The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:13 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:53 am
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:53 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:36 am How the border impacts our economy and employment. Thanks Kamala. https://x.com/SpeakerJohnson/status/1836516101162991659
Boy, Youth. We should pass a bipartisan bill that sends more resources down to stop it.

And how many times do I have to tell you that visa overstays are the really big number ? You don’t care .

At some point you chaps are going to stop moving the goalposts around so that you always blame the Dems for this issue, right?
you just love spending more money.
Nope. You’re the one telling us there is a problem with the southern border, not me. We can do nothing about it all you want.

If you don’t want to address this fake problem ? Stop complaining.
Imagine that? Doing something costs money Shocking news.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Driving the deficit up. Trump wants to renew SALT and not let it expire as scheduled. Its a benefit to the wealthy.

Cost: 1.5 to 2 trillion.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Saltine Warriior's favorite bureaucrat was on 60 Minutes tonight

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ftc-chair- ... ranscript/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:39 pm Saltine Warriior's favorite bureaucrat was on 60 Minutes tonight

That DEI lady?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:39 pm Saltine Warriior's favorite bureaucrat was on 60 Minutes tonight

She's cheered by everyone....like 99.999999% of Americans who aren't lining their pockets via the monopolies we have in every single business sector.

As FFG has explained, once they get monopoly status, the elite spend more time rigging the game than they do running their companies profitably.

It's sad, and it's KILLING innovation, a brings a whole mess of negative consequences.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

A thought.

Reaganomics postulated a “trickle-down” effect for wealth creation. The reality was quite different. What trickled down is the rising cost of living for ordinary people who are being paid with debased dollars.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:34 pm A thought.

Reaganomics postulated a “trickle-down” effect for wealth creation. The reality was quite different. What trickled down is the rising cost of living for ordinary people who are being paid with debased dollars.
The part everyone ignores with this stupid "tax cut" thing....is that 100% of the time, these idiots explode Federal spending.

THAT is why revenue goes up, you idiots: we're borrowing billions, which is pumped through the economy and taxed.

THAT is why tax revenues go up. Duh.

The part they want you to ignore.....is that we BORROWED all the money that's getting taxed, and we have to pay interest to get that neat-o "tax revenue". No one bothers telling head-moron Laffer about this simple point. They NEVER leave spending alone when they do these tax cuts. If they did? They'd find out immediately that (duh) tax cuts never pay for themselves. Shocker.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

In Bidenomics it is referred to as trickle up poverty. If only you didn't have to buy groceries and gasoline for your car and gas and electric to run your house and pay exorbitant property taxes most all of middle America would be rich by now... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:47 pm

In Bidenomics it is referred to as trickle up poverty. If only you didn't have to buy groceries and gasoline for your car and gas and electric to run your house and pay exorbitant property taxes most all of middle America would be rich by now... :roll:
middle America must have been rolling in it before Biden was elected!

Oh, wait...

Here's your sign.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Simple solution: A. don't let Trump make government over 60% bigger in four years. B. double our effective tax rates to where they were under Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon etc.

Do that? Inflation goes away.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:52 pm

Simple solution: A. don't let Trump make government over 60% bigger in four years. B. double our effective tax rates to where they were under Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon etc.

Do that? Inflation goes away.
A better solution, don't start never ending wars in other nations. Another better solution, don't support never ending wars in other countries. You wanna blame trump my man. There is plenty of effing blame to go around. FTR trump wasn't a politician yet when GWB was settling a grudge with Saddam Hussein. You remember when you were always talking about ... You break it you buy it?? That was sooooo long ago you probably don't remember? :roll:
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Consider:

Reaganomics postulated the “trickle-down” effect for wealth creation. The reality is quite different. What trickled down is the rising cost of living for ordinary people who are being paid with debased dollars.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:02 pm A better solution, don't start never ending wars in other nations. Another better solution, don't support never ending wars in other countries. You wanna blame trump my man. There is plenty of effing blame to go around.
I blame Trump because you're trying to hit Biden alone, my man.

Trump cut taxes big time, which is why our deficit is getting bigger...what happens when you have too much money in circulation, my man?

Inflation. And yep, Biden "forgot" to negate Trump's stupid tax cuts.

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:02 pm
FTR trump wasn't a politician yet when GWB was settling a grudge with Saddam Hussein. You remember when you were always talking about ... You break it you buy it?? That was sooooo long ago you probably don't remember? :roll:
Oh, I remember. That was IRAQ. And that was Colin Powell, not me.

The problem with this, as you know, is that we are in every freaking country. So we CAN'T follow that rule....we don't have enough soldiers for that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:02 pm A better solution, don't start never ending wars in other nations. Another better solution, don't support never ending wars in other countries. You wanna blame trump my man. There is plenty of effing blame to go around.
I blame Trump because you're trying to hit Biden alone, my man.

Trump cut taxes big time, which is why our deficit is getting bigger...what happens when you have too much money in circulation, my man?

Inflation. And yep, Biden "forgot" to negate Trump's stupid tax cuts.

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:02 pm
FTR trump wasn't a politician yet when GWB was settling a grudge with Saddam Hussein. You remember when you were always talking about ... You break it you buy it?? That was sooooo long ago you probably don't remember? :roll:
Oh, I remember. That was IRAQ. And that was Colin Powell, not me.

The problem with this, as you know, is that we are in every freaking country. So we CAN'T follow that rule....we don't have enough soldiers for that.
Maybe we do my man. We still have an Infantry division on the DMV in Korea. We still have our military in Germany, Poland and Japan. We use to have a massive airbase in the Philippines. We are now rejuvenating the airbase in Tinian. The presence of the US military has never gone away since WW2.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Trump selling commemorative coins. :lol:

But wait, there's more!

"Maybe we'll pay off the $35 trillion US debt in crypto. I'll write on a little piece of paper, '$35T crypto we have no debt.' That's what I like".

Hard to imagine how much of an idiot this guy is, and people love him for it.

But wait, it gets better!

Check out the crowd in his coin unveiling and crypto answer. https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/sta ... n-u-s-debt
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:54 am Trump selling commemorative coins. :lol:

But wait, there's more!

"Maybe we'll pay off the $35 trillion US debt in crypto. I'll write on a little piece of paper, '$35T crypto we have no debt.' That's what I like".

Check out the crowd in his coin unveiling and crypto answer. https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/sta ... n-u-s-debt
And people here want to talk about Uncle Joe losing it. :oops:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:17 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:54 am Trump selling commemorative coins. :lol:

But wait, there's more!

Funny. The guy lives on debt. One reasom he moved to the Russians in the 90s is a need for money
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:43 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:17 pm

But wait, there's more!

Funny. The guy lives on debt. One reasom he moved to the Russians in the 90s is a need for money
We learned LONG ago that modern Republicans don't understand interest payments on debt, and don't understand that the economy booms when you borrow trillions, and pump it through the economy. The ENTIRE Trump economy was built on a massive increase in Federal spending.

Try explaining this to a Trump fan. They're CONVINCED he cut government, when he did no such thing.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

That is not the only area they choose to be ignorant about. Let’s not forget inflation, foreign policy, tax policy. The common denominator underlying it all is none of those bcs they don’t really care enough to know. It is a rationalization
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”