2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2020 Elections - Off and Running

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:25 am IT IS THE SOCIAL ISSUES. .... it is ("cry baby conservatism" - thanks George Will).
Oh, I agree. The Dems won't get these voters. They'll get those that normally don't vote, but are getting screwed by another year and a half of tariffs. And what I'm really talking about is Mexico. All Mexico has to do is tell Trump to buzz off...call his bluff...and Trump is stupid enough to enact those Draconian tariffs.

He does that? That's it. He's done. Did you see how high those tariffs are?

Long time before next November.....

Yes, that was my last post. He hasn't really turned massive numbers of the white working class OFF, yet. But if he imposes those tariffs on Mexico, he is going to kill the US auto industry. He really f's up the supply chains and there is nothing they can do short term other than eat it, or raise prices (pass the tax along).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:51 pm
now the World is holding all the cards-----China, EU, Mexico, and now India....will simply wait Trump out.
Now I see whose side you're on.
Oh yeah. I'm rooting to lose. :roll: 6ft---all I'm telling you is what is happening.

Come on. I told you exactly, precisely what would happen a year and a half ago when this whole thing started. China would wait Trump out. We have elections. China doesn't. You and your FoxNation buddies don't want to hear that, so you just think Trump has a cape and can fly over buildings.

As I said at the time, it's the Iraq War all over again: it would never, ever, ever cross your mind that we could lose this Trade War. You think America always wins, so in your mind, the risk is worth the reward. You think the reward is coming no matter what. It hasn't occurred to you that there is next to no chance the reward is coming.

China is holding all the cards. What does Chinese leadership care if their citizens suffer for a few months? They don't. Meanwhile, here in the US, what happened within weeks of the start of the war? Trump borrowed $16 Billion from China (among others) to give it to farmers because they can't hack even a few weeks of this trade war. If you're China, and you see that happen....how hard are you laughing at the idea of capitulating to Trump?

You don't get it. But you would if Trump were a Dem. Sorry, mate, but you're blinded by that stupid letter R.
Three simple questions....

China has been around how long?
Xi is worried about being “re-elected”?
Are Americans really this dumb?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Exactly. I'm no financial genius. So tell me how I knew exactly how this would play out a full year and a half ago?

Logic. Mind numbingly simple logic, that's how.

Americans think we'll win, no matter what. Consider how dangerous and foolish this attitude is in a Trade War.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:51 pm
now the World is holding all the cards-----China, EU, Mexico, and now India....will simply wait Trump out.
Now I see whose side you're on.
Oh yeah. I'm rooting to lose. :roll: 6ft---all I'm telling you is what is happening.

Come on. I told you exactly, precisely what would happen a year and a half ago when this whole thing started. China would wait Trump out. We have elections. China doesn't. You and your FoxNation buddies don't want to hear that, so you just think Trump has a cape and can fly over buildings.

As I said at the time, it's the Iraq War all over again: it would never, ever, ever cross your mind that we could lose this Trade War. You think America always wins, so in your mind, the risk is worth the reward. You think the reward is coming no matter what. It hasn't occurred to you that there is next to no chance the reward is coming.

China is holding all the cards. What does Chinese leadership care if their citizens suffer for a few months? They don't. Meanwhile, here in the US, what happened within weeks of the start of the war? Trump borrowed $16 Billion from China (among others) to give it to farmers because they can't hack even a few weeks of this trade war. If you're China, and you see that happen....how hard are you laughing at the idea of capitulating to Trump?

You don't get it. But you would if Trump were a Dem. Sorry, mate, but you're blinded by that stupid letter R.
Three simple questions....

China has been around how long?
Xi is worried about being “re-elected”?
Are Americans really this dumb?
… at least one American is!

I don't think the rank and file American worker is really this dumb. I suspect a lot of these folk are already "silently" not happy about what is going on in the economy under Trump, they just will not express that opinion in public. What they do at the balot box in 2020 is completely a separate question. I really don't think these folks care a whole lot about intellectual property issues. They don't benefit from it finacially. This is a "rich people game".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:18 am Exactly. I'm no financial genius. So tell me how I knew exactly how this would play out a full year and a half ago?

Logic. Mind numbingly simple logic, that's how.

Americans think we'll win, no matter what. Consider how dangerous and foolish this attitude is in a Trade War.
Too many John Wayne movies.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 am
CU77 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:14 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:06 pmWhat about the working person who spends freely throughout his working life, then injures his back and can't work anymore. No money left. Now what? Does he become a beggar on the street?
No one would deny HELP for the situations you mentioned. A safety net for the helpless

Not a bottomless pocket for the vast number of CLUELESS and lazy created by 4 generations of democrats buying votes..
Ah, so we must decide who is worthy of help and who is clueless and lazy, is that it?

