Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
WashedUpLaxDad

Re: Recruiting

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:50 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 pm I am a little surprised that Coastal Carolina only has 2 commits so far. With making the tourney last year and building the new indoor practice facility, I would have thought Coastal would have been a very enticing draw. One step forward, one step back I guess.
There’s quite a few mid and upper mid teams that are low. Delaware, Drexel and Jacksonville all have zero.
Coastal and Delaware are primarily reaching out to top 300 girls. They are waiting for them to "fall through the cracks" before they start reaching out to others. Delaware definitely has many offers out there.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

WashedUpLaxDad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:55 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:50 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 pm I am a little surprised that Coastal Carolina only has 2 commits so far. With making the tourney last year and building the new indoor practice facility, I would have thought Coastal would have been a very enticing draw. One step forward, one step back I guess.
There’s quite a few mid and upper mid teams that are low. Delaware, Drexel and Jacksonville all have zero.
Coastal and Delaware are primarily reaching out to top 300 girls. They are waiting for them to "fall through the cracks" before they start reaching out to others. Delaware definitely has many offers out there.
😁 I’m sure plenty of teams have offers out there and out to top 300. They always do. But I find it interesting no one has accepted yet. There’s always one or two. Drexel is a top 30-40 team, possibly 25. I’m surprised O’Donnel and Geiger haven’t locked up someone before today. Delaware lost their main recruiter. No idea how Steph leaving impacted that. So that is not as surprising. Although it’s probably not the best game plan, many kids pick their school because of coaches. I guess it’s a good thing if you stay away from one because of it, but picking a school because of an asst coach is a disaster waiting to happen, but it does happen.
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funlaxmom

Post by funlaxmom »

There are multiple Ivy's and a few better ACC's without a full slate yet. Wild times! Or maybe it's early and some are still pondering. But who's left??
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

funlaxmom wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:25 pm There are multiple Ivy's and a few better ACC's without a full slate yet. Wild times! Or maybe it's early and some are still pondering. But who's left??
There are plenty of 50-250 ranked girls who are not yet committed. Also remember there are many top girls who don't want a power 5 schools for a variety of reasons (want more of a life balance, want smaller school, location, $$, etc.)
Re: Ivies, now that test scores are required at most Ivies, their player pool is shrinking. My daughter's club recruiting director said a top 4 Ivy program told her that at least half of the girls they recruited in 2024 couldn't be recruited now due to test scores.Apparently a couple 25 Ivy commits didn't get past the preread and had to find a new home.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

There are a more commits than Inside Lacrosse and laxnumbers show. Most schools have a few more than listed from what I hear. Not everybody immediately changes their status on SportsRecruits, not everybody is like the junkies on this site. haha

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”