JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by runrussellrun »

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/worl ... -ties.html

and

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... oft-power/

A 2012 investigation from Forbes Ukraine noted that registration documents from Ukraine and Cyprus indicated that Nikolay Zlochevsky, a former government minister and representative of Yanukovych's Party of Regions, was in control of the company. There was speculation from Ukrainian energy analysts that Biden's appointment may have been an attempt to avoid sanctions by other, bigger Yanukovych allies.

hypocrites unite........taats divide.

Cyprus again. Something about the long forgotten Panama "red" Papers and Cyprus bankis. tRump too?

I can't wait to watch the Obama netflix stuff........can't fault them at all.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:50 am https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/worl ... -ties.html

and

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... oft-power/

A 2012 investigation from Forbes Ukraine noted that registration documents from Ukraine and Cyprus indicated that Nikolay Zlochevsky, a former government minister and representative of Yanukovych's Party of Regions, was in control of the company. There was speculation from Ukrainian energy analysts that Biden's appointment may have been an attempt to avoid sanctions by other, bigger Yanukovych allies.

hypocrites unite........taats divide.

Cyprus again. Something about the long forgotten Panama "red" Papers and Cyprus bankis. tRump too?

I can't wait to watch the Obama netflix stuff........can't fault them at all.
There is nothing clean in Cyprus. Wilbur Ross was Vice Chair of Cyprus Bank before being tapped on the shoulder by "Don" Trump.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The Russian government definitely has some sort of leverage and control over Donald Trump.

A former senior administration official who repeatedly discussed the issue with Trump said that the president thought “what we were doing in Ukraine was pointless and just aggravating the Russians.”

“The president’s position basically is, we should recognize the fact that the Russians should be our friends, and who cares about the Ukrainians?” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Yes, who cares about Ukraine?

Who cares if Putin invaded Ukraine?

Who cares if Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia?

Who cares if Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait?

Anyone who trusts Donald Trump to act in our nation’s best interest is a complete idiot.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am But, you just can't rap your head around the Pentagon being audited........we need to focus on OTHER laws ;)
You want to replay something where I was clearly right, and you were clearly wrong? Ok. Let's do it. From July of this year.....
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:15 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 am You are suddenly concerned about waste? Fraud? But poo pooed the FIRST evah Pentagon audit as worthless.
:lol: It was.

They run one every year now? Nope. Did they correct any of their accounting methods, or get fined by Congress for not following accounting rules that every other Dept. follows with no trouble whatsoever? Nope.

So yep. Pointless.
There you go. Who was right, and who was wrong? That's right, ace. ;)

And instead of withholding funds, what did Trump and Congress----both D's and R's do? They increased spending over two bill by well over a Trillion dollars. And you're STILL thrilled they ran a pointless audit that did NOTHING but waste money. Because apparently we're supposed to believe that our military can't add and subtract.
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am What does Sept. 9th have to do with anything? What is the penalty for transmitttal beyond the 7 days? Nothing? exactly
So glad you asked. Would you like to hear what's up next, according to the law?

The Director can bury it and claim whatever nonsense he likes for not handing it over. Happy now?

So now we no longer have a whistleblower law. And you and Old Salt are thrilled. Nice job.

Old Salt has now openly told us that he thinks leaking of classified intel is the only path for those who witness wrongdoing in our government. After lecturing us for years as to how important the classified system is.

Bravo. Gee, i wonder if anyone is going to get killed over this green light on leaking? Who cares, right? It's not me.

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am Meanwhile, our tax dollars are feeding the oligarchy to the tune of almost a $100 billion a day. And no one cares.
We discuss it nonstop. Look, you don't get to hassle us if you're not going to pay attention.
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am The idiots at the MSM need to understand this: to destroy tRump, you MUST put out 24/7/365 POSITIVE news stories, if you really want him gone. But, they don't.
What makes you think they want him gone? What, because Trump and Old Salt and Hannity sez so?

How much richer is the 1% with Trump in power? And who owns the media? Come on man. 1+1=2. Wake up. The media LOVES Trump. He is the all-time champion of clickbait. And will the 1% be richer if Trump gets elected? Take a wild guess.....
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am ABV 8.3 makes a valid point, if team Biden truly did do something wrong, as many have suggested on both sides, it seems this is a valid request to another gov't. Additionally, campaign op-research is not a crime.....right? the HRC precedent already established that?
Yep. In roll the "that's not illegal's". We're going to hear a whole lot of that in the coming years.

The 1%ers are cheering this attitude. What I've learned from this board is that there are millions of Americans who think I should stop operating in the somewhat free market, and simply start financing political campaigns.....and sit back and feast on taxpayer funded State contracts and employees.

So what? That's not illegal.

The crazy thing is that it's the boomers----the "get off my lawn, our country is becoming immoral"---------are the ones who think this behavior is ok.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am ABV 8.3 makes a valid point, if team Biden truly did do something wrong, as many have suggested on both sides, it seems this is a valid request to another gov't. Additionally, campaign op-research is not a crime.....right? the HRC precedent already established that?
Yep. In roll the "that's not illegal's". We're going to hear a whole lot of that in the coming years.

The 1%ers are cheering this attitude. What I've learned from this board is that there are millions of Americans who think I should stop operating in the somewhat free market, and simply start financing political campaigns.....and sit back and feast on taxpayer funded State contracts and employees.

So what? That's not illegal.