And can you please tell me who decides? Who will appoint the death panels that will tell me whether I am worthy of help, or clueless and lazy?

I really want to know how you think this should work.
So only government aperatchecks can make those decisions. Adults can't figure it out? You should be watching Chernobyl on HBO.
Who are these adults who are figuring it out?

Once again, here is the scenario: "What about the working person who spends freely throughout his working life, then injures his back and can't work anymore. No money left. Now what?"

Please give me your answer. Is it private charity? Will you give the guy a quarter when he begs on your street?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Pretty sure he said a "safety net for the helpless." It's not a black and white scenario. Despite the constant stereotyping of conservatives as heartless bastards, that's not the case. There's nothing wrong with asking for proof.

There are ways to determine who is helpless and needs support and who is just plain lazy.

How about expiration dates for support? Drug testing? How about the US gov't runs their social safety nets the same way the VA runs it's military disability program? If you want benefits for life, you have to apply for it in front of a board and get a rating that determines your level of disability. Show documentation and proof. Don't like your rating? Keep documenting and reapply and appeal when the time comes.

This is a benefit, not a right. Simply raising your hand and saying so, shouldn't be enough.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 pm Pretty sure he said a "safety net for the helpless." It's not a black and white scenario. Despite the constant stereotyping of conservatives as heartless bastards, that's not the case. There's nothing wrong with asking for proof.

There are ways to determine who is helpless and needs support and who is just plain lazy.

How about expiration dates for support? Drug testing? How about the US gov't runs their social safety nets the same way the VA runs it's military disability program? If you want benefits for life, you have to apply for it in front of a board and get a rating that determines your level of disability. Show documentation and proof. Don't like your rating? Keep documenting and reapply and appeal when the time comes.

This is a benefit, not a right. Simply raising your hand and saying so, shouldn't be enough.
Isn't that the case with SS disability...make your claim in front of an administrative judge?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Of course it's not "simply raising your hand":

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/disability/qualify.html

But we will never get 6ft, kramerica, etc, to give a straight answer to my simple scenario: working-class guy, never married, no kids, blows through his paycheck every week, saves nothing. Then injures his back at age 55 and can now barely get around, can't do his old job at all.

Now what? What sort of help does he get? If cut off at some point, when should that be? Five years? Ten?

No, we won't get answers. Because they have none. They just want to pontificate about how everyone but them is lazy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 pm Pretty sure he said a "safety net for the helpless." It's not a black and white scenario. Despite the constant stereotyping of conservatives as heartless bastards, that's not the case. There's nothing wrong with asking for proof.

You're laboring under the impression that the libs are "in the way" of this happening. Who do you think has been running Congress for the bulk of the last 20 years?

More to the point, the vast majority of this Federal money is allocated to the States, and the States manage these programs. Complain to your local State government if you don't like how it's been managed. Seriously. Ask for more oversight.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A Fan... you have not commented on this as I thought you might. Did the treatment that John Hickenlooper received from his fellow Democrats bother you at all? It bothered me quite a bit. His message was spot on what the Democrats need to do to beat Trump, but they boo him off the stage... I don't get it. :?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:20 pm A Fan... you have not commented on this as I thought you might. Did the treatment that John Hickenlooper received from his fellow Democrats bother you at all? It bothered me quite a bit. His message was spot on what the Democrats need to do to beat Trump, but they boo him off the stage... I don't get it. :?
If you ever watch Bill Maher, you would find he agrees with you 100%. IF the Ds are going to have test for not being " _____enough", they will suffer the same fate as last time.

Those who didn't pull for HRC or Trump, voted for Trump...unless you live in a true blue state.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 am
CU77 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:14 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:06 pmWhat about the working person who spends freely throughout his working life, then injures his back and can't work anymore. No money left. Now what? Does he become a beggar on the street?
No one would deny HELP for the situations you mentioned. A safety net for the helpless

Not a bottomless pocket for the vast number of CLUELESS and lazy created by 4 generations of democrats buying votes..
Ah, so we must decide who is worthy of help and who is clueless and lazy, is that it?

And can you please tell me who decides? Who will appoint the death panels that will tell me whether I am worthy of help, or clueless and lazy?

I really want to know how you think this should work.
So only government aperatchecks can make those decisions. Adults can't figure it out? You should be watching Chernobyl on HBO.
Who are these adults who are figuring it out?

Once again, here is the scenario: "What about the working person who spends freely throughout his working life, then injures his back and can't work anymore. No money left. Now what?"

