership (execution is a commodity unless your dealing in OTC or micro cap stocks where thought leadership is even more critical) and/or they manage their entire financial position like private bankers. The latter should have some fiduciary responsibilities.
You completely missed the point..surprisingly.

"you guys". Also surprising.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Please listen...CAREFULLY...to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) fascinating comment. :?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... a-vpx.wfor
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Magalito Rubio is the worst Rubio.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

TWO (2) KEY "POINT-COUNTERPOINT" PUBLICATIONS THAT CAN GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE IMPEACHMENT PROCESS.
Trump's How To  Manual (2).jpg
Trump's How To Manual (2).jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
Jefferson's  HOR Manual V2.jpg
Jefferson's HOR Manual V2.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Beyond FUBAR.

You completely missed the point..surprisingly.

"you guys". Also surprising.
I get it, just moved on. Near five years living in DC was enough for me to realize how much of a self absorbed bubble and that it is it’s own class off Citizens.
ggait

Post by ggait »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm Please listen...CAREFULLY...to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) fascinating comment. :?

The ultimate bull shirt.

"Russia -- if you can hear me, please hack the Democrats."

That's illegal. Per Rubio, though, it isn't. Because it wasn't a real request. It was just a joke. So it doesn't count.

Only problem is that the Russians (and the Ukes and the Chinese) didn't think/know it was a joke. They all acted in response to the "jokes." Why? Because the "jokes" look exactly like what "real" stuff would look like.

Much of the racist/crazy/stupid/gross/illegal stuff Trump says is later excused because he was just "joking." Even though no one except Trumpsters can tell the difference.

For some reason, only Trump toadies have the secret de-coder ring (which only works if the cover-up mode has been activated) to tell when the leader of the free world is in stand-up comic mode. Such a modern meta problem we have. Trump is just so tragically mis-understood.

The even better one is Chris Christie.

Before the Uke transcript comes out, Christie on ABC TV tape says it would only be a problem if Trump said something like "could you do me a favor?" After the transcript comes out, Christie says the "favor" line would only be a problem if Christie himself said it, because Christie would never talk that way. But Trump's a business guy, so no problem -- "that's just the way Trump talks and does business."

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/09/chr ... talks.html

What the heck Chris?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:46 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm Please listen...CAREFULLY...to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio's (R-Florida) fascinating comment. :?

The ultimate bull shirt.

"Russia -- if you can hear me, please hack the Democrats."

That's illegal. Per Rubio, though, it isn't. Because it wasn't a real request. It was just a joke. So it doesn't count.

Only problem is that the Russians (and the Ukes and the Chinese) didn't think/know it was a joke. They all acted in response to the "jokes." Why? Because the "jokes" look exactly like what "real" stuff would look like.

Much of the racist/crazy/stupid/gross/illegal stuff Trump says is later excused because he was just "joking." Even though no one except Trumpsters can tell the difference.

For some reason, only Trump toadies have the secret de-coder ring (which only works if the cover-up mode has been activated) to tell when the leader of the free world is in stand-up comic mode. Such a modern meta problem we have. Trump is just so tragically mis-understood.

The even better one is Chris Christie.

Before the Uke transcript comes out, Christie on ABC TV tape says it would only be a problem if Trump said something like "could you do me a favor?" After the transcript comes out, Christie says the "favor" line would only be a problem if Christie himself said it, because Christie would never talk that way. But Trump's a business guy, so no problem -- "that's just the way Trump talks and does business."

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/09/chr ... talks.html

What the heck Chris?
Guy is running the country like he runs his schlocky businesses.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”