The crazy thing is that it's the boomers----the "get off my lawn, our country is becoming immoral"---------are the ones who think this behavior is ok.
:lol: Revenge of the GenXers :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Something like that.

It's certainly been an eye opening experience finding out that I have a completely different idea as to what ethical business behavior is and isn't, than many posters here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am Is this the crux (in red) of the issue and it is not that asking Ukraine to investigate Biden's son a big deal....legally? I wonder if they (trump) already knows what happened and we are giving Ukraine an opportunity make it right.
No. The crux of the issue is violating the whistleblower act, and burying the complaint behind a wall of buffalo bagels.

If this turns out to be a nothingburger (always a possibility)? That makes this far, far worse.

The Director of National Intel told every one of our 5 Million Federal employees (including our military) to take a pass on the whistleblower path, and instead, leak classified info. straight to the press.

If it's a nothing complaint? What the heck did he break the law for?

Stupid. Just freaking stupid.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:20 pm Something like that.

It's certainly been an eye opening experience finding out that I have a completely different idea as to what ethical business behavior is and isn't, than many posters here.
Well a fan, as a general rule people become more conservative with age as you know, but then they mellow with age as well ;)

I think the Boomer's reaction is a push back against the idiot resistance and left wing nuts more than anything else.
a fan

Post by a fan »

And I get that.....you likely didn't see the post where I told Old Salt that I caught Lawrence ODonnell (sp) and Maddow (because of the Missus) for an hour or two for the first time in I don't know how long, and it made me understand where Old Salt was coming from in his gripe about the Resistance and the Prestwick story. Those two are just waaaaaay over the top, and are more ridiculous than ever.

But, again, that doesn't mean that this stuff Trump is doing is ok. It's a mistake to judge what Trump and Co. do by the reaction of the left. They can both be wankers, and send the whole country down the toilet.

I've gone from liberal, to libertarian (boy was I dumb back then), to fiscal conservative in my last 30 years. How about you?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Boomers need to look in the mirror. If you were born in 1945-1955 say, you were 30-50 from 1975-2005 driving the bus in this country. That includes Nixon, Vietnam, disco music, big hair and coke, aids, Iran contra, Clinton and Bush, Cold War, Tab soda, every excess imaginable, guarantees in the form of defined benefit plans both corporate and government, shall I keep going.

GenX, which I’m in that small bucket outside of, born in 1978, is having to respond to the superficial, selfish pile of doo left by boomers who want their SS, dope rump end of life care, massive vehicles to drive to the mall, early bird dinners etc.

At this point it’s time for boomers to shut the f up and make sure to keep their diapers clean and stay in the right lane on the road.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Bravo!!

Boomers are the ultimate "me" generation. Born of government social programs that millenials can only dream of, but would swear on a stack of Bibles that they did it on their own.

Medicare is the pinnacle of Boomerism. They take $3 out for every $1 they put in. And refuse to cut bennies, and even more loudly, refuse to pay more. So their grandkids get to pay for these selfish (insert bad word).
DMac

Post by DMac »

You forgot a couple of things, women's lib, civil rights movement, brought an end to the Vietnam war, threw a crooked Prez out of office, have been screaming about the legalization of a plant that has great potential, and oh, All In The Family too....powerful show with a powerful message.
Gotta go change my diaper now, arsehole.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Hey, pay your doggone bills, and we're all good!! That's the gripe here!

Of course you've ton a ton of amazing things. Moon Landing. Some sweet rock and roll, and some fine lacrosse players.

And come on, Farrah Fawcett? Thank you for that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Eh grace kelly was way hotter.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I've been to the school of a fan, I've seen the answers. How long before all the bills are paid if your tax plan is put into effect? How long before this generation cleans up the corruption in the health care game? No more need for Medicaid and old folks taking out more than they put in. You know there's a lot more at play here than we old folks sucking the life out of the econonmy....and I know I'm out of my league when discussing this issue with you.
Linda Ronstadt and Barbie Benton too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

When you guys start dying off. And we begin to emulate the hot younger sister version of what Japan has become.

https://www2.census.gov/programs-survey ... 7-t12.xlsx

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

For every hot chick you have, there’s also a pederass/Roman polanski/Bill cosby/Jesse Jackson/Jon dough/harvey Weinstein too.

I got love for you dmac, although you shouldn’t take credit for legalizing weed, that’s the generation after mine (millennials, gross). Maybe Tim Leary and leaking spines, that good juice in Guyana/Jonestown, but not weed. But boomers arguing that they have any business “pushing back” on younger generations is a bit much.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I must be remembering when NORML was established and what generation founded it wrong. Coulda sworn it was the boomers. Anyway no one listened until recently, some of Uncle Sam's boys had different uses for marijuana too, that didn't help much. Thank the generation who got it legalized for catching the assist and scoring.
Can't play the t*i*t-for-tat game. Lot of good people, pretty ones too, and bad people in every generation.
I don't know what you mean by pushing back.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Absolutely, DMac!

You can make fun of GenXers until the cows come home. We're the crew who brought you Bad Techo.

(sorry about that)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

See Techs post before my first one. Ascribing older folks support for the Trump world to a push back of the excesses of younger generations. Reality is that just called getting old and anachronistic. I’m 41, spent a number of ears doing the jerkoff, work on excel models and build macros to 2am and now feel like a Luddite w respect to technology. “What the heck is wrong with waking eight blocks, these Bird and Lyme scooters gots to go!”

Return to “POLITICS”