Please give me your answer. Is it private charity? Will you give the guy a quarter when he begs on your street?
How many times does it have to be said. Care for the helpless and sick. Not the clueless. If you can't tell the difference then we're in trouble.

I can take you to neighborhoods at all points of the compass from where I sit with 18-24 yr old healthy young men sitting on the porch drinking beer at all hours the day, They don't have jobs. Neither do their 15-18 yr old girlfriends pushing two babies under 3 in strollers around with their friends in similar circumstances. Only 25% of 8th graders in our school district can read at grade level. (School budget's close to 700 million annually.) They don't have to read or write or add or subtract. The government has provided them an alternative lifestyle.With no incentive to leave it.

If there weren't millions of clueless collecting how much would there be for your 55 year old handicapped worker.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Always good to see the views taken by the Trump base voter...very enlightening... :shock:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:20 pm A Fan... you have not commented on this as I thought you might. Did the treatment that John Hickenlooper received from his fellow Democrats bother you at all? It bothered me quite a bit. His message was spot on what the Democrats need to do to beat Trump, but they boo him off the stage... I don't get it. :?
It absolutely bothered me! But I'm a moderate hoping for a guy like Hick. Or Kasich. Those on the stage that booed want a candidate that's much further left.

You've been right all along. Trump is going to cruise to a victory barring unforeseen events. The Dems are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If they nominate a guy like Hick, youth/lefty voter turnout will likely suffer, handing Trump a win.

If they nominate someone more on the left, the moderates will stay home or vote Trump.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:06 pm Always good to see the views taken by the Trump base voter...very enlightening... :shock:

Maybe that's you I see up on the porches drinking genny light and smoking Marlboros.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:30 pm Of course it's not "simply raising your hand":

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/disability/qualify.html

But we will never get 6ft, kramerica, etc, to give a straight answer to my simple scenario: working-class guy, never married, no kids, blows through his paycheck every week, saves nothing. Then injures his back at age 55 and can now barely get around, can't do his old job at all.

Now what? What sort of help does he get? If cut off at some point, when should that be? Five years? Ten?

No, we won't get answers. Because they have none. They just want to pontificate about how everyone but them is lazy.
Not true at all.

Glad to answer and try to discuss.

He/she should be required to prove their disability before the judge and/or medical board. Then the board determines their level of disability- 20% 50% 75% 100% etc.

Is the person working age? What did the person earn before they were injured? Do they have a degree? What is their work experience? What is their market value as an employee? If their earning value is $50K, and they are 50% injured- they get $25K a year, no?

Someone with no work experience or provable market value? Easy- Minimum wage x 40hrs x 52 weeks for someone deemed 100% disabled.

Once proven disabled, why does it need to be recinded? Support continues until retirment age when SS and other benefits kick in.

Now that I've answered your question, where does this person's fictional financial support come from?
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is a State issue, and can 100% be controlled by the legislators and Governor of your home State.

Seriously. The States control the funding. And I'm telling you, you can't get these checks without meeting goals and parameters. There are severe limits to what you can get, and for how long.

All this info. is available on line in every State. And if you don't like how they're running things, let your State Rep know!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:45 pm He/she should be required to prove their disability before the judge and/or medical board. Then the board determines their level of disability- 20% 50% 75% 100% etc.

Is the person working age? What did the person earn before they were injured? Do they have a degree? What is their work experience? What is their market value as an employee? If their earning value is $50K, and they are 50% injured- they get $25K a year, no?

Someone with no work experience or provable market value? Easy- Minimum wage x 40hrs x 52 weeks for someone deemed 100% disabled.
This pretty much summarizes the current SS disability program. If you want to debate details, I'm happy to do so.
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:45 pm Once proven disabled, why does it need to be recinded? Support continues until retirment age when SS and other benefits kick in.
Earlier you said "How about expiration dates for support?" so that's why I asked. Also, 6ft was bashing SS itself as socialism that should never have been enacted.
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:45 pm Now that I've answered your question, where does this person's fictional financial support come from?
From taxes paid by all of us, including him when he was working. And if we tax capital income the same as labor income (a total no-brainer in my view, but opposed by nearly all on the right, who want to slash capital taxes to zero) then we would have plenty of money to cover it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm
If you ever watch Bill Maher, you would find he agrees with you 100%. IF the Ds are going to have test for not being " _____enough", they will suffer the same fate as last time.

Those who didn't pull for HRC or Trump, voted for Trump...unless you live in a true blue state.
agree with you 100%. I wonder if there is a powerful enough force in the Democrat party to bring these folks to their senses. I would like to see Trump lose. I don't see any of the front runners that can pull it off right now. It is early and things can and will change. The extreme far left agenda the dems are heading towards will not win then the WH.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”